Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Amaechi Will Be Treated Like A Traitor – Dokubo-Asari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Will Be Treated Like A Traitor – Dokubo-Asari (18223 Views)

Dino Melaye: Amaechi Will Be Screened Tomorrow / T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested / Katsina Stoning: Niger Delta “ll Retaliate, Says Dokubo Asari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi Will Be Treated Like A Traitor – Dokubo-Asari by emiye(m): 6:38am On May 06, 2013
Leader of the Niger Delta Peoples Volunteer Force, Alhaji Mujaheed Dokubo-Asari, has described Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State as a traitor.

According to him, since the governor joined forces with the North to work against President Goodluck Jonathan, he has betrayed the people of the Niger Delta.

Dokubo-Asari, who spoke with journalists on Friday in Abuja, on Jonathan-Amaechi rift among other issues, said the 2015 general elections would “define and decide” the existence of Nigeria.

But the Rivers State Commissioner for Information, Mrs. Ibim Semenitari, told The PUNCH that Dokubo-Asari was entitled to his opinion.

She said, “I am sure those are Asari-Dokubo’s views. It is a democracy and so everybody has a right to abuse; whether those views are right or wrong is irrelevant. I do not think that as a government, we will respond to that; there is nothing to respond to in his allegations.

“Dokubo-Asari has every right to his views. But whatever he wants to say, the veracity of it is a different matter.”

The ex-militant leader said, “Rotimi Amaechi has been making disparaging statements against the person of President Goodluck Jonathan. He went to Kano State and declared there that he would contest 2015 presidential election as a running mate to a northern aspirant. He is free to do so, but the South-South will not allow traitors among us.

“If Amaechi has singled himself out as a traitor, he will be treated as a traitor; there is nothing anybody can do about it. Now that we have come out of slavery, nobody can take us back into slavery, it is not possible.

“If they like, let them ‘settle him’ and Goodluck, but we, the people of the Niger Delta, will not ‘settle’ and allow a traitor in our midst.”

On the 2015 presidential election, Dokubo-Asari said no “gang up” against Jonathan would stand.

He said, “I want to say that there will be no peace, not only in the Niger Delta, but everywhere, if Goodluck Jonathan is not the president by 2015, except God takes his life, which we do not pray for.

“Jonathan has uninterrupted eight years of two terms to be president, according to the Nigeria constitution. We must have our uninterrupted eight years of two tenures. I am not in support of any amendment to the constitution that will reduce the eight years of two tenures that Jonathan is expected to be president of Nigeria.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/amaechi-will-be-treated-like-a-traitor-dokubo-asari/

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Be Treated Like A Traitor – Dokubo-Asari by naptu2: 6:45am On May 06, 2013
I'm a little bit curious. Does Goodluck Jonathan = the people of the Niger-Delta? Isn't it possible for someone to disagree with the president and still be a Niger-Deltan?

18 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Be Treated Like A Traitor – Dokubo-Asari by Culbobby(m): 6:48am On May 06, 2013
I think if nigeria would put up a comprehensive list of noisemakers,mujahid should be on the top 5. The last i heard of him was that he was no longer a citizen of 9ja,now tell me wetin concern this benin republic man with 9ja. Niger-deltan political leaders are dunces!

6 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Be Treated Like A Traitor – Dokubo-Asari by billante(m): 6:50am On May 06, 2013
Who is this guy self! See how he is talking like a lunatic!

He shouts against injustice to his region and here he is forcing a candidate on d nation whether d person is worth it or not....what injustice is greater than that?!

Asari let d people decide who rules them by d ballot box not by ur stupid ranting!

9 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Be Treated Like A Traitor – Dokubo-Asari by fkaz(m): 7:07am On May 06, 2013

But the Rivers State Commissioner for Information, Mrs. Ibim Semenitari, told The PUNCH that Dokubo-Asari was entitled to his opinion.

She said, “I am sure those are Asari-Dokubo’s views. It is a democracy and so everybody has a right to abuse; whether those views are right or wrong is irrelevant.

EOD

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Be Treated Like A Traitor – Dokubo-Asari by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:15am On May 06, 2013
To be honest, Amaechi has been pissing me off for a while now.

Why do Africans react so badly with power?

Chairman of Governor forum is nobody birth-right.

Godwill Akpabio nomination should not be taken so bitterly.

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Be Treated Like A Traitor – Dokubo-Asari by dejgan: 7:22am On May 06, 2013
The real boko haram are tallking.....some people believe it was Buhari that started the Boko non-sense....but Asari was trained by Al-Qaeda. Henry Okah implicated GEJ and his men in the October 1st bombing which was the beginning of terrorist attack in Nigeria.

Okah's sentence by a South african court was used to settle scores between the South African and Nigerian Governments after about three years of hostile diplomatic relations almost resulting in a cold war between the two countries. Jacob Zuma visited Nigeria few days after Okah was sentenced in South Africa.

Asari will shout and die if GEJ does not come back in 2015 cause of the massive contracts he is getting from this government. My question remains: has the South-South, Niger delta been a better place since 2011?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Will Be Treated Like A Traitor – Dokubo-Asari by justsayemma(m): 7:29am On May 06, 2013
very dumb comments, from a dumb guy.dis guys makes me feel ashame somtyms,in dis age of civilization, a grown man wil b makin dis kinda comments
Re: Amaechi Will Be Treated Like A Traitor – Dokubo-Asari by truth4meal(m): 7:31am On May 06, 2013
Isn't it disheartening to hear a man like Asari Dokubo threatening the rest of us with anarchy if we dare to express our right to personal thought? This Id.iot freely expresses his willingness to vote for GEJ but want to cow us so as not to express our own right to choose because he thinks he is more Nigerian than the rest of us? So far security operatives and the presidency have not taken any step to caution Asari's insane drum of war but they will be quick to close a radio station up north for a callers opinion which is in no way martial. To Asari Dokubo, Kuku and others beating the drum of war and heating up the polity - no one can threaten a whole nation infact no section of the country can threaten d nation. Instead of Dokubo to tell GEJ to deliver on his promises to the nation the l.unatic is here shouting war, war, war.War is different from the hide and seek jamboree in the creek o. Someone should tell him that war is far different from the trade in kidnapping - war is total destruction, its evil and vain. If GEJ like let him caution them we will vote who we want to vote come 2015 based on achievements of his govt not because a fish brain threaten to pick up arms.sometimes I can't but laugh at all these emergency warlords

37 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Be Treated Like A Traitor – Dokubo-Asari by omiobo: 7:35am On May 06, 2013
This man too dey smoke ganja. Wetin him take us for? Anybody praying for war because of a clueless president will be buried before 2015. Amen!

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Be Treated Like A Traitor – Dokubo-Asari by 1MCN: 7:39am On May 06, 2013
It does appear that the heat the north and the west is giving Jonathan has forced him to fan the embers of these so-called millitants just to let 'percieved enemies' know that "our own no good kwa".
God bless Nigeria and Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Be Treated Like A Traitor – Dokubo-Asari by eggheaders(m): 7:52am On May 06, 2013
I wonder this type of never do well militant threatening the rest of the country.I no blame you I blame femi falana for saving you from the hole obj kept your black smelling yansh.with comments like this I can now say all the militant things you engaged in then was solely because of your pocket.now that gej is feeding your big head fat.the niger Delta man you claim you are fighting for still lives in penury and the worst of environmental conditions.asari you are a shame to activism.

11 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Be Treated Like A Traitor – Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 8:25am On May 06, 2013
naptu2: I'm a little bit curious. Does Goodluck Jonathan = the people of the Niger-Delta? Isn't it possible for someone to disagree with the president and still be a Niger-Deltan?
The matter tire me o! So because Jonathan is a Niger Deltan, no other person from Niger Delta should contest for presidential election? This is serious!

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Be Treated Like A Traitor – Dokubo-Asari by Joel3(m): 8:43am On May 06, 2013
it look like militancy pays in nigeria. and also they are well recognized and popular. what are we guys still waiting searching for none existing job when you can pickup arms and government will beg for amnesty with million of $ and well recognized in the society.
Re: Amaechi Will Be Treated Like A Traitor – Dokubo-Asari by Symphony007: 8:43am On May 06, 2013
Look at this confused almajiri..was he not the one who said he was so disappionted with jonathan than he has applied for benin republic citizenship, now he's had a revivial..i don't blame him, it's the amatuerish nigerian press that gives his coverage and the avenue to vomit trash.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Be Treated Like A Traitor – Dokubo-Asari by Omen100(m): 9:06am On May 06, 2013
Like the new name a friend of my gave to this fool, "The Hopeless warlord" I am an origin of Delta state, a state in the southern part of Nigeria and that "hopeless warlord" called Asari Dekubo doesn't speak for Me. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

8 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Be Treated Like A Traitor – Dokubo-Asari by emiye(m): 9:11am On May 06, 2013
Omen100: Like the new name a friend of my gave to this fool, "The Hopeless warlord" I am an origin of Delta state, a state in the southern part of Nigeria and that "hopeless warlord" called Asari Dekubo doesn't speak for Me. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Will Be Treated Like A Traitor – Dokubo-Asari by maasoap(m): 10:12am On May 06, 2013
Last time about 2 months ago he was talking about how Jonathan has neglected the South South, my question is what Jonathan has done for South South or mr militant between then and now? See how a man from a minor tribe is threatening the whole nation. What can he do than blowing up oil pipelines (thereby ignorantly destroying his enviroment) and kidnapping. The reason you are still a free man after making numerous inciteful statements is because Jonathan the president is shielding you. We will vote Jonathan out in 2015 and we will be happy to see what you are capable of doing, and see if you will still be a free man. Without votes from North and South West in 2011 presidential election, did you think Jonathan would have become president?

9 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Be Treated Like A Traitor – Dokubo-Asari by jonaboy: 10:16am On May 06, 2013
truth4meal: Isn't it disheartening to hear a man like Asari Dokubo threatening the rest of us with anarchy if we dare to express our right to personal thought? This Id.iot freely expresses his willingness to vote for GEJ but want to cow us so as not to express our own right to choose because he thinks he is more Nigerian than the rest of us? So far security operatives and the presidency have not taken any step to caution Asari's insane drum of war but they will be quick to close a radio station up north for a callers opinion which is in no way martial. To Asari Dokubo, Kuku and others beating the drum of war and heating up the polity - no one can threaten a whole nation infact no section of the country can threaten d nation. Instead of Dokubo to tell GEJ to deliver on his promises to the nation the l.unatic is here shouting war, war, war.War is different from the hide and seek jamboree in the creek o. Someone should tell him that war is far different from the trade in kidnapping - war is total destruction, its evil and vain. If GEJ like let him caution them we will vote who we want to vote come 2015 based on achievements of his govt not because a fish brain threaten to pick up arms.sometimes I can't but laugh at all these emergency warlords
. Word!
Re: Amaechi Will Be Treated Like A Traitor – Dokubo-Asari by Gbawe: 10:30am On May 06, 2013
naptu2: I'm a little bit curious. Does Goodluck Jonathan = the people of the Niger-Delta? Isn't it possible for someone to disagree with the president and still be a Niger-Deltan?

Ridiculous. Nonetheless, it is what GEJ himself, a crude "local champion", enjoys and encourages i.e ethnic jingoism and sabre-rattling against other Nigerians according to ethnicity. This is why the man is surrounded by many nauseatingly uncouth and openly bigoted elements who say divisive and incendiary things all the time.

Let Asari-Dokubo continue to run his foul mouth. Power is transient and people like him do not have the sophistication to understand that they only burn their own bridges with displays they have put up over the years where the only thing that will be remembered about GEJ's Presidency is the unsophisticated and crude polarisation of Nigeria along ethnic line, concerning almost every issue, by team GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Be Treated Like A Traitor – Dokubo-Asari by akaOpene(m): 10:43am On May 06, 2013
These warmongers are actually ostracising Jonathan & making his presidency seem irresponsible. This is what happens when criminals are given more recognition & governmemt patronage than the law abiding citizens.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Be Treated Like A Traitor – Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 10:57am On May 06, 2013
This is Nigeria!

I am on my way to Biafra!

Sorry folks, no comment!

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Be Treated Like A Traitor – Dokubo-Asari by MadCow1: 11:00am On May 06, 2013
Amaechi is a traitor!! Simple..

He has taken sides with A6ok!s.. He shall be cut down same way we will cut down Rochas!!

No retreat, No Amnesty!!

#FreshBreeze 2015~

9 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Be Treated Like A Traitor – Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 06, 2013
Asari Dokubo is a citizen of this country and is entitled to his opinion. Besides the fact that he comes from the same part of the country as GEJ, he is not in govt, neither does he speak for GEJ. He is not an elderstates man and I dont think he has ever worked for any govt.

In a situation were prominent citizens from the far north, like former VP Atiku and others, had in the past threatened fire if power does not return to the north, the statements credited to citizen Asari Dokubo is not unexpected.

In Nigeria, a COMATOSE Yar Adua (probably on hospital support machine in far away Saudi hospital) would easily win the PDP primary ticket and sweep the polls in a general election while a vibrant GEJ would sweat to secure PDP primary ticket and work very hard before winning a general election. What is the difference between Yar Adua and GEJ? The only difference is their ethnicity and religion. That is the way our Nigeria is structured.

Statements credited to Asari are not right in sane countries but this is Nigeria where almost everything revolves around ethnic and religuous sentiments.

The ethnic and religuous politics of our founding fathers has remained with us till date.

11 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Be Treated Like A Traitor – Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 06, 2013
Mad Cow: Amaechi is a traitor!! Simple..

He has taken sides with A6ok!s.. He shall be cut down same way we will cut down Rochas!!

No retreat, No Amnesty!!

#FreshBreeze 2015~
na lie joor! you no fit do anything! go siddon for one corner abegi! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Will Be Treated Like A Traitor – Dokubo-Asari by ifihearam: 12:53pm On May 06, 2013
INDEED AMAECHI IS A TRAITOR

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Be Treated Like A Traitor – Dokubo-Asari by eagleeye2: 12:58pm On May 06, 2013
This Idio.t that rose to prominence through Militancy is refering to someone as a traitor. SMH for Nigeria. It is high time GEJ publicly denounced these type of fellows or they will surely bring him to ruin.

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Be Treated Like A Traitor – Dokubo-Asari by ochukoccna: 1:01pm On May 06, 2013
Why is Dokubo ALWAYS speaking from his ana_l hole undecided
Was this not the same dude who said Jonathan was a disaster as president?
So Ebele don find you brown envelope again?
No be your fault,no OBJ I blame for not shuttong you up when the chance beckoned
So realign politically is now a sin?
Must every every ND person support a failure called goodluck?
Re: Amaechi Will Be Treated Like A Traitor – Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 06, 2013
so even criminals have views?
Re: Amaechi Will Be Treated Like A Traitor – Dokubo-Asari by na2day(m): 1:05pm On May 06, 2013
My Nigeria has truly gone to the dogs! sad
How did we get here?
This situation is getting pathetic by the day, imagine a common criminal threatening to destabilize the country because he might not have his way? angry
Walahi!
I tire for this government o!

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Will Be Treated Like A Traitor – Dokubo-Asari by beeman80: 1:05pm On May 06, 2013
I just wonder if I or Nigerians will be voting at gun point come 2015.As long as Democracy thrives, I will vote who I deem fit.Capish.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Twitter User Claims Women Arrested In Oyigbo By The Army Were Raped, Tortured / 2023: Yahaya Bello Dumps Presidential Bid, Lobbies APC Leaders For VP Slot / Youths In Neked Imo Contribute Money To Rehabilitate Road Commissioned By Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.