Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,544 members, 7,819,934 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

A Message To Budaatum - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Message To Budaatum (1788 Views)

A Message To Budaatum / Happy Birthday Budaatum! / Questions For Budaatum: How Can You Follow Jesus Without Believing In Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Message To Budaatum by LordReed(m): 1:06pm On Oct 08, 2021
azraeljaheel:

lol you and lordreed must be on some kinda substance today! Lol

Ah that reminds me today is friday, gonna go get some happy juice.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Message To Budaatum by budaatum: 1:19pm On Oct 08, 2021
LordReed:

Ah that reminds me today is friday, gonna go get some happy juice.

My Lord, you are included in this. We need to discover how it is that Dt can not see the pit he is in. I figured since you and happy have been there you might know how to design an approach to cure it.
Re: A Message To Budaatum by LordReed(m): 1:25pm On Oct 08, 2021
budaatum:

My Lord, you are included in this. We need to discover how it is that Dt can not see the pit he is in. I figured since you and happy have been there you might know how to design an approach to cure it.

Hmmm, I dunno what type of approach might work for him. Being unwilling to accept facts is a huge shield to changing one's mind. The approach will have to rely less on facts and more of some other subtle appeals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Message To Budaatum by budaatum: 1:30pm On Oct 08, 2021
LordReed:

Hmmm, I dunno what type of approach might work for him. Being unwilling to accept facts is a huge shield to chang?ing one's mind. The approach will have to rely less on facts and more of some other subtle appeals.

Imagine a lawyer who does not seem to have attended Logic 101! His sort would not be our main focus, trust me. No one can open the eyes of a person who does not wish to see. I mean, all he has to do really is go back over his own posts and see how silly he is being. But would he go back and look? And if he looks will he see?

Hence, mud, my Lord. How do we exploit their love for mud.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Message To Budaatum by LordReed(m): 2:53pm On Oct 08, 2021
budaatum:

Imagine a lawyer who does not seem to have attended Logic 101! His sort would not be our main focus, trust me. No one can open the eyes of a person who does not wish to see. I mean, all he has to do really is go back over his own posts and see how silly he is being. But would he go back and look. And if he looks will he see?

Hence, mud, my Lord. How do we exploit their love for mud.

We can very well my dear buda. Only I am yet burdened by sorrow I can't make mud yet. May be I should take some time off Nairaland, could all this talking be making my wounds still fresh?
Re: A Message To Budaatum by budaatum: 4:21pm On Oct 08, 2021
LordReed:

Hmmm, I dunno what type of approach might work for him. Being unwilling to accept facts is a huge shield to changing one's mind. The approach will have to rely less on facts and more of some other subtle appeals.

Time will heal him. Nairaland is great for reflection. Someone is bound to drag him back to reconsider what he has written. One day his scales will drop.

1 Like

Re: A Message To Budaatum by budaatum: 4:26pm On Oct 08, 2021
LordReed:

We can very well my dear buda. Only I am yet burdened by sorrow I can't make mud yet. May be I should take some time off Nairaland, could all this talking be making my wounds still fresh?

I see your sorrow manifest as anger at those who used to be like you, and wonder when you'd get to the point of forgiving them. For like former you, they too know not what they currently do.

Good that you get to reflect on your wounds. Forgive yourself so you may heal please.

1 Like

Re: A Message To Budaatum by LordReed(m): 4:29pm On Oct 08, 2021
budaatum:

I see your sorrow manifest as anger at those who used to be like you, and wonder when you'd get to the point of forgiving them. For like former you, they too know not what they currently do.

Good that you get to reflect on your wounds. Forgive yourself so you may heal please.

Yeah I think that's it, I need to forgive myself. I think I am so mad at myself for being so foolish. I will work on this. Thanks my dear buda.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Message To Budaatum by LordReed(m): 4:30pm On Oct 08, 2021
budaatum:

Time will heal him. Nairaland is great for reflection. Someone is bound to drag him back to reconsider what he has written. One day his scales will drop.

I do hope so. It's so refreshing to not be a believer, facts are way more interesting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Message To Budaatum by budaatum: 4:59pm On Oct 08, 2021
LordReed:

I do hope so. It's so refreshing to not be a believer, facts are way more interesting.

Believers do not test their beliefs by checking the facts. They believe because their manna comes from heaven and fills their bellies, or they deceive themselves it does.

They need to be baptised in the Gospel of the Scientist Eve to discover that, "By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return”. The whole of Nigeria needs to discover that.

I'm trying to read Josef Bleicher, Contemporary Hermeneutics: Hermeneutics as Method, Philosophy and Critique. Read him describe Bass', "tension between logic and ethics". I'm still looking for a pdf.

2 Likes

Re: A Message To Budaatum by LordReed(m): 5:12pm On Oct 08, 2021
budaatum:

Believers do not test their beliefs by checking the facts. They believe because their manna must comes from heaven and fills their bellies, or they deceive themselves it does.

They need to be baptised in the Gospel of the Scientist Eve to discover that, "By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return”. The whole of Nigeria needs to discover that.

I'm trying to read Josef Bleicher, Contemporary Hermeneutics: Hermeneutics as Method, Philosophy and Critique. Read him describe Bass', "tension between logic and ethics". I'm still looking for a pdf.

Here's a link to the pdf:

https://book4you.org/book/3607831/56aa47

It might need you to open an account but it's free so go for it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Message To Budaatum by budaatum: 5:24pm On Oct 08, 2021
LordReed:

Here's a link to the pdf:

https://book4you.org/book/3607831/56aa47

It might need you to open an account but it free so go for it.

Na, didn't even need to register. Thanks.
I've got the physical book. Page 20.
Re: A Message To Budaatum by budaatum: 5:50pm On Oct 08, 2021
By the way, that book is a footnote in Heidegger.
I'm checking sources, while seeking understanding.
Re: A Message To Budaatum by HappyPagan: 7:08pm On Oct 08, 2021
budaatum:
Actually, Happy, The Gods are wise, for this is a very good thread to begin. Nag me on telegram though, I don't know how.

Premise: Like for most, the disease is ignorance - the lack of understanding, or understanding only so little.

Project: An organised, technological approach to saving Hell.

https://t[b]DOT[/b]me/HappyPagan

Take out the [....] (including the square brackets)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Message To Budaatum by budaatum: 9:37pm On Apr 02, 2022

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reflecting On Pastor Dare Adeboye's Death. What If It Was Daddy Freeze? / Who Is Jesus? / Muslim Baby Adopted To Prevent 'Honour Killing & Bloodbath ,' Uk Judge Rule

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.