Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,458 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Cryptocurrency: Nigerians Are Free To Use Bitcoin - CBN - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cryptocurrency: Nigerians Are Free To Use Bitcoin - CBN (55158 Views)

Best Things In Life Are FREE: Business Owners And AFFILIATE Marketers Get In NOW / Kenyan Professor XN Iraki: Nigerians Are Taking Over Our Economy / More Than 60 Million Nigerians Are Unbanked – World Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cryptocurrency: Nigerians Are Free To Use Bitcoin - CBN by Starships4u(m): 4:16pm On Mar 20, 2021
Lori Iro
Re: Cryptocurrency: Nigerians Are Free To Use Bitcoin - CBN by nsiba: 4:16pm On Mar 20, 2021
M
Re: Cryptocurrency: Nigerians Are Free To Use Bitcoin - CBN by Nobody: 4:16pm On Mar 20, 2021
donbachi:
CBN..Confused Bank of Nigeria.
u have succeeded is making me laugh this afternoon
Re: Cryptocurrency: Nigerians Are Free To Use Bitcoin - CBN by gurunlocker: 4:16pm On Mar 20, 2021
This article simply shows how ignorant the guys are...
Re: Cryptocurrency: Nigerians Are Free To Use Bitcoin - CBN by MISTAICEY02288(m): 4:16pm On Mar 20, 2021
Idiots!

1 Like

Re: Cryptocurrency: Nigerians Are Free To Use Bitcoin - CBN by Racoon(m): 4:17pm On Mar 20, 2021
Lori iro! Useless liars! Stupid irresponsible government filled with chronic pathological liars everywhere.
Re: Cryptocurrency: Nigerians Are Free To Use Bitcoin - CBN by purplekayc(m): 4:19pm On Mar 20, 2021
Why the sudden reversal?

1 Like

Re: Cryptocurrency: Nigerians Are Free To Use Bitcoin - CBN by Karleb(m): 4:20pm On Mar 20, 2021
Idiot.
Re: Cryptocurrency: Nigerians Are Free To Use Bitcoin - CBN by Esty2505(f): 4:21pm On Mar 20, 2021
donbachi:
CBN..Confused Bank of Nigeria.
Ladies and gentlemen this is the perfect meaning for this news.

1 Like

Re: Cryptocurrency: Nigerians Are Free To Use Bitcoin - CBN by EpicNigerian(m): 4:21pm On Mar 20, 2021
Guys,read properly the Ban is still on.They don’t want you to exchange Naira notes with bitcoin.

And they don’t care if you do peer to peer transactions.

7 Likes

Re: Cryptocurrency: Nigerians Are Free To Use Bitcoin - CBN by PHIPEX(m): 4:22pm On Mar 20, 2021
Sounds like saying "I slapped you but I didn't mean to beat you"
Re: Cryptocurrency: Nigerians Are Free To Use Bitcoin - CBN by Charmingrascal(m): 4:25pm On Mar 20, 2021
Osinbanjo's influence.
Re: Cryptocurrency: Nigerians Are Free To Use Bitcoin - CBN by SweetVibe: 4:26pm On Mar 20, 2021
RichDad1:
This half baked Igbo economist again.
I’m sure if Emefiele were to be a northern, all these online urchins would be convulsing about his competence.
I thought he is from Agbor, Delta state?
and you people said deltas are not igbo, am I missing something?

4 Likes

Re: Cryptocurrency: Nigerians Are Free To Use Bitcoin - CBN by SenecaTheYonger: 4:26pm On Mar 20, 2021
We can now see the influence of WTO director on Nigeria lol
Re: Cryptocurrency: Nigerians Are Free To Use Bitcoin - CBN by naptu2: 4:27pm On Mar 20, 2021
Kai! I wonder how many people on this thread actually understood what was written in the article.

5 Likes

Re: Cryptocurrency: Nigerians Are Free To Use Bitcoin - CBN by sowilli: 4:28pm On Mar 20, 2021
jedisco:
They should let crypt0 be and fix the Naira which is in an abysmal state...if not, our reserves one day may be in bitc0in or the country may go borrowing in bitc0in from the likes of Tesla to fund projects.

Others have opposed it and later came around...
the world is confused..
Re: Cryptocurrency: Nigerians Are Free To Use Bitcoin - CBN by profmallor: 4:29pm On Mar 20, 2021
CBN under this Man has been the most confused ever, always eager to please his paymasters. Their policies are by trial and error. They are backing the Naira now with Billions to keep the exchange as it is, rather than just allowing crypto trading as it was and ease the pressure on sourcing of $$. When Naira become N600/1$ they would react again
Re: Cryptocurrency: Nigerians Are Free To Use Bitcoin - CBN by NinjaMetahuman: 4:29pm On Mar 20, 2021
I keep saying it

Fire emiefiele

He is the most useless cbn governor in history of any central bank.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cryptocurrency: Nigerians Are Free To Use Bitcoin - CBN by endsarrrs(f): 4:31pm On Mar 20, 2021
"Prohibit the transactions in the banking sector". Someone please explain to me what that means sad
Re: Cryptocurrency: Nigerians Are Free To Use Bitcoin - CBN by bizhop01: 4:31pm On Mar 20, 2021
I didn't listen to confuse government my bitcoin wallet is still intact.
Re: Cryptocurrency: Nigerians Are Free To Use Bitcoin - CBN by yazga: 4:34pm On Mar 20, 2021
naptu2:
Kai! I wonder how many people on this thread actually understood what was written in the artic kile.
Kindly educate me

2 Likes

Re: Cryptocurrency: Nigerians Are Free To Use Bitcoin - CBN by Toks2008(m): 4:34pm On Mar 20, 2021
But Seun still has it banned on naira land.

1 Like

Re: Cryptocurrency: Nigerians Are Free To Use Bitcoin - CBN by Masterito(m): 4:35pm On Mar 20, 2021
The truth is that CBN can't control cryptocurrencies.
AdmiralEmmy:

https://www.today.ng/business/finance/cbn-nigerians-free-bitcoin-353492/amp

CBN have come back to their senses
Re: Cryptocurrency: Nigerians Are Free To Use Bitcoin - CBN by wink2015(m): 4:35pm On Mar 20, 2021
Thanks to Professor Yemi Osinbajo.

The central bank have started to withdraw their earlier rigid position.

At least online merchant can source their bitcoin and use it to make payment quietly away from the banking sector that are not comfortable with crypto.

AT LEAST THAT RIGIDITY HAS REDUCED TO SOME EXTENT.

HOLY GHOST FIRE DON DEY TOUCH THEM !
Re: Cryptocurrency: Nigerians Are Free To Use Bitcoin - CBN by endsarrrs(f): 4:35pm On Mar 20, 2021
You observed well bro
EpicNigerian:
Guys,read properly the Ban is still on.They don’t want you to exchange Naira notes with bitcoin.

And they don’t care if you do peer to peer transactions.
truely most people didnt read to understand what the CBN said at the end of the line. Its still banned with banks.
Re: Cryptocurrency: Nigerians Are Free To Use Bitcoin - CBN by onunwa21(m): 4:35pm On Mar 20, 2021
Before na ur money!!!
Rubbish policy made by senseless people!!!
Re: Cryptocurrency: Nigerians Are Free To Use Bitcoin - CBN by Yoighaman(m): 4:36pm On Mar 20, 2021
jedisco:
They should let crypt0 be and fix the Naira which is in an abysmal state...if not, our reserves one day may be in bitc0in or the country may go borrowing in bitc0in from the likes of Tesla to fund projects.

Others have opposed it and later came around...

I love this.

Pure research with facts.

3 Likes

Re: Cryptocurrency: Nigerians Are Free To Use Bitcoin - CBN by freeman67: 4:37pm On Mar 20, 2021
berrystunn:
Lol

They came back after much explanation

Old men

They didn't come back from anywhere. They are still standing by what they said on it since 2017. And it is clearly reflected here. They did not band or ask people not to trade it.

1 Like

Re: Cryptocurrency: Nigerians Are Free To Use Bitcoin - CBN by endsarrrs(f): 4:39pm On Mar 20, 2021
Never a reversal
purplekayc:
Why the sudden reversal?
re-read the last line of the news to understand it better. Its still banned using banks

1 Like

Re: Cryptocurrency: Nigerians Are Free To Use Bitcoin - CBN by FBIBOT(m): 4:46pm On Mar 20, 2021
younowell:
Prohibition of bitcoins transactions in banks. Is that not a technical ban or am I missing something?

grin as if we can use ATM cards to purchase it.. If not for p2p

1 Like

Re: Cryptocurrency: Nigerians Are Free To Use Bitcoin - CBN by naptu2: 4:46pm On Mar 20, 2021
yazga:
Kindly educate me

It's very simple. Nothing has changed from their initial statement months ago. The bank did not outrightly say that they were banning cruptocurrency. What they did was to stop banks from participating in crypto transactions.

That's what they said then and that's what they restated now.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dangote Invests N63bn In Transit Support Services, Buys 3,500 Trucks / Femi Otedola And Family Invited To Buckingham Palace For Dinner In UK (photos) / Your Skrill/Neteller Account | Support Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.