Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,267 members, 7,815,444 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff (9239 Views)

Adamawa: DSS To Commence Investigation Over Attack On Staff / Ekweremadu: APC & PDP Unite Against Attack, We All Have A Responsibility / OPC Warns IPOB Against Attack On Yoruba Territory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by Ademola47(m): 9:46am On Mar 19, 2021
Kebbiprince:

What's the essence of using a language your audience don't understand, very useless and worthless

Apologies!!!

I've modified the comment and added the meaning.
Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by edoairways: 10:42am On Mar 19, 2021
zeusdgrt:

Does glo manufacture their brand themselves?yes,do ikeja electric generate power?No.Do glo use allotment from govt for distribution?No.
Thanks
Glo render service and customers pay per usuage. Discos get power from genco hence they pay per usuage (megawatt). Haven't you wonder why each transforma has a metre?
Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by syntekelite(m): 10:59am On Mar 19, 2021
BUSHHUNTER:
The bastards don't go about disconnecting power in north except down south

PS: Have lived considerable amount of years in north to know this! So you can argue with your ancestors.
lol.. there is no nepa in north self, people who havent lived in the north will never understand that the south and the north are two diff countries governed by seperate rules.
it will be well last last..
Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by ikorodureporta: 11:10am On Mar 19, 2021
Useless things.....
despite my end of ikorodu still billed on category D, they still manipulate it to crazy bills
Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by Sola2016: 12:38pm On Mar 19, 2021
Ravon:

https://brandspurng.com/2021/03/18/ikeja-electric-cautions-against-attack-on-staff/
they should talk to their staff on how to relate to customers because 95% of your staffs does not know how to talk.
Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by zeusdgrt(m): 4:15pm On Mar 19, 2021
edoairways:

Glo render service and customers pay per usuage. Discos get power from genco hence they pay per usuage (megawatt). Haven't you wonder why each transforma has a metre?
Glo render service and are in full control of their service and brand.Try and understand
Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by zeusdgrt(m): 4:22pm On Mar 19, 2021
OlujobaSamuel:

I hear you, seems you work for Ikeja disco. Companies an individual can't walk into for meter purchase except we apply through the disco.
I've not seen anyone with sales point address outside their head office for the importers and factory address for manufacturers.
This gadgets are readily available only if it is allowed to be sourced and used by individual customers. It uses some form of IP address for connectivity, so same can be used for the connection when purchased.
Before the private companies were contracted for the sale, discos were the one vested with it but they failed in their responsibility just to reap where they never sowed through estimated billing, or how do you describe raising bills for community without light for a month plus?
The question is why is there no light for that long.
Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by zeusdgrt(m): 4:28pm On Mar 19, 2021
Minjim:

There we go.
Which break down?
Am I on prepaid?
I've booked a prepaid meter a year ago with no luck. Only about houses have prepaid meter on my street even after their officials have accessed our houses. And those people were able to get cos they know ppl.
At Ijegun we go weeks with low current and days without power but we still get the same estimated bills.
If I'm on estimated billing, how we they know I'm not at home?
Because all they do is bring the same 8k-10k monthly whether I'm at home or not. Not to talk of last week that power was off for 5 days.
First question....u booked or paid?
Second question....why the low voltage?
Kindly note that transmission and generation station own by the govt still bill discos irrespective of voltage issue so it has no effect on ur bill,now if ur transformer is bad it doesn't mean govt don't supply to the transformer so they still bill the disco.If u have a tv does turning it off means there's no power? U were the one that switched it off.
Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by OlujobaSamuel: 4:44pm On Mar 19, 2021
zeusdgrt:

The question is why is there no light for that long.
Faulty transformer. All transformer in my area is community effort. Currently, some of us are on light shedding just because the transformers can't serve the load(population), yet the disco has never installed any new transformer in the whole community.
All transformer are sourced or purchased and maintained by individuals/community.
Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by zeusdgrt(m): 4:53pm On Mar 19, 2021
OlujobaSamuel:

Faulty transformer. All transformer in my area is community effort. Currently, some of us are on light shedding just because the transformers can't serve the load(population), yet the disco has never installed any new transformer in the whole community.
All transformer are sourced or purchased and maintained by individuals/community.
The load per transformer is clearly stated before it was installed for every location but due to expansion rate we experience these issues, however there are different arms and department where these issues should be taken to, most times have seen issues that should be addressed to technical for resolution being addressed to another department not mandated for resolution thereby causing the issue to last more longer than it should.We all have our responsibility to report any lapses to the htqrs which will be duly treated also there are nerc platforms too u can still report to.Thanks
Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by edoairways: 5:10pm On Mar 19, 2021
zeusdgrt:

Glo render service and are in full control of their service and brand.Try and understand
Discos buys power from genco so no excuse at all. Infact, they reject load just to maximise profit
Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by OlujobaSamuel: 5:36pm On Mar 19, 2021
zeusdgrt:

The load per transformer is clearly stated before it was installed for every location but due to expansion rate we experience these issues, however there are different arms and department where these issues should be taken to, most times have seen issues that should be addressed to technical for resolution being addressed to another department not mandated for resolution thereby causing the issue to last more longer than it should.We all have our responsibility to report any lapses to the htqrs which will be duly treated also there are nerc platforms too u can still report to.Thanks
Apparently, no plan for load expansion, because if there is, I see no reason why a developing community will not have any new transformer in 5 to 7yrs.
A responsible organisation plan for expansion from time time and implement it in phases.
We don't tell MTN, Glo, Airtel, etc to expand their network installations before they do, so why do we need to go to discos to request for installation of expansion gadgets?
Shedding is being carried out directly by officials from their office, so they should give necessary feedback
Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by Minjim: 6:13pm On Mar 19, 2021
zeusdgrt:

First question....u booked or paid?
Second question....why the low voltage?
Kindly note that transmission and generation station own by the govt still bill discos irrespective of voltage issue so it has no effect on ur bill,now if ur transformer is bad it doesn't mean govt don't supply to the transformer so they still bill the disco.If u have a tv does turning it off means there's no power? U were the one that switched it off.

You are being unintelligently mischievous.
So if I have a tv and it's off, I should be paying for the voltage it'll use if on?

Now, it's my duty and fault if the transformer is faulty, right? I should go repair it. Like we repair Telcos masts all over the place.

One day these corrupt system will come to an abrupt and tragic end, collaborators like you won't be spared

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by Kidgaya: 6:53pm On Mar 19, 2021
The way people are getting angry with PHCN. It’s only a matter of time for things to get out of hand. How can you bring a bill of 80k per month for a flat? The hate for them and their extortion is increasing. It’s only a matter of time before people rise up against them collectively.
Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by zeusdgrt(m): 11:04pm On Mar 19, 2021
Minjim:

You are being unintelligently mischievous.
So if I have a tv and it's off, I should be paying for the voltage it'll use if on?

Now, it's my duty and fault if the transformer is faulty, right? I should go repair it. Like we repair Telcos masts all over the place.

One day these corrupt system will come to an abrupt and tragic end, collaborators like you won't be spared
Sorry I don't attend to insults rather talk intelligence and counter my points,a transformer is given and mapped to a location with a specific voltage to carry,due to expansion of property in the area the voltage is been increased irrespective of the mapped volt it can carry that's why most times ur transformer goes bad then u complain for repairs at intervals but wen it is obvious that an increased voltage mapped transformer is needed procurement process has to take it's due course.It is an organization with rules so it has process....thanks
Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by zeusdgrt(m): 11:05pm On Mar 19, 2021
OlujobaSamuel:

Apparently, no plan for load expansion, because if there is, I see no reason why a developing community will not have any new transformer in 5 to 7yrs.
A responsible organisation plan for expansion from time time and implement it in phases.
We don't tell MTN, Glo, Airtel, etc to expand their network installations before they do, so why do we need to go to discos to request for installation of expansion gadgets?
Shedding is being carried out directly by officials from their office, so they should give necessary feedback
Expansion and growth is a must but there are procurement process to go through,it is an organization and there are rules for replacement.
Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by zeusdgrt(m): 11:16pm On Mar 19, 2021
edoairways:

Discos buys power from genco so no excuse at all. Infact, they reject load just to maximise profit
Sorry do u have evidence of this u speak that they reject load to maximize profit?
Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by edoairways: 11:20pm On Mar 19, 2021
zeusdgrt:

Sorry do u have evidence of this u speak that they reject load to maximize profit?
They reject load. It is a known fact even as NERC had accused them severally.
Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by zeusdgrt(m): 11:50pm On Mar 19, 2021
edoairways:

They reject load. It is a known fact even as NERC had accused them severally.
Even if nerc do accuse do u have evidence or do they have evidence of this?
Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by edoairways: 11:52pm On Mar 19, 2021
zeusdgrt:

Even if nerc do accuse do u have evidence or do they have evidence of this?
NERC has evidence even the discos couldn't deny it.
Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by zeusdgrt(m): 6:42am On Mar 20, 2021
edoairways:

NERC has evidence even the discos couldn't deny it.
Let me categorically tell u is totally a false information,thank you
Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by edoairways: 7:52am On Mar 20, 2021
zeusdgrt:

Let me categorically tell u is totally a false information,thank you
Let me logically tell you it is true because am an insider. We know how they run things
Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by OlujobaSamuel: 8:24am On Mar 20, 2021
zeusdgrt:

Expansion and growth is a must but there are procurement process to go through,it is an organization and there are rules for replacement.
You are only defending what is indefensible just because you got your pay through it.
Any transformer subject to load shedding obviously need a replacement with higher capacity or additional ones. Any procurement process that doesn't make provision for efficient acquisition and installation of expansion gadgets for a technological company is faulty.
Are other companies carrying out technical expansion not having procurement process?
Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by zeusdgrt(m): 9:33am On Mar 20, 2021
OlujobaSamuel:

You are only defending what is indefensible just because you got your pay through it.
Any transformer subject to load shedding obviously need a replacement with higher capacity or additional ones. Any procurement process that doesn't make provision for efficient acquisition and installation of expansion gadgets for a technological company is faulty.
Are other companies carrying out technical expansion not having procurement process?
So technical expansion don't have financial revenue checks? procurement cost, installation visibility study, background cause checks,tests, logistics,approval,try and see facts of the biz now a private entity not NEPA anymore.

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by zeusdgrt(m): 9:35am On Mar 20, 2021
edoairways:

Let me logically tell you it is true because am an insider. We know how they run things
If u are an insider then I will say with all honesty is false cz whatever you are saying are mere accusations without evidence of such act.thanks
Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by OlujobaSamuel: 10:21am On Mar 20, 2021
zeusdgrt:

So technical expansion don't have financial revenue checks? procurement cost, installation visibility study, background cause checks,tests, logistics,approval,try and see facts of the biz now a private entity not NEPA anymore.
What is the justification here? Imagine a rapidly developing area as big as Obalende not having any transformer ever installed by the disco and you are justifying it.
All transformers were installed through community effort.
We have telecommunication mast been installed in different strategic locations from time to time in accordance with the population expansion, there is also fibre optic cable installation.
You are defending what is not logical in anyway.
Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by edoairways: 10:41am On Mar 20, 2021
zeusdgrt:

If u are an insider then I will say with all honesty is false cz whatever you are saying are mere accusations without evidence of such act.thanks
The fact and accusation from NERC is enough prove. The reality is reduction in supply to many Nigerians. A good example is Benin Electricity Company reducing power supply in their zone. Those in Benin city, Delta and Ondo can attest to this fact
Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by zeusdgrt(m): 12:13pm On Mar 20, 2021
edoairways:

The fact and accusation from NERC is enough prove. The reality is reduction in supply to many Nigerians. A good example is Benin Electricity Company reducing power supply in their zone. Those in Benin city, Delta and Ondo can attest to this fact
Accusations with no evidence is not valid.
Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by zeusdgrt(m): 12:17pm On Mar 20, 2021
OlujobaSamuel:

What is the justification here? Imagine a rapidly developing area as big as Obalende not having any transformer ever installed by the disco and you are justifying it.
All transformers were installed through community effort.
We have telecommunication mast been installed in different strategic locations from time to time in accordance with the population expansion, there is also fibre optic cable installation.
You are defending what is not logical in anyway.
Telecom companies are in total control of their brand and service unlike the discos who depend on govt for their brand, telecom companies are liable to govt tru only tax,discos are liable to govt not only through tax but the govt are stakeholders with power to revoke at anytime when deemed so it can't be the same
Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by edoairways: 12:26pm On Mar 20, 2021
zeusdgrt:

Accusations with no evidence is not valid.
The evidence are there Mr. Google the issue I raised
Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by zeusdgrt(m): 3:03pm On Mar 20, 2021
edoairways:

The evidence are there Mr. Google the issue I raised
Google?....if NERC have such they will summon the disco involved so ur accusations are not valid.thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Election Campaigns: INEC Lists Guidelines For Conduct Of Rallies / Court Of Appeal Dismisses Jandor's Case Against Sanwo-Olu / World War 3 Activated Armenia Vs Azerbaijan Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.