Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

"Chief Awolowo Took Poison" - Legit.ng - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Chief Awolowo Took Poison" - Legit.ng (3533 Views)

Northeners React To News Of Tinubu Attacking Buhari On Legit.ng Hausa / RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo / Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Chief Awolowo Took Poison" - Legit.ng by bcomputer101: 10:47pm On Mar 23, 2021
Rat poison or SNIPPER?
Re: "Chief Awolowo Took Poison" - Legit.ng by Yebosola(m): 10:50pm On Mar 23, 2021
Terorislam:
That was when he realized that his Camellon attitude have been discovered by Nigerians. Anyway Awolowo was and still better than Bola Tinubu

If not for say I just off a ban, would have said omo ale tio lebi gidi nie
Re: "Chief Awolowo Took Poison" - Legit.ng by flokii: 10:52pm On Mar 23, 2021
jimyjames:

all igbos from east
mbonu ojike was the deputy mayor of Lagos in 1951
ndubuisi KANU military governor of Lagos 1977

I'm here to engage you

You're a kid if you can't tell the difference between a democratically elected governor and military governor.

FYI your Eastern states too had Yoruba military governors at the time.

I'm waiting for your father to contest and win governorship seat in Lagos. Only then will I take your gibberish serious.
Re: "Chief Awolowo Took Poison" - Legit.ng by jimyjames(m): 10:55pm On Mar 23, 2021
flokii:

Awolowo stopped Igbo domination of Yorubas through Azikiwe and for that singular reason.. I and my entire household salute him for that.

He is the reason Yorubaland, culture and heritage is still intact till date. Azikiwe had two agendas which were to steal the wealth of South West and enslave Yorubas in our ancestral land.

That act of Azikiwe is why Igbos with forever remain bound with Fulanis in Nigeria. Fulanis will someday rule over Igbos cos it's what Azikiwe wanted to do to others.

no awolowo introduced tribalism in Nigeria

and what has politics has to do with Yoruba culture and heritage, was zik contesting to be the ooni of ife or an Oba? what wealth was zik going to steal in Yoruba land, cause Yorubas are depending on oil from Niger Delta, where is the wealth?

igbos are not bound with Fulani, there are no emir of Fulani in igbo land but there are Fulani emirs in Yoruba land, Ilorin completely belongs to Fulani given to them free by afonja

1 Like

Re: "Chief Awolowo Took Poison" - Legit.ng by jimyjames(m): 11:00pm On Mar 23, 2021
flokii:

You're a kid if you can't tell the difference between a democratically elected governor and military governor.

FYI your Eastern states too had Yoruba military governors at the time.

I'm waiting for your father to contest and win governorship seat in Lagos. Only then will I take your gibberish serious.
mbonu ojike was elected

who are the Yoruba Eastern governors?

and note that igbos were never tribal bigots awolowo introduced tribalism in Nigeria, we had no problem voting none igbos into political position in igbo land
Re: "Chief Awolowo Took Poison" - Legit.ng by flokii: 11:05pm On Mar 23, 2021
jimyjames:

no awolowo introduced tribalism in Nigeria

and what has politics has to do with Yoruba culture and heritage, was zik contesting to be the ooni of ife or an Oba? what wealth was zik going to steal in Yoruba land, cause Yorubas are depending on oil from Niger Delta, where is the wealth?

igbos are not bound with Fulani, there are no emir of Fulani in igbo land but there are Fulani emirs in Yoruba land, Ilorin completely belongs to Fulani given to them free by afonja

You're not clever as you think.

True meaning of regionalism means each region should govern itself not one region governing another.

Azikiwe was a big and insensitive f00l to think he could become premier in Yorubaland. So many f00ls like him still exists today among you lots.

I'm done replying you. Yorubas rejected Azikiwe. Kill yourself if you want.

1 Like

Re: "Chief Awolowo Took Poison" - Legit.ng by AfonjaConehead: 11:08pm On Mar 23, 2021
flokii:
Igbos have started digging their own graves in South West.

Most Yorubas are fed up of them and we the elites are sounding it for them to go back home and develop their lands and region. Enough of the blame game, insults and attacks.

Since you're the best.. leave Yorubaland. abi oran wa ni be ni?

We don't want you in our midst again. LEAVE!

Go and force them nah....
Since you are carrying Kanu matter on your head,the igbos will continue to remain in yoruba land.
Do anyhow see anyhow.
Try anything and see..sebi oga lagoon tried and saw!? grin

1 Like

Re: "Chief Awolowo Took Poison" - Legit.ng by AfonjaConehead: 11:10pm On Mar 23, 2021
flokii:
Igbos have started digging their own graves in South West.

Most Yorubas are fed up of them and we the elites are sounding it for them to go back home and develop their lands and region. Enough of the blame game, insults and attacks.

Since you're the best.. leave Yorubaland. abi oran wa ni be ni?

We don't want you in our midst again. LEAVE!

In case you don't know,op said, legend chop otapiapia to chicken out. grin
Re: "Chief Awolowo Took Poison" - Legit.ng by jimyjames(m): 11:13pm On Mar 23, 2021
flokii:

You're not clever as you think.

True meaning of regionalism means each region should govern itself not one region governing another.

Azikiwe was a big and insensitive f00l to think he could become premier in Yorubaland. So many f00ls like him still exists today among you lots.

I'm done replying you. Yorubas rejected Azikiwe. Kill yourself if you want.

a man who worked hard for the independence of this country, a man who saw Nigeria before he saw tribe, a man who spoke Hausa, Yoruba and igbo fluently believed in Nigeria not tribe or ethnicity, that was who zik of Africa was

Yorubas admired such a man, yorubas voted him against their own bigot son awolowo,
awolowo was a tribal bigot never fit to be Nigerian President kill yourself

1 Like

Re: "Chief Awolowo Took Poison" - Legit.ng by chamboy(m): 11:17pm On Mar 23, 2021
jimyjames:

nairaland Yoruba elites, Weldon lol leave Lagos go and develop your capital Ibadan Lagos is no man's land
our hospitality is bigger than your hatefilled energy

1 Like

Re: "Chief Awolowo Took Poison" - Legit.ng by jimyjames(m): 11:20pm On Mar 23, 2021
chamboy:
our hospitality is bigger than your hatefilled energy

there is no hate whatsoever igbos are global citizens
Re: "Chief Awolowo Took Poison" - Legit.ng by flokii: 11:21pm On Mar 23, 2021
AfonjaConehead:

In case you don't know,op said, legend chop otapiapia to chicken out. grin

That is the lie your parents fed you to console themselves over the defeat, hunger, starvation and deaths they suffered during the civil war.

Well let me tell you the truth and it's free.. Pa Awo lived a fulfiled life and passed peacefully at his Ikenne home on 9 May, 1987 at a ripe age of 78 years.

You see how dumb you sound now?

1 Like

Re: "Chief Awolowo Took Poison" - Legit.ng by AfonjaConehead: 11:38pm On Mar 23, 2021
flokii:

That is the lie your parents fed you to console themselves over the defeat, hunger, starvation and deaths they suffered during the civil war.

Well let me tell you the truth and it's free.. Pa Awo lived a fulfiled life and passed peacefully at his Ikenne home on 9 May, 1987 at a ripe age of 78 years.

You see how dumb you sound now?

Otapiapia grin
Re: "Chief Awolowo Took Poison" - Legit.ng by chamboy(m): 11:47pm On Mar 23, 2021
jimyjames:

there is no hate whatsoever igbos are global citizens
Yoruba's are hospitable, take-out Lagos. We still have the highest amount of foreigners in our land than every other tribes in Nigeria put together.

1 Like

Re: "Chief Awolowo Took Poison" - Legit.ng by jimyjames(m): 12:23am On Mar 24, 2021
chamboy:
Yoruba's are hospitable, take-out Lagos. We still have the highest amount of foreigners in our land than every other tribes in Nigeria put together.

take Lagos out, there are more igbos in the North than they are in Yoruba land, there are millions of foreigners from Niger Republic, Chad and even Mali living in the North
Re: "Chief Awolowo Took Poison" - Legit.ng by chamboy(m): 6:00am On Mar 24, 2021
jimyjames:

take Lagos out, there are more igbos in the North than they are in Yoruba land, there are millions of foreigners from Niger Republic, Chad and even Mali living in the North
I'm not talking about just moving around being hypocritical. I'm talking about being hospitable to people regardless of culture or religion.

1 Like

Re: "Chief Awolowo Took Poison" - Legit.ng by femi4: 8:06am On Mar 24, 2021
Fake....he died at a ripe age of 78 with a lot of achievement

1 Like

Re: "Chief Awolowo Took Poison" - Legit.ng by jimyjames(m): 10:48am On Mar 24, 2021
chamboy:

I'm not talking about just moving around being hypocritical. I'm talking about being hospitable to people regardless of culture or religion.
yorubas are not as hospitable as you claim, just cause outsiders are living there doesn't mean yorubas are hospitable, outsiders face harassment receive insults everyday from yoruba touts, even extortion,
in Lagos someone will buy land and build his house legally, some group of yoruba touts will wake up one morning and claim to be the original owners of the land harassing people up and down,
yoruba land has the highest number of forceful eviction both by their government and indigenes in Nigeria,
there is a video on YouTube were a group of yorubas in ladipo came out crying to Obasanjo and tinubu to help them evict igbos from ladipo that igbos are dominating them in ladipo

yorubas are not hospitable
Re: "Chief Awolowo Took Poison" - Legit.ng by chamboy(m): 11:37am On Mar 24, 2021
jimyjames:

yorubas are not as hospitable as you claim, just cause outsiders are living there doesn't mean yorubas are hospitable, outsiders face harassment receive insults everyday from yoruba touts, even extortion,
in Lagos someone will buy land and build his house legally, some group of yoruba touts will wake up one morning and claim to be the original owners of the land harassing people up and down,
yoruba land has the highest number of forceful eviction both by their government and indigenes in Nigeria,
there is a video on YouTube were a group of yorubas in ladipo came out crying to Obasanjo and tinubu to help them evict igbos from ladipo that igbos are dominating them in ladipo

yorubas are not hospitable
Lori iro. Of focus you'll talk about some little news hear and there but on a large scale you know better
Re: "Chief Awolowo Took Poison" - Legit.ng by jimyjames(m): 11:43am On Mar 24, 2021
chamboy:
Lori iro. Of focus you'll talk about some little news hear and there but on a large scale you know better
it's not little news here and there, it's what outsiders have faced for many years in Lagos

people living in your land doesn't mean hospitality, there is a deep meaning to been hospitable and yorubas are far from it
Re: "Chief Awolowo Took Poison" - Legit.ng by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 3:37pm On Nov 02, 2023
So sad sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Army Killed Him / Ogun State Vs Anambra State: Which Has The Richest Men? / Igbo Lady Spotted Drawing Governor Of Delta State Along The Road (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.