Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Are Sales Job Worth It ? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Are Sales Job Worth It ? (8294 Views)

Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. / Is This N25,000 For A 6.30am To 10pm Cleaner Job Worth It? / Opay Bike Rider And Sales Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Sales Job Worth It ? by Cooldiipo(m): 10:17am On Mar 23, 2021
shocked
Re: Are Sales Job Worth It ? by blazepascal(m): 10:19am On Mar 23, 2021
Bvlgari:

am with u my man...
cool
Bvlgari:

am with u my man...
Re: Are Sales Job Worth It ? by holubee21(m): 10:19am On Mar 23, 2021
Easily to grow your career but only for companies who values u and the position.. Not all these go and look for 30 million in a month as if we are not in the same country

5 Likes

Re: Are Sales Job Worth It ? by blazepascal(m): 10:20am On Mar 23, 2021
Bvlgari:

am with u my man...
cool
Re: Are Sales Job Worth It ? by Nobody: 10:24am On Mar 23, 2021
Angy55:
Sales job are everywhere and most times they don't pay more than 50k-60k and they entice you with commission.

The pressure that comes with target meeting is too high from some companies. If you don't have a strong mind you would nearly run mad.

Who told you, its between 50 - 60k? I guess its entry level sales job you were recruited for. Experienced earn above 250k to 600k depending.

2 Likes

Re: Are Sales Job Worth It ? by ayandee: 10:28am On Mar 23, 2021
flyca:
Depends on what type of sales and what type of company.
I think sales in a multinational company is okay. Sales Engineers in my company earn a big deal.
true especially anything related to equipment sale with a multinational company

2 Likes

Re: Are Sales Job Worth It ? by Angy55(f): 10:30am On Mar 23, 2021
omoakin76:
.... Haba it's not as terrible as that o. I have been in that field for 10yrs+ . In fmcg. Both personal care and Edible. Now my experience gives me an edge.

Those are sellable things. People need them on a daily basis. Give me a sales job in those two area and I will gladly do it because I have been there before.

But anything aside that as a sales rep I'm out of it. As a matter of fact I declined a job offer about 2 weeks ago, after I did my findings about the products I'm going to sale. Though the basic and the commission I'm going to have is enticing.

As an experience person is not every job offer one accepts. Unless the poster of this thread has no experience at all.

1 Like

Re: Are Sales Job Worth It ? by gabicon: 10:31am On Mar 23, 2021
Swealy:
I have gotten about 4 interviews in the past 2 weeks for jobs but they are all sales job
The job description including meeting targets and some commission based salary.
Any information will be appreciated

On of my biggest regrets today is the stand I took on sales and marketing jobs just before I graduated from university. They were a never for me, having grown and owning my own businesses I now see them as even more important than tech skill. What's the use of having a good product if you can't effectively market and sell it? Some people will say hire a sales n marketing person, but as the head of a business you have to be able to understand, control and set a vision for your business. Go check most successful CEOs and head of business one of their top skills are sales and marketing. Yes there is a lot of abuse in the sector but we need to learn to eat the hay and leave the sticks, take the skills and leave the malpractices.

Sales and marketing are critical skills to any career cos we all are selling something be it skills, goods or services.

8 Likes

Re: Are Sales Job Worth It ? by KingAzari: 10:34am On Mar 23, 2021
Multinational B2B... Yes
Re: Are Sales Job Worth It ? by SunTzu123(m): 10:36am On Mar 23, 2021
Swealy:
I have gotten about 4 interviews in the past 2 weeks for jobs but they are all sales job

The BEST thing any young person can do for himself/herself is to take sales job early in life. That's the best way to ride in ANY organisation. Even if you're planning on starting your own business, it's still a decider for the success of your business. I made the mistake early on. Let no one make the same mistake like I made

3 Likes

Re: Are Sales Job Worth It ? by Angy55(f): 10:36am On Mar 23, 2021
Bouz:
Who told you, its between 50 - 60k? I guess its entry level sales job you were recruited for. Experienced earn above 250k to 600k depending.

Entry level reason I said they are everywhere. And how many experienced sales jobs do recruiters and companies publish online this days? I knew what I meant when I wrote that.

Even me that is experienced in that area searching online day and night for experienced sales jobs how often do I see such openings unlike the random entry level sales job?
Re: Are Sales Job Worth It ? by Amanee(f): 10:41am On Mar 23, 2021
It's a difficult job which almost everyone runs away from. If you're the kind of person that is willing to do the work other people will not do, then try a sales job. You get a lot of skills in the process and you learn a lot
Re: Are Sales Job Worth It ? by Phillip2see: 10:51am On Mar 23, 2021
if you know how to manage money that is not your own, then you are good to go.
Re: Are Sales Job Worth It ? by Eriokanmi: 10:54am On Mar 23, 2021
Swealy:
The richest fellas in this world are sales people. Any job that entails meeting or serving people would make you go places. There might not be much there in terms of salary oo But by the time you ''put your eyes on the ground'' after getting employed, you'd wish you had been into sales much earlier

1 Like

Re: Are Sales Job Worth It ? by Swealy: 10:55am On Mar 23, 2021
Marvieduke:
It all depends on how interactive you are with people.
sincerely am an introvert i don't like talking and very bad at negotiating but I don't know if I will be good at marketing products
Re: Are Sales Job Worth It ? by Tunagee(m): 11:02am On Mar 23, 2021
Swealy:

I started my career as a sales agent on commission only for multinational firms. The truth is that, these firms would always expand, and if you are not a good sales person or not meeting up, they move you to those new depts.. Sales job can be very frustrating if you are not passionate and with the right skill. It has its advantages though, as you are most time out of the office, you can in the process attend other interviews while at work, you can go for trainings while at work, and can even do your personal business; most importantly, you are meeting new people and new opportunities unlike when you are grounded in the office four walls. Most sales guys I know were being sought after by other large firms since they were already with reputable brands, so searching for new customers or client is no longer necessary. When the commission is fair, you end up being more rich than your other salary colleagues.

4 Likes

Re: Are Sales Job Worth It ? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:13am On Mar 23, 2021
Swealy:
sincerely am an introvert i don't like talking and very bad at negotiating but I don't know if I will be good at marketing products

Do NOT try it. You will get frustrated.

1 Like

Re: Are Sales Job Worth It ? by opsyswagger(m): 11:21am On Mar 23, 2021
i hope u have gotten a new shoes are ready to work all round the office sales job doesnt worth it if u dont meet ur target for two month you will be lay off have done the job before and i regret my self for taking the job

2 Likes

Re: Are Sales Job Worth It ? by JOGAP: 11:21am On Mar 23, 2021
sales job is one of the best you can engage in BUT, find a side hustle(like something that bring money almost daily)

2 Likes

Re: Are Sales Job Worth It ? by Marvieduke(f): 11:21am On Mar 23, 2021
[quote author=Swealy post=100133452] sincerely am an introvert i don't like talking and very bad at negotiating but I don't know if I will be good at marketing products[/quote

They means you are not ready for business.
Re: Are Sales Job Worth It ? by Monben: 11:30am On Mar 23, 2021
Seniorwriter:
OP if you have a Sales Passion then why not take up one of them after a due diligence on the company's employees and remuneration Ts & Cs ....
Howbeit I usually advocate for youths to embrace independence....why not get an online skill set and make @least $50 weekly selling your skill or doing little services remotely.
Do you know that you can get paid selling for people online....
I mentored someone on SALES BOOST LOCOMOTIVES and now he sells ladies wears and body lotions via his whatshatch & WhatsApp platforms.
According to his feedback he has 100 girls/ladies on his contact that buys @least one lady top or jeans monthly and for every sale made to each of the 100 girls he gives a discounted price yet he makes @least #500(five hundred naira) on a transaction....
Recently he credited me with a #10k appreciation money though he paid for my training but he is still wowed by one of the module skill(Client acquisition Skill) he learnt...hence the token sent to me.
Proactivity Leads To Productivity!!!!
@Seniorwriter

I am interested in your training. Can I DM you?
Re: Are Sales Job Worth It ? by Tunagee(m): 11:32am On Mar 23, 2021
Swealy:

Are you an extrovert, or someone passionate about sales job, with a high relationship skill? Can you manage people's emotion?cos from experience, those prospects that seem unfriendly, are usually the first to buy your offer based on your interpersonal relationship with them.
Are you a very friendly person who can convert every opportunity to sales? if not, don't even go near it cos lots of customers would buy your service or products based on how you relate with them, particularly those who don't really need your offer.

2 Likes

Re: Are Sales Job Worth It ? by Czzy: 11:32am On Mar 23, 2021
gabicon:

On of my biggest regrets today is the stand I took on sales and marketing jobs just before I graduated from university. They were a never for me, having grown and owning my own businesses I now see them as even more important than tech skill. What's the use of having a good product if you can't effectively market and sell it? Some people will say hire a sales n marketing person, but as the head of a business you have to be able to understand, control and set a vision for your business. Go check most successful CEOs and head of business one of their top skills are sales and marketing. Yes there is a lot of abuse in the sector but we need to learn to eat the hay and leave the sticks, take the skills and leave the malpractices.

Sales and marketing are critical skills to any career cos we all are selling something be it skills, goods or services.

Look bro.
I will tell anyone close to me to make sure he/she endeavor to pick a sales job as his or her first job before any thing else.

No matter what career you intend to pursue, just make sure you did a sales job as your first experience. Because at a point in your life, you will desire to own your own business. An experience in sales here cannot be over-emphasised.

1 Like

Re: Are Sales Job Worth It ? by Seniorwriter(m): 11:35am On Mar 23, 2021
Monben:

I am interested in your training. Can I DM you?

Kindly check my profile for my Facebook ID and reach me directly on Facebook ....DM might take a lil longer due to the numerous emails from clients I attend to daily....
Proactivity Leads To Productivity!!!!
@Seniorwriter
Re: Are Sales Job Worth It ? by Kezifils(m): 11:36am On Mar 23, 2021
Totally worth it especially the commission based type.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Sales Job Worth It ? by Blitz888(m): 11:46am On Mar 23, 2021
Angy55:
Sales job are everywhere and most times they don't pay more than 50k-60k and they entice you with commission.

The pressure that comes with target meeting is too high from some companies. If you don't have a strong mind you would nearly run mad.

Say what you know.

What kind of sales role are we talking about?
If its a entry or mid level management role in an FMCG then it is more than worth it.

The flexibility of the sales role and the attendant opportunities makes it quite attractive.

I am a sales manager with a multinational FMCG. So I know what I am saying!
Re: Are Sales Job Worth It ? by razzydoo(m): 11:53am On Mar 23, 2021
Suffer no dey tire you!

1 Like

Re: Are Sales Job Worth It ? by kennyamusan(m): 12:05pm On Mar 23, 2021
it has its own positive and Negative... positive : You would meet new people everyday.... Negative : Your sales must not drop in a 3 months stretch else sack is eminent

1 Like

Re: Are Sales Job Worth It ? by Angy55(f): 12:14pm On Mar 23, 2021
Blitz888:

Say what you know.

What kind of sales role are we talking about?
If its a entry or mid level management role in an FMCG then it is more than worth it.

The flexibility of the sales role and the attendant opportunities makes it quite attractive.

I am a sales manager with a multinational FMCG. So I know what I am saying!

Your statement in the last paragraph though.

I never quoted you and I wasn't even referring to you but you just sounded like we had some sort of argument on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Are Sales Job Worth It ? by Blitz888(m): 12:43pm On Mar 23, 2021
Angy55:

Your statement in the last paragraph though.

I never quoted you and I wasn't even referring to you but you just sounded like we had some sort of argument on this thread.

This shouldn't be about you referring to me or quoting me... I rarely respond or join issues with anyone on this platform. I quoted your comment cos I saw it as misleading and a misrepresentation of what the reality is.

I encourage people a great deal to take up sale opportunities that have the prospect of clear career path, growth in terms of personal economy, opportunities for personal development and a good (world class) product that is a market winner/leader any day (brands with commanding market share and high equity).

Always look for coys with a clear value and vision that underpins her purpose and role in the society. These values will help guide your decision to either join or not to join and your expectations if/when you eventually join.

Apologies if my earlier response came out badly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Sales Job Worth It ? by Smartjob1(f): 12:52pm On Mar 23, 2021
Give it a try. It is always worth it.

1 Like

Re: Are Sales Job Worth It ? by ProphetofOdin: 12:53pm On Mar 23, 2021
Sales jobs are okay but stay away from certain brands such as fcmb, gnld, some microfinance banks. And so many others. But sales is the easiest way to climb through the ladder on most organisations.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jumia Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment (4 Positions) / Apply For Andela Nigeria Job Recruitment (10 Positions) / Akwa Ibom State Secondary Education Board Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.