Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,266 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Why Most Pastors Are Going To Hell - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Most Pastors Are Going To Hell (5298 Views)

Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor / “These Top Nigerian Pastors Are Candidates Of Hell Fire” – 7rys Old Girl. / Why Do Most Pastors' Kids Misbehave? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Most Pastors Are Going To Hell by UncleDaddy: 10:06pm On Apr 14, 2011
The above title was given to this article in order to captivate the inquisitive and stimulate neurons of  the intellectually minded. We have been given a great gift. The ability to question, analyse, solve problems, seeks answers and know the truth.

John 8: 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

I implore you to scrutinise, question and test the validity of everything I say. I will use scriptures to back every phrase, quote, suggestion or fact. This way you too can test the spirit behind my writing.

Please note, although not all Pastors are false prophets, most are based on the fruits of their works today. I will also justify the title of this article using the following scriptures:

Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Mathew 24:4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Christ, and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.

I will only use the scripture to justify that most Pastor's these days are false prophets and I will show you how to identify them all.

A great deal of Christians are following false doctrines and being led straight to hell and they are unaware because their motives are also wrong.

First of all let's get one thing straight. We are all Christians because of our Lord Jesus Christ and we are led by Pastors because they are called by our Lord Jesus Christ to teach and instruct us based on the word.

I will now use the same word to expose the false ones.

Since the very existence of a Pastor is to follow Jesus and teach the words of Jesus to his flocks, my dear friends now listen to what Jesus said with his own mouth:

Matthew 16:24
Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.

Mathew 20:26
26Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, 27 and whoever wants to be first must be your slave— 28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

Jesus said this not me! Deny yourself of your own desires and follow him. Even Jesus Christ came to serve and give his life for us all.

Today Pastor's use the tithes and offerings of their congregation to live in:
£1million pound homes
drive luxury cars
Buy a jet, an air field and counting
Build schools with your own money and charge you excessively to have your children school there
A lot of them use the excuse of: "They make revenue from their books" Hold up a second! These books you are writing, are they not inspirations from the Holy Spirit for Jesus said in

John 15:26 "When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of Truth who comes from the Father, he will testify on my behalf.

So every inspiration you get to write a book according to the leading of the Holy Spirit is from Jesus Christ but hold up! Thinking cap now,  Jesus also said:

Mathew 10:8 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.

So why are they selling the books? They need money for the church right? Ok let shed some light on this as well.

What message are they supposed to preach actually? Jesus said:

Mathew 10:7 As you go, preach this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven is near.’

What was that? Where in there do I see:

Prosperity preaching
Get rich quick - gamble with God - Give £1000 and get 100 folds
Breakthrough offerings
and so many other scams!

Jesus said in verse 8 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy,b drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.

And in verse 9 Do not take along any gold or silver or copper in your belts; 10take no bag for the journey, or extra tunic, or sandals or a staff; for the worker is worth his keep.

OMG! A worker is worth his keep! So as a Pastor you are a worker in the church and you are worth your keep.

Are you ready for more?

Here we go,

Verse 38 and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

In simple english. If you forsake the things of this world and follow Jesus you will find your life but if you follow the things of this world, God will buy you a house, got will make you rich, God will kill your enemies etc you will lose your life. OMG!!!

Now let me tell you something most Pastors don't tell you. Prosperity preaching is a lie. Breakthrough preaching is a lie, anything that gives you a sense of things "Get Rich Quick - Just Do this and You Get this" is a lie.

Now let me now destroy some sinful traditions in church which us folks don't know is wrong because we refuse to read our bible:

1. Standing up to give money in church is wrong. Pastor's that tell you to do this are using emotional blackmail and are phycologically scamming you. They use numbers that represent God like 7 and tell you that God completed the heaven and earth in 7 days, pray and fast for 7 days and give an offering of £700 for example. It's a scam and I will prove it to you now:

Jesus said:
Mathew 6:1“Be careful not to do your ‘acts of righteousness’ before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
2“So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 3But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

OMG! Did Jesus just say that? Nooor! Are you serious? Yep!

So now you know that the next time your Pastor tells you to stand up to give an offering in full view of everyone  or come to front of church and do it, you know he is a false Prophet!

2. Praying and thinking you will be heard for your many words. Spending 7 nights praying for something and still no answer and then you need breakthrough prayer, intercession prayer, deliverance prayer and God knows what. Jesus said o!

Mathew 6:5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 6But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

Jesus said, do not think you will be heard for your many words for your father knows what you need even before you ask.

So what then are we supposed to do if what these Pastors have been telling us to do is a big lie. Well very very simple, read your bible my friend,

Jesus then went on to say:

Mathew 6: 25“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear.  31So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

So now you know. You no longer have to give breakthrough offerings, give prosperity offerings or have 30 days prayer and fasting to actually have your prayers answered. Jesus said it plainly. Seek first the Kingdom of God and everything, he means everything you need and want will be added on to you for he knows what you want before you ask so why repeat it 1000 times and give away your hard earned cash for what he was going to give to you anyway.

Wake up and stop being a fool! Read your bible.

Also guess what?

Pastors are not high priest, Jesus is the head of the church and the only high priest. They are not to be worshiped, served fanatically and blindly or turned into a matar  demi god.

Stop calling Pastors your spiritual father as it's not actually right because Jesus once again said:

Mathew 23:9 And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.

What most Pastors will never tell you is this:

Solomon did not get rich because he asked for wisdom or even because he gave 1000 burnt offerings. That is a big lie. Solomon became extremely rich because he asked for the wisdom to rule the great Kindgom of God. He followed Jesus commandment - Seek first the Kindgom of God - Check it out:

I Kings 3:9 "Therefore give to Your servant an understanding heart to judge Your people (kingdom), that I may discern between good and evil. For who is able to judge this great people (kindgom) of Yours?"

What is a Kindgom?
A political or territorial unit ruled by a sovereign. It takes people, land and resouces to have a Kingdom

The God almighty answered:

1 King 3:10 The Lord was pleased that Solomon had asked for this. 11 So God said to him, “Since you have asked for this and not for long life or wealth for yourself, nor have asked for the death of your enemies but for discernment in administering justice, 12I will do what you have asked. I will give you a wise and discerning heart, so that there will never have been anyone like you, nor will there ever be.13Moreover, I will give you what you have not asked for—both riches and honor—so that in your lifetime you will have no equal among kings. 14And if you walk in my ways and obey my statutes and commands as David your father did, I will give you a long life.”15Then Solomon awoke—and he realized it had been a dream.

Now there you have it. Finally, what it actually takes to have your prayers answered. Not money, not some jumbled up story of breakthrough and deliverance. Your father's curse needs to be broken bull poo (excuse my language) but simply seeking to do God's will and you don't even need to ask for your prayers to be answered as he will answer them as Jesus said.

Now to prove to you why prayers which are about your selfish needs never get answered, here we go:

James 4:3 When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.

Ye! pa!! Did you just read that, your prayers in relation to fullfilling your pleasures will not be answered because your motives are wrong.

So why have these Pastor's been preaching based on prosperity when it is clearly wrong and why do so many listen?

What will happen to them?

Oh I have the right answer for that one and I will only use scriptures this time:

Jeremiah 23: 1“Woe to the shepherds (pastors) who are destroying and scattering the sheep of my pasture!” declares the LORD. 2Therefore this is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says to the shepherds (pastors) who tend my people: “Because you have scattered my flock and driven them away and have not bestowed care on them (abuse sexually, molested, scammed, betrayed), I will bestow punishment on you for the evil you have done,” declares the LORD. 3“I myself will gather the remnant of my flock out of all the countries where I have driven them and will bring them back to their pasture, where they will be fruitful and increase in number. 4I will place shepherds (real men of God) over them who will tend them, and they will no longer be afraid or terrified, nor will any be missing,” declares the LORD.

John 4:24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.

Jeremiah23: 10The land is full of adulterers;
because of the curseb the land lies parched
and the pastures in the desert are withered.
The [prophets] follow an evil course
and use their power unjustly.
11“Both prophet and priest are godless;
even in my temple I find their wickedness,”
declares the LORD.
12“Therefore their path will become slippery;
they will be banished to darkness
and there they will fall.
I will bring disaster on them
in the year they are punished,”
declares the LORD.
13“Among the prophets of Samaria
I saw this repulsive thing:
They prophesied by Baal
and led my people Israel astray.
14And among the prophets of Jerusalem
I have seen something horrible:
They commit adultery and live a lie.
They strengthen the hands of evildoers,
so that no one turns from his wickedness.
They are all like Sodom to me;
the people of Jerusalem are like Gomorrah.”
16This is what the LORD Almighty says:

What you must now do:

Jeremiah23:16
“Do not listen to what the prophets are prophesying to you;
they fill you with false hopes.
They speak visions from their own minds,
not from the mouth of the LORD.
17They keep saying to those who despise me,
‘The LORD says: You will have peace.’
And to all who follow the stubbornness of their hearts
they say, ‘No harm will come to you.’
18But which of them has stood in the council of the LORD
to see or to hear his word?
Who has listened and heard his word?

God clearly says:
Jeremiah 23:21I did not send these prophets,
yet they have run with their message;
I did not speak to them,
yet they have prophesied.
22But if they had stood in my council,
they would have proclaimed my words to my people
and would have turned them from their evil ways
and from their evil deeds.

These people have taken your money and enriched themselves and you are afraid to say a word because of the phrase touch not my anointed. You forget to understand that you as a Christian are among the anointed and not just the Pastor. You forget that God requires us to test every spirit:

1 John 4:1 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

You also forget that Jesus said:

Mathew 7:21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

and you must always remember, that many will drive out demons in Jesus name, many will heal the sick in Jesus name but on the day of judgement Jesus will deny them because they were false prophets. Once again I will back this up:

Mathew 7:15 "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.

Now let's talk about the Pastors with private air space, jets, £2million pound homes, luxury cars and seriously the members who idolise and worship them:

First of all this is what Jesus says about serving God and Money:

Mathew 6:24
“No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.

So as a Pastor, you are either about the Kindgom of God - Fisher's of men or making money. You can't do both.

Mark 1:17 Jesus said: "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Not fishers of money.

As a result you are to store up treasures in heaven by winning souls and living an holy and just life. Worshipping God in spirit and truth. This way you store up treasures in Heaven

Mathew 6:19
1“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.

Jesus then said in verse 21For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Any Pastor that talks more about money and getting you to give offerings in a manner that is not of God is literally telling you his heart is with money and not God.

So what then are we supposed to do now?
First of all let me tell you what the tithes and offerings is supposed to be used for. Using scriptures and not my own understanding I will just state it and you make up your own mind:

If the church today does anything closely related to what the first Church of Christ did we would not have any cause to complain:

Acts 2:42
They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. 43Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. 44All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. 46Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.

The church brought their possessions together and shared it among all who had needs and not to enrich the apostles. What's the difference between today's church and then? The greed and deception of fake Pastors.

Now most Pastors will take base the tithes and offerings on the old testament. Let's go there:

Deuteronomy 14:22
Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year. 23Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the LORD your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the LORD your God always. 24But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the LORD your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the LORD will choose to put his Name is so far away), 25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the LORD your God will choose. 26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the LORD your God and rejoice. 27 And do not neglect the Levites (Pastors in those days)  living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own.
28 At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns, 29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the aliens, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the LORD your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.

The Pastor is also a worker. Why? Because Jesus said so!

Mathew10:9 Do not take along any gold or silver or copper in your belts; 10 take no bag for the journey, or extra tunic, or sandals or a staff; for the worker is worth his keep.

OMG!!!

Once again, the tithes and the offerings is supposed to be for the workers (which includes the priest), the stranger, the fatherless, widows, poors  and yourselves. Not only for the Pastor!!!!!!

I have been called the antichrist because I speak the truth. I have been called a hypocrite because I expose wrong doing and I have been called judgmental because I refuse to be quiet but the scriptures don't lie.

These fake Pastors have figured out the innate selfish nature of man and capitalised that weakness.

People have failed to read the bible themselve and persish as a result. The bible says: My people perish for lack of knowledge. Note, not the world but Christians.

Hosea 4: 6 (KJV) My people perish from a lack of knowledg

The reason most are falling for these fake pastors is because only a wicked and adulterous nation crave for for miracles, signs and wonders - Mathew 12:9

They don't want to do the hard work of worshipping God in spirit and truth which requires actually reading the bible and meditating on it day and night. They forget what the scripture says:

Psalm 1
1Blessed is the man
who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
or stand in the way of sinners
or sit in the seat of mockers.
2But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
and on his law he meditates day and night.
3He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.

You don't need to worship Pastors anymore people you just need to serve God in spirit and in truth. Be real with God, be honest for God said:

Ecclesiastes 5:2 Do not be quick with your mouth, do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God. God is in heaven and you are on earth, so let your words be few.

Go rather to listen for the bible says in Job:

14For God does speak—now one way, now another—
though man may not perceive it.
15In a dream, in a vision of the night,
when deep sleep falls on men
as they slumber in their beds,
16he may speak in their ears
and terrify them with warnings,
17to turn man from wrongdoing
and keep him from pride,
18to preserve his soul from the pit,b
his life from perishing by the sword.

We have forgotten that our very existence is a miracle. The fact that our DNA is 99.9% ape yet apes do not have the ability to reason, build, create, innovate, inspire, motivate, interact, communicate and relate the way mankind does. All you need to do is look around you, look at how a flower blossoms, study the growth pattern of a tree, investigate the nature and political system of the ant, admire the organised chaos created by bees and marvel at the formation and migration of swarms of locusts.

You don't need a miracle to know your life is a miracle and very existence is a miracle. No drug actually heals a desease, it just gives your immune system the ability to understand how to fight a virus. Your body is a living and self healing machine. A big bang did not create that and it does not take seeing a miracle to know that.

So where am I going with this?

My dear friend, you have been lied to too many times if you are among those following prosperity based churches.

Seek first the Kindgom of God and everything else will be added on to you.

Ignorance don did it again!

[img]http://[img]http://[img]http://[/img][/img][/img]
Re: Why Most Pastors Are Going To Hell by mrmayor(m): 10:11pm On Apr 14, 2011
@ Uncledaddy,

Next time break down your post into three or four parts, its too long! angry
Re: Why Most Pastors Are Going To Hell by oderemo(m): 8:51am On Apr 15, 2011
@uncledaddy, most pastors are hell bound any way cos most are not of the lord.
and '@ YOUR POST will finsh reading it by next month. trust me.
Re: Why Most Pastors Are Going To Hell by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 15, 2011
If pastors can use the verses below to claim that tithing was before the law and for this reason they can collect tithes when the event below related to the people and goods of Sodom and Gomorrah, then these pastors that collect tithes are hell bond as they are lovers of money and not Jesus.

{
Genesis 14
18. And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.

19. And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:

20. And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.
}

{
Genesis 14
21 The king of Sodom said to Abram, “Give me the people and keep the goods for yourself.”

22 But Abram said to the king of Sodom, “With raised hand I have sworn an oath to the LORD, God Most High, Creator of heaven and earth,

23 that I will accept nothing belonging to you, not even a thread or the strap of a sandal, so that you will never be able to say, ‘I made Abram rich.’

24 I will accept nothing but what my men have eaten and the share that belongs to the men who went with me—to Aner, Eshkol and Mamre. Let them have their share.”
}

(1) (Reply)

10 Questions For Christians / Do You Believe That Allah Is Same As Jehovah?: Vote / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.