Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,276 members, 7,860,640 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:37 PM

Buhari Is Unacceptable To Many- Pat Utomi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Is Unacceptable To Many- Pat Utomi (1729 Views)

Nigeria / Why Saraki's Arraignment Is Unacceptable To Objective Observers / Buhari’s Appointments Unacceptable To Ndigbo – Ohaneze Youth Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Is Unacceptable To Many- Pat Utomi by Alxmyr(m): 9:54am On Apr 15, 2011
Analysts have identified several reasons why the incumbent president, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan will win Saturday Presidential election. Several factors seem to work for the President which includes the inability of the opposition to form the much-touted alliance and present a formidable candidate against the incumbent.
Meanwhile Professor Pat Utomi, has described one of the leading contender in the race, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari as unacceptable by many Nigerian. He was quoted by a foreign newspaper saying."People may want an alternative but Jonathan will probably win a run-off with Gen. Buhari, who in many ways is unacceptable to so many people. So with the failure of the opposition to unite around one candidate and faced with a run-off between Jonathan or Buhari, many of them may vote for the sitting president."
In the same vein, Professor Wole Soyinka has described the ground on which Gen. Buhari is being projected to Nigerians as dangerous. He said, ‘the grounds on which General Buhari is being promoted as alternative choice is not only shaky, but pitifully naïve’
Also Save Nigeria Group, a pressure group whose former convener, Pastor Tunde Bakare, the vice president candidate of Gen. Buhari has dissociated itself from Bakare’s ambition.
The biggest blow to the chance of the opposition in Saturday’s election was the failed alliance talk between Buhari CPC and Bola Tinubu’s Action Congress of Nigeria ACN. It was alleged on Tuesday that Pastor Bakare refused to sign a post-dated resignation letter which would have sealed the alliance deal.
However, the People’s Democratic Party’s candidate President Goodluck Jonathan seems to be sure of victory as he enjoyed support of many Nigerians.
States the Presdient Goodluck will win outrightly
The President may win over 50% in the following States:
Bayelsa, Rivers, Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Delta, Edo, Ondo, Imo, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, Abia, Plateau, Kogi, Benue, Kwara, Taraba, Adamawa, Oyo, Ogun, Lagos, Sokoto, Jigawa and FCT Abuja.
Jonathan’s PDP may win over 25% votes in the remaining states. Nigeria has 36 states and FCT Abuja.

http://africandissent.com/buhari-is-unacceptable-to-many-pat-utomi-p170-1.htm
Re: Buhari Is Unacceptable To Many- Pat Utomi by Bintus2much(m): 10:26am On Apr 15, 2011
What is Pat Utomi saying? Is Buhari unacceptable to him as well? He should be direct in his speech and dont use the people to cover what he thinks about Buahri, Lets allow time and the peoples' choice to decide and stop all these general assumptions
Re: Buhari Is Unacceptable To Many- Pat Utomi by hannie: 10:34am On Apr 15, 2011
Utomi needs to shut his mout up . . .

sour grapes grin
Re: Buhari Is Unacceptable To Many- Pat Utomi by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 15, 2011
So jonathan will get 50% votes in SW?
Re: Buhari Is Unacceptable To Many- Pat Utomi by hannie: 10:52am On Apr 15, 2011
^ na yam ? grin
Re: Buhari Is Unacceptable To Many- Pat Utomi by otukpo(f): 10:59am On Apr 15, 2011
Words of wisdom from the Prof.

He who has ears ,
Re: Buhari Is Unacceptable To Many- Pat Utomi by babytoun: 11:02am On Apr 15, 2011

So jonathan will get 50% votes in SW?

50% is definitely an understatement. with Ribadu already showing that he was never really serious afterall, you can bet that GEJ will sweep the SW votes. mark my words
Re: Buhari Is Unacceptable To Many- Pat Utomi by hannie: 11:04am On Apr 15, 2011
babytoun:

50% is definitely an understatement. with Ribadu already showing that he was never really serious afterall, you can bet that GEJ will sweep the SW votes. mark my words

how old are u ?
Re: Buhari Is Unacceptable To Many- Pat Utomi by babytoun: 11:07am On Apr 15, 2011
^^^^^^^^^

You sure dont want to tred that path with me, you will be left bruised in the end. state you assumptions and stop asking me silly questions.
Re: Buhari Is Unacceptable To Many- Pat Utomi by efisher(m): 11:11am On Apr 15, 2011
Many respectable people in this country have said the same thing in different ways including Wole Soyinka. Even Bakare said the same thing before he decided to join in the game.
Re: Buhari Is Unacceptable To Many- Pat Utomi by hannie: 11:13am On Apr 15, 2011
babytoun:

^^^^^^^^^

You sure dont want to tred that path with me, you will be left bruised in the end. state you assumptions and stop asking me silly questions.

looking thru ur profile

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=593423;sa=showPosts

I found out u are a newbie and probably dont know u are treading where the worst of NL dare tread since 2005 . . .

I will overlook ur ignorance as u are a lady, if for say na man I for tear am apart  grin
Re: Buhari Is Unacceptable To Many- Pat Utomi by switch47(m): 11:15am On Apr 15, 2011
Pat Utomi is very much correct.as for me,my family and my extended family and majority of my associates We are going to Vote for Goodluck Jonathan!!
Re: Buhari Is Unacceptable To Many- Pat Utomi by NAJALYN: 11:22am On Apr 15, 2011
I expect land-slide victory by PDP in the Presidential Election. GEJ for President.
Re: Buhari Is Unacceptable To Many- Pat Utomi by Pukkah: 11:23am On Apr 15, 2011
Hmmm,Buhari is unacceptable to many and he IS also acceptable to many. He also forgot to add that Jonathan is not acceptable to many. It is these people that would find Mr Jonathan unacceptable at the end of the election that would make the difference.
Re: Buhari Is Unacceptable To Many- Pat Utomi by switch47(m): 11:24am On Apr 15, 2011
@hannie
sharrap there & stop asking yeye questions.get a life ,na on top Nl you dey form boss abi your mumu don ripe?? Coconut head.okay i be man come tear apart on top internet. Rubbish.
Re: Buhari Is Unacceptable To Many- Pat Utomi by NAJALYN: 11:25am On Apr 15, 2011
I expect land-slide victory by PDP in the Presidential Election. GEJ for President.
Re: Buhari Is Unacceptable To Many- Pat Utomi by mbulela: 11:26am On Apr 15, 2011
He endorsed Shekarau.
So I guess Shekarau is more acceptable than Buhari  tongue
Re: Buhari Is Unacceptable To Many- Pat Utomi by hannie: 11:36am On Apr 15, 2011
@Switch47

u don carry ur virus enter here grin

WEREY PATAKI!!! grin

U think say na Chelsea we dey talk about ?

u no even wan know why I ask hin age, u wan dey form voltron?
Re: Buhari Is Unacceptable To Many- Pat Utomi by switch47(m): 11:41am On Apr 15, 2011
@hannie
lol i be think say na chelsea o. Brother ódé!! Leave matter, face issues jare. I no be voltron o. I am optimus prime!!
Re: Buhari Is Unacceptable To Many- Pat Utomi by hannie: 11:57am On Apr 15, 2011
tumfulu grin

how much GEJ give u ?

my thoughts are well documented, you all know the elections will be rigged in favour of GEJ but stop making it look like he will win free and square. cool
Re: Buhari Is Unacceptable To Many- Pat Utomi by OmoTier1(m): 1:54pm On Apr 15, 2011
why should anyone listen to a man who went into a race and forgot his sprint shoes at home?

The question yo be asked is:If Pat Utomi was acceptable to many why did he chicken out from the presidential race? Abeg make we forget all these seasonal politrickian that only come when the storm of election is far near like Christ Okotie would do!

To every Nigerian, do not let what i say or what pat utomi said sway you to vote for any body. You have your own innate reasoning ability to x-ray each candidate and vote the one you think will help you achieve the Nigeria of your dream to make it a reality.
Re: Buhari Is Unacceptable To Many- Pat Utomi by redsun(m): 2:08pm On Apr 15, 2011
Nigeria presidential race is more like a race between the devil and the deep blue.Jonathan being the obvious devil,while the oppositions seem like the thunderous oceans.

The whole thing will end up null and void because nigerian society is not truly ready for a fundamental change.True change come with the ability of the mind to reason between what is right and wrong and this ability is alarming lacking in today's nigeria.
Re: Buhari Is Unacceptable To Many- Pat Utomi by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 15, 2011
Pat Utomi is seen as clueless and selfish to many
Re: Buhari Is Unacceptable To Many- Pat Utomi by hannie: 2:17pm On Apr 15, 2011
God bless the last 3 posters.

well said!!!
Re: Buhari Is Unacceptable To Many- Pat Utomi by Beaf: 2:22pm On Apr 15, 2011
hannie:

looking thru your profile

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=593423;sa=showPosts

I found out u are a newbie and probably dont know u are treading where the worst of NL dare tread since 2005 . . .

I will overlook your ignorance as u are a lady, if for say na man I for tear am apart grin

Dunce.
Re: Buhari Is Unacceptable To Many- Pat Utomi by Xfactoria: 2:23pm On Apr 15, 2011
@hannie:

Pat Utomi is talking from an informed position. It is your headache if you don't agree with him.
Re: Buhari Is Unacceptable To Many- Pat Utomi by Beaf: 2:24pm On Apr 15, 2011
Pat Utomi is very right about Buhari. Nigeria does not need that sort of primitive leader in the 21st century.
Lets not forget that Utomi and Soyinka are some of our brightest.
Re: Buhari Is Unacceptable To Many- Pat Utomi by juman(m): 2:24pm On Apr 15, 2011

The biggest blow to the chance of the opposition in Saturday’s election was the failed alliance talk between Buhari CPC and Bola Tinubu’s Action Congress of Nigeria ACN. It was alleged on Tuesday that Pastor Bakare refused to sign a post-dated resignation letter which would have sealed the alliance deal.

For God sake don't heap all the blame and failure of General Buhari handlers on Pastor Tunde Bakare. Why? Why? and Why?

He was invited by General Buhari nah.

How will he accept humiliation like that. No.

We need to commend him for coming out and participating in the process to make the country better. But he has his own dignity to defend.
Re: Buhari Is Unacceptable To Many- Pat Utomi by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 15, 2011
Beaf:

Pat Utomi is very right about Buhari. Nigeria does not need that sort of primitive leader in the 21st century.
Lets not forget that Utomi and Soyinka are some of our brightest.
Yeah, right undecided but why did he run away? I am so sure he could not even fill up a small conference room at any of his rallies
Re: Buhari Is Unacceptable To Many- Pat Utomi by juman(m): 2:30pm On Apr 15, 2011
President Jonathan will win, the generality of people want him.

Goodluck Jonah to everybody of us.
Re: Buhari Is Unacceptable To Many- Pat Utomi by hannie: 2:54pm On Apr 15, 2011
@Beaf

u be incurable asswipe, u wan make I wack ur head again ?

ediot!

u want to tell me u dont know what Utomi has been saying about ur principal GEJ ?

he said GEJ IS A CRIMINAL!!!

The fact that Utomi is bad-mouthing Buhari out of bad belle doesnt cut it with me . . .

Utomi was part of the reasons why Awolowo wasnt chanced to take our nation to the promised land. I cringe at the thought of wanking to every statement people like Utomi spurt . . .

when people that hobnobbed with Shagari and Akinjide then talk I am always careful . . .when they say its morning already I first go outside to check . . .

u Arrow!
Re: Buhari Is Unacceptable To Many- Pat Utomi by hannie: 2:57pm On Apr 15, 2011
One wonders why Utomi still cant forgive Buhari all these years ?

Ok I get it! maybe because I havent forgiven Buhari for his senseless incarcerations of his tenure, especially that of TAI SOLARIN, my mentor. cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osama Bin Laden And His Years As An Arsenal Fan / Lagos To Buy Old Trains From Toronto, Are They Safe Enough? / Ochiagha Reagan Ufomba : Towering High.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.