Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,441 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Is Lagos A Good Place To Build A Refinery Like Dangote Refinery? - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Lagos A Good Place To Build A Refinery Like Dangote Refinery? (30549 Views)

Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? / BUA Group Signs Technology Deal With France's Axens For A Refinery In Akwa Ibom / Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Lagos A Good Place To Build A Refinery Like Dangote Refinery? by INTEGRITYA1(m): 8:40am On Mar 22, 2021
What an interesting topic, discussion and contributions.

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos A Good Place To Build A Refinery Like Dangote Refinery? by Nobody: 8:46am On Mar 22, 2021
360command:
Nigeria ... some of all this things are not much of an issue in the western nations..all this gas flaring, oil disposals have all been tackled well by various authorities.

We need a government that can check all this refineries on how they dispose their waste.

In the western nation, you don't dump oil on the ground. The oil is conveyed in a tanker and then dumped 10,000feet into the ground.

I do not know how we dispose oil in Nigeria but I will like someone to educate me.
Nigeria is a 3rd world country rigged in corruption. Forget about the agencies, those saying Dangote will be different how many people has dangote truck killed and nothing was done? What safety measures where enforced on he's truck drivers?
Una never see anything, highest na another protest and no one will really give a shiit because Niger Deltas have been crying over this for decades and everyone turned a blind eye.

3 Likes

Re: Is Lagos A Good Place To Build A Refinery Like Dangote Refinery? by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 22, 2021
[quote author=josite post=100097899][/quote]

The price of lands are increasing around those area because sellers increase it and want to sell to ignorant people who thinks when big industries opens up in a location, it means prosperity.

Infact, this country is so crazy that a landfill can increase the price of property that is because most buyers don't understand the meaning of landfill until they buy and start experiencing 24 hours waste smell.

Only ignorant people will buy properties near a refinery, the pollution, the heat and the smell refineries emits is horrible,

Developers and land sellers like you will sell anything because they want to make quick money. At the end of the day, these people land or properties will be worth half of the price they bought it because of the 24 hours pollution, they themselves will beg to sell it, when the refinery starts operation.

It is a fact, that people who live near to refineries experience lot of health issues like asthma, deformities and metal retardation.

Communities who live near refineries in texas, have a very high rate of mental retardation and asthma cases among their children.

Sell your land, your are only interested in money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Lagos A Good Place To Build A Refinery Like Dangote Refinery? by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 22, 2021
Abudu2000:
an employee will have no problem paying 5m per annum to live and work there tho, your conclusion isn't accurate.

Your own conclusion isnt accurate.

The oil refinery will create accomdation for staffs, the job is a 24 hours one.

But no employee earning 5m per annum will leave near a refinery with their family.
Re: Is Lagos A Good Place To Build A Refinery Like Dangote Refinery? by jaxxy(m): 8:59am On Mar 22, 2021
franchasng:
Very interesting topic going on here.

You know, many people think Americans and Europeans are mad when they started abandoning their light industries and started moving productions to Asia, mostly China.

They were doing it to save their dying environment being polluted by several industrial productions. China being a country that doesn't care about environmental hazard, accepted those industries some decades ago and today environmental pollution is killing China that some weeks, you can hardly see beyond 1 meter in Beijing and Shanghai.

The refinery will definitely have serious negative impact on Lagos state environment of course. But the leadership of Lagos state is more concerned with the revenue it would generate for them in terms of tax returns and all other direct and indirect levies.

This is the same mistake Nigerian leaders made with allowing only Lagos seaports to function optimally thinking they were shortchanging some sections of the country but today, Apapa is a no go area. The whole area is messed up that people are relocating from Apapa unlike before that Apapa was among the glories of Lagos.

Same thing will happen in Ibeju Lekki with this Dangote refinery.

Dangote is a black man not even a Whiteman. Whitemen couldn't manage the adverse effects of heavy industries in their region talk more of a monopolistic black business man like Aliko Dangote.

This made me to put my land at Ibeju Lekki for sale even though many people project that it would be the next Banana Island in terms of real estate appreciation, but I pity those planning to go and live there with their family members.

The reason we have cancer and several unprintable terminal diseases in the Western countries is as a result of heavy industrialization which they are seriously campaigning for collaboration to save the earth through climate change initiatives people like Prince Charles the waiting King of England have been busy campaigning for along with US President Joe Biden and many other world leaders.

The only thing saving the western countries from the serious adverse effects of these heavy industries is their wonderful Healthcare system which Nigeria don't have.

Such project ought to have been sited in a thick forest with lots of trees and nearby sea/ocean to cushion the pollution.

I developed some breathing related issues after living in some heavily industrialized cities in Asia, and I am still struggling with it. So I pity those living around the refinery when it will start full operation.

Cc: bluesparks

Lagos has many think forests and abandoned sea shores in Epe going down to ogun state. I don’t know why we think all of Lagos is populated. We are getting worked without knowing all the facts involved. I’m not sure all I’ve been reading are accurate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Lagos A Good Place To Build A Refinery Like Dangote Refinery? by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 22, 2021
Abudu2000:
if something as small as a GSM mast can devalue the lands around it then how much more a refinery.however sometimes what the govt do id weigh the pros and cons. Fertilizers are not too good for human health fine but with the increasing world population how can we cope without it? Same it this here, the refinery with definitely boost the economy so if a few black clouds and some fishes going belly up will be the sacrifice then so be it

The refinery will boast the revenue of the state and also destroy the health of populance of the state.

People with cancer, asthma will increase, infact the con is more than the pro.
Re: Is Lagos A Good Place To Build A Refinery Like Dangote Refinery? by sojfarm: 9:09am On Mar 22, 2021
What is killing Lagos in form of development disguise is greed of the betrayals.

The refinery was meant to be located in Ondo State, but the promoters were afraid of the conditions given by the people and government of Ondo State.

The residents are beginning to reap the negative effects of the Refinery in tha Ibjeu Lekki axis of Lagos State. A lot of greedy Omo Onile are crying silently now; a lot of home owners are now homeless. Even coming towards Majek area of Eti Osa, land are being forcefully taken over from the owners for Dangote Staff quarters.

In the nearest future, that axis of Ibeju Lekki would become worse than what was/is experience in Apapa.

DEVELOPMENT WITHOUT PROPER VISION ON THE WELFARE OF THE PEOPLE!!!

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos A Good Place To Build A Refinery Like Dangote Refinery? by Misterone: 9:13am On Mar 22, 2021
BlueSparks:

Indeed. Please all the heavy industries polluting the world over where such assessment tests not done. I'm close to a Chinese production company, come and see the entire Rivers and streams around if it isn't dead

Don't bother quoting me since you can't interact reasonably. Full
an idiot is always an idiot anywhere. if the community has taken bribe to allow a Chinese company to pollute their environment for peanuts then whose concern is it? An EIA is a legal document. it binds the community and the Investor on environmental issues. therefore if the community want to chop kobo kobo at the expense of their future wetin concern agbero with overload.
Re: Is Lagos A Good Place To Build A Refinery Like Dangote Refinery? by jaxxy(m): 9:15am On Mar 22, 2021
sukieboy:

Na English and latent greed go kee Yoruba people. Do you know that almost everything produced in the petrochem train is poisonous? The best would have been up close to Ondo and Edo state. You can be stupid to say liquid cannot spilt, it will ofcourse, the question is containing it's spread. Anyway, when you guys see the environmental issues and banks start leaving Lagos for Ibadan you will be the same fellow that would claim you never supported it.

I have seen as almost everyone in Lagos denied voting for Buhari in 2015 because the sai Baba project failed. Buhari did not die , so they are ashamed and secretly angry that he refused to die like Yardua. Same way the will deny all the so called research on this and that.

Lagos is not a good site but dangote wanted it so he can get the deepest port in West Africa and he has got it without you guys knowing. 36feet of dredge. After Una go say Hausa be mumu. Who come mumu pass ?

Ure comments seems too tribal based and biased. U can make points without tribalism. Dangote is a Nigerian. Even if he wasn’t a Nigerian there wud still be a legal business agreement.

3 Likes

Re: Is Lagos A Good Place To Build A Refinery Like Dangote Refinery? by cocolacec(m): 10:18am On Mar 22, 2021
Rapture4real:
My experience in Rivers State makes me to agree with the op.Gas and oil production has its negative impacts on human and environmental aspects of life. Our leaders know that Nigerians are used to suffering. So they will look the other side as long as they collect money from the company.

They know when Nigerians begin to suffer the consequences of the refinery,they will blame it on witches and village people supported by con artist calling themselves Men of God or Alfa.

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos A Good Place To Build A Refinery Like Dangote Refinery? by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 22, 2021
BlueSparks:
I've maintained that many heavy industry across the world are built in forests. While it is good in many areas, I believe it would have been better in forests like in Ijebu area. As the presence will lead to a surge in productivity in such areas.

Although, it may be connected to a railway grid, or ferried through the Atlantic, there's going to be massive shakings in that entire part of Lagos when it starts. Lagos FTZ is bound to benefit, and Lagos generally. But who knows. There's plenty of advantages and disadvantages. It's better we watch

We don't still know the impact of that refinery on the environment and human lives in the area. I'm paying keen attention to this in the first 5 years of its operation to see how it goes.

More Wins to him, more Wins to Lagos

Dangote refinery was originally supposed to be in Ogun waterside, It was Amosun that vetoed it because Dangote controlled all the gypsum deposits in Ogun state.
Re: Is Lagos A Good Place To Build A Refinery Like Dangote Refinery? by Abudu2000(m): 10:50am On Mar 22, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

The refinery will boast the revenue of the state and also destroy the health of populance of the state.

People with cancer, asthma will increase, infact the con is more than the pro.

either way ppl are still gonna die. We have just 2 refineries and ppl are still dying daily meanwhile the USA has more than 10 and they are doing just fine man so the pros outweighs the cons. At least our chemical engineering graduates looking for jobs will reduce a bit plus more foreign investments to boost the already dead economy so if a few has to die for the greater good then so be it.
Re: Is Lagos A Good Place To Build A Refinery Like Dangote Refinery? by CaptainFM1: 11:08am On Mar 22, 2021
BlueSparks:

2 refineries that follows the ranks of Dangote are earmarked to be situated in forests.

You still don't understand this?
Every single project will have different EIA. It doesn't mean they are right or Dangote was wrong. Every single project will be separately analysed. No basis for comparison.
I've been to several developed countries and so many major industries are cited in the cities including refineries.
Re: Is Lagos A Good Place To Build A Refinery Like Dangote Refinery? by BlueSparks: 11:43am On Mar 22, 2021
CaptainFM1:

You still don't understand this?
Every single project will have different EIA. It doesn't mean they are right or Dangote was wrong. Every single project will be separately analysed. No basis for comparison.
I've been to several developed countries and so many major industries are cited in the cities including refineries.

Capacity in question capacity. 65000 bpd is different from 650000bpd

Never said industries can't be in cities as many industries are in cities globally. But, extremely heavy scale 650bpd. I also expressed myself with 50% cyance of being wrong

However perfect it's operational systems are,there will be bcklash and you should agree with me Sir.
Re: Is Lagos A Good Place To Build A Refinery Like Dangote Refinery? by BlueSparks: 11:46am On Mar 22, 2021
Abudu2000:
either way ppl are still gonna die. We have just 2 refineries and ppl are still dying daily meanwhile the USA has more than 10 and they are doing just fine man so the pros outweighs the cons. At least our chemical engineering graduates looking for jobs will reduce a bit plus more foreign investments to boost the already dead economy so if a few has to die for the greater good then so be it.

We speak holistically.

The environment safety mechanisms USA would put and Nigeria you should agree would be different

Ask farmers since two years there's been chaotic weather no rain in some parts,some parts flood. Why carbon emission

The pollutants our industries and automobiles generate is equivalent ten refineries now add five new refineries. You can never compare America with Nigeria

Go and check the gloabl rankings in Air purity and pollutants currently without functional refineries go and check and see the ratings yourself.
Re: Is Lagos A Good Place To Build A Refinery Like Dangote Refinery? by BlueSparks: 11:47am On Mar 22, 2021
Abudu2000:

We speak holistically.

The environment safety mechanisms USA would put and Nigeria you should agree would be different

Ask farmers since two years there's been chaotic weather no rain in some parts,some parts flood. Why carbon emission

The pollutants our industries and automobiles generate is equivalent ten refineries now add five new refineries. You can never compare America with Nigeria

Go and check the gloabl rankings in Air purity and pollutants currently without functional refineries go and check and see the ratings yourself...

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos A Good Place To Build A Refinery Like Dangote Refinery? by BlueSparks: 11:48am On Mar 22, 2021
Misterone:
an idiot is always an idiot anywhere. if the community has taken bribe to allow a Chinese company to pollute their environment for peanuts then whose concern is it? An EIA is a legal document. it binds the community and the Investor on environmental issues. therefore if the community want to chop kobo kobo at the expense of their future wetin concern agbero with overload.

The community didn't take bribe

Will any industry on Earth tell you they would be realewsojg toxic henicals into your environment

Go to YouTube and check how some Chinese companies damaged rivers in Kenya deliberately and how fishes in hundreds of thousands were dying

Speak objectively Sir.
Re: Is Lagos A Good Place To Build A Refinery Like Dangote Refinery? by CaptainFM1: 11:52am On Mar 22, 2021
BlueSparks:

Capacity in question capacity. 65000 bpd is different from 650000bpd

Never said industries can't be in cities as many industries are in cities globally. But, extremely heavy scale 650bpd. I also expressed myself with 50% cyance of being wrong

However perfect it's operational systems are,there will be bcklash and you should agree with me Sir.

I have explained a bit about risk management to you. Scale or miniature.....it's all about risk management. Risk management is a full blown course on its own if you would like to take, you will appreciate better.
Re: Is Lagos A Good Place To Build A Refinery Like Dangote Refinery? by BlueSparks: 11:54am On Mar 22, 2021
bayelsaowei:
you do know flaring was inevitable as a result of our own government who wasn't ready to develop our domestic gas market and invest in massive gas infrastructures. Some of the chaos you see in the niger delta and its environs are most times perpetuated by the locals who bunker crude from oil lines. Ofcourse EIA can't cover for that... grin grin

Bottom line is if a company like shell plans to construct any pipeline or build a facility work can't commence until an EIA study is carried out and an approval secured from DPR and FMENV. But for dangote who owns the country I doubt if any mumu dpr can stop him.

Not true

I've been offered work opportunity to work in Saipem/Agip refinery/petrochemical fields before now

On the floor of the Senate the IOCs were given many years to develop capacity to curtail gas flaring but they refused to take heed and didn't do anything about it

How many Nigerians know they themselves submitted a draft that they would work over a 20 years timeline to end gas flaring by 2002. Has that stopped till today?

Why not ?

Deliberate environmental sabotage. So when you see the Bonny and Ogoni communities sueing them to court,it's not because of money. But because they have come to know the damage done would gulp years and years and years and huge resources to clean up and reclaim.
Re: Is Lagos A Good Place To Build A Refinery Like Dangote Refinery? by BlueSparks: 11:56am On Mar 22, 2021
CaptainFM1:

I have explained a bit about risk management to you. Scale or miniature.....it's all about risk management. Risk management is a full blown course on its own if you would like to take, you will appreciate better.

I'm also speaking about overall cumulative impact. I've addressed this in earlier comments. Check page two. Where I spoke about decentralization rather than single production facility
Re: Is Lagos A Good Place To Build A Refinery Like Dangote Refinery? by BlueSparks: 11:59am On Mar 22, 2021
SavageResponse:

Stop talking rubbish it does not make economic sense to build an undersea pipeline from Nigeria to Europe.

Most countries in Europe are even phasing out fossil fuel powered cars and moving to electric vehicle therefore this project makes no sense!

How old were you 2003. What age did you begin to become aware of societal issues. Would you get the fvck outta my mention. You swine
Re: Is Lagos A Good Place To Build A Refinery Like Dangote Refinery? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Mar 22, 2021
BlueSparks:

I can bet my coin on it that as long as Nigeria is concerned that's nothing like EIA. If EIA is considered realistically as we assume no abbatoirs in Nigeria will still be open.

I speak realistically. All abbatoirs I've seen in my life in this country, if not God has so much bastardized all the water bodies around it in a way that it's only God that has/is preventing breakout of epidemic. From Kara to Cele Ijesha to Oko Oba etc. I've never seen EIA swung into action in any industrial activity if not what's happening in Niger Delta won't be happening

I stay close to a Chinese firm. It you see the hundreds of thousands of chemicals pumped into the water bodies you will fear. Why has any government organization not closed them. An entire large water body miles afar off is smelling badly from these chemicals.

This Is a waste of time comrade
A large percentage of Nigerian Citizens are Greedy, Ignorant, Myopic, Negligent and Nonchalant. What If I tell you more than 50% of her population doesn't even know exactly what Is going on, They are primarily concerned about Feeding, Shelter, Gossiping, And most Importantly PROCREATION. Is that a country you are advising??

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos A Good Place To Build A Refinery Like Dangote Refinery? by BlueSparks: 12:25pm On Mar 22, 2021
Evolutionlove:

This Is a waste of time comrade
A large percentage of Nigerian Citizens are Greedy, Ignorant, Myopic, Negligent and Nonchalant. What If I tell you more than 50% of her population doesn't even know exactly what Is going on, They are primarily concerned about Feeding, Shelter, Gossiping, And most Importantly PROCREATION. Is that a country you are advising??

That's true. I don't comment at all on the forum. Not done these in years. Perhaps next time I would,it will be in three years time. Just wanted to dish out some postulations and hypothesis of mine out

I hope I'm 100% wrong though

More wins to Dangote/Lagos/Nigeria

Peace out
Re: Is Lagos A Good Place To Build A Refinery Like Dangote Refinery? by 24SEVEN: 12:35pm On Mar 22, 2021
Iamdemola1:

You have spoken quite well but I want to allay your fears a little.
1. The refinery has a massive design and it's also a Petrochemical company. In other words, the refinery also has a Petrochemical plant that ensures all parts of crude is used in producing other substances so no disposal of crude waste as such

2. There are cooling towers for extracting heat and recycling it for usage. No spillage or very minimal spillage of heat

@bolded, while i wouldn't want to sound like a pessimist, it would be instructive to note that Port Harcouirt refinery has same with Eleme petrochemicals, yet we have same chemicals being released from time to time, with its attendant negative impact on the health and safety of the populace and environment.

It is a good thing Lagosians will experience firsthand the fallout Riverians have been living with for over 50yrs. We have 2 refineries, The largest petrochemical plant in West Africa, nay Africa and a very expansive LNG plant. Wetin we dey see for Rivers no be small thing. Add oil spillage and oil bunkering to the mix.

Nigeria is a very unbalanced and immoral society but God go help us.
Re: Is Lagos A Good Place To Build A Refinery Like Dangote Refinery? by SavageResponse(m): 12:39pm On Mar 22, 2021
BlueSparks:

How old were you 2003. What age did you begin to become aware of societal issues. Would you get the fvck outta my mention. You swine

So you think everyone here is ignorant and you can bamboozle us with your nonsense.

Building a pipeline from Nigeria to Europe is the most ridiculous thing I have heard this year, Nigeria's entire annual budget would not even be enough to finance that project.

I challenge you to publish a signed document that lays credence to that project such as the Final Investment Decision (FID) and I will pay you $1,000 now
Re: Is Lagos A Good Place To Build A Refinery Like Dangote Refinery? by BlueSparks: 12:43pm On Mar 22, 2021
SavageResponse:

So you think everyone here is ignorant and you can bamboozle us with your nonsense.

Building a pipeline from Nigeria to Europe is the most ridiculous thing I have heard this year, Nigeria's entire annual budget would not even be enough to finance that project.

I challenge you to publish a signed document that lays credence to that project such as the Final Investment Decision (FID) and I will pay you $1,000 now

Smiles

Atypical. Black race and the argument from emotions rather than actual events.

Anyways,since you assume I'm broke. I take up the challenge but give you back $960. Spend $40 look for a project research assistant on the forum. Pay whomever suits your desireability $40 to do the digging for you,in a week you'll have your reply. If I'm not correct,I owe you 100,000 Naira

You have a week. Your time starts now.
Re: Is Lagos A Good Place To Build A Refinery Like Dangote Refinery? by SavageResponse(m): 12:45pm On Mar 22, 2021
BlueSparks:

Smiles

Atypical. Black race and the argument from emotions rather than actual events.

Anyways,since you assume I'm broke. I take up the challenge but give you back $960. Spend $40 look for a project research assistant on the forum. Pay whomever suits your desireability $40 to do the digging for you,in a week you'll have your reply. If I'm not correct,I owe you 100,000 Naira

You have a week. Your time starts now.

Provide documentary proof of your nonsensical claim and I will pay you $5,000 now, no questions asked
Re: Is Lagos A Good Place To Build A Refinery Like Dangote Refinery? by BlueSparks: 12:52pm On Mar 22, 2021
SavageResponse:

Provide documentary proof of your nonsensical claim and I will pay you $5,000 now, no questions asked

My dear, I thought you were wise. Give that audio $5000 of yours to your mum.

If you have $5000 to wager on your assumptions in life you'll hand it to a third party then, you'll be considered serious.

I give you $1 billion dollars to also prove that I'm wrong. Let's see if you're the only crazy fella around that can spin up numbers

Get the fvck of my mentions dwib
Re: Is Lagos A Good Place To Build A Refinery Like Dangote Refinery? by SavageResponse(m): 1:31pm On Mar 22, 2021
BlueSparks:

My dear, I thought you were wise. Give that audio $5000 of yours to your mum.

If you have $5000 to wager on your assumptions in life you'll hand it to a third party then, you'll be considered serious.

I give you $1 billion dollars to also prove that I'm wrong. Let's see if you're the only crazy fella around that can spin up numbers

Get the fvck of my mentions dwib

If you need proof that I have the money say so and I will show you an extract of the balance in my US$ dom account.

I can afford to wager that amount because I know you will never be able to prove the nonsense you're blabbing about!

Building a pipeline from Nigeria to Europe is akin to importing coal from South Africa to be used in Enugu when even a fo0l knows that Enugu is sitting on a huge coal deposit; only an idiot would embark on such a project.

I'm sure you're most likely an ignorant backroom technician or engineer in an oil installation somewhere who is not even in the decision making cadre but who wants to run his mouth by arguing blindly.

Let me tell you something, it's the financial guys like myself that determine whether a project in the oil sector gets done or not!

We do this by building financial models and risk heat maps etc to determine the economic viability of a project.

Analysis of quantitative and qualitative factors for an undersea pipeline from Nigeria to mainland Europe
- It costs an average of $200,000 to construct one mile of oil pipeline on land; that cost will triple if you want to do it underwater

- For each mile of oil pipeline depending on the diameter you need to have a compression station to pump the oil; an undersea pipleline of that length would require thousands of compression stations and each would would have to be powered with electricity supply.

- Crude oil is thick and viscous therefore you would need to heat it depending on the viscosity; under water this cost would more than triple because sea water is cold therefore you would need more heating capacity to keep the crude in a fluid state.

- The environmental impact of a ruptured under sea pipeline is more severe than that which happens on land

- It takes more time to determine where the actual leak happened, when tracing a leak time is of the essence

- Even when you and able to determine the leak and shut off the supply from the nearest valve or compression station the crude oil that is already in the pipeline alone would be enough to fill a super tanker of VLCC class due to the length of the pipeline; all this oil will leak into the ocean and the damage would be catastrophic.

- The world is gradually moving a way from fossil fuel to electric vehicles; a project of this scale would take at least 20 years to complete and by that time 80% of the cars in Europe would be electric powered.

- There are other factors which I have not included but which also have huge financial implications for the project

Cost
The sheer cost of this project alone is more than enough to build a fleet of at least 300 ULCC supertankers which is a better alternative to ferry crude from Nigeria to Europe.

Availability of crude in Europe
Europe already has oil in the North sea, Norway and Russia which are nearer therefore it is just plain foolish to want to run a pipe from Nigeria. Even if they want to run a pipeline it makes more sense to do it from the middle east which has the best grade sweet crude available in the market

OPEC quota
Another challenge is that Nigeria is a member of OPEC and has an allocated quota of crude. It does not make any economic sense to build a pipeline with an infinite capacity when you know that you have a quota which you cannot exceed. it means that once the pipeline is able to meet Nigeria's monthly quota in 3 or 4 days it will have to be shut down for the rest of the month resulting in underutilisation of installed capacity...how very wasteful!

Conclusion
Your plan of running a pipeline from Nigeria to Europe is just plain daft and stupid; whoever proposes such a foolish project should be shot in the head!!!

5 Likes

Re: Is Lagos A Good Place To Build A Refinery Like Dangote Refinery? by Aconomist: 2:25pm On Mar 22, 2021
Daddysidhan:
calling your fellow anti Western Nigerian ass-holes to come and share their one sided views on a win win investment for Lagos and lagosians as a whole.
I am in 100% support of the refinery, at whatever cost.
Re: Is Lagos A Good Place To Build A Refinery Like Dangote Refinery? by H2ho(m): 2:44pm On Mar 22, 2021
Interesting.....Reading with my GHHR

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Can I Start Filling Gas Plant Business? Please Who Can Help? / Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) / Blogger Seun Oloketuyi Arrested For False Publications About Bank CEOs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.