Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light (50295 Views)

How Can I Recall A Payment Or Cancel It As A Zelle User? (what To Do) / What Was It Like Growing Up In The 80s And 90s In Lagos / Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by babyabby466: 12:28pm On Mar 24, 2021
Samiah33:

Tiger ke, wey dey quick melt? Oga na Flash be the best for am
Na Flash ba3 strong pass. Remove and keep for days or sun dry it, it will be back to work
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 24, 2021
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by Aziishyco(m): 12:31pm On Mar 24, 2021
You mean Mpa n'aka those days ���
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by do4luv14(m): 12:32pm On Mar 24, 2021
Truthabulabula:

Not everyone will understand.

If you used this torch while growing up, please indicate cheesy

I used it wella, with two small tiger battary for the small one, and big for big one
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by Kayberg: 12:33pm On Mar 24, 2021
That was in the days when boys love using torches, and seeing its lights than uncovering the unclothedness of every female that comes along.

Things have changed now.
Good old days.
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by Danboy43: 12:36pm On Mar 24, 2021
If you use the torch and you never marry think twice.
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by Nobody: 12:38pm On Mar 24, 2021
tico1212:
And the plastic ones... Good old days

I used the plastic type through my boarding school. Once you remove the battery and keep in sun, you are good to go for the next night.
And the iron type with big head are for those security men and hunters.
The thing dey catch eyes eh, na why those hunters den dey catch better meat like Antelope and co.
Not now that we use chinco rechargeable torch for country wey no get light.
Hahahaha, far back boarding school torch. You have this, you were a big boy.
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by PotatoSalad(m): 12:38pm On Mar 24, 2021
We remove the bulb and use to make our own torch with wires, tiger batteries and abro tape. Some make diy switches if they're cool enough with science projects.

The two battery torch was common. Then there's the 3 battery own, and 5 I think.
When the batteries go bad, we break off the round caps, use bic cover to make koloso grin
Good old days.

2 Likes

Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by Nobody: 12:41pm On Mar 24, 2021
PotatoSalad:
We remove the bulb and use to make our own torch with wires, tiger batteries and abro tape. Some make diy switches if they're cool enough with science projects.

The two battery torch was common. Then there's the 3 battery own, and 5 I think.
When the batteries go bad, we break off the round caps, use bic cover to make koloso grin
Good old days.
Indeed, this is an old man.. lolz. Dormo sir!

1 Like

Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by tico1212(m): 12:41pm On Mar 24, 2021
AffSynergy:

Hahahaha, far back boarding school torch. You have this, you were a big boy.

I'm telling you. We use am cause trouble then.
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by olaolulazio(m): 12:43pm On Mar 24, 2021
Xenry:
This torch and tiger battery (big) na 5&6, and it is unbreakable.
I remember using it then, and I loved pressing the red button to make it flash the light, good old days though.
May u live long.
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by Goalnaldo(m): 12:43pm On Mar 24, 2021
Good old days. The torch has spring in the cover. The bulb is replaceable too and the light produced is yellowish.
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by Xenry: 12:44pm On Mar 24, 2021
olaolulazio:
May u live long.

Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by ceeceeco: 12:46pm On Mar 24, 2021
This is between the 90's/early 2000.
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by Airoflaw(m): 12:49pm On Mar 24, 2021
Enudapan:
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so sophisticated

Time really flies
I remember this
The only touch light that can fall ten times without spoiling, unlike the plastic ones that can easily spoil by mere looking at it

Although the yellow light is not cool
business strategy. The more it breaks the more you buy
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by ayojohn4real: 1:04pm On Mar 24, 2021
God bless you OP . this Picture brought back the good old memories hmmm my papa dey use this torch light my brain no be small
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by woleabayo(f): 1:05pm On Mar 24, 2021
we use am pa,
na tiger batery he de use,
he get big and small,
we even they pack am if the battery don they shake...
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by Nuelito: 1:06pm On Mar 24, 2021
2emotional:

Guess you are from nsukka enugu state

Yes bro
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by 2emotional(m): 1:10pm On Mar 24, 2021
Nuelito:

Yes bro
Its obvious... I used ochanga wella. Graduated to utukpe before torch grin
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by khengxlei(m): 1:11pm On Mar 24, 2021
de way I dey like press dat red light eh grin grin
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:11pm On Mar 24, 2021
DeSepiero:
...and we got to insert 50kobo coin inside sometimes to help it work.

You must be married with grandchildren grin
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by Vabasi(m): 1:13pm On Mar 24, 2021
When my battery die I go comot am dry am near fire put am again, omo the tin go shine pass new battery...but e no go last long. That was how I use to recharge my tiger head battery.

Good old days.
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by Nuelito: 1:14pm On Mar 24, 2021
2emotional:

Its obvious... I used ochanga wella. Graduated to utukpe before torch grin

Utukpe bu maka ndi nwere ego cos if the
Akwa-utukpe break eeeh...Nne na na gi ga akuu gi ife thinker na akuu pan.

We even used Ochanja to read back then..the smoke from it go just fill up the whole room but we being no send then.
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by 2emotional(m): 1:18pm On Mar 24, 2021
Nuelito:

Utukpe bu maka ndi nwere ego cos if the
Akwa-utukpe break eeeh...Nne na na gi ga akuu gi ife thinker na akuu pan.

We even used Ochanja to read back then..the smoke from it go just fill up the whole room but we being no send then.
Good old days. Nwoke akago

1 Like

Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by armadeo(m): 1:19pm On Mar 24, 2021
phr0nesis:
Present Sir

Whenever I mistakenly tap on nairaland ad and try to cancel it, it never works. That ad most load completely

Thats the fastest aspect of this site. Sometimes you can just look at it and it will load.
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by Nuelito: 1:22pm On Mar 24, 2021
2emotional:

Good old days. Nwoke akago

Oburo obere ife grin
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by BizBayo: 1:27pm On Mar 24, 2021
Lucasmuyiwa:
Big tiger batteries dey sleep under sun then like mad. Sometimes when the light is shaking you will just be turning it's head and bottom like you dey set camera grin

That head turning men cheesy grin grin
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by Johnchrix(m): 1:28pm On Mar 24, 2021
DeSepiero:
...and we got to insert 50kobo coin inside sometimes to help it work.

Oga boss, hope u are married with kids now?
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by EmmaLege: 1:42pm On Mar 24, 2021
Good old days grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Earn Up To #350,000 Every Month By Becoming A Bet9ja Agent!!! / Lady With Four Fingers Cause Twitter Meltdown... (photos) / Suggest Ways One Can Leave Cultism Without Being Hurt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.