Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,352 members, 7,819,253 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light (50337 Views)

How Can I Recall A Payment Or Cancel It As A Zelle User? (what To Do) / What Was It Like Growing Up In The 80s And 90s In Lagos / Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by ridwanlawal: 5:11pm On Mar 24, 2021
We na steal we dey steal battery. We go replace our dead battery with anyone we see under sun wey the owner dey charge .
This was the first discovery of SOLAR
Remembered using The coin inside to buy sweet then. Wetin happen that day up till this day I can't relate
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by xjiggy: 5:15pm On Mar 24, 2021
Meeeennn. You must be in the 70s set to know this touch. This was the same period Stoves had 2 burners with a kerosene bottle. Children born in the late 80s and early 90s witnessed the plastic version. I remember my Father transferring the Big Tiger batteries from the radio to this touch in order to maximize the battery use. Used to charge those batteries in the sun to revitalize them. Not these useless batteries nowadays that cannot power ordinary remote control for a month.
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by Burgerlomo: 5:38pm On Mar 24, 2021
grin
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by KINGKONG(m): 5:47pm On Mar 24, 2021
DeSepiero:
...and we got to insert 50kobo coin inside sometimes to help it work.
To lap the battery well..... and we go dey recharge tiger head battery for sun everyday
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by GoldHorse(m): 6:45pm On Mar 24, 2021
DeSepiero:

I am sure you mean 5 kobo. 50 kobo was paper money (brownish) back then. cheesy
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by GoldHorse(m): 6:47pm On Mar 24, 2021
babyabby466:

Na Flash ba3 strong pass. Remove and keep for days or sun dry it, it will be back to work

No be Flash strong pass o na BEREC batteries o. Na later Flash come grin grin
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by Munzy14(m): 8:52pm On Mar 24, 2021
This touch...tiger head and flash battery that year...With 10naira bulb...

I use am look for trouble well well...I will be flashing light on people at night as a little boy then...

1 Like

Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by mrkings84(m): 8:53pm On Mar 24, 2021
DeSepiero:

True true u use this torch
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by officialfestus(m): 9:35pm On Mar 24, 2021
tico1212:
And the plastic ones... Good old days

I used the plastic type through my boarding school. Once you remove the battery and keep in sun, you are good to go for the next night.
And the iron type with big head are for those security men and hunters.
The thing dey catch eyes eh, na why those hunters den dey catch better meat like Antelope and co.
Not now that we use chinco rechargeable torch for country wey no get light.
you really abi am...na through this touch I learn electrical work... Bulb 10naira
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by Emmanuel010414(m): 9:56pm On Mar 24, 2021
Xenry:
This torch and big tiger batteries na 5&6, and the torch is unbreakable.
I remember using it then, and I loved pressing the red button to make it flash the light, good old days though.
You too know the torch.
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by Xenry: 9:58pm On Mar 24, 2021
Emmanuel010414:
You too know the torch.
Asswear. grin

Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by FreeSpirited: 10:04pm On Mar 24, 2021
Laboni:
Till 2009 self especially in the villages.
You dey mind our Nairaland people
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by Immorttal: 10:20pm On Mar 24, 2021
phr0nesis:
Present Sir

Whenever I mistakenly tap on nairaland ad and try to cancel it, it never works. That ad must load completely
lol, na true oo. Tried it many times now. grin

1 Like

Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by stormborn28(m): 10:43pm On Mar 24, 2021
Yeah....'those days are gone' all by myself any more....
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by Whoknowsme: 11:08pm On Mar 24, 2021
quote author=hannysur8 post=100165705]Indomie generations should not comment abeg, they have nothing to say on this[/quote] grin grin
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by calcal: 1:54am On Mar 25, 2021
DeSepiero:

You right, I remember that procedure.
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by calcal: 1:59am On Mar 25, 2021
And we are told by then say Nigeria go better now we are close to retirement still no better.

In Russian, men's retirement age is 60, anyone that grows up with that torchlight is getting there.

Truthabulabula:

Not everyone will understand.

If you used this torch while growing up, please indicate cheesy
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by aalangel(f): 6:09am On Mar 25, 2021
Truthabulabula:

My parents used all sizes.
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by hucknall: 3:55pm On Mar 30, 2021
Thrash upon Thrash [s]
post=100165782:
Awwwwwwwww kiss
[/s]
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by Preciouskalu(f): 4:57pm On Apr 25, 2021
Truthabulabula:

I saw this torch light �
But as I was growing up I don't know what happened to it though I used it.
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by PayneEdward: 2:01pm On Jun 28, 2021
Indeed, those are really good. I also remember being a child and my dad bought us a lighter. I was collecting flags from around the world at that period and this purchase was something. I don’t remember what exactly it was, but it’s surely something related to solar flag pole light. Those are even better, to be honest, because of the rechargeable batteries and those small solar panels. Not going to lie, I have already ordered some and just wait for arrival. Small things like those makes the difference.
Re: I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light by Rba247: 9:55am On Oct 16, 2021
Good day,
My name is Raji Bolaji Adelami, I am a student in the department of Industrial Design at the Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA). Because of Nigeria's epileptic power supply, over 80% of Nigerians are under-electrified (meaning they have less than 18 hours of power per day), most Nigerians rely on torchlight to light up their dark nights, and despite our heavy reliance on torchlight, no torchlight is currently designed or manufactured in the country. As a result, I'd like to design and prototype a torchlight that is made in Nigeria, and for this to be effective I would need your feedback.

https:///project_imole
If you could share the link with your friends and family after filling out yours, it would be extremely helpful to me and the project.
Thank you very much!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am / Lady With Four Fingers Cause Twitter Meltdown... (photos) / Earn Up To #350,000 Every Month By Becoming A Bet9ja Agent!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.