Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,980 members, 7,835,280 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Tinubu/Ganduje 2023: APC Dumps Umahi. settles for All Moslem ticket - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu/Ganduje 2023: APC Dumps Umahi. settles for All Moslem ticket (3535 Views)

Tonto Dikeh Joins APC, Dumps ADC / Stella Oduah Decamps To APC, Dumps PDP (Video, Photos) / Nimi Barigha-Amange Joins APC, Dumps PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu/Ganduje 2023: APC Dumps Umahi. settles for All Moslem ticket by Warripikine: 7:34pm On Mar 20, 2021
A lack of powerful Christian politicians in the North means that the APC frontrunner Bola Tinubu will front an all-Muslim ticket for the next presidential elections in 2023 with Kano State Governor Abdullahi Ganduje tipped to be on the ticket.

Presidential hopeful, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, who is commonly referred to as the National Leader of the ruling party, the All Progressives Congress, and is credited with ensuring the victory of the President, Muhammadu Buhari, is currently in a fix regarding his choice of a running mate, close associates have told The Africa Report.

The daily emergence of support groups pushing his ‘2023 mandate’ may be seen as Tinubu’s subterranean moves.

Tinubu, who holds the sobriquet Jagaban a title bestowed on him by the Borgu Kingdom of northern Nigeria, is a Muslim from southern Nigeria.

Based on the usual practice of ‘power sharing’ in Nigerian politics, Tinubu, a former Governor of Lagos State, will be expected to choose a Christian running mate from northern Nigeria.

The North is critical to winning elections in Nigeria. Northern Nigeria has 19 states while the South has 17. Currently the South has 39.1 million registered voters while the North has 44.8 million, according to data from the Independent National Electoral Commission.

Tinubu’s associates fear that if he picks a Christian northerner, he may not be able to garner the needed votes from the North, a region that holds over half of the total voting population and has witnessed a larger voter turnout in every election in the last 20 years.

If Tinubu picks a northern Muslim, he will get more votes from the core north and can still secure votes from his South-West. That should be enough to win him the Presidency,”

Zoning’ presidency between north and south has been the practice since Nigeria adopted the American Presidential system of government in 1979, except during the botched 1993 election. In 1979, then Presidential candidate Shehu Shagari, a Muslim from the northern state of Sokoto, handpicked a southern Christian, Alex Ekueme, as his running mate.

Following Yar’Adua’s death, Jonathan was inaugurated as President and picked a northern Muslim, Namadi Sambo, as his deputy. However, this trend was almost broken in 2015 when Tinubu reportedly attempted to be the running mate to President Buhari.

According to a former Senate President, Bukola Saraki and political foe of Tinubu, tinubu saw nothing wrong in Nigeria having a President and Vice-President sharing the same religion during the 2015 electioneering, an anomaly in Nigeria, a nation deeply divided along ethnic and religious lines.

“As for Tinubu, we have never expected any good words from him. All his life, he will continue to belly ache and nurse grudges over my opposition to the Muslim-Muslim ticket idea in 2015. As far as he is concerned, I stopped him from realizing his ambition then. However, I believe my action then and now was in pursuit of national interest,” Saraki said in a statement in 2019.

Frontline northern Moslem candidates who could be paired with Tinubu include: Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State and Borno State Governor, Babagana Zulum.

https://www.theafricareport.com/72142/nigeria-will-tinubu-choose-a-muslim-running-mate-for-2023/

1 Share

Re: Tinubu/Ganduje 2023: APC Dumps Umahi. settles for All Moslem ticket by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:35pm On Mar 20, 2021
shocked

Is it not obvious that Tinubu is not even bothered about the killing and sacking of his tribesmen from their ancestral homes thereby making them take refuge in another man's land?

He's only concerned about his presidential ambition, that is to show you how wicked and self-centered Nigeria's politicians can be.

10 Likes

Re: Tinubu/Ganduje 2023: APC Dumps Umahi. settles for All Moslem ticket by Kaduna1stson: 7:35pm On Mar 20, 2021
He has agreed to sign all of lagos over to us, but we still need a northerner to be the VP so that if another YarAdua incident happens, you know the rest grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu/Ganduje 2023: APC Dumps Umahi. settles for All Moslem ticket by Jerryherd: 7:36pm On Mar 20, 2021
cool

Did he Tinubu Jagaban of Borgu Emirates tell you that or you are speculating

SGF Boss Mustapha is a Christian

Former Speaker Yakubu Dogara is a Christian from Bauchi

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu/Ganduje 2023: APC Dumps Umahi. settles for All Moslem ticket by Warripikine: 7:37pm On Mar 20, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
shocked
E shock you abi? Now you understand why this country needs to be restructured before 2023 or it is game over..
Tinubu only needs the north, he has kwara already and other APC south west states+ inec and its game over..
Re: Tinubu/Ganduje 2023: APC Dumps Umahi. settles for All Moslem ticket by Vaughanlanrewaj: 7:38pm On Mar 20, 2021
Warripikine:
Nigeria: Tinubu to choose a Muslim running mate for 2023.

A lack of powerful Christian politicians in the North means that the APC frontrunner Bola Tinubu will front an all-Muslim ticket for the next presidential elections in 2023 with Kano State Governor Abdullahi Ganduje tipped to be on the ticket.

Presidential hopeful, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, who is commonly referred to as the National Leader of the ruling party, the All Progressives Congress, and is credited with ensuring the victory of the President, Muhammadu Buhari, is currently in a fix regarding his choice of a running mate, close associates have told The Africa Report.

The daily emergence of support groups pushing his ‘2023 mandate’ may be seen as Tinubu’s subterranean moves.

Tinubu, who holds the sobriquet Jagaban a title bestowed on him by the Borgu Kingdom of northern Nigeria, is a Muslim from southern Nigeria.

Based on the usual practice of ‘power sharing’ in Nigerian politics, Tinubu, a former Governor of Lagos State, will be expected to choose a Christian running mate from northern Nigeria.

The North is critical to winning elections in Nigeria. Northern Nigeria has 19 states while the South has 17. Currently the South has 39.1 million registered voters while the North has 44.8 million, according to data from the Independent National Electoral Commission.

Tinubu’s associates fear that if he picks a Christian northerner, he may not be able to garner the needed votes from the North, a region that holds over half of the total voting population and has witnessed a larger voter turnout in every election in the last 20 years.

If Tinubu picks a northern Muslim, he will get more votes from the core north and can still secure votes from his South-West. That should be enough to win him the Presidency,”

Zoning’ presidency between north and south has been the practice since Nigeria adopted the American Presidential system of government in 1979, except during the botched 1993 election. In 1979, then Presidential candidate Shehu Shagari, a Muslim from the northern state of Sokoto, handpicked a southern Christian, Alex Ekueme, as his running mate.

Following Yar’Adua’s death, Jonathan was inaugurated as President and picked a northern Muslim, Namadi Sambo, as his deputy. However, this trend was almost broken in 2015 when Tinubu reportedly attempted to be the running mate to President Buhari.

According to a former Senate President, Bukola Saraki and political foe of Tinubu, tinubu saw nothing wrong in Nigeria having a President and Vice-President sharing the same religion during the 2015 electioneering, an anomaly in Nigeria, a nation deeply divided along ethnic and religious lines.

“As for Tinubu, we have never expected any good words from him. All his life, he will continue to belly ache and nurse grudges over my opposition to the Muslim-Muslim ticket idea in 2015. As far as he is concerned, I stopped him from realizing his ambition then. However, I believe my action then and now was in pursuit of national interest,” Saraki said in a statement in 2019.

Frontline northern Moslem candidates who could be paired with Tinubu include: Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State and Borno State Governor, Babagana Zulum.

https://www.theafricareport.com/72142/nigeria-will-tinubu-choose-a-muslim-running-mate-for-2023/

Whether Muslim-Muslim o or Muslim-Christian,
on Asiwaju Tinubu I stand.
Bauchi has already started the move. https://www./164533067827074/permalink/767038057576569/

After EndSars failed to kill him,attempt to burn down Lagos to ashes failed, they concocted the fake news of 78 people dead with attempt to pith him against his base and when that failed woefully that Lagos even endorsed Asiwaju with a Lagos East Senatorial District landslide election, they brought out a campaign of insurrection in his SW zone now but God pass them as they have failed again.

Bring your candidate, I have mine and let's compare how they gave account of their stewardship in office. If you vote Asiwaju Tinubu, all the success we record in Lagos will be replicated at the centre to continue where the current administration will stop.

He was completely fair to all tribes and he made them call Lagos home with even free education for them all A vote for Asiwaju Tinubu in 2023 is the desire of every patriot. Join the patriots today.

Let's vote Asiwaju for President in 2023.He deserves it as leader of leaders and a true patriot .For free stuffs, visit www.freestuffsng.com

11 Likes

Re: Tinubu/Ganduje 2023: APC Dumps Umahi. settles for All Moslem ticket by Kzinne: 7:39pm On Mar 20, 2021
Re: Tinubu/Ganduje 2023: APC Dumps Umahi. settles for All Moslem ticket by Warripikine: 7:43pm On Mar 20, 2021
Jerryherd:
cool

Did he Tinubu Jagaban of Borgu Emirates tell you that or you are speculating

SGF Boss Mustapha is a Christian

Former Speaker Yakubu Dogara is a Christian

Boss Mustapha is not a strong grassroots politician and has no political base”,
Morover, “His [Mustapha]’s state of Adamawa is led by the PDP.
Re: Tinubu/Ganduje 2023: APC Dumps Umahi. settles for All Moslem ticket by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:49pm On Mar 20, 2021
Warripikine:

E shock you abi? Now you understand why this country needs to be restructured before 2023 or it is game over..
Tinubu only needs the north, he has kwara already and other APC south west states+ inec and its game over..
It doesn't concern me if he has Nigeria as a whole, but, A Leader That Can't Speak Up For His People When They Are Being Slaughtered Like A Goat Is A Wicked Leader.

Lest I forget, I hope Tinubu can predict tomorrow also?
Re: Tinubu/Ganduje 2023: APC Dumps Umahi. settles for All Moslem ticket by Vaughanlanrewaj: 7:49pm On Mar 20, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
shocked

Is it not obvious that Tinubu is not even bothered about the killing and sacking of his tribesmen from their ancestral homes thereby making them take refuge in another man's land?

He's only concerned about his presidential ambition, that is to show you how wicked and self-centered Nigeria's politicians can be.

The same people who failed to stop him with endSars are behind the campaign of insurrection. He knows and trust me, by the time push cones to shove, they will eventually fall back into line. Who do you think is sponsoring them. They want him to keep "reacting" to every distraction so he loses focus. Let police and governors of those states do their job. Asiwaju is not even a Political office holder or in control of police or anything so why will Asiwaju be reacting like chemical after sharing his advice in an elaborate brilliant press release to address the issue sir?
Asiwaju is not part of them and he is a Patriot. For latest free stuff in Lagos,www.freestuffs.com

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu/Ganduje 2023: APC Dumps Umahi. settles for All Moslem ticket by Jerryherd: 7:50pm On Mar 20, 2021
Warripikine:

Boss Mustapha is not a strong grassroots politician and has no political base”,
Morover, “His [Mustapha]’s state of Adamawa is led by the PDP.

A smart man like Tinubu would never ever pick a strong VP he would rather solicit Muslim support in the North himself....

1 Like

Re: Tinubu/Ganduje 2023: APC Dumps Umahi. settles for All Moslem ticket by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:53pm On Mar 20, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

The same people who failed to stop him with endSars are behind the campaign of insurrection. He knows and trust me, by the time push cones to shove, they will eventually fall back into line. Who do you think is sponsoring them. They want him to keep "reacting" to every distraction so he loses focus. Let police and governors of those states do their job. Asiwaju is not even a Political office holder or in control of police or anything so why will Asiwaju be reacting like chemical after sharing his advice in an elaborate brilliant press release to address the issue sir?
Asiwaju is not part of them and he is a Patriot
Wow! So, a leader must be "Political Office Holder" before standing up for his people?

I'm Amazed I Swear.

If Tinubu Becomes The President Tomorrow I Know It Won't Benefit Me As An Average Nigerian Neither Will It Benefit You Also Because, He'll Still Come And Go And Nigeria Will Remain The Same.

If I Should Ask You, How Did An Average Yoruba Man Benefited From Obasanjo's Presidency??
Re: Tinubu/Ganduje 2023: APC Dumps Umahi. settles for All Moslem ticket by Iegendhero: 7:53pm On Mar 20, 2021
Tinubu is now living rent free in the head of all these haters.

Tinubu this Tinubu that everyday bi ekun apoko’je.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu/Ganduje 2023: APC Dumps Umahi. settles for All Moslem ticket by nairalandankrah: 7:54pm On Mar 20, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
It doesn't concern me if he has Nigeria as a whole, but, A Leader That Can't Speak Up For His People When They Are Being Slaughtered Like A Goat Is A Wicked Leader.

Lest I forget, I hope Tinubu can predict tomorrow also?

No wonder he has been silent all this while despite the killing and slaughtering of his people..
He do not want to offend the north and hurt his presidential ambition.. He must please the north or no president for him..
Wow...local man is wowwedd
Re: Tinubu/Ganduje 2023: APC Dumps Umahi. settles for All Moslem ticket by Vaughanlanrewaj: 7:57pm On Mar 20, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
Wow! So, a leader must be "Political Office Holder" before standing up for his people?

I'm Amazed I Swear
Okay sir. Let us use your logic.
You are a leader then so please give order to DSS and Police to go take on kidnappers, terrorists and insurrectionists. After all, some people are paid and dedicated to this job.
The whole game is to take the fight to his base to keep him distracted but it has failed.
All patriots like us want is to get a true Patriot into that exalted office and it is motivated by genuine conviction. That is why I want you to present your own candidate. I have presented mine. He is Asiwaju and it is on his candidacy I stand.

For those who didn't know that Asiwaju Tinubu gave his stand on the farmer herder crisis, please read it here https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/03/13/tinubu-speaks-on-herder-farmer-crisis-asks-buhari-to-hold-stakeholders-meeting/

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu/Ganduje 2023: APC Dumps Umahi. settles for All Moslem ticket by Oracleforce: 8:02pm On Mar 20, 2021
Tinubu should forget about his political ambition because even in Lagos State, he can win....

he is not marketable....and not a political leader we need at this point...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu/Ganduje 2023: APC Dumps Umahi. settles for All Moslem ticket by Jerryherd: 8:03pm On Mar 20, 2021
nairalandankrah:

No wonder he has been silent all this while despite the killing and slaughtering of his people..
He do not want to offend the north and hurt his presidential ambition.. He must please the north or no president for him..
Wow...local man is wowwedd

Atleast Tinubu wrote something and suggested solutions

What has Peter Obi, Orji Kalu, Rochas Okorocha, Ekweremadu, Abaribe said about killing of your own people

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu/Ganduje 2023: APC Dumps Umahi. settles for All Moslem ticket by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:03pm On Mar 20, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

Okay sir. Let us use your logic.
You are a leader then so please give order to DSS and Police to go take on kidnappers, terrorists and insurrectionists. After all, some people are paid and dedicated to this job.
The whole game is to take the fight to his base to keep him distracted but it has failed.
So, to you, speaking up for your people is ordering DSS or Police to take on the people you mentioned above?

I'm Amazed again.

N:B - There's a great difference between A Leader and A Ruler.

Goodnight
Re: Tinubu/Ganduje 2023: APC Dumps Umahi. settles for All Moslem ticket by Jimasun: 8:06pm On Mar 20, 2021
Another useless fake report
Re: Tinubu/Ganduje 2023: APC Dumps Umahi. settles for All Moslem ticket by Nobody: 8:06pm On Mar 20, 2021
The fulanization of Delta is in the hand of sheik Askari Dankubo the leader of the faithful in alaigbo.

Salam alekun tongue

1 Like

Re: Tinubu/Ganduje 2023: APC Dumps Umahi. settles for All Moslem ticket by bcomputer101: 8:07pm On Mar 20, 2021
He can only be the president of Iragbaji national association

1 Like

Re: Tinubu/Ganduje 2023: APC Dumps Umahi. settles for All Moslem ticket by Vaughanlanrewaj: 8:08pm On Mar 20, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
So, to you, speaking up for your people is ordering DSS or Police to take on the people you mentioned above?

I'm Amazed again.

N:B - There's a great difference between A Leader and A Ruler.

Goodnight
Since it appears I need to find Asiwaju's stand on the Farmer-Herders issue, here it is sir.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/03/13/tinubu-speaks-on-herder-farmer-crisis-asks-buhari-to-hold-stakeholders-meeting/

Please read. Thank you and good night sir.
Re: Tinubu/Ganduje 2023: APC Dumps Umahi. settles for All Moslem ticket by youngestuk(m): 8:09pm On Mar 20, 2021
I marine how youth are glamouring for old men who has destroy this country. I sorry for this country. Don’t we have more credible youth to take this country forward. Chai, now I know why Jesus wept... He burst cryyyy

1 Like

Re: Tinubu/Ganduje 2023: APC Dumps Umahi. settles for All Moslem ticket by stonemasonn: 8:11pm On Mar 20, 2021
Why not Osinbajo/Ganduje?

With what is happening in Kwara, Benue and Southern Kaduna, don't underestimate the resolve of Northern Christians.
Re: Tinubu/Ganduje 2023: APC Dumps Umahi. settles for All Moslem ticket by funshint(m): 8:19pm On Mar 20, 2021
Whoever North decides to choose as vice doesn't matter 'cos SW doesn't vote based on religion. Tinubu should even worry less over who's selected as his vice. Let the North answer that question. In Jagaban we stand!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu/Ganduje 2023: APC Dumps Umahi. settles for All Moslem ticket by funshint(m): 8:24pm On Mar 20, 2021
bcomputer101:
He can only be the president of Iragbaji national association
Hmmn chest beating at it's peak. Chill till you see him on TV take his oath as the next president of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu/Ganduje 2023: APC Dumps Umahi. settles for All Moslem ticket by nairalandankrah: 8:32pm On Mar 20, 2021
Jerryherd:

Atleast Tinubu wrote something and suggested solutions

What has Peter Obi, Orji Kalu, Rochas Okorocha, Ekweremadu, Abaribe said about killing of your own people

you dont understand do you?
Minus abaribe, every damn one of them can go to hell and I dont give a fvck about their tribe..
Hope you get the point now?
Re: Tinubu/Ganduje 2023: APC Dumps Umahi. settles for All Moslem ticket by Nobody: 8:34pm On Mar 20, 2021
Nothing can stop us in the North from backing BAT candidacy, his political structure is being manifested with large group of followers; many conspiracy theories are created to bring him down, from home base bigotic enemies to Endsars protest to the current Hausa-Fulani conflict with Yoruba not knowing that as much as Tinubu is alive there are millions ways to sell him to the right thinking Nigerians. You can call us illiterates, almajiri and all sort of mockeries but when it comes to "game of throne" we're the masters of that game. There is no any of the current uprises that we don't understand the motives behind.
All bigotic utterances of Afenifere, OPC & Igboho are obvious to us, they're children in the game as they don't have anything to hide for us.
Wether BAT decide to run with Christian, Muslim or Traditionalist it doesn't matter to us, all we want is BAT 2023!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu/Ganduje 2023: APC Dumps Umahi. settles for All Moslem ticket by butterfly777(m): 8:37pm On Mar 20, 2021
Let them plan all they want. But as for me and my fellow Yorubas, we are going Oodua Republic before 2023.

God bless Oodua Republic. The land of peace and development.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu/Ganduje 2023: APC Dumps Umahi. settles for All Moslem ticket by nairalandankrah: 9:17pm On Mar 20, 2021
youngestuk:
I marine how youth are glamouring for old men who has destroy this country. I sorry for this country. Don’t we have more credible youth to take this country forward. Chai, now I know why Jesus wept... He burst cryyyy

What do you expect from a Tinubu supporter?
The poster may not be a youth though...

1 Like

Re: Tinubu/Ganduje 2023: APC Dumps Umahi. settles for All Moslem ticket by Yahman1(m): 9:56pm On Mar 20, 2021
youngestuk:
Na Paid agents Dem be

(1) (2) (Reply)

Watch Ogun Governor Disgraced SA Spraying Dollar At A Party Last Month / We Need To Talk About This Boasting!!! / Governor Of Lagos State 2007!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.