Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light (50323 Views)

How Can I Recall A Payment Or Cancel It As A Zelle User? (what To Do) / What Was It Like Growing Up In The 80s And 90s In Lagos / Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by Joygift3666: 1:45pm On Mar 24, 2021
With tigerhead batteries
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by Joygift3666: 1:47pm On Mar 24, 2021
When the batteries were wearing out.
DeSepiero:
...and we got to insert 50kobo coin inside sometimes to help it work.
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by awajiebenezer(m): 1:48pm On Mar 24, 2021
Truthabulabula:
Not everyone will understand.

If you used this torch while growing up, please indicate cheesy
sure I did
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by sophy17(m): 1:49pm On Mar 24, 2021
Truthabulabula:

Lol! I remember placing the batteries under the sun to charge it. Lols
And buying bulb to replace the burnt one.
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by Joygift3666: 1:50pm On Mar 24, 2021
Tiger head stamp their trademark on it.
tico1212:
And the plastic ones... Good old days

I used the plastic type through my boarding school. Once you remove the battery and keep in sun, you are good to go for the next night.
And the iron type with big head are for those security men and hunters.
The thing dey catch eyes eh, na why those hunters den dey catch better meat like Antelope and co.
Not now that we use chinco rechargeable torch for country wey no get light.
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by lastempero: 1:54pm On Mar 24, 2021
phr0nesis:

Money must be made cheesy

Na so !!!
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by lastempero: 1:54pm On Mar 24, 2021
Joygift3666:
With tigerhead batteries

Tiger dey soak after a while but oga 'flash' na die with full current.
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by KingMack(m): 2:04pm On Mar 24, 2021
Na this torch Dem take dey bash our head if we Bleep upp for house

Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by Nobody: 2:06pm On Mar 24, 2021
DeSepiero:
bros ur head dey there chai good old days.

but laslas na me spoil the touch o lol,I had to fix it using those coins to avoid punishment
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by Kayharry(m): 2:14pm On Mar 24, 2021
Enoch07:

LOL!! relax, na lie
Hausa people still sell it . Check mushin or agege market
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by Jeffy1206(m): 2:20pm On Mar 24, 2021
When the batteries are dead, remove them put under the sun and if it doesn't work, hit the two bottom very hard. gbam!!! your battery don charge again grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy kiss

1 Like

Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by Proffdada: 2:32pm On Mar 24, 2021
Pidginwhisper:
This Torch and Tiger battery(big) back then na mad combo grin.
You've forgotten, it's Berec batteries then

Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by Bluntguy: 2:42pm On Mar 24, 2021
DeSepiero:
Hahahaha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by hillshark: 2:48pm On Mar 24, 2021
Legends
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by muyico(m): 2:57pm On Mar 24, 2021
d neck of that touch light we put it inside fire when is hot we of slipper den mk Tyler of our small car

1 Like

Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by Regex: 2:59pm On Mar 24, 2021
Una weh use that torch suppose don born like two now.
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by meliziz12(m): 3:02pm On Mar 24, 2021
I used it wella it's bad I'm still not married �
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by DeSepiero(m): 3:03pm On Mar 24, 2021
Johnchrix:

Oga boss, hope u are married with kids now?

Hahahaha
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by madridsta007(m): 3:12pm On Mar 24, 2021
Truthabulabula:

Hitting it when the light is dim. undecided
Putting a coin inside the torch, to create electrical contact between the battery and the metal.
When the torch drops on the ground, stretching your leg so it falls on your leg in order to prevent the glass from breaking grin
Going to buy Tiger battery from Malam at night. cheesy
Putting the battery outside under the sun to charge. Who said this works? undecided
Getting smashed on the head with the Torch if you misbehave. sad

2 Likes

Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by tosan245(m): 3:19pm On Mar 24, 2021
Followed with "Tiger Head" Battery ..lol
How time flies.
Xenry:
This torch and big tiger batteries na 5&6, and the torch is unbreakable.
I remember using it then, and I loved pressing the red button to make it flash the light, good old days though.
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by phr0nesis(m): 3:51pm On Mar 24, 2021
armadeo:

Thats the fastest aspect of this site. Sometimes you can just look at it and it will load.
I swear. Too fast
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by Poloyanabo2(m): 4:04pm On Mar 24, 2021
phr0nesis:
Present Sir

Whenever I mistakenly tap on nairaland ad and try to cancel it, it never works. That ad must load completely
You're using Chrome?
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by Laboni: 4:06pm On Mar 24, 2021
FreeSpirited:
Everyone go be forming Old folks, touch that was still very much available around 2003
Till 2009 self especially in the villages.
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by Laboni: 4:08pm On Mar 24, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

The tiger batteries gives it all its weight! Three months after, the battery starts melting, light starts fluctuating and getting dim. cheesy
3 months ke, two to three weeks, the light starts getting dim..
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by Laboni: 4:10pm On Mar 24, 2021
generalwo:
......... Present sir.....na 2 tiger head big battery e dey use..... The battery na red in color....... Them dey sell the bulb ten naira for stores........
I been dey buy full packet of battery those days.. A pair na 35-40 naira then.

1 Like

Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by Laboni: 4:13pm On Mar 24, 2021
Angelfrost:

Yeah... Buhari messed up big time!

I will never understand or fully comprehend what Nigerians were thinking voting him into office in 2015! What sort of mass amnesia was that?!!

This nation is overpopulated with dullards!
It’s because of TRIBALISM
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by budaatum: 4:33pm On Mar 24, 2021
Many will not understand how much better life has become. When I advanced from reading with candle to lantern to this torch, it was like I entered heaven, though it was hell finding money for batteries.

Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by Exodora: 4:33pm On Mar 24, 2021
I still have them though not in use was planning of selling them as scrab sef.
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by Sterope(f): 4:37pm On Mar 24, 2021
It was still around in 2000. undecided
hannysur8:
Indomie generations should not comment abeg, they have nothing to say on this
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by phr0nesis(m): 4:49pm On Mar 24, 2021
Poloyanabo2:

You're using Chrome?
Opera beta o
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by emecheboy2(m): 5:00pm On Mar 24, 2021
DeSepiero:
Dem born you for 70's or early 80's.
So true guy.
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by wman(m): 5:06pm On Mar 24, 2021
The batteries don't last long.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Earn Up To #350,000 Every Month By Becoming A Bet9ja Agent!!! / Lady With Four Fingers Cause Twitter Meltdown... (photos) / World's Tallest Dog ZEUS. 7-foot Tall And Weighs 70kg. (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.