Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,573 members, 7,816,411 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Chari Magumeri: First Nigerian To Be Promoted To Rank Of Captain In British Army - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chari Magumeri: First Nigerian To Be Promoted To Rank Of Captain In British Army (58259 Views)

Boko Haram Attacks Magumeri, Borno State / Boko Haram Recaptures Gubio And Magumeri In Borno / Boko Haram Sacks Military Base In Magumeri, Borno. Shouts 'Allahu Akbar' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chari Magumeri: First Nigerian To Be Promoted To Rank Of Captain In British Army by Muhylonaire007: 2:41pm On Mar 20, 2021
Great feat
Re: Chari Magumeri: First Nigerian To Be Promoted To Rank Of Captain In British Army by hermesprogidy(m): 2:41pm On Mar 20, 2021
Who cares about colonial nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Chari Magumeri: First Nigerian To Be Promoted To Rank Of Captain In British Army by hermesprogidy(m): 2:41pm On Mar 20, 2021
Who cares about colonial nonsense. undecided

1 Like

Re: Chari Magumeri: First Nigerian To Be Promoted To Rank Of Captain In British Army by SweetDipBenny(m): 2:43pm On Mar 20, 2021
Slave sad

1 Like

Re: Chari Magumeri: First Nigerian To Be Promoted To Rank Of Captain In British Army by Psalmmyb(m): 2:44pm On Mar 20, 2021
Imagine this?
Re: Chari Magumeri: First Nigerian To Be Promoted To Rank Of Captain In British Army by bukatyne(f): 2:45pm On Mar 20, 2021
One4me:

Could the below be why he was promoted above his head, by the British mercenary called Major (Lord) Lugard?

Please read:

A Mercenary, Major Lugard (Later Lord Lugard), formed a "Mercenary Army of Northerners" and called it Nigerian Army!
he then used that Mercenary Army to loot, plunder and Colonise Southerners
, to form a Slave Country called Nigeria.

I hail o.

What a read!
Re: Chari Magumeri: First Nigerian To Be Promoted To Rank Of Captain In British Army by jossifeels(m): 2:49pm On Mar 20, 2021
The white man belt and tie are white,
The black man belt and tie are black
Why ❓ no be today e start
Re: Chari Magumeri: First Nigerian To Be Promoted To Rank Of Captain In British Army by Christistruth00: 2:54pm On Mar 20, 2021
Northurmate:
Late Capt. Kyari Magumeri From Borno was the first Nigerian to be promoted to the rank of CAPTAIN in British Army (1953) After making a gallant performance in 1st and 2nd WW

CREDIT: Northeast Reporters: https://www.facebook.com/637228206760552/posts/1095400760943292/?app=fbl

That is not true Wellington Duke Umoh Bassey of Calabar who was commissioned as an Officer in the Royal West African Frontier Force in 1944

By 1948 he was a Captain

Below is a copy of the 16th of April 1954 London Gazette Confirming his date of Commission

Re: Chari Magumeri: First Nigerian To Be Promoted To Rank Of Captain In British Army by Christistruth00: 2:58pm On Mar 20, 2021
cool
Re: Chari Magumeri: First Nigerian To Be Promoted To Rank Of Captain In British Army by ubimagos: 3:03pm On Mar 20, 2021
Lokoja Army barrack is still named after him.
Re: Chari Magumeri: First Nigerian To Be Promoted To Rank Of Captain In British Army by IPOBTERRORISTS(f): 3:11pm On Mar 20, 2021
southpole:
And you think he was a Muslim?, non of his name is a Muslim name, he was must likely from Southern Borno which is predominantly Christians.
grin u don't know the meaning of Magumeri LMAO

1 Like

Re: Chari Magumeri: First Nigerian To Be Promoted To Rank Of Captain In British Army by Eriokanmi: 3:12pm On Mar 20, 2021
Wow! What a hefty man
Re: Chari Magumeri: First Nigerian To Be Promoted To Rank Of Captain In British Army by opribo(m): 3:17pm On Mar 20, 2021
How manage, anyway Halleluyah and congrats.

Wait o, by the way did I hear British army. Hmm, they are the same. They thought them.
Re: Chari Magumeri: First Nigerian To Be Promoted To Rank Of Captain In British Army by JastSiryin(m): 3:28pm On Mar 20, 2021
Ooni:
If I comment on the last pix now they'll say I'm racist.
Nah... You'd just be an ignorant race baiter... Sense suppose tell you say na im superior dey with am so.
Re: Chari Magumeri: First Nigerian To Be Promoted To Rank Of Captain In British Army by Occurstaem(m): 3:34pm On Mar 20, 2021
One4me:

Could the below be why he was promoted above his head, by the British mercenary called Major (Lord) Lugard?

Please read:

A Mercenary, Major Lugard (Later Lord Lugard), formed a "Mercenary Army of Northerners" and called it Nigerian Army!
he then used that Mercenary Army to loot, plunder and Colonise Southerners
, to form a Slave Country called Nigeria.

I hail o.
I really appreciate this. Please where can one find more of this?

1 Like

Re: Chari Magumeri: First Nigerian To Be Promoted To Rank Of Captain In British Army by thatigboman: 3:40pm On Mar 20, 2021
yaksdavirus:
Why promotion on retirement?
for financial benefits like pension and gratuity
Re: Chari Magumeri: First Nigerian To Be Promoted To Rank Of Captain In British Army by thatigboman: 3:47pm On Mar 20, 2021
Christistruth00:

That is not true Wellington Duke Umoh Bassey of Calabar who was commissioned as an Officer in the Royal West African Frontier Force in 1944

By 1948 he was a Captain

Below is a copy of the 16th of April 1954 London Gazette Confirming his date of Commission

oh, so that's the man Camp WU Bassey in Abuja is named after. Nice one.

1 Like

Re: Chari Magumeri: First Nigerian To Be Promoted To Rank Of Captain In British Army by gimakon2(m): 3:50pm On Mar 20, 2021
IPOBTERRORISTS:
[s]Wow! Magumeri RIP. Now Watch how Afonja Christian and fucking IPOB terrorists will tell us they own the german army and British monarchy[/s]

Why have you all of a sudden told GOD that you dont want sense? Do you see how Senseless you and your statements are.
Onye n'amaghi ihe! Senseless moron_
Re: Chari Magumeri: First Nigerian To Be Promoted To Rank Of Captain In British Army by Ghostmode2two(m): 4:16pm On Mar 20, 2021
So nor be today our officers dey carry belle like pregnant women up and down. Is alright sha
Re: Chari Magumeri: First Nigerian To Be Promoted To Rank Of Captain In British Army by wonder233: 4:18pm On Mar 20, 2021
True talk... While the Southerners who pride themselves as "woke" are joining foreign militaries, the ultimate slavery
Nbotee:

Dat was before Nigeria gained independence... I doubt if any northerner these days would go serve in anoda country wen they can live here in Nigeria as kings
Re: Chari Magumeri: First Nigerian To Be Promoted To Rank Of Captain In British Army by perdollar(m): 4:46pm On Mar 20, 2021
Abba kyari magumeri. Great grand father of bokoharam and our supercop and buharis dead man. Ur boys r in charge of ur hometown. Owing to d violent nature of aboki and Muslims, they av high chance to succeed in anything that has to do wt violence.
Re: Chari Magumeri: First Nigerian To Be Promoted To Rank Of Captain In British Army by christistruth01: 7:30pm On Mar 20, 2021
perdollar:
Abba kyari magumeri. Great grand father of bokoharam and our supercop and buharis dead man. Ur boys r in charge of ur hometown. Owing to d violent nature of aboki and Muslims, they av high chance to succeed in anything that has to do wt violence.

Give honour to whom honour is due

He was a Loyal Soldier

He even looks very much like a no nonsense. Soldier
Re: Chari Magumeri: First Nigerian To Be Promoted To Rank Of Captain In British Army by BadEnglish(m): 7:36pm On Mar 20, 2021
IPOBTERRORISTS:
Wow! Magumeri RIP. Now Watch how Afonja Christian and fucking IPOB terrorists will tell us they own the german army and British monarchy

Shey omo leleyi bayi, abi ewure?

Re: Chari Magumeri: First Nigerian To Be Promoted To Rank Of Captain In British Army by Nobody: 8:09pm On Mar 20, 2021
Bornsinner7:
So no be today wey our soldiers dey run go join foreign army...

Why is the white guy putting on white neck tie?
Re: Chari Magumeri: First Nigerian To Be Promoted To Rank Of Captain In British Army by Rossikk(m): 9:16pm On Mar 20, 2021
Ibrahimmrfish:

I thought your naked ancestors were the reason.

You mean naked like this?

Now, can you see you are a stupid, brainwashed dunce?

What should we call them since they are naked?

Pigs? Dogs? Maggots?
Re: Chari Magumeri: First Nigerian To Be Promoted To Rank Of Captain In British Army by heendrix(m): 9:48pm On Mar 20, 2021
Babzrockman:
Is like in Borno state, if u are not an Abba u would be Kyari

grin grin grin
Re: Chari Magumeri: First Nigerian To Be Promoted To Rank Of Captain In British Army by Ayobami7(m): 9:54pm On Mar 20, 2021
ok
Re: Chari Magumeri: First Nigerian To Be Promoted To Rank Of Captain In British Army by icankel: 11:30pm On Mar 20, 2021
IPOBTERRORISTS:
Wow! Magumeri RIP. Now Watch how Afonja Christian and fucking IPOB terrorists will tell us they own the german army and British monarchy
and u happens to be a female
Re: Chari Magumeri: First Nigerian To Be Promoted To Rank Of Captain In British Army by sayisayi(m): 1:08am On Mar 21, 2021
Killa army aka butchers apron
Re: Chari Magumeri: First Nigerian To Be Promoted To Rank Of Captain In British Army by 9jaRealist: 4:51am On Mar 21, 2021
Bornsinner7:
So no be today wey our soldiers dey run go join foreign army...

Before Independence, Nigeria was part of the British Empire...
But when the mark V-Day these days, they never mention our great gramps who served in Burma. SMH

>
Re: Chari Magumeri: First Nigerian To Be Promoted To Rank Of Captain In British Army by OyinO: 7:50am On Mar 21, 2021
Ooni:
If I comment on the last pix now they'll say I'm racist.

You're not racist, you're ignorant, arrogant and brainwashed by inferiority complex and miseducation. You're an educated illiterate.
Re: Chari Magumeri: First Nigerian To Be Promoted To Rank Of Captain In British Army by Mikeiron78(m): 4:17pm On Mar 22, 2021
over it, he's no more a Nigerian, he's a citizen of UK,lol. I am a Nigerian descent and served in the U.S Military and it was the best decision of my life, I served 6 years and working for the dept. of defense as a civilian now. Nigeria has nothing to offer to any citizen not in the government.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Dumps Plastic I.D Card For Digital Identification / Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons / Reno Omokri Reports Obi And Baba-Ahmed To UK, US And EU On LGBTQ Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.