Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

Why Is It Difficult To Sell A Car With Diesel Engine. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Is It Difficult To Sell A Car With Diesel Engine. (3609 Views)

Li Xang: A Chinese Car With A Sleek Design And Amazing Features / Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors / People Push An Overloaded Car With 25 People In Kano (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It Difficult To Sell A Car With Diesel Engine. by Kewtt: 9:19pm On Mar 31, 2021
Bettycars:

I have a Mercedes Benz E class but I wouldn’t recommend it for business but for just personal or family use. The engine is a never die engine.
Pictures
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Sell A Car With Diesel Engine. by Elsueno: 8:25am On Apr 01, 2021
If diesel cars have enough parts, there are best option. Though slightly more expensive than petrol powered cars when it comes to consumption. At least u won't have to worry about scarcity of diesel and endless ques when the government can't decide whether to remove subsidy or not or just marketers screwing around
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Sell A Car With Diesel Engine. by Bettycars(m): 12:22pm On Apr 01, 2021
Kewtt:

Pictures
This is Car Talk not allowed to advertise but would create a forum to advertise it and notify u
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Sell A Car With Diesel Engine. by chillex8(m): 1:07pm On Apr 01, 2021
Elsueno:
If diesel cars have enough parts, there are best option. Though slightly more expensive than petrol powered cars when it comes to consumption. At least u won't have to worry about scarcity of diesel and endless ques when the government can't decide whether to remove subsidy or not or just marketers screwing around
For me, the only downside is the loud engine noise.
I can't sneak out without notice lol.
Engine is bomb-proof.

Met a fellow TDI golf 5 user. He was all smiles @ 298k miles.
Mine is still breastfeeding @ 158k miles. grin
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Sell A Car With Diesel Engine. by laivwire(m): 9:04pm On Apr 01, 2021
In countries like Zimbabwe, Diesel is cheaper than Petrol.

Besides our diesel here is so poorly refined. The technology is also not as as widespread as Petrol so kazeems will have a hard time with it.

But think about it, how many times in a car lifetime do you need to tinker with the engine block of you do due diligence with maintenance. Quite low.

All in all, as a private use diesel sedan owner, I'll be half expecting you want to use your ride till it dies not flipping it to buy another.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Difficult To Sell A Car With Diesel Engine. by CaptainAyub: 7:21am On Apr 03, 2021
Bettycars:

Diesel engines are super good and very powerful. Have u ever seen a trailers or trucks, big generators, ships or heavy duty machines or vehicles use petrol engines?

Never let the ignorance of many let you berate Diesel engines. In Europe where I source all my vehicles diesel vehicles are more used than petrol vehicles and for many good reasons.

I have been using Diesel engine for almost ten years now. With Diesel engine cars u can go from Lagos to Maiduguri and come back.

I am a car dealer as well and I have had issues selling diesel vehicles as well. Infact I have a car now for almost 7 months not sold largely because many offer very low price and even wish to change the engine after they buy it.

Like I said earlier never let the ignorance of people make u think diesel cars are bad. Never ever.
It's not totally about ignorance.
The quality of diesel being sold here is terrible.
Its the lowest of the low quality leading to constant repairs and frequent downtimes for diesel cars.
Its actually a criminal offence to sell such diesel anywhere in Europe where they usually source it from.
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Sell A Car With Diesel Engine. by paix(m): 2:46pm On Apr 08, 2021
Kewtt:

Count your teeth with your tongue twice and respond again.

Going by the average consumption
VW golf SDI 4.9/100km
Honda Civic 6.6/100km
Both of same year.
At 5000km/month
VW costs of fuel is 55,615 Naira
Honda costs of fuel 53,460 Naira

My Toyota Avensis 2009 is making 9.3 l/100km, which I believe it's on the high side. What must I do to improve on the rate?
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Sell A Car With Diesel Engine. by ksmart027(m): 7:27pm On Apr 08, 2021
paix:
My Toyota Avensis 2009 is making 9.3 l/100km, which I believe it's on the high side. What must I do to improve on the rate?
City or high way, ac or with no ac, with passengers or not?
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Sell A Car With Diesel Engine. by chillex8(m): 7:45pm On Apr 08, 2021
paix:
Very good fuel economy.
With or without ac.
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Sell A Car With Diesel Engine. by paix(m): 8:49pm On Apr 08, 2021
chillex8:

Very good fuel economy.
With or without ac.
With a/c. I was thinking it should be around 8.0 l/100km.
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Sell A Car With Diesel Engine. by chillex8(m): 9:06pm On Apr 08, 2021
paix:
With a/c. I was thinking it should be around 8.0 l/100km.
My brother. It's a 2009 car ooooo...
your mpg is very very good.
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Sell A Car With Diesel Engine. by paix(m): 9:23pm On Apr 08, 2021
chillex8:

My brother. It's a 2009 car ooooo...
your mpg is very very good.
Thanks sir. I was disturbed.
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Sell A Car With Diesel Engine. by paix(m): 9:26pm On Apr 08, 2021
ksmart027:

City or high way, ac or with no ac, with passengers or not?
With a/c, city and passengers.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's The Best Price For A Nigerian Used Honda Accord 2005 Very Clean / The Honda Baby Boy I Saw Yesterday. I Was Amazed. / Did You Know? (Car Facts)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.