Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,819 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. (10373 Views)

URGENT - In State Of Delimma / My Current State Of Mind / Poor State Of Police Barracks Around Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by Skillsmaster(m): 1:48am On Mar 23, 2021
Good morning nairalanders. Please i need urgent advice on this.
I am currently teaching in a private school (primary section) in Abuja. I started the job last week. The pay is "40k". I usually spend like #500 on transportation everyday. The problem is, my Aunty that is outside the country chatted me up yesterday asking me if i could work in Ota. That the company is a food company and they need an assistant manager. She said the pay is 25k with accommodation, but they will review the salary after three months IF i should perform well. In addition, it is a marketing job. I will be giving a car to distribute goods to some places. According to them, i will be there first staff. I told my aunt that the money is too small but she said that is what they can start with.

Should i continue with my teaching job or go for this new one? Please i need your advice urgently. Thanks.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by Hashabiah: 2:16am On Mar 23, 2021
Skillsmaster:
I am currently teaching in a private school (primary section) in Abuja. I started the job last week. The pay is "40k". I usually spend like #500 on transportation everyday. The problem is, my Aunty that is outside the country chatted me up yesterday asking me if i could work in Ota. That the company is a food company and they need an assistant manager. She said the pay is 25k with accommodation, but they will review the salary after three months IF i should perform well. In addition, it is a marketing job. I will be giving a car to distribute goods to some places. According to them, i will be there first staff. I told my aunt that the money is too small but she said that is what they can start with.

Should i continue with my teaching job or go for this new one? Please i need your advice urgently. Thanks.

My dear brother, except we want deceive ourselves, teaching in Nigeria has no future, and it will never add value to you as a person in the long run. So why not drop that lousy teaching job and start a new career in the factory your aunt recommended. Because this is an opportunity to relocate and learn a practical skill that can add value to your life. And who knows, it might just be a gateway to your greatness in life.

Peace

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by BlueSparks: 2:36am On Mar 23, 2021
Continue with the teaching for now. The alternative is not your redeeming opportunity. Continue with the teaching job and be patient

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by grafixdon: 4:30am On Mar 23, 2021
Accept your sister's offer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by ValCon888: 5:21am On Mar 23, 2021
The teaching job is insular in the sense that it will not help you grow your network. Go for the marketing job that will help you meet people and expand your contacts.

40 Likes

Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by Dammyofficial(m): 6:06am On Mar 23, 2021
ValCon888:
The teaching job is insular in the sense that it will not help you grow your network. Go for the marketing job that will help you meet people and expand your contracts.

Seconded

16 Likes

Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by Bornsinner7: 9:56am On Mar 23, 2021
Would have said you should opt in for the company job but then I thought of how this companies sweet mouth you into the job but at the long run you are used up as another factory tool..

You should weigh the cost of living in ota and that of Abuja..

500 for every day transport would leave you with less than 25k at the end of the month.. so to me the company job is better considering free accomodation..

People think teaching job doesn't connect you with people but it's a wrong notion.. it all depends on the kind of school..

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by Marvieduke(f): 9:56am On Mar 23, 2021
I will say you should quit the teaching job because the management will expose and expand you as person.

2 Likes

Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by GeneralPula: 9:57am On Mar 23, 2021
Skillsmaster:

Ota is a very good location to work..

2 Likes

Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by Joefat: 9:57am On Mar 23, 2021
Make he sha find something to do.
But I don’t support teaching as for me. Because most of them living by loans before they can eat and take care of their families.

3 Likes

Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by Seniorwriter(m): 9:57am On Mar 23, 2021
Be your own BOSS
Do you know that with your qualification you can earn as much as #100k monthly by setting yourself on some nice online teaching platforms.
BTW why not create a regular income by going into Affiliate e-clinics(online education clinics).....
OP if you have 10clients that pay you as little as $10 dollar for solving questions online weekly that's $100 weekly earnings.
Proactivity Leads To Productivity.

@SeniorWriter

3 Likes

Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by victornwaru(m): 9:57am On Mar 23, 2021
Yes.
Teaching job in Nigeria is just like wasting your time because it will not add values in you. Take up the factory job and acquire more skills.

thank you.

3 Likes

Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by blazepascal(m): 9:57am On Mar 23, 2021
most people are making life hard for others just because they are living well but they forgot death make us all equal

2 Likes

Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by Dripy(m): 9:58am On Mar 23, 2021
Skillsmaster:

Don't relocate to Ota. Leaving a 40k job for a 25k job is unacceptable. How can a management job be 25k? You guys should put some respect to the word "Manager"
Do you know Ota and environs well, Can you drive, do you have a flair for marketing? these are salient questions you must answer.
That your aunty is a bad person, how does she want you to cope with 25k monthly, that company belongs to your aunt and she wants to use you as her first slave.

Avoid her avoid her job.

51 Likes

Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by candyguyofficia(m): 9:58am On Mar 23, 2021
Go for the food company work while the pay is small there is potentials that could be annexed. But assistant manager 25k I can't help how but imagine how much other persons will be paid, all the same go with the job

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by capricornlady: 9:59am On Mar 23, 2021
Continue with your teaching job. You should be aiming higher higher, not lower lower. How can you think of relocating or moving to another state for just 25k? Do you know how Ota is? Do you think marketing is easy? Ohh because they said free accommodation you want to jump at it? Think twice

Better continue with your job and keep applying, be hopeful..you'll get something else.

25k is nothing in this economy, it's not enough reason to leave a city like Abuja.

15 Likes

Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by SunTzu123(m): 9:59am On Mar 23, 2021
ValCon888:
The teaching job is insular in the sense that it will not help you grow your network. Go for the marketing job that will help you meet people and expand your contacts.

Thirded
Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by PrinceVM(m): 10:00am On Mar 23, 2021
Have you taken it to the Lord in pray? my dear go and pray first.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by PrinceVM(m): 10:00am On Mar 23, 2021

3 Likes

4 Likes

Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by candyguyofficia(m): 10:00am On Mar 23, 2021
SunTzu123:

Thirded

Fourthed
Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by Nobody: 10:01am On Mar 23, 2021
40k - 12500(500 * 25 days) = 27500

Your new job free accommodation, car and skill that will transform your life.

Take business

3 Likes

Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by Kizzygentle: 10:01am On Mar 23, 2021
Accept your sis offer my guy..... The salary may be quite small but trust there are greater opportunities out there.. My cousin lost his banking job years back when Banks retrenched workers sometime ago and he got a job to manage a beverage company with a pay of 40k then.. He wanted to reject it but his wife pleaded with him to accept it that he could grow from there.. Bro as i am talking to you now eh, he has from there bought 2 jeeps and built a house in the village with still that same job ooo... Its not about the salary, its about the connection and growth in the line.. Teaching job is a stagnant job. there is no future even if you are on a pay of 100k. Teaching job is just a no no..

4 Likes

Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by Ubykcee(m): 10:01am On Mar 23, 2021
smiley
Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by dyfaze: 10:01am On Mar 23, 2021
Leave the teaching job and accept your Aunty's offer.
It is a simple Arithmetic
Teaching
N500 Tfare multiply 22 working days in month, N11,000
Salary N40,000 , Tfare N11,000 Take home N29,000
Benefits. None

Marketing Job
Salary N25,000
Transport fare. N0
Benefits
Marketers no dey lack money. Small small change go dey enter grin
Free Accommodation
Free Movement
Environment is not stressful
Networking, and connection (Meeting People that can help your future

12 Likes

Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by totosucker(m): 10:02am On Mar 23, 2021
Do you pay house rent in Abuja? If you do, then go for the ota job, plus you will get to meet new people and make new friends.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by Flames000(m): 10:02am On Mar 23, 2021
Wo.. Anyone u like jare... same suffering.. wetin 25k wan reach person do?... 40k for Abuja na the worse...
its thesame thing.. just choose one suffer u can manage for now... e get as God dey do things.

3 Likes

Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by achierosion(m): 10:03am On Mar 23, 2021
If not for the transportation issue on the teaching side, i would've say u stick to ur teaching job thereby saving a enough money to start ur own school.
But ask someone suggested above, the food chain will expand ur network and help you in reaching ur goals... Listen to ur inner voice.

1 Like

Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by Hugomexis(m): 10:03am On Mar 23, 2021
company work is better

1 Like

Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by LostMyZeal(m): 10:03am On Mar 23, 2021
Op...500 x 30 is 15000

So in a month 15k at least on transport

That's just for TP...I never factor in feeding yet oh

If you're paying for accommodation in Abuja

Then I go advise you to move to the food company
Re: I Am In A State Of Confusion. Help With Your Advice. by lanre9ja(m): 10:04am On Mar 23, 2021
ValCon888:

Take this advice , alot opportunity in Lagos and u as well have time to learn some other skill......

Good luck bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NDLEA and FRSC Recruitment / What Is Your Opinion About Age And Managerial Position / Study In Nigeria Or Travel To Asia To Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.