Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

My Astrazeneca Covid-19 Vaccine Experience - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Astrazeneca Covid-19 Vaccine Experience (2021 Views)

My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience / South Africa Sells Off Astrazeneca COVID Vaccine, Places Fresh Order From Pfizer / BUA Purchases 1 Million Doses Of Astrazeneca COVID-19 Vaccines For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Astrazeneca Covid-19 Vaccine Experience by Oriyomin25(m): 7:29pm On Mar 21, 2021
efficiencie:

Wow!!! So the vaccine expires! What will you now do when the second jab also expires...or is there something about this you are not fully aware of. When will the vaccine help you generate antibodies to combat COVID abi you go dey take vaccine for the rest of your life? Where are the doctors sef.

If you had taken your time to read what I posted you will see where I mentioned that it is a two dose vaccine, after the second you are forever immune to the virus.
Re: My Astrazeneca Covid-19 Vaccine Experience by Oriyomin25(m): 7:46pm On Mar 21, 2021
Hashabiah:
I am sorry to say this, but you are one of those imbeciles that do things without reasoning out the long term effects. But no wahahala sha, but thanks for taking the vaccine. But let us know the side effects after five years (that's if you'd be alive to tell us). Peace grin

You don't have to be sorry, honestly I would be surprised if you are mentally certified okay. You are very abusive but I'm not angry, maybe this is the way you are brought up or you are are suffering from some kind of psychological problem..
See even if you are high on drugs there is no way you will look at me and say this to my face, but shey be na faceless forum we dey, be careful the kind of words you say to someone you don't even know.
Re: My Astrazeneca Covid-19 Vaccine Experience by Oriyomin25(m): 7:51pm On Mar 21, 2021
MufasaLion:

Lol. Bro I'm not surprised by that because Nigerians are known to be skeptical about things like that. Africans don't accept anything related to health easily but if it were to be Pizza or Gucci wears they'd rush to it and even cause stampede.

Ignorance can't be cured unless you want to cure yourself of it. Sad thing is don't don't hesitate to show their ignorance. grin

Honestly even if you be ignoramus you suppose know when to display it. imagine that Eediot using foul words on me on top my thread.. I wish I know that child, I go teach am lesson.
Re: My Astrazeneca Covid-19 Vaccine Experience by MufasaLion: 7:52pm On Mar 21, 2021
Oriyomin25:

You don't have to be sorry, honestly I would be surprised if you are mentally certified okay. You are very abusive but I'm not angry, maybe this is the way you are brought up or you are are suffering from some kind of psychological problem..
See even if you are high on drugs there is no way you will look at me and say this to my face, but shey be na faceless forum we dey, be careful the kind of words you say to someone you don't even know.

Bless You My Man!

1 Like

Re: My Astrazeneca Covid-19 Vaccine Experience by MufasaLion: 7:53pm On Mar 21, 2021
Oriyomin25:

Honestly even if you be ignoramus you suppose know when to display it. imagine that Eediot using foul words on me on top my thread.. I wish I know that child, I go teach am lesson.

Lol... Bro just leave 'em.

1 Like

Re: My Astrazeneca Covid-19 Vaccine Experience by Hashabiah: 7:56pm On Mar 21, 2021
Oriyomin25:

Oga stop making noise. If you want to fight just tell me and I will give you an address. And speaking of manners, you are adequately lacking. Which makes me wonder what sort of gutter you crawled out from
Re: My Astrazeneca Covid-19 Vaccine Experience by Oriyomin25(m): 7:56pm On Mar 21, 2021
MufasaLion:

Lol... Bro just leave 'em.
Commissioner salute!
Re: My Astrazeneca Covid-19 Vaccine Experience by MufasaLion: 7:57pm On Mar 21, 2021
Oriyomin25:

Commissioner salute!

Lol. Bad man
Re: My Astrazeneca Covid-19 Vaccine Experience by LotaTee: 9:30pm On Mar 21, 2021
@,MufasaLion
I personally would refuse the vaccine if school doesn't make it compulsory. The vaccine was rushed and was not studied extensively for long term side effects.I also remember France being in the news about a French citizen(can't remember who) saying the vaccine be tested in Africa. It is only natural to be wary about such vaccine considering history tells us there have been many times illegal human experiments have been carried out using such formats and not forgetting it may be biological warfare.We have every right to be suspicious about the vaccine.
Re: My Astrazeneca Covid-19 Vaccine Experience by MufasaLion: 10:26pm On Mar 21, 2021
LotaTee:
@,MufasaLion
I personally would refuse the vaccine if school doesn't make it compulsory. The vaccine was rushed and was not studied extensively for long term side effects.I also remember France being in the news about a French citizen(can't remember who) saying the vaccine be tested in Africa. It is only natural to be wary about such vaccine considering history tells us there have been many times illegal human experiments have been carried out using such formats and not forgetting it may be biological warfare.We have every right to be suspicious about the vaccine.

I understand your point and the angle you're coming from but as we've seen people are already taking it and no side effect yet which I believe there wouldn't be any. We shouldn't work with "what will" or "what might". We should work with "what is happening".

But everyone has the right to their opinion.

Shalom!
Re: My Astrazeneca Covid-19 Vaccine Experience by efficiencie(m): 2:36pm On Mar 22, 2021
Oriyomin25:

If you had taken your time to read what I posted you will see where I mentioned that it is a two dose vaccine, after the second you are forever immune to the virus.

Wow!!! Forever is a big word...well time will tell.
Re: My Astrazeneca Covid-19 Vaccine Experience by trinityconcept(m): 11:39pm On Mar 23, 2021
The vaccine is safe

Let us stop attaching everything to devil

Of about 7 of us that took the vaccine yesterday in my office 3 including me had fever at night but we are fine now, my arm pain has reduced as well ,

It is normal , our body chemistry differ

Vaccine is meant to also trigger an unintended immune response such as fever , headache etc
Which is different from the desired immunological response

Why do you think WHO will approve somthing that will wipe an entire continent out

Please let us start thinking with our brains and not our anus in this country
Re: My Astrazeneca Covid-19 Vaccine Experience by Oriyomin25(m): 12:53pm On Mar 24, 2021
trinityconcept:
The vaccine is safe

Let us stop attaching everything to devil

Of about 7 of us that took the vaccine yesterday in my office 3 including me had fever at night but we are fine now, my arm pain has reduced as well ,

It is normal , our body chemistry differ

Vaccine is meant to also trigger an unintended immune response such as fever , headache etc
Which is different from the desired immunological response

Why do you think WHO will approve somthing that will wipe an entire continent out

Please let us start thinking with our brains and not our anus in this country

See for our people matter I give up

Re: My Astrazeneca Covid-19 Vaccine Experience by KingAzubuike(f): 8:31pm On Mar 24, 2021
Hashabiah:
Brother, how sure are you that this vaccine will have an adverse effect on you in the next 5 years? And by the way, how sure are you that that vaccine is the same administered to our leaders?
You have take vaccines for polio, meningitis etc before. How sure are you it wasn't a counterfeit
Re: My Astrazeneca Covid-19 Vaccine Experience by KingAzubuike(f): 8:34pm On Mar 24, 2021
Oriyomin25:
I serve (Natonal Youth Service Corps) in a Army Barrack and yesterday we were informed by one of our colleagues who is also a corp member working at the medical center that we should follow a link that was later shared to our Whatsapp group to register for the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine.

I couldn't get the registration done on my phone after about 30mins so I quit, I asked some of my colleagues if they were able to register and they all told me the same thing, they couldn't register, the site bounced back whenever we try to submit the information provided. 

So later yesterday they called us (Officers, Soldiers, Corpers and other barracks occupants as long as you are 18 years above) to come to a particular place (MESS) in the barracks to come for the Covid-19 but I was not chanced so I couldn't go, I learnt from one of our colleagues that the vaccination is for 10 days but they will spend two days vaccinating the barracks community. So today I went there with some of us that couldn't go yesterday. Lest I forget there was a short awareness lecture given by the nurses yesterday before they started the vaccination.

So when we got to the MESS around 10am today there was a queue of about 15 to 17 people I can't confirm the figure, they have started since 9am. we left the place at exactly 9mins to 4pm, the procedure was very slow.

This is how the whole thing went, we stayed on the queue then when it's your turn you will provide your information such as Age, Occupation, Means of Identification, the date on whatever certificate you have, Bsc, Diploma, Waec or Primary school cert (Well I just told them the day I graduated because I have forgotten the date on my certificate), mobile number, E-mail and so on. So after this they will open the site (The same site we struggled to register on) and document the information we provided.

After which you will then proceed to taking the shot. The vaccination is through the arm, not painful but you may find it painful if you are not the injection type, LOL. We were given a green card where our name was written boldly at the top, our mobile number and the date the vaccination take place, then the date on which you will take the second dose, I got to know the vaccine is a two dose vaccine today. So the second dose is June, exactly three month from the day you take the first dose.

Below is the green card.
Heard some of you in the barracks ended up like this. How true?
[img]https://media./images/895bd7676365ad3c967ba28d3946f2f8/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: My Astrazeneca Covid-19 Vaccine Experience by edoairways: 9:54pm On Mar 24, 2021
Oriyomin25:
undecided

Seriously I don't know what to call it myself, what's the thing about people getting scared of the same vaccine a whole country president and his aides took on live TV?
Some even said the vaccine is from the devil undecided
Yes it is from the devil. Now they are making mandatory to all citizens in some countries in Europe. No vaccine no work. If you like doubt it, but it is the reality on ground
Re: My Astrazeneca Covid-19 Vaccine Experience by Hashabiah: 11:26pm On Mar 24, 2021
KingAzubuike:

You have take vaccines for polio, meningitis etc before. How sure are you it wasn't a counterfeit
It is a known fact that vaccines take 5 years to develop ; this one was developed in less than one year ;making its efficiency unknown. So do not use that as an excuse to justify this nonsense
Re: My Astrazeneca Covid-19 Vaccine Experience by Oriyomin25(m): 2:38pm On Mar 25, 2021
KingAzubuike:

Heard some of you in the barracks ended up like this. How true?
[img]https://media./images/895bd7676365ad3c967ba28d3946f2f8/tenor.gif[/img]
Here no one complained of arm redness or swelling. For many our arm ache then after two days the pain is all gone, mine relieved me the following day.
It is rare for vaccine not to react in your body, just that the reaction differs from people. I had fever that night, I felt the fever more when I woke up in the midnight but in the morning I was very fine like I never had it. A colleague of mine carried the fever for the whole day and she was better after that day.
Re: My Astrazeneca Covid-19 Vaccine Experience by Oriyomin25(m): 2:42pm On Mar 25, 2021
edoairways:

Yes it is from the devil. Now they are making mandatory to all citizens in some countries in Europe. No vaccine no work. If you like doubt it, but it is the reality on ground

Atigbo

Re: My Astrazeneca Covid-19 Vaccine Experience by Sammysam24: 1:09am On Jun 11, 2021
Oriyomin25:
I serve (Natonal Youth Service Corps) in a Army Barrack and yesterday we were informed by one of our colleagues who is also a corp member working at the medical center that we should follow a link that was later shared to our Whatsapp group to register for the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine.

I couldn't get the registration done on my phone after about 30mins so I quit, I asked some of my colleagues if they were able to register and they all told me the same thing, they couldn't register, the site bounced back whenever we try to submit the information provided. 

So later yesterday they called us (Officers, Soldiers, Corpers and other barracks occupants as long as you are 18 years above) to come to a particular place (MESS) in the barracks to come for the Covid-19 but I was not chanced so I couldn't go, I learnt from one of our colleagues that the vaccination is for 10 days but they will spend two days vaccinating the barracks community. So today I went there with some of us that couldn't go yesterday. Lest I forget there was a short awareness lecture given by the nurses yesterday before they started the vaccination.

So when we got to the MESS around 10am today there was a queue of about 15 to 17 people I can't confirm the figure, they have started since 9am. we left the place at exactly 9mins to 4pm, the procedure was very slow.

This is how the whole thing went, we stayed on the queue then when it's your turn you will provide your information such as Age, Occupation, Means of Identification, the date on whatever certificate you have, Bsc, Diploma, Waec or Primary school cert (Well I just told them the day I graduated because I have forgotten the date on my certificate), mobile number, E-mail and so on. So after this they will open the site (The same site we struggled to register on) and document the information we provided.

After which you will then proceed to taking the shot. The vaccination is through the arm, not painful but you may find it painful if you are not the injection type, LOL. We were given a green card where our name was written boldly at the top, our mobile number and the date the vaccination take place, then the date on which you will take the second dose, I got to know the vaccine is a two dose vaccine today. So the second dose is June, exactly three month from the day you take the first dose.

Below is the green card.
please can u tell me the location? I need to take the dose

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Is Faforon Product In Nigeria / Hypo Bleach. / Lose Weight And Make Money With TLC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.