Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,626 members, 7,820,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others (21312 Views)

NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) / Governor Zulum Recommends the Use of Mercenaries to Defeat Boko Haram. / NJC Recommends Chukwuma Abosi & Aliyu Musa Liman For Compulsory Retirement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by Qoko: 5:38pm On Mar 19, 2021
Thank you SAI Baba, Not disappointed, Almighty will reward you for this list.

2 Likes

Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by fergie001: 5:41pm On Mar 19, 2021
garfield1 kahal29 ejimatic agbegbaraoye.....This list is lovely grin grin
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by garfield1: 5:45pm On Mar 19, 2021
fergie001:

I thought its 20 or is it a new one?
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by Obamaofusa: 5:45pm On Mar 19, 2021
lol

It is not even hidden anymore.The Northerners want to take over everything even with very low intelligence to defend it.
It is not farfetched to know why Nigeria keeps going down when the less intelligent,less educated and less innovative are ruling over the more intelligent, more educated and more innovative.We have to help ourselves by going our separate ways. May God bless the Hausas,Igbos,Fulanis,I jaws,Yorubas...
Nigeria is gone.
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by garfield1: 5:49pm On Mar 19, 2021
Mikecold:
18 names 11northerners

i) Hon. Justice Bature Isah Gafai

ii) Hon. Justice Muhammad Ibrahim Sirajo

iii) Hon. Justice Waziri Abdul-Azeez

iv) Hon. Justice Yusuf Alhaji Bashir

v) Hon. Justice Usman A. Musale

vi) Hon. Justice Jauro Ibrahim Wakili

vii) Hon. Justice Abba Bello Mohammed

viii) Hon. Grand Kadi Mohammed Danjuma

ix) Hon. Justice Danlami Zama Senchi

x) Hon. Justice Mohammed Lawal Abubakar

xi) Hon. Justice Hassan Muslim Sule

xii) Hon. Justice Amadi Kenneth Ikechukwu
xiii) Hon. Justice Peter Oyinkenimiemi Affen
xiv) Hon. Justice Sybil Onyeji Nwaka Gbagi
xv) Hon. Justice Olasumbo Olanrewaju Goodluck
xvi) Hon. Justice Banjoko Adebukunola Adeoti Ibironke
xvii) Hon. Justice Olabode Abimbola Adegbehingbe
xviii) Hon. Justice Bola Samuel Ademola

They even arrange them first before throwing 7 slots for igbo Yoruba and Niger Delta to drag

Yet those northerners would be among the quota system first names that would be rejected by any international law agency

Apply commonsense na.there are about 66 appeal court judges,36 from south so this new appointment will ensure regional parity
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by ejimatic: 5:49pm On Mar 19, 2021
fergie001:
. Yorubas are four.Others are Hausas. Justice Dirajo made the list.He ruled in favour of APC i at the Osun Tribunal .Where are Igbo judges? Why don't they make the list?
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by garfield1: 5:49pm On Mar 19, 2021
Qoko:
Thank you SAI Baba, Not disappointed, Almighty will reward you for this list.

Is the list from buhari or njc
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by garfield1: 5:51pm On Mar 19, 2021
fergie001:
i) Justice Bature Isah Gafai (Katsina, NW)
ii) Hon. Justice Muhammad Ibrahim Sirajo (Plateau, NC)
iii) Hon. Justice Waziri Abdul-Azeez (Adamawa, NE)
iv) Hon. Justice Yusuf Alhaji Bashir (Taraba, NE)
v) Hon. Justice Usman A. Musale (Yobe, NE)
vii) Hon. Justice Abba Bello Mohammed (Kano, NW)
viii) Hon. Grand Kadi Mohammed Danjuma (Niger, NC)
ix) Hon. Justice Danlami Zama Senchi (Kebbi, NW)
x) Hon. Justice Mohammed Lawal Abubakar (Sokoto, NW)
xi) Hon. Justice Hassan Muslim Sule (Zamfara, NW)
xii) Hon. Justice Amadi Kenneth Ikechukwu (Imo, SE)
xiii) Hon. Justice Peter Oyinkenimiemi Affen (Bayelsa, SS)
xiv) Hon. Justice Sybil Onyeji Nwaka Gbagi (Delta, SS)
xv) Hon. Justice Olasumbo Olanrewaju Goodluck (Lagos, SW)
xvi) Hon. Justice Banjoko Adebukunola Adeoti Ibironke (Ogun, SW)
xvii) Hon. Justice Olabode Abimbola Adegbehingbe (Ondo, SW)
xviii) Hon. Justice Bola Samuel Ademola (Ondo, SW)

Is gbagi related to Kenneth gbagi? I am familiar with most of them.I think justices abang,taiwo and ekwo are due for appeal court
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by garfield1: 5:51pm On Mar 19, 2021
Phred1717:
One section of the country has taken over

How
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by garfield1: 5:52pm On Mar 19, 2021
salbis:
At least i have seen what i was expecting. I'm neither shocked nor disappointed. Sai Baba!

Is the appointment made by buhari
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by garfield1: 5:53pm On Mar 19, 2021
okeyglm:
Hausa /fulani judiciary . They have occupied all the government offices nation wide. imagine, people that are less educated.
.there are more southerners in that list my boy
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by garfield1: 5:53pm On Mar 19, 2021
oluwaSavage:
Nothern Appeal Chief Judges you mean...

Which kind Country be this self...

Biased and pathetic lots.
Are there no southerners in that list? Why the careless statement
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by garfield1: 5:54pm On Mar 19, 2021
ejimatic:
. Yorubas are four.Others are Hausas. Justice Dirajo made the list.He ruled in favour of APC i at the Osun Tribunal .Where are Igbo judges? Why don't they make the list?

Probably because their appeal court quota is filled up.

1 Like

Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by Obamaofusa: 5:58pm On Mar 19, 2021
garfield1:

It was by influence my man..
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by Resurrection212: 6:03pm On Mar 19, 2021
Can you comprehend I doubt that.
thatigboman:
now doing better than southerners in what sense? Quota system statement
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by okeyglm: 6:03pm On Mar 19, 2021
garfield1:

make Hausa / fulani fear God. even plateau and taraba a predominantly Christian states they managed the chip in their hausa / fulani domination.
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by excel101(m): 6:04pm On Mar 19, 2021
Mikecold:
18 names 11northerners

They even arrange them first before throwing 7 slots for igbo Yoruba and Niger Delta to drag

Yet those northerners would be among the quota system first names that would be rejected by any international law agency
North has 3 geographical regions just as South o. Its not as if they shared that of north to a state.
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by planetx: 6:06pm On Mar 19, 2021
Very soon even your state governors and local government chairmen will all be Northerners.
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by fergie001: 6:07pm On Mar 19, 2021
ejimatic:
. Yorubas are four.Others are Hausas. Justice Sirajo made the list.He ruled in favour of APC i at the Osun Tribunal .Where are Igbo judges? Why don't they make the list?
My brother ejimatic, na you dey ask me this question?

I am not the NJC nah.
grin

1 Like

Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by dejol88: 6:09pm On Mar 19, 2021
garfield1:

Probably because their appeal court quota is filled up.

When it is Igbo there will be plenty excuse.

That is why ameachi said because money they can not construct standard guage but money was not issue for maradi track.
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by ejimatic: 6:10pm On Mar 19, 2021
fergie001:

My brother ejimatic, na you they ask me this question?

I am not the NJC nah.
grin
. Battle for 2023 has begun. This is a one sided list.
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by garfield1: 6:12pm On Mar 19, 2021
dejol88:

When it is Igbo there will be plenty excuse.

That is why ameachi said because money they can not construct standard guage but money was not issue for maradi track.

.but it is true.you have your full quota.as for maradi katsina rail,that is buhari area so you don't expect it to be same with other areas
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by garfield1: 6:13pm On Mar 19, 2021
okeyglm:
make Hausa / fulani fear God. even plateau and taraba a predominantly Christian states they managed the chip in their hausa / fulani domination.

It is by seniority and maybe there are no Muslim judges
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by garfield1: 6:13pm On Mar 19, 2021
Obamaofusa:

It was by influence my man..

Influence how? In the judiciary,it is purely by seniority and merit if not wike wife will be among
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by gawu1: 6:14pm On Mar 19, 2021
Mikecold:
Please o, i would like to know why no southernern is deem fit to occupy the post of FCT minister in one Nigeria

I thought Abuja is the capital of Nigeria that was created from Niger Delta oil wealth
I appeal to you that you go and ask obasanjo and Jonathan, the two southerner that occupied number one seat in Nigeria of recent with enormous power to appoint a southerner there, yet they could not deem it fit to let a southerner occupied the post of f CT minister in one Nigeria.
Thank God you said Niger delta oil wealth, but not igbo or ijaw oil wealth. However, before the delta there was the Niger. Every child has a father who begets him /her.
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by fergie001: 6:15pm On Mar 19, 2021
garfield1:

Is gbagi related to Kenneth gbagi? I am familiar with most of them.I think justices abang,taiwo and ekwo are due for appeal court
Ekwo is more than mature to be at the CoA.

He was made a judge in 2008, 1964

I don't know why he wasn't elevated.

Taiwo was made a Judge in 2015, 1957

Okon Abang..2009....1961
(Status: never elevated)....Too controversial to even be considered.
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by fergie001: 6:16pm On Mar 19, 2021
ejimatic:
. Battle for 2023 has begun. This is a one sided list.

....for good reasons. The CJN retires December 2023.
He is still in-charge. cheesy

1 Like

Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by fergie001: 6:17pm On Mar 19, 2021
garfield1:

I thought its 20 or is it a new one?
It leaked before....this is just the confirmation.
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by Chonco: 6:19pm On Mar 19, 2021
Justwise, you better stop handling issues like a toddler.
How can you restrict my comments on travel section.
You better undo that and stop that nonsense attitude.
You just wake up and decide to act the way you want.

CC: Seun , kindly advice your moderator because he's not doing the right thing.
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by SmartPolician: 6:19pm On Mar 19, 2021
Mikecold:
18 names 11northerners

Nobody can blame Buhari here; it's entirely the fault of the National Judicial Council.

Sometimes, promotion is not based on merit but some people are believed to be due for it (using years of service as a yardstick).

The latter explains why banks promote people today and fire them the following month.

However, judges are made based on the cases they have won in the life of their career.
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by dejol88: 6:20pm On Mar 19, 2021
garfield1:

.but it is true.you have your full quota.as for maradi katsina rail,that is buhari area so you don't expect it to be same with other areas

Who would use 100km speed rail for transportation? Does it make any sense? What comparative advantage does it have over present means of transportation?

On all roads constructed by FG, only second Niger bridge would be tolled.why

In terms of appointment distribution, Igbo will always be short-changed.why

But a list was released on roads that will be tolled across the country, but south east was properly represented.
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by Nobody: 6:22pm On Mar 19, 2021
okeyglm:
Hausa /fulani judiciary . They have occupied all the government offices nation wide. imagine, people that are less educated.
In as much as you'll delusionally believe the misinformation your bigotic congress feed you with then definitely you'll end up with HBP. Despite having large number of out of School children in the north yet the number of educated ones can match the demand of the North.
In Germany a school teacher asked pupils to draw Africa, suddenly to her greatest dismay they drew images of filthy people, starved living in tents. Unknown to them we've countries like Morocco, S/Africa, Egypt, Algeria, Tunisia, and many more beautiful capitals of Africa with sky scrappers, luxury cars, good roads living beautiful life; this story is analogous to your ignorant perception of the North.
Before our return to democracy Northerners don't like FG jobs, that time we're mocked with many names like illiterates, almajiri, Aboki and all sort of these but now we wake up and reclaim our deserving places and you enviously call us quota system. The worst thing Northerners are doing now is believing in this fucking delusional paper qualifications because we've too many graduates and too many enrolment in Universities with too much foreign scholarships by state govts which will likely affect & endanger the courage of artisanship and farming.
Remember, name doesn't matter because North is more than just Hausa-Fulani.
Ignorance is a big disease!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Don't Allow PDP To Drag Nigeria Backwards - Buhari To APC Members / APC Women Hold Rally In Ilorin For Bola Tinubu / Nnamdi Kanu Issues Directive From Custody, As Ohanaeze Hints At December Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.