Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

What Hope Is There In Nigeria For The Less Privileged - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Hope Is There In Nigeria For The Less Privileged (228 Views)

Tinubu To Farmers In Minna: Hope Is Now Renewed And Help Is Here (Video) / Lawan Sponsors Marriage Of 100 Less-Privileged Spinsters / Ugwumba Uche Nwosu Shares Love To Orphans, Widows, And Less Privileged On Val's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Hope Is There In Nigeria For The Less Privileged by Moneyboyz: 8:30am On Mar 21, 2021
I'm not a very good writer but I will try and detail this as it comes from my heart.

First I will start with
PENSION
Why is it that only government workers get pension after they retire and not the common man, not everyone is fortunate enough to work in a government industry, millions of elderly Nigerians hustles till they clocked 60 plus, most of them can't do the jobs they are used to anymore and they are left with nothing, no means for survival, to get two meal a day becomes a problem. Why is the government not paying the elderly every month. You see most of them in the street's begging for alms, this really breaks my heart.

The Disabled
There was a day I boarded a bus and and a very young slowpoke boy at the bus stop begging for alms with saliva all over his body and face. My God I couldn't hold my tears I had to give him my change cause no amount of money I had on me that day would solve his problem, he needs help and care.
Later while the bus moved forward a woman entered the bus sitting beside me, she saw my eyes dripping with tears and got scared and alighted immediately.
I laughed cause she wouldn't understand.
Why are these people left unattended to?
I don't think a government facility exists somewhere to accommodate and empower these people who I believe has something to offer this country.
You see mentally unstable people roaming the streets which is very wrong.

Government Scholarship/Student Loan

It amazes me that only those who made it to social media trending posts get government help these days.
Meanwhile there are millions of brilliant kids out there not very fortunate to further their education cause education isn't free, I dropped out a in 2016 when I couldn't pay my school fees and couldn't continue till date.
If there was a fund accessible for such needs I would have taken it and would have been a greater person today. There are many out there like me, what hope is there for us.

Free or Cheap Medical Services.

Many Nigerians die from common illness everyday. Some due to ignorance while some just don't have the money for treatment. You hear something like deposits or you are on your own. Also there ain't enough medical centers and the ones that exist looks like something from the 1960s with no equipments while the big ones are overcrowded. They keep refering you till the patient dies on the way.
Yet government officials go abroad to treat common headache.
Nigeria which way.

Startup Funds
We have many bright minds with ideas in Nigeria but an idea without money will fade away like a dream. Why are there no startup Funds to bring forth our ideas? Ideas that will create employment and development for the country.
Who did we offend?
Where did all the oil money go to for 50 years, how will Nigeria triumph without taking care of her citizen's?

Modern day slavery by Chinese/Lebanese and Indian employers
This is something that has been going on for a while now, I wonder what the labor union has been doing.
They hire and fire you at will, no contract, no incentive, you work 7 to 7 for 18k a month. Whatever happened to 8 to 5 work hour and 3 shifts routine. I was very angry the day a neighbor told me that these fuçking Chinese Indian and Lebanese employers mandate you to call them Master (people wey be say na truck them use load them come 9ja) she told one day she was working and got tired and said God bless Nigeria she almost got fired, that the Chinese man told her to go and look for work in Nigeria.
A friends arm got amputated by a machine and he got nothing.
I'm not even surprised because we are third class citizens I'm our own country, they use police to harass anyone how they like and I feel this bullshít must stop.

Nigerians are suffering and smiling, things are hard, we can't protest without the police there to harass us, can't find a decent job without terms and conditions, can't study in peace within lecturers harassing the female student, no decent electricity supply without PHCN collecting bribe, you can't even go to the police station to report a crime without paying some money before policemen will follow you. Our roads are bad, the government owns the gravel, cement, etc, why can't they just give these materials for free and reduce the workmanship costs of road construction. Our public primary schools looks like something from the 1800s.

I'm so pained right now I feel like the future is being stolen right from under our nose.
I wanna know what next step I need to take cause I'm angry as I write all this. Which authorities do I or We need to write to for our concerns to heard?
Re: What Hope Is There In Nigeria For The Less Privileged by PDJT: 8:31am On Mar 21, 2021
-None, unfortunately. Except if they are willing to fight and lose their lives.
Re: What Hope Is There In Nigeria For The Less Privileged by Moneyboyz: 8:43am On Mar 21, 2021
PDJT:
-None, unfortunately. Except if they are willing to fight and lose their lives.

Sad It's only when blood shed is involved that they listen.
Re: What Hope Is There In Nigeria For The Less Privileged by PDJT: 9:13am On Mar 21, 2021
Moneyboyz:

Sad It's only when blood shed is involved that they listen.

-Yes.

-All those countries or nations you look up to as an example of decent country or nation, was fought for with loads of litres of blood spilled. I believe the war between England and France even lasted for up to 100 years, before they agreed on some “terms and conditions” for peace and co-existence, and now they are founding members of NATO.

-Most Africans are afraid of death, therefore unwilling to fight for anything or what they believe in. Some are even confused and would rather bemock others fighting for what they believe in, and others (house-niggers) are always happy to fight to maintain the colonial borders called countries in Africa. If you doubt me, take a look at what Nigerians did to Biafrans (fellow Africans) with the help of Britain, Egypt, USSR and the Arab-league - all in order to maintain a colonial construct created and called Nigeria by the racist imperialist Britain. You think these sort of people will fight for you against the Chinese and Lebanese enslaving the commoners in Nigeria? Think again.

-Meanwhile, have you paid a deep attention to why the hell that woman in the bus left immediately, instead of trying to know what your problem was, if not help you? - It points to another cultural obstacle we have: Always afraid of the unknown. No society can develop with such attitude or culture.
Re: What Hope Is There In Nigeria For The Less Privileged by sageb: 9:59am On Mar 21, 2021
Nigeria have bad leaders and myopic followers. This is the sad reality.
Re: What Hope Is There In Nigeria For The Less Privileged by sageb: 10:01am On Mar 21, 2021
sageb:
Moneyboyz:
I'm not a very good writer but I will try and detail this as it comes from my heart.

First I will start with
PENSION
Why is it that only government workers get pension after they retire and not the common man, not everyone is fortunate enough to work in a government industry, millions of elderly Nigerians hustles till they clocked 60 plus, most of them can't do the jobs they are used to anymore and they are left with nothing, no means for survival, to get two meal a day becomes a problem. Why is the government not paying the elderly every month. You see most of them in the street's begging for alms, this really breaks my heart.

The Disabled
There was a day I boarded a bus and and a very young slowpoke boy at the bus stop begging for alms with saliva all over his body and face. My God I couldn't hold my tears I had to give him my change cause no amount of money I had on me that day would solve his problem, he needs help and care.
Later while the bus moved forward a woman entered the bus sitting beside me, she saw my eyes dripping with tears and got scared and alighted immediately.
I laughed cause she wouldn't understand.
Why are these people left unattended to?
I don't think a government facility exists somewhere to accommodate and empower these people who I believe has something to offer this country.
You see mentally unstable people roaming the streets which is very wrong.

Government Scholarship/Student Loan

It amazes me that only those who made it to social media trending posts get government help these days.
Meanwhile there are millions of brilliant kids out there not very fortunate to further their education cause education isn't free, I dropped out a in 2016 when I couldn't pay my school fees and couldn't continue till date.
If there was a fund accessible for such needs I would have taken it and would have been a greater person today. There are many out there like me, what hope is there for us.

Free or Cheap Medical Services.

Many Nigerians die from common illness everyday. Some due to ignorance while some just don't have the money for treatment. You hear something like deposits or you are on your own. Also there ain't enough medical centers and the ones that exist looks like something from the 1960s with no equipments while the big ones are overcrowded. They keep refering you till the patient dies on the way.
Yet government officials go abroad to treat common headache.
Nigeria which way.

Startup Funds
We have many bright minds with ideas in Nigeria but an idea without money will fade away like a dream. Why are there no startup Funds to bring forth our ideas? Ideas that will create employment and development for the country.
Who did we offend?
Where did all the oil money go to for 50 years, how will Nigeria triumph without taking care of her citizen's?

Modern day slavery by Chinese/Lebanese and Indian employers
This is something that has been going on for a while now, I wonder what the labor union has been doing.
They hire and fire you at will, no contract, no incentive, you work 7 to 7 for 18k a month. Whatever happened to 8 to 5 work hour and 3 shifts routine. I was very angry the day a neighbor told me that these fuçking Chinese Indian and Lebanese employers mandate you to call them Master (people wey be say na truck them use load them come 9ja) she told one day she was working and got tired and said God bless Nigeria she almost got fired, that the Chinese man told her to go and look for work in Nigeria.
A friends arm got amputated by a machine and he got nothing.
I'm not even surprised because we are third class citizens I'm our own country, they use police to harass anyone how they like and I feel this bullshít must stop.

Nigerians are suffering and smiling, things are hard, we can't protest without the police there to harass us, can't find a decent job without terms and conditions, can't study in peace within lecturers harassing the female student, no decent electricity supply without PHCN collecting bribe, you can't even go to the police station to report a crime without paying some money before policemen will follow you. Our roads are bad, the government owns the gravel, cement, etc, why can't they just give these materials for free and reduce the workmanship costs of road construction. Our public primary schools looks like something from the 1800s.

I'm so pained right now I feel like the future is being stolen right from under our nose.
I wanna know what next step I need to take cause I'm angry as I write all this. Which authorities do I or We need to write to for our concerns to heard?
sageb:
Re: What Hope Is There In Nigeria For The Less Privileged by Moneyboyz: 10:37am On Mar 21, 2021
PDJT:

-Yes.

-All those countries or nations you look up to as an example of decent country or nation, was fought for with loads of litres of blood spilled. I believe the war between England and France even lasted for up to 100 years, before they agreed on some “terms and conditions” for peace and co-existence, and now they are founding members of NATO.

-Most Africans are afraid of death, therefore unwilling to fight for anything or what they believe in. Some are even confused and would rather bemock others fighting for what they believe in, and others (house-niggers) are always happy to fight to maintain the colonial borders called countries in Africa. If you doubt me, take a look at what Nigerians did to Biafrans (fellow Africans) with the help of Britain, Egypt, USSR and the Arab-league - all in order to maintain a colonial construct created and called Nigeria by the racist imperialist Britain. You think these sort of people will fight for you against the Chinese and Lebanese enslaving the commoners in Nigeria? Think again.

-Meanwhile, have you paid a deep attention to why the hell that woman in the bus left immediately, instead of trying to know what your problem was, if not help you? - It points to another cultural obstacle we have: Always afraid of the unknown. No society can develop with such attitude or culture.

You are right, it all comes down to us the people, I can remember what a man told me about the Chinese / Lebanese slave labor in Nigeria, he said we are not complaining that if someone complains and leave, 10 people will show up in his place tomorrow willing to take such job under even strict unfavourable condition's.

While some people are fighting for liberation, others are very contented, not complaining, very satisfied with poverty and it's kinsmen. E go better e go better na him brother Akpors take turn 60.
Poverty has eaten deep into our brain some people will tell you tokunbo goods are the best and better than new. If it was that good the owners would still be using them. Majority can't even buy new things.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Gov Okowa Writes Protest Letter To Buhari Over Ibori’s Recovered Loot / Hon. Kehinde Bamigbetan, Chief Executive Officer And Publisher Of Echonews News / FG Cannot Block SIM Cards Not Linked To NIN, Court Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.