Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq (2309 Views)

Military Invades & Burns Ehime Mbano, Imo Over The Killing Of Officers / Imo Police Repel Attack On Isiala Mbano Police Station / Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Kill 6 Policemen, 1 Soldier (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by myright: 10:53pm On Mar 20, 2021

1 Like

Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by Nobody: 11:35pm On Mar 20, 2021
grin
Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by Nigeriabiafra82: 11:57pm On Mar 20, 2021
Bandit again
Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by peacekante: 12:00am On Mar 21, 2021
The only reason I am not happy about this news is that I am from south East. I would have Celebrated it just to mock these useless IPOB members. But I know what will play out in the coming weeks will harm my region sadly cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by OdumegwuOjukwu: 12:11am On Mar 21, 2021
peacekante:
The only reason I am not happy about this news is that I am from south East. I would have Celebrated it just to mock these useless IPOB members. But I know what will play out in the coming weeks will harm my region sadly cry

You're right that the army will come looking for reprisal. They have come several times to kill those who were chanting songs on the streets, and those playing football on the pitch. So the coming of soldiers, and making life miserable for the people of the South East is not new, and it's on-going as we speak. So whether the Army will come is a foregone conclusion.

But what I don't know is whether it is better for the Army to come and shoot unarmed protesters or armed unknown gunmen/armed protester.

18 Likes

Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by TheNeededShock(m): 12:25am On Mar 21, 2021
OdumegwuOjukwu:

You're right that the army will come looking for reprisal. They have come several times to kill those who are chanting songs on the streets, and those playing football on the pitch. So the coming of soldiers, and making live miserable for the people of the South East is not new, and it's on-going as we speak. So whether the Army will come is a foregone conclusion.

But what I don't know is whether it is better for the Army to come and shoot unarmed protesters or armed unknown gunmen/armed protester.

Yeah quite logical, but armed protesters are only giving the army a legitimate excuse to kill both armed and even unarmed and forget about international out cry or sympathy, you may not believe it but someone is going to answer for the crimes at lekki tollgate and discussions have already started in the american Congress, attacking the nigerian army with mere AK47s is simply stupid and suicidal and tbh there's nothing brave about that. Confrontation is exactly what the army wants so it would be an excuse to bomb out and make the south east another north east= instability= more economic migrants coming into the south west.
Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by castrogee(m): 12:25am On Mar 21, 2021
It's begining to load!

For years we've been warning about the derelict acts of police and military brutality in the South East. When we complain, the rest of Nigeria threatens us with a repeat of 1967, but unfortunately what they don't know is that he who is down fears no fall.

The unknown gunmen have now come out to say ENOUGH! and beleive it or not, (we can hyperventilate from here till thy kingdom come,) no power can quench the fury of these gunmen. These boys are not fighting to live, they are fighting to die and unfortunately also, your police and army are not ready to die for Nigeria, and neither is anyone willing to die for this useless country. So we can all safely expect to see an increase in the activities of the unknown gunmen in weeks and months to come.

As for me, I'm indifferent to the whole thing. Cus I've always known that a time like this will come. I'm only surprise that it came a bit late.

4 Likes

Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by OdumegwuOjukwu: 12:32am On Mar 21, 2021
TheNeededShock:

Yeah quite logical, but armed protesters are only giving the army a legitimate excuse to kill both armed and even unarmed and forget about international out cry or sympathy, you may not believe it but someone is going to answer for the crimes at lekki tollgate and discussions have already started in the american Congress, attacking the nigerian army with mere AK47s is simply stupid and suicidal and tbh there's nothing brave about that. Confrontation is exactly what the army wants so it would be an excuse to bomb out and make the south east another north east= instability= more economic migrants coming into the south west.

I am not talking about Lekki Toll gate shooting.

How many people were killed in Lekki Toll shooting versus the hundreds that have been killed in the South East in the name of stopping IPOB from protesting? What was the justification for shooting unarmed protesters in Igboland between 2015 to date? What was the justification for killing and dumping over 200 people in Ezu River in Anambra?

My point is that the Nigeria Security apparatus don't need any excuse to kill civilians especially in Igboland. So this 'unknown gunmen' phenomenon is not any justification at all. If you ask me, it's more like a deterrent if well organised.

5 Likes

Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by alfasexy: 12:56am On Mar 21, 2021
TheNeededShock:

How many countries in the world are fighting different sections of its populations? What army does that?

9 Likes

Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by amuwo1980: 1:01am On Mar 21, 2021
It have to get to this point and more , it is better than dying slowly like the igbos have been under since the past 50yrs and you are sure the Nigerian army will have fun ? Think twice buddy for you are flesh and blood too and this fight can take place every where too in different forms

6 Likes

Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by TheNeededShock(m): 1:13am On Mar 21, 2021
OdumegwuOjukwu:

I am not talking about Lekki Toll gate shooting.

How many people were killed in Lekki Toll shooting versus the hundreds that have been killed in the South East in the name of stopping IPOB from protesting? What was the justification for shooting unarmed protesters in Igboland between 2015 to date? What was the justification for killing and dumping over 200 people in Ezu River in Anambra?

My point is that the Nigeria Security apparatus don't need any excuse to kill civilians especially in Igboland. So this 'unknown gunmen' phenomenon is not any justification at all. If you ask me, it's more like a deterrent if well organised.

Honestly speaking I've never been to the south east so I don't know if the killings you speak of in 2015 or the ezu river is actually true......but if this things are really happening and you guys have governors and your celebrities with large audiences and reasonable influence in lagos couldn't speak up then it's quite telling and I see why most see Nnamdi kanu as a leader.......still the point am also trying to make is that if they were killing while you guys were peaceful what do you think they'd do when a few of you pick up arms and start attacking the army.....it would simply be more excuse for them to double down and turn the region into a war zone and as we speak right now war is a very profitable venture in Nigeria especially for northern politicians. Am not against self defense or war but why fight a war you guys are obviously not prepared for and end up losing with needless deaths, do you guys have considerable support of the Igbo ruling class, do you have nukes, do you have crude oil you can hold....you guys are being played and only time would tell how it's going to end.

1 Like

Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by Warripikine: 1:15am On Mar 21, 2021
I think i finnaly found the cause of unknown gunmen.. Karma has caught up with the Nigerian forces

7 Likes

Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by TheNeededShock(m): 1:17am On Mar 21, 2021
alfasexy:

How many countries in the world are fighting different sections of its populations? What army does that?

China.
Cameroon.
Congo.
Ethopia.
Syria.
Zimbabwe.
Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by alfasexy: 1:38am On Mar 21, 2021
TheNeededShock:

China.
Cameroon.
Congo.
Ethopia.
Syria.
Zimbabwe.

China? Which section of China is China in war with?

Cameroun? Only one section. My question is different sections. Nigeria is already fighting one section in the north east.

Congo and the rest. Same.

Syria? Exactly my point. The country is now divided in all but name only. If Nigeria tries to fight more than one section, it is finished.

5 Likes

Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by OdumegwuOjukwu: 1:39am On Mar 21, 2021
TheNeededShock:

Honestly speaking I've never been to the south east so I don't know if the killings you speak of in 2015 or the ezu river is actually true......but if this things are really happening and you guys have governors and your celebrities with large audiences and reasonable influence in lagos couldn't speak up then it's quite telling and I see why most see Nnamdi kanu as a leader.......still the point am also trying to make is that if they were killing while you guys were peaceful what do you think they'd do when a few of you pick up arms and start attacking the army.....it would simply be more excuse for them to double down and turn the region into a war zone and as we speak right now war is a very profitable venture in Nigeria especially for northern politicians. Am not against self defense or war but why fight a war you guys are obviously not prepared for and end up losing with needless deaths, do you guys have considerable support of the Igbo ruling class, do you have nukes, do you have crude oil you can hold....you guys are being played and only time would tell how it's going to end.

You don't need to be in the East to know what is happening there. If you followed End Sars protest as you claimed, you would have heard about all the killings happening in the East, especially the Ezu River case. The governors don't control the security arm, and you are truly naïve to think anything is going to come out from then End Sars case being pursued by celebrities in Nigeria.

Like I said, the Army don't need excuse to shoot and kill unarmed civilians in Nigeria, especially in the South East. They will shoot you for protesting in the street, or for carrying a flag. Personally I think it is more foolish to protest peacefully in South East, compare to protesting while armed. It appears some people have also come to this realization. I don't support or promote violence, but it would be wrong if I feign ignorance of the provocation being faced daily by people of the south east from Nigeria Armed forces, especially the army. Yet, this is not the case of fighting a war with Nigeria Army. It's simply a case where some people are frustrated and taking matter in their hands. It's up to the security apparatus to find solution to it. It would be foolish on the part of Nigeria Army to think it as war. Who would they be fighting? Unarmed civilians as usual?

I'm not a member of IPOB/ESN, and cannot claim to understand how they work. As for the political class or elite, what they decide to do it up to them. But to listen to them is an entirely different thing, as they are only interested in the political career and their pockets. Igbo world view is quite different from yours (assuming you are yoruba).

Yet as you rightly said, it's only time that will determine how this will play out. But what is certain is, in the end, we all die. I think some of the people have realized that it is better to die standing than on their knees. Isn't that a befitting end?

11 Likes

Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by Nukilia: 1:40am On Mar 21, 2021
The end is near for the Fulani bandits manning the highways all over the country

4 Likes

Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by P1PrinceKT(m): 2:06am On Mar 21, 2021
This will improve Peace in S.E

2 Likes

Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by TheNeededShock(m): 2:55am On Mar 21, 2021
OdumegwuOjukwu:

You don't need to be in the East to know what is happening there. If you followed End Sars protest as you claimed, you would have heard about all the killings happening in the East, especially the Ezu River case. The governors don't control the security arm, and you are truly naïve to think anything is going to come out from then End Sars case being pursued by celebrities in Nigeria.

Like I said, the Army don't need excuse to shoot and kill people unarmed civilians in Nigeria especially in the South East. They will shoot you for protesting in the street, or for carrying a flag. Personally I think it is more foolish to protest peacefully in South East, compare to protesting while armed. It appears some people have also come to these realization. I don't support or promote violence, but it would be wrongif I feign ignorance of the provocation being faced daily by people of the south east by Nigeria Armed forces, especially the army. Yet, this is not the case of fighting a war with Nigeria Army. It's simply a case where some people are frustrated and taking matter in their hands. It's up to the security apparatus to find solution to it. It would be foolish on the part of Nigeria Army to think it as war. Who would the be fighting? Unarmed civilians as usual?

I'm not a member of IPOB/ESN, and cannot claim to understand how they work. As for the political class or elite, what they decide to do it up to them. But to listen to them is an entirely different thing, as they are only interested in the political career and their pockets. Igbo world view is quite different from yours (assuming you are yoruba).

Yet as you rightly said, it's only time that will determine how this will play out. But what is is certain, in the end, we all die. I think some of the people have realized that it is better to die standing than on their knees. Isn't that a befitting end?

Governors don't control the security arm but the calls for sanwolu's head by some of your brothers who are lagos based says otherwise, it's the disgusting hypocrisy of some of you people that gets me, let's pretend like we didn't see how some of you were using it as an opportunity for political and tribal jabs at governor sanwolu and tinubu both who don't control the security arm, yet we all saw how the emblodened imo state governor asserted that he called the army on his people, or is it were most regions already have one form of regional outfit or the other yet your governors can't even look each other eye to eye....... anyways am used to this sh!t. Secondly am not expecting anything yet to come out of the End SARS saga at lekki tollgate but it was quite obvious the role those celebrities played in giving global attention to the matter, and you'd be naive to think they didn't feel the pressure.
Anyways like you you rightly said different tribes, different world views...for some people it's okay to die defeated with pride, for some self preservation of one's self and his tribe is important and the only true death of a man is living no offspring behind, the dead may go but generations alive will live in the shadow of defeat and the consequences that follow. Let everyone decide his end.
Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by TheNeededShock(m): 3:28am On Mar 21, 2021
alfasexy:

China? Which section of China is China in war with?

Cameroun? Only one section. My question is different sections. Nigeria is already fighting one section in the north east.

Congo and the rest. Same.

Syria? Exactly my point. The country is now divided in all but name only. If Nigeria tries to fight more than one section, it is finished.

China: Hong Kong, Taiwan and the Uyghurs.

Cameroon: the anglophone crisis, Boko haram.

Syria: lmao you're a joker to think that because it's at war Syria is more divided and worse than Nigeria, in terms of most economic indicators we're both basically at the same level and if we go by human developmental index which is a better measure you'd see that syria is even doing better than us(below is the screenshots) and you should also know that not all places in syria are war torn like cnn would make you think places like aleppo and damascus are even more peaceful than some places up north.

Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by selemempe: 5:02am On Mar 21, 2021
TheNeededShock:

Governors don't control the security arm but the calls for sanwolu's head by some of your brothers who are lagos based says otherwise, it's the disgusting hypocrisy of some of you people that gets me, let's pretend like we didn't see how some of you were using it as an opportunity for political and tribal jabs at governor sanwolu and tinubu both who don't control the security arm, yet we all saw how the emblodened imo state governor asserted that he called the army on his people, or is it were most regions already have one form of regional outfit or the other yet your governors can't even look each other eye to eye....... anyways am used to this sh!t. Secondly am not expecting anything yet to come out of the End SARS saga at lekki tollgate but it was quite obvious the role those celebrities played in giving global attention to the matter, and you'd be naive to think they didn't feel the pressure.
Anyways like you you rightly said different tribes, different world views...for some people it's okay to die defeated with pride, for some self preservation of one's self and his tribe is important and the only true death of a man is living no offspring behind, the dead may go but generations alive will live in the shadow of defeat and the consequences that follow. Let everyone decide his end.
yoruba and fear fear. You guys where killing each other for centuries up on centuries b4 the white men came. Al of a sudden u are now preachers of peace. You guys love to kill each other but can never go to war with an enemy to protect each other. We igbos are not like that sorry. Im sure if all these goes south, you yorubas would rather join the fulanis to deal with igbos than join the igbos to end one nonsense nigeria. Typical

5 Likes

Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by Jostoman: 7:12am On Mar 21, 2021
peacekante:
keep deceiving yourself Fulani Man

1 Like

Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by dignity33: 8:25am On Mar 21, 2021
How many Solders have being killed in Zamfara, Kadunna, Katsinna, Adamawa, bauchi and other parts of Northern Nigeria and I'm yet to see military deployment bombarding a whole community. Is very simple remove useless checkpoints they are using terrorising igbo people and take it where it needed.

5 Likes

Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by Nobody: 8:30am On Mar 21, 2021
OdumegwuOjukwu:

You're right that the army will come looking for reprisal. They have come several times to kill those who were chanting songs on the streets, and those playing football on the pitch. So the coming of soldiers, and making life miserable for the people of the South East is not new, and it's on-going as we speak. So whether the Army will come is a foregone conclusion.

Do that I watch it snowball into something big

There is nothing Igbos value more that human blood , we respect it ...for 5 years army , police killed innocent Igbos in their homeland and u think people won't revenge

If police kill my family member I would make sure 50 police men follow that family member to the grave .....that's the mindset of most Igbos

Police n army better start by apologizing , and fishing out the officers that committed those crime if they want peace

6 Likes

Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by Nobody: 8:34am On Mar 21, 2021
TheNeededShock:

The average south eastern state have more security check points than the average north east state ...is that not war zone already

Attacking Igbos would only increase the number of unknown gunmen ,
Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by alfasexy: 9:33am On Mar 21, 2021
TheNeededShock:

So China is currently waging a war against Taiwan, Hong Kong and Uyghurs?

If you don't have an argument, please don't invent stuff. You are not dealing with beer parlour touts.

1 Like

Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by Collyweed: 11:10am On Mar 21, 2021
Igbochief001:

The average south eastern state have more security check points than the average north east state ...is that not war zone already

Attacking Igbos would only increase the number of unknown gunmen ,

It’s all well and good to pretend that these “unknown gunmen” incidents will not lead to something that ends horribly.

What can possibly go wrong with an obviously narcissistic demagogue acquiring a private army?
Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by dometome: 11:30am On Mar 21, 2021
TheNeededShock:

Cameroon: the anglophone crisis, Boko haram.

Syria: lmao you're a joker to think that because it's at war Syria is more divided and worse than Nigeria, in terms of most economic indicators we're both basically at the same level and if we go by human developmental index which is a better measure you'd see that syria is even doing better than us(below is the screenshots) and you should also know that not all places in syria are war torn like cnn would make you think places like aleppo and damascus are even more peaceful than some places up north.
Taiwan is not China
Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by Nobody: 12:17pm On Mar 21, 2021
Collyweed:

It’s all well and good to pretend that these “unknown gunmen” incidents will not lead to something that ends horribly.

What can possibly go wrong with an obviously narcissistic demagogue acquiring a private army?
What can be worse than what Igbos have faced in the last 100 years in Nigeria

What more can Nigeria do to Igbos ...kill us in thousands ? Millions ? Block food , block appointments ? Lmao they have done all that

If u think killing more Igbos won't have consequences then think again

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Secession Threat Has Cause Fulani militia To Retreat From South West / Urhobo Is Ijaw People According To Ijaw / MURIC Kicks As RCCG Allegedly Bars Muslim From Redemption Camp, Demands Prompt I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.