Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,226 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff (9237 Views)

Adamawa: DSS To Commence Investigation Over Attack On Staff / Ekweremadu: APC & PDP Unite Against Attack, We All Have A Responsibility / OPC Warns IPOB Against Attack On Yoruba Territory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by Ravon: 10:27pm On Mar 18, 2021
Ikeja Electric will continue to condemn attacks on its employees in strong terms. While we understand that sentiments regarding utility services can be quite emotive, we maintain that wanton attacks on our staff are completely irrational, irresponsible and unproductive, especially where Ikeja Electric has provided multiple channels through which our customers can lodge formal complaints with respect to our services.

Where responses from these channels are deemed unsatisfactory, the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission has also set up a robust forum office for the redress of customer complaints.

In the interest of the safety of our employees and for a harmonious relationship with our customers, Ikeja Electric will continue the deliberate engagement of all stakeholders in flashpoint areas to find ways to amicably resolve all pertinent issues of concern to its customers and communities.

However, where these attacks persist, Ikeja Electric Plc, in line with her obligation to provide service under a conducive atmosphere to its customers, will as a matter of course, continue to escalate such matters to law enforcement agencies and will promptly withdraw its services from communities and customers that prove too hostile to operate in.

We wish to therefore urge all stakeholders, community leaders, leaders of youth groups and all persons of interest to remain mindful of these matters and adopt a more civil approach to engagements as all parties are deserving of reciprocal respect and regard as espoused by all laws.

While there may be concerns and disputes arising from time to time, we remain committed to finding long-lasting peaceful resolutions in the equitable interests of all parties.
https://brandspurng.com/2021/03/18/ikeja-electric-cautions-against-attack-on-staff/

4 Likes

Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by Ademola47(m): 10:34pm On Mar 18, 2021
I don't support physical assault on their workers. After all, they are some people's husband, father, son, or even the breadwinner of their family.

But a Yoruba adage says "To ba ran ni ni ise eru, a fi tomo je ni". [Which roughly means -If one is given assignment as a slave, one should execute it like a child]
They should thread carefully. Everyone is angry these days.

Meanwhile, I'm FTC for the first time on Nairaland grin

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by Lanretoye(m): 12:03am On Mar 19, 2021
Una crazy bills self too crazy fa,electricity bills nowadays self pass house rent...e choke.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by Daddysidhan: 2:16am On Mar 19, 2021
If me self see ibedc staff for Sango I go join beat, the big they brought this month can cause high blood pressure.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by optionalY09: 2:36am On Mar 19, 2021
They should stop trespassing on peoples properties if a property or individual is owing send a bill, if they are owing too much shut the line, if you want to collect what they are owing by force, charge them to court by simply serving a court notice.

If the customer can prove that they didn’t receive service for what the electric company is asking for money for then the electric company owe a damage to the defender.

Simple justice.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by Zagadonchairman(m): 4:41am On Mar 19, 2021
M
Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by JuanJO(m): 4:43am On Mar 19, 2021
In a sane country you can't be giving people estimated bills to pay.
Their was a country called Nigeria.

I remember when we dey small. Nepa officials will be moving house to house checking meters and after a period of time nepa bills will start coming.
This days the only NEPA official na the one wey dey bring estimated bills, another set wey you go see na once we go come cut your wire if you no pay. If you still find them something. They will not cut your light for that month.
Na so we take they get light that year. Until our bill reach 200k. Omo landlord enter country that year come vex give all tenant. grin grin grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by BUSHHUNTER: 4:43am On Mar 19, 2021
The bastards don't go about disconnecting power in north except down south

PS: Have lived considerable amount of years in north to know this! So you can argue with your ancestors.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by b0rn2fuck(m): 4:44am On Mar 19, 2021
Mumu people, the world already advance ,what happened to prepaid meter , abi na so them dey carry ladder for uk or america una wey una don go obodo oyinbo as we
weyy never reach airport, maybe oyinbo self dey carry ladder up and down they commot light

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:45am On Mar 19, 2021
Do all you can to give the people what they want.
And this will never happen anymore.

Meanwhile,
OBJ and Atiku....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by tillaman(m): 4:52am On Mar 19, 2021
What kind of misguided dingbats/douchebags moves around with Ladder to climb pole and disconnect wire
Some of them can go as far as carting away with the wire
Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by dayleke: 4:52am On Mar 19, 2021
Awon onise ina.....

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by libertyfather(m): 4:53am On Mar 19, 2021
Lanretoye:
Una crazy bills self too crazy fa,electricity bills nowadays self pass house rent...e choke.

As I'm ehnn shocking pass attackin dem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by eMJPossibility(m): 4:53am On Mar 19, 2021
whoever say this is a fool in the statement I can perceive threat that you'll withdraw who that one help
nigeria and threat are like 5 n 6

Call me to order If I'm not making sense Thank you
Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by OlujobaSamuel: 4:58am On Mar 19, 2021
If all houses or individual willing to pay for prepaid got it at the right time, this violence against the staff would have reduced or stopped.
Paid for prepaid for 2 different houses since last year Dec, we are still waiting for its arrival.
There was a time the community had no light for more than a year, they continue to raise utility bill for all houses, when the light was restored and bill started coming in, we all noticed we have about 100k plus of debt to pay(except new houses not in existence before the light out), they claim they will resolve it and clear the debt, nothing was done on it since the past 10yrs. If you try to clear the debt by paying more than the current monthly charge, they will just increase your bill and you will be surprised how there is such discrepancy between you and your next door neighbour that consumes more power supply than you.
Now whenever they come for disconnection, they will want to use that as an excuse to cut off the wire.
Another thing I noticed, if you are the type that frequently pay without bribing them, the day you default, they will disconnect without blinking, yet will leave those that do not even pay anything, they just give them tips and they are let go. Such increases emotion.
Your staff in most cases also feels like they can beat up everyone by squaring up for a fight whenever there is confrontation with a youth of a community.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:07am On Mar 19, 2021
Nonsense post. Instead of them to talk about charge reduction, they are sending a threatening message. Yet they calmly wrote something like

''in the interest of the safety of our employees and for a harmonious relationship with our customers, Ikeja Electric will continue the deliberate engagement of all stakeholders in flashpoint areas to find ways to amicably resolve all pertinent issues of concern to its customers and communities''
If they indeed care about the safety of their employees they wont be sending them to apartments they dole crazy bills to.

Dont they know that things are hard in this country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by zeusdgrt(m): 5:38am On Mar 19, 2021
There's no need to attack staffs if u feel pained attack the govt cz IKEJA electric only distributes power and don't generate,so govt are the ones increasing ur bill not ikedc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by aycorporat(m): 5:39am On Mar 19, 2021
I am tempted to say nice one for the beatings of your staff.
In my area at Onosa Ibeju Lekki, we've not had light for almost four weeks and I was surprised when an estimated bill running into almost 50k was brought. The prepaid meter applied for since last year has not been delivered.
Their staff also go about as if they are Demi gods that can't be touched.
People are angry at this time o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by zeusdgrt(m): 5:41am On Mar 19, 2021
TOPCRUISE:
Nonsense post. Instead of them to talk about charge reduction, they are sending a threatening message. I read them writing calm messages like
''in the interest of the safety of our employees and for a harmonious relationship with our customers, Ikeja Electric will continue the deliberate engagement of all stakeholders in flashpoint areas to find ways to amicably resolve all pertinent issues of concern to its customers and communities''
If they indeed care about the safety of their employees they wont be sending them to apartments they dole crazy bills to

Dont they know that things are hard in this country
Hold ur govt, they are the ones increasing ur tariff.Is the same as fuel to filling station,if govt increases they will increase cz they buy the energy from govt.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by zeusdgrt(m): 5:43am On Mar 19, 2021
OlujobaSamuel:
If all houses or individual willing to pay for prepaid got it at the right time, this violence against the staff would have reduced or stopped.
Paid for prepaid for 2 different houses since last year Dec, we are still waiting for its arrival.
There was a time the community had no light for more than a year, they continue to raise utility bill for all houses, when the light was restored and bill started coming in, we all noticed we have about 100k plus of debt to pay(except new houses not in existence before the light out), they claim they will resolve it and clear the debt, nothing was done on it since the past 10yrs. If you try to clear the debt by paying more than the current monthly charge, they will just increase your bill and you will be surprised how there is such discrepancy between you and your next door neighbour that consumes more power supply than you.
Now whenever they come for disconnection, they will want to use that as an excuse to cut off the wire.
Another thing I noticed, if you are the type that frequently pay without bribing them, the day you default, they will disconnect without blinking, yet will leave those that do not even pay anything, they just give them tips and they are let go. Such increases emotion.
Your staff in most cases also feels like they can beat up everyone by squaring up for a fight whenever there is confrontation with a youth of a community.
That's cz govt made it their duty to give free meters and haven't disbursed cash for it,do note ikeja electric don't sell meters neither do they have.Contract companies do this.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by adebayo201: 5:44am On Mar 19, 2021
Ikeja Electric will continue to condemn attacks on its employees in strong terms. While we understand that sentiments regarding utility services can be quite emotive, we maintain that wanton attacks on our staff are completely irrational, irresponsible and unproductive, especially where Ikeja Electric has provided multiple channels through which our customers can lodge formal complaints with respect to our services.

They know that their services is substandard and they know people will most like react.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by zeusdgrt(m): 5:45am On Mar 19, 2021
Lanretoye:
Hold ur govt
Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by zeusdgrt(m): 5:46am On Mar 19, 2021
adebayo201:

They know that their services is substandard and they know people will most like react.
Information is knowledge,the govt is responsible for most issues with electricity
Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by Minjim: 5:47am On Mar 19, 2021
zeusdgrt:

Hold ur govt, they are the ones increasing ur tariff.Is the same as fuel to filling station,if govt increases they will increase cz they buy the energy from govt.

People are complaining about arbitrary billing and estimated billing.
Someone travelled for months and he got billed. Is that the govt?
Discos will only pay for power they collected from govt. The excess is theirs
Why are some of us paying for power we didn't use?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by TitanzStudio(m): 5:47am On Mar 19, 2021
ok we moveee
Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by adebayo201: 5:47am On Mar 19, 2021
zeusdgrt:

Information is knowledge,the govt is responsible for most issues with electricity

Keep your information and I will keep my knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by OlujobaSamuel: 5:52am On Mar 19, 2021
zeusdgrt:

That's cz govt made it their duty to give free meters and haven't disbursed cash for it,do note ikeja electric don't sell meters neither do they have.Contract companies do this.
The contract company works with them and the govt, so they should sort their lapses and stop pushing it to us.
They should allow us buy in the open market and register our account details on it just like the way we use phone

4 Likes

Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by Ghostmode2two(m): 6:13am On Mar 19, 2021
Useless liars all they know is to give estimated bills, they won't read meter. They assumed every post paid meter is bad. What country are we ? Provide post paid is war, these people allocate your slot of prepaid meter to others when they know that you always pay your bill. When they come for disconnection they will almost fall your gate down with their embarrassing knocks on the gate. IKEDC. What rubbish is this for God sake?

2 Likes

Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by gbadexy(m): 6:14am On Mar 19, 2021
I paid for prepaid since may last year and they sent me online receipt only not to acknowledge it and claim I have to pay a difference of 10k since there was increase in the cost.
Now give me account to pay the difference since last year they refused despite several complaints both at their office and through online customer care with various tracking order.
I wrote them letter to stop billing me and disconnect immediately they refused even though I already use alternative source but they keep bringing bills equal to salary every month while adding 10k extra each month.
It has never been this bad before. It's like they know nobody is really in charge any longer and they can do as they wish without consequences.
Ikeja electric is the worst in terms of extortion. Even the mojec guys that came to the vicinity testified.

4 Likes

Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by abumeinben(m): 6:18am On Mar 19, 2021
Daddysidhan:
If me self see ibedc staff for Sango I go join beat, the big they brought this month can cause high blood pressure.
Why you nor collect meter?
Re: Ikeja Electric Cautions Against Attack On Staff by Franchise21(m): 6:26am On Mar 19, 2021
OK

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kaduna Lifts Telecoms Ban / AMCON Will Publish The Names Of 7,912 Debtors / The N1.3bn Mortgage Loan For Civil Servants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.