Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

How A Teacher Flogged & Injured My Cousin At Nsude Seminary School (Graphic) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How A Teacher Flogged & Injured My Cousin At Nsude Seminary School (Graphic) (61911 Views)

Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him / French Teacher Who Covered His Body In Tattoos Banned From School (Graphic Pix) / UNESCO Appoints Dr Ifeyinwa Nsude Into Scientific Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Teacher Flogged & Injured My Cousin At Nsude Seminary School (Graphic) by Psoul(m): 9:47am On Mar 24, 2021
I don't support inflicting body injuries while disciplining children.
All the same, the way we are using two hands to grab the Western culture of not raising hands on children will do us much bad than good.
We are Africans, we discipline our children.
We flog and beat and also at the same time show love.
It has bn our way of life.
It has paid off most times.
Our parents did same to us.
It helped in shaping us.

Today's kids don't want to hear words,
They do whatever dey like
Not afraid to break rules
No respect to anyone.

Bn a teacher is not easy.
That your kid that was so difficult for you tame at home,
You push him out to that teacher to do the job for you.
At the end, you will condemn the teacher and refuse to show us the other side of ur kid.
It's not easy for teachers.

My child once complained to me out flogging she received from school.
I told her that her class teacher has every right to flog her just the same way I will at home.
So the best thing she should do is to avoid anything that will attract a teacher's cane on her body.
So you have to be a very good girl in the school.
Wt that she has no option than to comport herself knowing that I will not fight any teacher that disciplined her accordingly.
Stop fighting teachers before your kids.

I heard that seminary schools are places where good training is doled out on children but this isn't how to train a child, this is how you traumatize a child. This is how you raise a child who will grow up dysfunctional and psychologically wounded, unable to heal, manifesting the wound as negative social behaviors such as violence.

What you heard is correct. But if what you called good traning is pampering indiscipline, then you are wrong.
You must pass through strict discipline here. Then it's left for you to either live the life of a disciplined priest or not after ur ordination.
But so long as u are still passing through that training, you must show high level of discipline.

We were flogged and it did not kill us.
Tell that kid to stop breaking rules, no matter how insignificant that rule may seem.
Na from pick pocket armed robbery dey start.

Meanwhile,
I am not a Catholic
Not a Minister
Not a teacher
Just saying it the way it is.
Re: How A Teacher Flogged & Injured My Cousin At Nsude Seminary School (Graphic) by jaytee01(m): 10:59am On Mar 24, 2021
SKhanmi:
Brings to mind this quote "Let your children near no priest, for most are tainted by unnatural energies"

Still amazed at how people swallow the bs of how good training etc is provided in seminaries & mission schools. They are the cesspits of corruption itself. I know that world very well. Spits.
You don't know anything.
Re: How A Teacher Flogged & Injured My Cousin At Nsude Seminary School (Graphic) by Verysmart101: 11:33am On Mar 24, 2021
Ademola47:
His being a Rev. Father doesn't make him less criminally inclined.

It takes inner human nature, irrespective of title and position to be compassionate and understanding.

For the benefit of the boy's future, I'll advise you to forget about the case. Unnecessary media hyping that may follow afterward if otherwise poses threat to his future ambition.

Peace!

Shut up ur mouth fool.I pray similar cases befall all your children.idiot.
Re: How A Teacher Flogged & Injured My Cousin At Nsude Seminary School (Graphic) by Verysmart101: 11:36am On Mar 24, 2021
kingxsamz:
My definition of stupid people are those who will come here to say this is child abuse, but will enter another thread to say "spare the rod and spoil the child".
When a child is being hurt with an object as a form of discipline, you people will praise the act and say beating makes children behave, but when the child injures, you people will call it abuse.
No be from clap dance dey start? Clowns.

So flogging and peeling off the flesh of an innocent child is discipline right? No tell me,all because of training to be a priest.I pray such I'll similar fate will befall all ur kids.
Re: How A Teacher Flogged & Injured My Cousin At Nsude Seminary School (Graphic) by Verysmart101: 11:42am On Mar 24, 2021
YorubaLord:

Hence the reason why Nigeria can't progress. angry So what if you make him lose his job and he and his family begins to struggle, would that make you happy? Would you find satisfaction & happiness in it?

Of course, I can bet my life... you're just religious like millions of gullible Nigerians. You just go to church or mosque to mark register and learn nothing.

Thank God Nigeria is just wretched the way it is else, the whole world would have ended long ago. Arrogant Fool! angry

So how he brutalized the innocent boy for wat he didn't do isn't wickedness baa? So many things dey worry u for ur empty head.
Re: How A Teacher Flogged & Injured My Cousin At Nsude Seminary School (Graphic) by Verysmart101: 11:45am On Mar 24, 2021
Prettydamsel122:

This is the main problem we have in Nigeria. Abused psychological sick person would beget another. Just because you were physically abused and mentally abused doesn't make it right. By the way, what are you proud of? Which covid19 vaccine have you developed? How have you changed the world? If you haven't done any of this, you have no reason to be proud of your physical and psychological abuse.

And even if you scape through and become healed, not everyone would have that chance. Nothing makes ABUSE right

God bless you my brother.i know he will also abuse his own children the same way.
Re: How A Teacher Flogged & Injured My Cousin At Nsude Seminary School (Graphic) by Verysmart101: 11:51am On Mar 24, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

When I was a teacher, I was feared by even parents.

If you crossed my path at that time because I flogged your ward or child, I would have flogged even you too.

I don't know why many of you believe that corporal punishment is child abuse.

It is just another form of punishment.

Moreover, the way you are foaming at the mouth shows that you are a violent person. Perhaps even worse than those who use the rod.

U just dey craze,try that ur rascality come my side.See as u dey yarn say everybody dey fear you,so make we run leave nairaland for u? See as they brutalized this 12yr old boy so badly for something he knows nothing about and ur here boasting up and down.Take time ooooo
Re: How A Teacher Flogged & Injured My Cousin At Nsude Seminary School (Graphic) by Verysmart101: 11:52am On Mar 24, 2021
Tommmmybigd:
op shut up, you are very stupid, you said you want the guy loose his Job, you are really a mumu. man,see make I tell you, when I b dey for saint Augustine grammar school,A.K.A Ibu anyi danda,nkwerre l.g.a IMO State,the best school in IMO State,if you see the kind purnishment we received From jss1 to ss2 second term ehh, senior go flog you eh, if you go class you no go sit down,na normal thing for Borden schools because your little csusin will do the same to his junior when he reaches ss3, so no dey ,if you see the wound wey senior ukagba gave me ehh,now he's a medical doctor,so op forget that thing,na normal for dormitory school,we no dey complain, give your cousin money,buy him 2 set of provision,sendam go back, nothing come out,he no go die,

And wat are u now?
Re: How A Teacher Flogged & Injured My Cousin At Nsude Seminary School (Graphic) by Vietnaminfo(m): 1:12pm On Mar 24, 2021
The OP, the punishment is normal and don't see it as vindictive. I passed more than such punishment and it didn't kill me rather it placed me were I am today. Ours was at our back, inside feet and bare hands with guava cain. You should guess what we passed through. I could remember one day I came back and I removed my cloth to take my bath, my mum saw my back and started crying and asked me if I stool that someone gave me all these marks. It was painful but at a time it became part of us. The seminary formation are aware of such punishment and there is nothing you can do about it. Passing through seminary is a bitter experience that when you are out of the seminary, you will enjoy the training. Sorry to your cousin for such experience
Re: How A Teacher Flogged & Injured My Cousin At Nsude Seminary School (Graphic) by kingxsamz(m): 2:14pm On Mar 24, 2021
Verysmart101:

So flogging and peeling off the flesh of an innocent child is discipline right? No tell me,all because of training to be a priest.I pray such I'll similar fate will befall all ur kids.

Read to understand before you respond sometimes.
Re: How A Teacher Flogged & Injured My Cousin At Nsude Seminary School (Graphic) by Parashooter: 6:59pm On Mar 25, 2021
Basalt:

I can't see any of them on Facebook. Could you send the link of their profile?

From Okonkwo Concilia Nneka to Arise Nneka

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

If You Didn't Experience Flogging In School, You Are Still A Baby / 12 Things You Won’t Believe Have Proper Names / 10 Grammatical Jargons Often Used By Nigerians.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.