Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,600 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:23 AM

NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others (21496 Views)

NJC recommends 11 Justices to the Supreme Court (Photos) / Governor Zulum Recommends the Use of Mercenaries to Defeat Boko Haram. / NJC Recommends Chukwuma Abosi & Aliyu Musa Liman For Compulsory Retirement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by garfield1: 6:27pm On Mar 19, 2021
dejol88:

Who would use 100km speed rail for transportation? Does it make any sense? What comparative advantage does it have over present means of transportation?

On all roads constructed by FG, only second Niger bridge would be tolled.why

In terms of appointment distribution, Igbo will always be short-changed.why

But a list was released on roads that will be tolled across the country, but south east was properly represented.
Igbos have the fewest states and lgss so you can't have as much appointments like others...that narrow gauge according to amechi explanation is fast.it is targeted for the north not igbo land
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by garfield1: 6:27pm On Mar 19, 2021
fergie001:

It leaked before....this is just the confirmation.

Where are the remaining two names? Seems the appeal and fhc have almost equal number of judges
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by dejol88: 6:37pm On Mar 19, 2021
garfield1:

Igbos have the fewest states and lgss so you can't have as much appointments like others...that narrow gauge according to amechi explanation is fast.it is targeted for the north not igbo land

I agree with you on smallest but we should also enjoy what makes us small. For instance, South East with smallest land mass will be tolled but north with largest landmass have fewer places to be tolled, how?

If we went by proportion in appointment distribution, Igbos will get more than this.
So this argument does not fly with me
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by garfield1: 6:39pm On Mar 19, 2021
fergie001:

Ekwo is more than mature to be at the CoA.

He was made a judge in 2008, 1964

I don't know why he wasn't elevated.

Taiwo was made a Judge in 2015, 1957

Okon Abang..2009....1961
(Status: never elevated)....Too controversial to even be considered.

What of wike's wife and Jane inyang
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by dejol88: 6:39pm On Mar 19, 2021
garfield1:

Where are the remaining two names? Seems the appeal and fhc have almost equal number of judges

My brother check am, Nigeria no fair with igbos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by thatigboman: 6:40pm On Mar 19, 2021
Resurrection212:
Can you comprehend I doubt that.
ask ur mama that question
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by fergie001: 6:53pm On Mar 19, 2021
garfield1:

What of wike's wife and Jane inyang
Jane Inyang......2015, born 1965

Granddaughter of Eastern Nigeria's first barrister, Asuquo Etim Inyang (admitted to the SC in 1924).

Judge 2012, born 1972

Wike is calming down for 2022 grin
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by MinistryOfBandi: 6:55pm On Mar 19, 2021
Nepotism as expected. Nothing unusual about the lists. Buhari is an idiot.
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by fergie001: 6:57pm On Mar 19, 2021
garfield1:

Where are the remaining two names? Seems the appeal and fhc have almost equal number of Judges

Something like that....Presently, the Appeal Court has 51 Judges...
FHC 62.
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by garfield1: 6:59pm On Mar 19, 2021
fergie001:

Something like that....Presently, the Appeal Court has 51 Judges...
FHC 62.

No,appeal has 66 minus today's additions while fhc has 77 or thereabout
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by fergie001: 7:01pm On Mar 19, 2021
garfield1:

No,appeal has 66 minus today's additions while fhc has 77 or thereabout
It is 66.... Correct
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by garfield1: 7:02pm On Mar 19, 2021
fergie001:

Jane Inyang......2015, born 1965

Granddaughter of Eastern Nigeria's first barrister, Asuquo Etim Inyang (admitted to the SC in 1924).

Judge 2012, born 1972

Wike is calming down for 2022 grin

Suzette still has more years ahead.there may be not be another promotion exercise till buhari tenure expires...
Jane inyang is from crs.I dont think that man was the first barrister
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by fergie001: 7:03pm On Mar 19, 2021
garfield1:

Suzette still has more years ahead.there may be not be another promotion exercise till buhari tenure expires...
Jane inyang is from crs.I dont think that man was the first barrister
Promotion will depend on availability...Rivers is always congested sha, the reason Odili had to use Imo State.

Jane Inyang.....It is in her bio at the FHC.
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by VictorUSA(m): 7:03pm On Mar 19, 2021
oluwaSavage:
Nothern Appeal Chief Judges you mean...

Which kind Country be this self...

Biased and pathetic lots.
This pix sent me reeling in laughter.

1 Like

Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by Tozilly(m): 7:05pm On Mar 19, 2021
garfield1:

It is by seniority and maybe there are no Muslim judges

Get ur facts right my broda. it is not by seniority. Even the most junior can be elevated.
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by garfield1: 7:05pm On Mar 19, 2021
dejol88:

My brother check am, Nigeria no fair with igbos

How sir
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by mindtricks: 7:05pm On Mar 19, 2021
Nigeria the big joke.
Will the people ever learn?
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by VictorUSA(m): 7:13pm On Mar 19, 2021
JUSTICE JUSTICE... yet no justice in this country.Millions of lawyers yet no independence of judiciary.Jugdes in coat or agbada yet no proper jugdment of cases.This kain country i don taya 4 u...looking foreward to going to the USA.
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by garfield1: 7:16pm On Mar 19, 2021
Tozilly:

Get ur facts right my broda. it is not by seniority. Even the most junior can be elevated.

Hmmm.you have a point
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by garfield1: 7:17pm On Mar 19, 2021
fergie001:

Promotion will depend on availability...Rivers is always congested sha, the reason Odili had to use Imo State.

Jane Inyang.....It is in her bio at the FHC.

I thought she was from aks.we have 3 fhc judges.I think the fhc is understaffed.they should have double or triple the amount of judges appeal has since they have more workload and branches
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by fergie001: 7:21pm On Mar 19, 2021
garfield1:

I thought she was from aks.we have 3 fhc judges.I think the fhc is understaffed.they should have double or triple the amount of judges appeal has since they have more workload and branches
She (Jane Inyang) is Efik; from Odukpani.....CRS
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by garfield1: 7:23pm On Mar 19, 2021
fergie001:

It is 66.... Correct

No your list is showing fifty something judges.again,the appellate branches are unequal.the south has more than the north
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by fergie001: 7:24pm On Mar 19, 2021
garfield1:

No your list is showing fifty something judges.again,the appellate branches are unequal.the south has more than the north
It is 66..... I didn't add Ilorin, Yola, Owerri, Akure, Ekiti and Sokoto Divisions..(they have 3 each)

It was even Bulkachuwa that created; Asaba, Kano, Gombe, and Awka

I think the number of cases they have to handle influences the creation of divisions. (The North deals more with their Sharia Courts of Appeal).

Like Benin Division has a heavy workload...Asaba has to come in.

The whole of the SE was using just Enugu and Owerri...Awka had to come in.
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by dejol88: 7:25pm On Mar 19, 2021
garfield1:

How sir

How you explain that the third largest ethnic group is not among any arm of government? My brother e get as e be. I presume that you are a lawyer and understand having a society built on fairness and justice. And consequences when we have the reverse.
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by Cherrybae(f): 7:33pm On Mar 19, 2021
NwaNimo1:
i) Hon. Justice Bature Isah Gafai - Northener
ii) Hon. Justice Muhammad Ibrahim Sirajo - Northener
iii) Hon. Justice Waziri Abdul-Azeez- Northener
iv) Hon. Justice Yusuf Alhaji Bashir- Northener
v) Hon. Justice Usman A. Musale - Northener
vi) Hon. Justice Jauro Ibrahim Wakili - Northener
vii) Hon. Justice Abba Bello Mohammed - Northener
viii) Hon. Grand Kadi Mohammed Danjuma - Northener
ix) Hon. Justice Danlami Zama Senchi - Northener
x) Hon. Justice Mohammed Lawal Abubakar - Northener
xi) Hon. Justice Hassan Muslim Sule- Northener
xii) Hon. Justice Amadi Kenneth Ikechukwu
xiii) Hon. Justice Peter Oyinkenimiemi Affen
xiv) Hon. Justice Sybil Onyeji Nwaka Gbagi
xv) Hon. Justice Olasumbo Olanrewaju Goodluck
xvi) Hon. Justice Banjoko Adebukunola Adeoti Ibironke
xvii) Hon. Justice Olabode Abimbola Adegbehingbe
xviii) Hon. Justice Bola Samuel Ademola
2. CHIEF JUDGE, FCT, ABUJA
i) Hon. Justice Salisu Garba Abdullahi- Northener

3. CHIEF JUDGE, RIVERS STATE
i) Hon. Justice Simeon Chibuzor Amadi
4. CHIEF JUDGE, NASARAWA STATE
i) Hon. Justice Aisha Bashir Aliyu- Northener
5. CHIEF JUDGE, KOGI STATE
i) Hon. Justice Sunday Omeiza Otu
6. CHIEF JUDGE, JIGAWA STATE
i) Hon. Justice Umar Maigari Sadiq- Northener
7. CHIEF JUDGE, EBONYI STATE
i) Hon. Justice Ngene Anagu Elvis
8. CHIEF JUDGE, DELTA STATE
i) Hon. Justice Theresa T. Obiajulu Ogochukwu Diai
9. PRESIDENT, CUSTOMARY COURT OF APPEAL, DELTA STATE
i) Hon. Justice Patience Onuwa Elumeze

[img]https://media./images/a7f2292921c4826185460ae2bcb21839/tenor.gif[/img]

You people are very terrible. So if a Northerner is due for elevation, they should drop him and elevate his juniors.

You people are very terrible
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by kayevans: 7:33pm On Mar 19, 2021
garfield1:
Are there no southerners in that list? Why the careless statement

Will you shut up
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by garfield1: 7:37pm On Mar 19, 2021
kayevans:

Will you shut up

Apply that first my boy
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by AnanseK(m): 7:39pm On Mar 19, 2021
Mikecold:
18 names 11northerners

i) Hon. Justice Bature Isah Gafai

ii) Hon. Justice Muhammad Ibrahim Sirajo

iii) Hon. Justice Waziri Abdul-Azeez

iv) Hon. Justice Yusuf Alhaji Bashir

v) Hon. Justice Usman A. Musale

vi) Hon. Justice Jauro Ibrahim Wakili

vii) Hon. Justice Abba Bello Mohammed

viii) Hon. Grand Kadi Mohammed Danjuma

ix) Hon. Justice Danlami Zama Senchi

x) Hon. Justice Mohammed Lawal Abubakar

xi) Hon. Justice Hassan Muslim Sule

xii) Hon. Justice Amadi Kenneth Ikechukwu
xiii) Hon. Justice Peter Oyinkenimiemi Affen
xiv) Hon. Justice Sybil Onyeji Nwaka Gbagi
xv) Hon. Justice Olasumbo Olanrewaju Goodluck
xvi) Hon. Justice Banjoko Adebukunola Adeoti Ibironke
xvii) Hon. Justice Olabode Abimbola Adegbehingbe
xviii) Hon. Justice Bola Samuel Ademola

Yet those northerners would be among the quota system first names that would be rejected by any international law agency

My brother, southerners want quick money . They become lawyers and cash in on the absence of law in the country. To be a judge you must face poverty as magistrate for 15 to 20 years, only a few southerners can do that. While most northern law graduates go to the bench.

1 Like

Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by garfield1: 7:39pm On Mar 19, 2021
dejol88:

How you explain that the third largest ethnic group is not among any arm of government? My brother e get as e be. I presume that you are a lawyer and understand having a society built on fairness and justice. And consequences when we have the reverse.

It is the fault of the igbos na not apc.
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by Yankee101: 7:45pm On Mar 19, 2021
See hausa names
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by Phred1717: 7:53pm On Mar 19, 2021
garfield1:

How
if you know u know!
Re: NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others by dejol88: 7:55pm On Mar 19, 2021
garfield1:

It is the fault of the igbos na not apc.

Really So you bought into such narrative.

Brother just society is not built like how we are practicing governance. This is the reason you hardly find patriotism in Nigeria.

Without patriotism we can never build a better nation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Notice:buhari Never Built A Single Refinery / Buhari Swears In New Permanent Secretaries / Four Years Is Too Small For Anyone In Office' - Yemi Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.