Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:50 AM

Dino Melaye: $1.5Billion To Renovate Port-Hacourt Refinery Is Embalming The Dead - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dino Melaye: $1.5Billion To Renovate Port-Hacourt Refinery Is Embalming The Dead (13206 Views)

Reno Omokri: Why Dangote Refinery Is Buying Crude Oil From The US / #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch / Sanwo-Olu Visits Helicopter's Crash Site, Promise To Renovate Buildings (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dino Melaye: $1.5Billion To Renovate Port-Hacourt Refinery Is Embalming The Dead by SarkinYarki: 11:33am On Mar 19, 2021
Money that will be completely stolen
Re: Dino Melaye: $1.5Billion To Renovate Port-Hacourt Refinery Is Embalming The Dead by Nobody: 11:34am On Mar 19, 2021
The way Buhari handled the affair of this nation is embarrassing. I dont understand how he became a general in the Nigerian army. I mean, it is obvious this man has nothing but "pounded eba" in his head. Nothing but eba in his head. Dullard. I'm so angry. I felt he was going to fight corruption, but he is corruption himself.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: $1.5Billion To Renovate Port-Hacourt Refinery Is Embalming The Dead by Neobulletzz(m): 11:36am On Mar 19, 2021
onuman:

Wrong.

It shouldn’t be fixed is what Dino meant.

Embalming the dead, is it waking the dead?

Dino was right.
Nigeria earned close to a trillion dollars from crude oil but still thinks of refineries built nearly half a century ago.

A FAILED STATE.
Ohhhh alright
I didn’t listen to the video, thought the guy was like asking a question?
Re: Dino Melaye: $1.5Billion To Renovate Port-Hacourt Refinery Is Embalming The Dead by ofwest47(m): 11:48am On Mar 19, 2021
Dino omokomo_ no wife no children but you are maintaining super house and super cars after super looting.
Re: Dino Melaye: $1.5Billion To Renovate Port-Hacourt Refinery Is Embalming The Dead by Teejay13(m): 11:49am On Mar 19, 2021
Lol

Re: Dino Melaye: $1.5Billion To Renovate Port-Hacourt Refinery Is Embalming The Dead by purplekayc(m): 11:51am On Mar 19, 2021
angry
Re: Dino Melaye: $1.5Billion To Renovate Port-Hacourt Refinery Is Embalming The Dead by Posh2018: 12:08pm On Mar 19, 2021
Asgard13:

Do you know how much is 1.5 billion dollars?

Dangote is building one from scratch...

Apc is evil..

The most corrupt government in Nigeria history
Even the military never looted like this.

Walahi truly buhari is right abacha no steal ..
Apc is corrupt..

FVVCK Buharis integrity

How muchis Dangote refinery cost is $9b
Re: Dino Melaye: $1.5Billion To Renovate Port-Hacourt Refinery Is Embalming The Dead by gideonvalor98(m): 12:12pm On Mar 19, 2021
Asgard13:

Apc is evil..

Apc is corrupt..

FVVCK Buharis integrity

How much is the cost of dangote refinery?
Re: Dino Melaye: $1.5Billion To Renovate Port-Hacourt Refinery Is Embalming The Dead by tunddy(m): 12:14pm On Mar 19, 2021
shocked

We have smart duplexes forsale in Lagos and outside lagos; 4 bed room semi detached duplexes, hotels,
Bungalow,blocks of flats, lands ; we also have properties for a long term lease; ware house,hotels;
Properties for letting; 3 bed room flat,2 bed room flat, mini flat, room self for an affordable price.

Check my signature for more information
Call/Whatsapp: 0*8*1*3*2*2*8*5*2*3*3
Note: Remove * from the number

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpwMwtNVOdI
Re: Dino Melaye: $1.5Billion To Renovate Port-Hacourt Refinery Is Embalming The Dead by omohayek: 12:18pm On Mar 19, 2021
They say even a broken clock is right twice a day - Dino Melaye is himself a corrupt buffoon, but on this matter he is correct. This has to be the third or fourth time since Buhari came to power that money has been allocated for so-called "turn around maintenance", and each time we've heard promises that it would be the final time! And this ignores the fact that the price-controls on refined petrol guarantee that even a fully-working refinery won't be able to cover its costs.

To squander $1.5 billion on an obsolete, economically unviable refinery, even as we are borrowing vast sums from China, is the height of madness, and the only possible motivation is to provide an avenue for looting on a grand scale.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye: $1.5Billion To Renovate Port-Hacourt Refinery Is Embalming The Dead by yaki84: 12:19pm On Mar 19, 2021
Subsidybad21:

No one will buy a liability.

Plus why sell a refinery to an investor and then when he refines fuel, you prevent him from making a profit by subsidising fuel? How would the investor make a profit to maintain the refinery
First the refinery can be sold as scraps to people.
Second there is no law that says therefinery will only sell its refined products in Nigeria only.
Dangote refinery will not just feed the country but also export most of its products out of the country.
Re: Dino Melaye: $1.5Billion To Renovate Port-Hacourt Refinery Is Embalming The Dead by yaki84: 12:23pm On Mar 19, 2021
Subsidybad21:

Investors would come if government deregulates the downstream
How many times govt will deregulate the sector, or don't they know the meaning of what they keep saying..
Re: Dino Melaye: $1.5Billion To Renovate Port-Hacourt Refinery Is Embalming The Dead by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 12:28pm On Mar 19, 2021
Hahahahahahaha
Obviously.
That refinery chop pass subsidy
Re: Dino Melaye: $1.5Billion To Renovate Port-Hacourt Refinery Is Embalming The Dead by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 19, 2021
yaki84:

How many times govt will deregulate the sector, or don't they know the meaning of what they keep saying..

They don't, more's the pity
Re: Dino Melaye: $1.5Billion To Renovate Port-Hacourt Refinery Is Embalming The Dead by yaki84: 12:45pm On Mar 19, 2021
Subsidybad21:

They don't, more's the pity
I think u need to know ur country well.
Try and get a transistor radio so u will know what's happening here.
Re: Dino Melaye: $1.5Billion To Renovate Port-Hacourt Refinery Is Embalming The Dead by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 19, 2021
yaki84:

I think u need to know ur country well.
Try and get a transistor radio so u will know what's happening here.

I do know my country

Plus there cannot be deregulation without government stopping price control of fuel
Re: Dino Melaye: $1.5Billion To Renovate Port-Hacourt Refinery Is Embalming The Dead by yaki84: 12:56pm On Mar 19, 2021
Subsidybad21:

I do know my country

Plus there cannot be deregulation without government stopping price control of fuel
What do u understand by deregulation?
In 2016 when fuel price moved from 87-145 what did they say did?
Was it not deregulation?
Re: Dino Melaye: $1.5Billion To Renovate Port-Hacourt Refinery Is Embalming The Dead by jaxxy(m): 1:01pm On Mar 19, 2021
I agree unless they can explain with money back guarantee what the improvements and range of use and capacity will be.
Re: Dino Melaye: $1.5Billion To Renovate Port-Hacourt Refinery Is Embalming The Dead by Nobody: 1:07pm On Mar 19, 2021
yaki84:

What do u understand by deregulation?
In 2016 when fuel price moved from 87-145 what did they say did?
Was it not deregulation?

Again deregulation means that government does not set the price of fuel at all, stops paying a subsidy to cover the losses made by marketers in selling fuel below the importation price, and allows marketers, importers and eventually refiners of fuel to set the price, not the PPRA.

What happened in 2015 was simple. Government reduced the amount of money it spent subsidizing fuel, which manifested as a price increase. The subsidy never ever went away, and infact increased in amount eventually.

If Buhari removed subsidy really in 2015....fuel would be costing N300 and above by now.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: $1.5Billion To Renovate Port-Hacourt Refinery Is Embalming The Dead by Zaggafrank: 1:22pm On Mar 19, 2021
What does this one even know? Ibe Kachikwu brought up a scheme to have it fixed, you were the one used by Saraki to raise the issue on the senate floor and ended up sabotaging the deal. So, shut up

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: $1.5Billion To Renovate Port-Hacourt Refinery Is Embalming The Dead by IvarDboneless: 1:27pm On Mar 19, 2021
I give up
Re: Dino Melaye: $1.5Billion To Renovate Port-Hacourt Refinery Is Embalming The Dead by E2000: 1:29pm On Mar 19, 2021
Why not sell the dead refinery. It's not like you will make loses because you will make some money from it sales and taxes and some other incentives.
Re: Dino Melaye: $1.5Billion To Renovate Port-Hacourt Refinery Is Embalming The Dead by galaxy2020(m): 1:30pm On Mar 19, 2021
frankmoney:
So it shouldn't be fixed ?
...add another billion, you can get a new 100,000 barrel pd refinery. They just want to syphon monies.
Re: Dino Melaye: $1.5Billion To Renovate Port-Hacourt Refinery Is Embalming The Dead by Nobody: 2:00pm On Mar 19, 2021
The corrupt incompetent dullard is a bigger crook than Abacha.

Re: Dino Melaye: $1.5Billion To Renovate Port-Hacourt Refinery Is Embalming The Dead by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 19, 2021
Asgard13:

Apc is evil..

Apc is corrupt..

FVVCK Buharis integrity
The incompetent corrupt dullard is trying to surpass Abacha. I hope the next government is ready to recover the Buhari loot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye: $1.5Billion To Renovate Port-Hacourt Refinery Is Embalming The Dead by RobbStark(m): 3:05pm On Mar 19, 2021
Cheapgadget:
I hail oO Investor Dino but I suggest they build a new refinery if they are even serious
The old one has turn a hub for snakes and rats even for cheap weed smokers grin

Build which another refinery that will take forever to complete.

This govt is not and has never been serious about anything
Re: Dino Melaye: $1.5Billion To Renovate Port-Hacourt Refinery Is Embalming The Dead by Ayobami1033(m): 4:01pm On Mar 19, 2021
can't stop laughing here...naigher
Re: Dino Melaye: $1.5Billion To Renovate Port-Hacourt Refinery Is Embalming The Dead by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 19, 2021
ikorodureporta:
thieves... when dangote refinery wl be running before they even fix it to 20%

Just listen to yourself, why must we wait for a govt crony to build a refinery? Do you think 1 refinery can sustain the country?

Why were licenses not given to other Nigerians to build refineries, even modular ones?

Last thing we need is another monopoly on refinery, see what happened to cement.

A monopolist is not interested in service delivery but exploitation of the masses.
Re: Dino Melaye: $1.5Billion To Renovate Port-Hacourt Refinery Is Embalming The Dead by naijadrivablog: 8:58pm On Mar 19, 2021
Nigerians will soon apologize to Good luck Jonathan.
Re: Dino Melaye: $1.5Billion To Renovate Port-Hacourt Refinery Is Embalming The Dead by Ikinternational: 9:29pm On Mar 19, 2021
NwaNimo1:
[img]https://media./images/eaded1e027943854c55d46eb9fc1acad/tenor.gif[/img]

Are you telling me Tinubu is a guy man like this
You don't mean it

Only a pure guy man can hit those steps so perfectly
Re: Dino Melaye: $1.5Billion To Renovate Port-Hacourt Refinery Is Embalming The Dead by yaki84: 10:29pm On Mar 19, 2021
Subsidybad21:

Again deregulation means that government does not set the price of fuel at all, stops paying a subsidy to cover the losses made by marketers in selling fuel below the importation price, and allows marketers, importers and eventually refiners of fuel to set the price, not the PPRA.

What happened in 2015 was simple. Government reduced the amount of money it spent subsidizing fuel, which manifested as a price increase. The subsidy never ever went away, and infact increased in amount eventually.

If Buhari removed subsidy really in 2015....fuel would be costing N300 and above by now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

INEC Votes N3bn To Fight Electoral Cases / Nigeria, India Sign Mou To ‘block Pipeline Of Illicit Drug Flow’ / APC Dissolves Rivers State Executives - Appoints 7-member Caretaker Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.