Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Tinubu Is A Traitor To The Yoruba Cause - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Is A Traitor To The Yoruba Cause (1757 Views)

Amaechi Will Be Treated Like A Traitor – Dokubo-Asari / Mimiko Is A Traitor & Betrayer - Tinubu / Is Obj A Usurper (of Yoruba Opportunity) And A Traitor (to The Igbo)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Is A Traitor To The Yoruba Cause by experts: 5:42pm On Apr 14, 2011
Tinubu is a Traitor to the Yoruba cause PDF Print E-mail
Written by Rotimi Fashakin
Thursday, 14 April 2011 08:08
0diggsdigg

vote
nowBuzz up!
4Share
Bola Tinubu
The unfortunate thing is we do not do 'validity' test on the people we want to give our trust. For instance the man that is at the apogee of Nigeria's judiciary was once a classmate of GMB at a military academy in UK. He was expelled and deported back to Nigeria for cheating on an exercise. He later read law and now, at the head of the judiciary. So we see why our courts have become citadels of institutionalized corruption.
The same with BAT(bola ahmed tinubu). After the military govt of Gen Sani Abacha sacked the short-lived 3rd republic, he wanted to be the deputy gov in lagos state.
Later when that was not to be, he pruned down his ambition to being a commissioner. When that was aborted, he teamed up with NADECO! Only God knows how many trips he made to the ikoyi crescent residence of the nation's no2 in those heady days.
While abroad, those that were familiar with him, knew that he was tending his gas station business in America and not any NADECO cause.
Now the shallow, self-seeking politics is at play here again. Who is bearing the brunt, the YORUBA NATION.
A Man, whose ancestry and connection to Lagos is in doubt, has undoubtedly used lagos as the spring board for his launch to prominence. Not a problem at all, because I believe it is part of National integration for anyone to be allowed to contest for political office in any place he has chosen to live within the nation.
Nonetheles, what is abominable is using subterfuge in dealing with the people.
A few days ago, Nigerian media were awash with stories of BAT being courted by GEJ and GMB. It reminded of the 'beautiful bride' turned 'beautiful prostitute' saga of the 2nd republic!
It is commonly reported that a people deserves the kind of leadership it gets. The days are gone that people vote along party lines. What would be dominant on saturday is : who can best serve Nigeria's interest? If we trully want to be free from hegemonic powers of yore and be firmly placed on the path of true nationhood, MUHAMMADU BUHARI represents that dream!
In this contest, pedantic issues have been brought into the field to detract and distract from the core subject matter of good governance.
At the end of the day, the people are the victims. When Ibori became a victim of his own creation, he ran and found abode where he had safely starched away the vast resources of his people.
For years, on some internet fora, I was dubbed a 'Ribaduist' because of my vociferous support for his exploits at EFCC. BAT was one of the govs under his radar for sleaze.in a sudden volte face, the same BAT is now his political benefactor! He does not cut the image of a man worthy of investment of my trust and hope.
The Yoruba people can not make the same mistake of 1999, where all manner of folks were given the people's mandate because they professed Awo's philosophy. The whirlwind of 2003 could not have swept them away if they had match their grandiloquence with verifiable and dutiful service to the people. Afterall it was the former ondo state (now ekiti and ondo) that in 1983, the people ensured that their electoral hopes were not submerged in the ocean of NPN's chicanery. This time, the people could not help them because, in four years, they did not serve the people!
In 4 yrs, we have seen Fashola's salutory work. He is worthy of another term!
The YORUBA PEOPLE should not vote along the lines of party on saturday but on the man that trully represents the philosophy of the YORUBA's political patriach, Chief Obafemi Awolowo.
Kayode Ogundamisi (sankara) has written quite well about how GMB wept yesterday in the middle of his speech at the international conference center, abuja. I was there. I was the master of ceremony. I stood behind him and noticed that he stopped talking for about ten seconds and more seconds, he struggled to bring out the words; but the burden about Nigeria and the destructive super-imposition of forces weighed heavily on his gangly frame. GMB wept! Not only him, I wept too and many others in that hall and could not continue my job for the day and told my friend and brother, engr suleiman adamu to finish it for me. We wept for the massive pillaging of our commonwealth and pulverized national values by the people that we gave our trust but are negotiating away our life, our future and collective dream. We wept for our children that only know 'cash and carry' politics. We wept for the Nigerian nation that kept shutting the doors against those that are genuinely interested in helping her travails. We wept and still weeping, !
General Muhammadu Buhari (GMB) is the man that is worthy of our votes in the south west. I have promised myself: wherever I am, by saturday, I must be in S' West to deliver that ONE VOTE of mine for that amiable, affable and urbane leader that represents the beacon of hope for true Nigerians desperately desirous of change- GMB.
In unison, sai BUHARI!
God bless Nigeria.

Rotimi Fashakin.
http://elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6213%3Atinubu-is-a-traitor-to-the-yoruba-cause&catid=36%3Apointblank&Itemid=83
Re: Tinubu Is A Traitor To The Yoruba Cause by midep: 5:59pm On Apr 14, 2011
@ Poster why blaming Tinubu for all your probs am sure if your wife fail to perform her Matrimonial Duty na Tinubu also cause am < Olodo,
Re: Tinubu Is A Traitor To The Yoruba Cause by Tunsbobo(m): 6:13pm On Apr 14, 2011
pointless thread
Re: Tinubu Is A Traitor To The Yoruba Cause by lolatom: 6:18pm On Apr 14, 2011
He who pays the piper dictates the tune. Rotimi has displayed the arrogance Buhari is known for. You guys need to stop clutching at straws and deal with your impending defeat and shame.
Re: Tinubu Is A Traitor To The Yoruba Cause by Lagosboy: 6:18pm On Apr 14, 2011
Food for thought.

The SW people are wise enough to choose who they want. We are not robbots and zombies to follow what Tinubu or Bisi akande asks us to do.

We know the BB ticket is our only hope for a new Nigeria at this moment in time.

Kudos to you Rotimi Fashakin
Re: Tinubu Is A Traitor To The Yoruba Cause by Coolabbie: 6:39pm On Apr 14, 2011
Beautiful, just beautiful.
Re: Tinubu Is A Traitor To The Yoruba Cause by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 14, 2011
*long hiss*
Re: Tinubu Is A Traitor To The Yoruba Cause by Pukkah: 6:45pm On Apr 14, 2011
Hate-filled and envy-induced article. It was possible to make the same pro-Buhari conclusion without displaying so much against Tinubu.
Re: Tinubu Is A Traitor To The Yoruba Cause by AljUche: 6:50pm On Apr 14, 2011
op

this is a beautiful article
Re: Tinubu Is A Traitor To The Yoruba Cause by EzeUche(m): 6:54pm On Apr 14, 2011
Re: Tinubu Is A Traitor To The Yoruba Cause by ektbear: 7:44pm On Apr 14, 2011
If Tinubu screws up, we either wrestle ACN from his grasp or decamp to the Labour Party. No problem.
Re: Tinubu Is A Traitor To The Yoruba Cause by sbeezy8: 8:16pm On Apr 14, 2011
very stupid write up

buhari my asss.

CPC is unthinkable RIbadu is a joke, GEJ is already there.

kini big deal 2015 jare make we carry on.
Re: Tinubu Is A Traitor To The Yoruba Cause by Nobody: 8:21pm On Apr 14, 2011
Mr rotimi,why do u hate tinubu.leave tinubu alone,he is smart and a political genius.he knows if he Bleep up,yorubas will dealt him.for now ACN will protect yoruba interests. buhari is reaping what northern leaders had sown.north betrayed awokowo ,then abiola.they conspired against AD/ANPP in 99 for d sake of obasanjo.OBJ later betrayed them.now north is campaiging for buhari in d mosques,i learnt any muslim that votes 4 GEJ or ribadu need islamic purification.why?i know GEJ will win and that will break power from northern fanatics.north think they can use their exploding population to dominate politics.if buhari wins simple majority,he cannot have 25% votes in 24 states as required by d constitution.frankly,i am expecting buhari to endorse ribadu who many see as another 'buhari'.i am convinced that buhari is greed not 4 money but 4 power.greediness is not good.
Re: Tinubu Is A Traitor To The Yoruba Cause by Musiwa13: 1:00am On Apr 15, 2011
look

Re: Tinubu Is A Traitor To The Yoruba Cause by Rossikk(m): 2:10am On Apr 15, 2011
What is the ''Yoruba cause''?

Aren't we all Nigerians?
Re: Tinubu Is A Traitor To The Yoruba Cause by Nobody: 2:17am On Apr 15, 2011
wasnt it his grandfather who migrated to lagos?

he should be a lagosian by now.
Re: Tinubu Is A Traitor To The Yoruba Cause by Chyz2: 2:17am On Apr 15, 2011
Tinubu= new obj in the making
Re: Tinubu Is A Traitor To The Yoruba Cause by Chyz2: 2:18am On Apr 15, 2011
tpiah!:

wasnt it his grandfather who migrated to lagos?

he should be a lagosian by now.

hey babe, i luv you kiss
Re: Tinubu Is A Traitor To The Yoruba Cause by Akanbiedu(m): 9:22am On Apr 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

If Tinubu screws up, we either wrestle ACN from his grasp or decamp to the Labour Party. No problem.

Labour and PDP are the same.

@Topic
It is easy to blame Tinubu now, Had it been he lost Lagos due to silly agreement between AD and OBJ in 2003, what opposition would we be talking about?

Tinubu could have even joined PDP since or retired comfortably like Osoba, Adesina, Adebayo etc. did. So he should give all he worked for without getting anything back? Who will enter agreement by word of mouth nowadays when people deny even written agreements?
Re: Tinubu Is A Traitor To The Yoruba Cause by ektbear: 9:29am On Apr 15, 2011
^-- Point is, let's watch him carefully and not allow him to grow into a dictator/overlord. His and our interests align for now, but might not indefinitely. Not 100% clear he is playing for Team Yoruba.
Re: Tinubu Is A Traitor To The Yoruba Cause by Akanbiedu(m): 9:38am On Apr 15, 2011
^^^

Trust the Yorubas, as soon as the PDP, the evil rigging machine goes away, Tinubu is minor. He can always be handled.
Re: Tinubu Is A Traitor To The Yoruba Cause by Akanbiedu(m): 9:41am On Apr 15, 2011
I don't even think he's playing for Team Yoruba that much. He just needs a solid base to launch his bid to capture the center.

Every good observer knows the current share-share arrangement of the PDP can not work forever.
Re: Tinubu Is A Traitor To The Yoruba Cause by Gbawe: 11:44am On Apr 15, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

I don't even think he's playing for Team Yoruba that much. He just needs a solid base to launch his bid to capture the center.

Every good observer knows the current share-share arrangement of the PDP can not work forever.

He is . Wether folks know it or not , there is 'method' to Tinubu's madness . If the SW is united , totally purged of the divide-and-conquer politics the PDP play adeptly , then real progress can be achieved because States can genuinely cooperate , without rancour or "them-against-us" distractions, for the greater good of the region . Think about it fellows. It is an attempt to somewhat gain  a self-determined form of federalism when every PDP Government has , so far , selfishly and blatantly refused to even consider devolving power away from the centre when that is the agitations of most Nigerians . Believe me guys , Tinubu is once again setting an example , as he has done in the past, others will come to copy . In 4 years time, what Tinubu us doing now will be a model of the attainment of regional success in spite of a wicked and deliberately retrogressive FG .
Re: Tinubu Is A Traitor To The Yoruba Cause by Azedplus(m): 12:40pm On Apr 15, 2011
even though am a pro BB i still believe in the role BAT play over the past 12yrs.he stood as the AWO of our time against all odds .he is the last man standing among the yoruba liberal agitators,though his ways may not be so perfect but i bet you its for our good.nigeria is not practicing a true federalism and its not being address hence the need to make sure SW is one and preserve our heritage.BAT is almost there and God willing he will lead us there.
Re: Tinubu Is A Traitor To The Yoruba Cause by Gbawe: 1:08pm On Apr 15, 2011
Azedplus:

even though am a pro BB i still believe in the role BAT play over the past 12yrs.he stood as the  AWO of our time against all odds .he is the last man standing among the yoruba liberal agitators,though his ways may not be so perfect but i bet you its for our good.[b]nigeria is not practicing a true federalism and its not being address hence the need to make sure SW is one and preserve our heritage.[/b]BAT is almost there and God willing he will lead us there.

Thank you for your insight . Is it not obvious what Tinubu is doing ? When the PDP controlled FG of the last 12 years have deliberately refused devolving power from the centre what should astute Politicians , who love their region , be doing other than precisely what Tinubu is doing ? Tinubu , while most impotently prefer to leave their destiny in the hands of others, is merely trying to move his region forward without waiting hopelessly for the PDP to reform to do what it has refused to do in 12 years !!! 12 years of abject poverty for most Nigerians should tell us all what we need to know about the PDP !!!!! Is it not only recently that the Danjuma-led PAC (presidential advisory committee) berated GEJ over a "wastefully and ineffectively" bloated Federal arrangement that must be drastically streamlined if Nigeria is to make progress ?

If we are politically sophisticated we will praise the efforts of Tinubu aimed at helping his region control their own pace of development and hope fervently that , as long as we are led by the callous and selfish PDP , other regions gain their own Tinubu ASAP. It would have been very easy for Tinubu to have joined the PDP in the ra.pe and pillaging of Nigeria. Instead he preferred to fight them because he could not carelessly sign away the future of his region and its children unborn.
Re: Tinubu Is A Traitor To The Yoruba Cause by mbulela: 1:33pm On Apr 15, 2011
I will not join in praising Tinubu but i think this is a very poor article.
Filled with hate, bile and hear says.
the issue of Tinubu should be kept in the front burner lest he becomes another OBJ.
However, i think strong institutions will curb the tendencies of people like Tinubu.
There is a pattern to his madness and a level of civility.
However only a (quiet) revolution can uproot this evil called PDP.
There is absolutely no method to its mediocrity and destruction.
Re: Tinubu Is A Traitor To The Yoruba Cause by redsun(m): 1:54pm On Apr 15, 2011
Nigeria politics is pro thugs and the electorates are fascinated with thuggery.Only thugs,with their dubious manipulations seems to make waves among nigerian electorates.

The more dubious they come,the more acceptable they are to nigerians.
Re: Tinubu Is A Traitor To The Yoruba Cause by Musiwa13: 2:20pm On Apr 15, 2011
i
Re: Tinubu Is A Traitor To The Yoruba Cause by juman(m): 3:33pm On Apr 15, 2011
@poster hope you will not blame Asiwaju Tinubu for General Buhari CPC monumental loss in the North in last NASS election.

Thank God that we have not voted this CPC into power. They can't handle their party's activities well talkless of managing a country of 150 million people.
There is no point why they suppose to be abusing Asiwaju Tinubu. They are just bundle of frustrated folks that looking for someone else to blame for their failure. And trying to release some steam of frustration in their system.

Look we are following Chief Awolowo template in Yoruba land. ACN is a movement like party. This is only way out. And Asiwaju Tinubu is our leader. We love him dearly. This is only way to rescue ourselfs and have real development. Even in countries like China, Malaysia and co. they used this kind of method to drag their countries to the right path.

Definitely your effort will not help General Buhari at all.

God bless Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, our true leader.
Re: Tinubu Is A Traitor To The Yoruba Cause by experts: 12:33pm On Mar 28, 2012
lol

(1) (Reply)

Is This The Kind Of Revolution We Need In Nigeria? / Nigeria Is Very Bad, Very, Very Baad. Nigeria Prostitute In Italy / Fashola Hands Over 362 Units Of One, Two Bedroom Flats In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.