Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

What Can Make You Happy In The Long Term? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Can Make You Happy In The Long Term? (1572 Views)

What Is The One Thing That Makes You Happy In Present Day Nigeria / What Is That Special Thing That Makes You Happy? / If You Want To Be A Miserable Failure, Just Do What Makes You Happy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can Make You Happy In The Long Term? by Liposure: 8:07pm On Mar 18, 2021
Consider the following:
Job satisfaction
Loving family
Good health
Plenty of money
Strong religious beliefs
Etc
For me, it'd be good health. I've always prayed for good health.
Re: What Can Make You Happy In The Long Term? by chatinent: 8:22pm On Mar 18, 2021
Right view of money, and doing the more important things.

2 Likes

Re: What Can Make You Happy In The Long Term? by anthonyuncle(m): 8:29pm On Mar 18, 2021
money

1 Like

Re: What Can Make You Happy In The Long Term? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 18, 2021
Good health allow me add loving family

2 Likes

Re: What Can Make You Happy In The Long Term? by pocohantas(f): 9:07pm On Mar 18, 2021
All of them, if life permits. They are not mutually exclusive (i.e) the presence of one, doesn’t connote the absence of the other.

8 Likes

Re: What Can Make You Happy In The Long Term? by Bodyodour: 11:00pm On Mar 18, 2021
health,average wealth and most importantly, peaceful family.

1 Like

Re: What Can Make You Happy In The Long Term? by Liposure: 10:02am On Mar 19, 2021
Bodyodour:
health,average wealth and most importantly, peaceful family.
three in one
Re: What Can Make You Happy In The Long Term? by Liposure: 9:11pm On Mar 19, 2021
anthonyuncle:
money
Money talks
Re: What Can Make You Happy In The Long Term? by stubbornman(m): 9:47pm On Mar 19, 2021
If I figure out myself....
Go into music.
Overcome challenges.

Be totally born again.

1 Like

Re: What Can Make You Happy In The Long Term? by Liposure: 8:26pm On Mar 20, 2021
stubbornman:
If I figure out myself.... Go into music. Overcome challenges.

Be totally born again.
all the best
Re: What Can Make You Happy In The Long Term? by Twoclans(f): 8:30pm On Mar 20, 2021
Money and good health

3 Likes

Re: What Can Make You Happy In The Long Term? by KanwuliaExtra: 9:05pm On Mar 20, 2021
PEACE OF MIND! kiss

3 Likes

Re: What Can Make You Happy In The Long Term? by Arsenate(m): 9:07pm On Mar 20, 2021
Cooling off in my village apartment away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Not obligated to wake up in the morning and go to some miserable white collar job.

5 Likes

Re: What Can Make You Happy In The Long Term? by Liposure: 8:45am On Mar 21, 2021
Arsenate:
Cooling off in my village apartment away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Not obligated to wake up in the morning and go to some miserable white collar job.
sounds nice. Very important

1 Like

Re: What Can Make You Happy In The Long Term? by Liposure: 7:35pm On Mar 21, 2021
KanwuliaExtra:
PEACE OF MIND! kiss
very important
Re: What Can Make You Happy In The Long Term? by Liposure: 10:54pm On Mar 22, 2021
chatinent:
Right view of money, and doing the more important things.
all things being equal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can Make You Happy In The Long Term? by Mryacks: 11:18pm On Mar 22, 2021
Liposure:
Consider the following:
Job satisfaction
Loving family
Good health
Plenty of money
Strong religious beliefs
For me, good health. I've always prayed for good health.

Good health

1 Like

Re: What Can Make You Happy In The Long Term? by Nobody: 12:50am On Mar 23, 2021
Good health. (Health like they say, is wealth). If you feel dirt poor but healthy, then it might be eye-opening to visit the mortuary, or/and hospitals with patience suffering from uncurable diseases that make their money completely useless.

The second would be meaning and purpose. Like Frederich Nietzsche once said, ''He that has a ''why'' can bear any ''how''. For one to properly orientate himself and match into the future with a healthy mind and assurance, he must be purposeful, that no matter what happens and the struggle he faces, he will keep matching with the burning hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

The third will be money. Most of your life problems will be solved if you have money. Life is a race against time, and with money, you will be flying while others are crawling. The house you shall buy cash in your 20's, others will buy on mortgage and do all kinds of job to pay off in to their 50's. Flying all around the world while many can't even go to the next city due to finance. So yea, the next on my list is money.

The fourth will be a legion of love and bond. So talk about family, my dog, my friends, and a host of belonging communities (e.g sport buddies, church). For someone to feel really healthy within, they need to feel loved, and also love someone (otherwise you're a psychopath right?). Having all of the above without a community of love is an empty existence that opens one to all kinds of vulnerability. You need your tribe, like a lion, to match and conquer the world.

With the above, I can only tell you that life is good. I am good to go. Who is joining me?

4 Likes

Re: What Can Make You Happy In The Long Term? by Nobody: 8:34am On Mar 23, 2021
Arsenate:

I just liked your comment. But just to be sure it’s only the second sentence I love madly.

Not being obligated to run off to any job.

As for the first, why not a home on an exclusive part of town, away from too many neighbors and noise? Preferably on a hill.

2 Likes

Re: What Can Make You Happy In The Long Term? by Liposure: 8:24pm On Mar 23, 2021
roteblomen:
Good health. (Health like they say, is wealth). If you feel dirt poor but healthy, then it might be eye-opening to visit the mortuary, or/and hospitals with patience suffering from uncurable diseases that make their money completely useless.

The second would be meaning and purpose. Like Frederich Nietzsche once said, ''He that has a ''why'' can bear any ''how''. For one to properly orientate himself and match into the future with a healthy mind and assurance, he must be purposeful, that no matter what happens and the struggle he faces, he will keep matching with the burning hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

The third will be money. Most of your life problems will be solved if you have money. Life is a race against time, and with money, you will be flying while others are crawling. The house you shall buy cash in your 20's, others will buy on mortgage and do all kinds of job to pay off in to their 50's. the
honestly i'm moved
Re: What Can Make You Happy In The Long Term? by IyaTola: 5:50am On Mar 24, 2021
Loving family
Re: What Can Make You Happy In The Long Term? by Rubbiish(m): 6:44am On Mar 24, 2021
Arsenate:
Lol
Re: What Can Make You Happy In The Long Term? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 24, 2021
Liposure:
honestly i'm moved

Why are you moved ?
Re: What Can Make You Happy In The Long Term? by pozehnani(f): 3:23pm On Mar 24, 2021
Everything put together. One cannot replace the other.

Let's be realistic. if you have good health without money to buy basic necessities of life, you won't be satisfied and you will end up sad. Ever heard the saying, a hungry man is an angry man? Let's not deceive ourselves just to appear good.

I shall have everything on the list. shocked

1 Like

Re: What Can Make You Happy In The Long Term? by Liposure: 6:27pm On Mar 24, 2021
roteblomen:

Why are you moved ?
becos you wowed me
Re: What Can Make You Happy In The Long Term? by Liposure: 6:29pm On Mar 24, 2021
Royalroy, lalasticlala what bout u
Re: What Can Make You Happy In The Long Term? by Arsenate(m): 10:17am On Mar 25, 2021
iamadonis2:

I just liked your comment. But just to be sure it’s only the second sentence I love madly.

Not being obligated to run off to any job.

As for the first, why not a home on an exclusive part of town, away from too many neighbors and noise? Preferably on a hill.
Actually, village in my comment up there simply refers to what you just describe. And almost like you read my mind, my apartment, my early retirement home, is surrounded by rocks, located in a certain middle belt town known for its cool weather. wink

1 Like

Re: What Can Make You Happy In The Long Term? by Liposure: 10:22am On Mar 25, 2021
pozehnani:
Everything put together. One cannot replace the other.

Let's be realistic. if you have good health without money to buy basic necessities of life, you won't be satisfied and you will end up sad. Ever heard the saying, a hungry man is an angry man? Let's not deceive ourselves just to appear good.

I shall have everything on the list. shocked
You are quite right. But you need wealth to enjoy wealth because health is wealth.
Re: What Can Make You Happy In The Long Term? by Bola146(f): 1:00pm On Mar 25, 2021
Money and sound health

1 Like

Re: What Can Make You Happy In The Long Term? by pozehnani(f): 1:07pm On Mar 25, 2021
Liposure:
You are quite right. But you need wealth to enjoy wealth because health is wealth.

That was why I said one cannot forego the other. If you're healthy and fall sick without money, how would pay for medicals? The illness worsens and the person dies. tongue. So, it's safe to say they all work together for our good.
Re: What Can Make You Happy In The Long Term? by Liposure: 3:29pm On Mar 25, 2021
Bola146:
Money and sound health
nice combo

1 Like

Re: What Can Make You Happy In The Long Term? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 3:55pm On Mar 25, 2021
Arsenate:

grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

... / Where Is Winnergal's Husband? / How Often Should Couples Be Intimate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.