Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,732 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

The Original Name Of Port Harcourt Is Obomotu - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Original Name Of Port Harcourt Is Obomotu (2331 Views)

What Is The Original Name Of Africa / What Were The Original Food Crops In Africa / The Original History Of Arochukwu... From The Exact Source (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Original Name Of Port Harcourt Is Obomotu by Heartbender: 11:17pm On Mar 21, 2021
Lol...there stages to grief. You have reached the stage of despair grin
Fejoku:

Beg? Is Ikwerre language not a member of the Igbo language? Ikwerres are Igbos culturally and would remain so unless they forsake the language and culture. Politically they can reject going with other Igbos which is what I meant. You can encourage them to do so thereafter you can mussle PH away from them.
Meanwhile, all historical records put the original Okrika land in Okrika Island. All those land fills your governors of old did to bring them to the mainland are well known. History is very beautiful as it exposes greedy people. At the right time, historical records will be presented at the courts for judgement and shaming the criminals.
This is a small case na. Igbo no be your mate.
Re: The Original Name Of Port Harcourt Is Obomotu by Heartbender: 11:21am On Mar 22, 2021
grin grin grin grin typical. When they can't think for themselves they begin to rigmarole. If you have loads of evidence bring it up. What are you scared of? I've even directed you to where you can begin your research. I don't think educating a lame brain is worth the lecture but the world now knows the truth. You live in a world of easy access to information. Google Obomotu. Google Ikwerre Ngwo, Google Abuloma, Okrika, Rebisi...you won't because the lie is always half way around the world before the truth gets its boots on
Fejoku:

I wrote your demented conjectures and found them so amusing. You can rewrite the historical origin of the Ikwerres and the Etches and other Igbos groups of Rivers State who politically dissociate themselves from the rest of the Igbo nation. If they buy into it, good for you but if they reject it then the shame will go to you and you will be the one on the defense. For every greedy land grab you do, you're opening up your own land for the take.
You're too dull to have put up that funny write up there. I've loads of information to smash you to pieces on that criminal claim of yours. Information even from your fellow tribes man. Better go back to your creeks in peace or seek mutual accommodation while the door is still open. I'm done responding to you. Get someone smarter than you then we can continue our chats.

Re: The Original Name Of Port Harcourt Is Obomotu by Christistruth00: 6:30pm On Mar 22, 2021
Heartbender:
Just as Ejigbo in Lagos and Chukuku in FCT are Igbo communities...werei

It was Oyingbo in Lagos they tried to Claim but one Lagos indigene panel beat their brains into reset mode and let them know it was not an Old Igbo settlement but was derived from the word Eyin Igbo ( Behind the bush).

1 Like

Re: The Original Name Of Port Harcourt Is Obomotu by Christistruth00: 10:37pm On Mar 22, 2021
Heartbender:
grin grin grin grin typical. When they can't think for themselves they begin to rigmarole. If you have loads of evidence bring it up. What are you scared of? I've even directed you to where you can begin your research. I don't think educating a lame brain is worth the lecture but the world now knows the truth. You live in a world of easy access to information. Google Obomotu. Google Ikwerre Ngwo, Google Abuloma, Okrika, Rebisi...you won't because the lie is always half way around the world before the truth gets its boots on

But there is a Yoruba Proverb

‘ Even if lies and falsehood run a twenty year Marathon it will only take Truth one day to catch up with it’
Re: The Original Name Of Port Harcourt Is Obomotu by PHijo(m): 2:57am On Mar 23, 2021
Fejoku:

Where's the writing that calls PH an Ijaw city? You guys will not mind yourselves now. The closest Ijaws to PH is the Okrika Ijaws and the original land is on the Okrika Island. The only way PH becomes non-Igbo is Ikwerres becoming non-Igbo. So you can encourage them to deny being Igbos. But as long as they're Igbos, PH is an Igbo city. The Ogonis equally have a share in today's PH due to expansion.
You Ijaws should not make Igbos your enemies. You will lose more from it.

You Igbos already made us your enemies since 1967.

Nobody will rape and kill the civilian population of people he/she sees as 'friends'.

2 Likes

Re: The Original Name Of Port Harcourt Is Obomotu by Fejoku: 2:18pm On Mar 23, 2021
PHijo:

You Igbos already made us your enemies since 1967.

Nobody will rape and kill the civilian population of people he/she sees as 'friends'.
Biafran soldiers disciplined those they felt sold out to the struggle as confirmed by your own people who begged the souls of their own brothers(ijaws in Biafran army) for forgiveness. You remember that video you uplaoded.
Your hate is unjustified.
Anyway, as long as you continue to see Igbos as enemies, the status quo will remain and you know those who are suffering it the worst. Your eyes will open when the oil finishes leaving your land heavily polluted and with nothing to fall back on. That time you'll realize the foolishness of spending over a century hating on Igbos while distant invaders rob you dirty. I guess your grandkids will applaud you for doing well.

3 Likes

Re: The Original Name Of Port Harcourt Is Obomotu by Heartbender: 10:20pm On Mar 23, 2021
grin grin grin is that the false narrative they sold to you? The moment the South left Igbos, the war ended. Think on that before you exaggerate tales
Fejoku:

Biafran soldiers disciplined those they felt sold out to the struggle as confirmed by your own people who begged the souls of their own brothers(ijaws in Biafran army) for forgiveness. You remember that video you uplaoded.
Your hate is unjustified.
Anyway, as long as you continue to see Igbos as enemies, the status quo will remain and you know those who are suffering it the worst. Your eyes will open when the oil finishes leaving your land heavily polluted and with nothing to fall back on. That time you'll realize the foolishness of spending over a century hating on Igbos while distant invaders rob you dirty. I guess your grandkids will applaud you for doing well.
Re: The Original Name Of Port Harcourt Is Obomotu by Fejoku: 9:17am On Mar 24, 2021
Heartbender:
grin grin grin is that the false narrative they sold to you? The moment the South left Igbos, the war ended. Think on that before you exaggerate tales
Ok. After the war ended and Igbos lost out, did your people benefit from it? Just know it that anyone who dislikes Igbos will never like you either. Why should they like you? What can keeping you alive benefit them? Your failure to see things up to this extent shows how shallow you are. You see worse comes to worse, Igbos will gladly leave you behind in Nigeria so you can face them alone let's see what becomes of your people. It's only then that you will realize your folly. Learn from the middlebelt, their lands are being forcefully taken over by the fulani terrorists and their efforts alone has not been able to stop it. This is the my last response to you. We shall fight till our land is free. Ijaws are not our enemies despite our disagreements on certain issues.

1 Like

Re: The Original Name Of Port Harcourt Is Obomotu by PHijo(m): 4:45pm On Mar 24, 2021
Fejoku:

Beg? Is Ikwerre language not a member of the Igbo language? Ikwerres are Igbos culturally and would remain so unless they forsake the language and culture. Politically they can reject going with other Igbos which is what I meant. You can encourage them to do so thereafter you can mussle PH away from them.
Meanwhile, all historical records put the original Okrika land in Okrika Island. All those land fills your governors of old did to bring them to the mainland are well known. History is very beautiful as it exposes greedy people. At the right time, historical records will be presented at the courts for judgement and shaming the criminals.
This is a small case na. Igbo no be your mate.

Yes, we no be una mate!
Asari already told you what you are to us. Whether in court or on the streets we ready for una, una go sabi say khaki no be leather.

Even if frog dey inside water e no fit be fish.

1 Like

Re: The Original Name Of Port Harcourt Is Obomotu by Heartbender: 11:14pm On Mar 24, 2021
Benefit from what? The South has grown silently. We have all the basic amenities. We have the manpower. We have the land mass. We have institutions and structures. Our least performing governor is better than the best in the east. There is no basis for comparison
Fejoku:

Ok. After the war ended and Igbos lost out, did your people benefit from it? Just know it that anyone who dislikes Igbos will never like you either. Why should they like you? What can keeping you alive benefit them? Your failure to see things up to this extent shows how shallow you are. You see worse comes to worse, Igbos will gladly leave you behind in Nigeria so you can face them alone let's see what becomes of your people. It's only then that you will realize your folly. Learn from the middlebelt, their lands are being forcefully taken over by the fulani terrorists and their efforts alone has not been able to stop it. This is the my last response to you. We shall fight till our land is free. Ijaws are not our enemies despite our disagreements on certain issues.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wedding Memory / The 3 Major Senegambian Languages / Why A King's Wife Is The Queen, But A Queen's Husband Isn't The King?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.