Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,246 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Traveling To South Korea With The Purpose Of Going For A Conference.. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Traveling To South Korea With The Purpose Of Going For A Conference.. (656 Views)

Xenophobia: Nigerians Board A Bus To South African Airport, Set To Return Home / The Difference Between North Korea And South Korea / 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traveling To South Korea With The Purpose Of Going For A Conference.. by Adebamipe: 3:32pm On Mar 24, 2021
Good day my fellow NLs, I want you guys to please help me out, some said he's gonna help me with a Visa to South Korea, but it will be on a conference, he said I wont be attending the conference, but on getting there, I will meet with some of his colleague that will assist me with job and every other things that I will need over there, he's demanding for 750k, but I will have to pay 90k upfront.. please has anyone heard of this or experience such before... please help...
Re: Traveling To South Korea With The Purpose Of Going For A Conference.. by DuBLINGreenb(m): 3:35pm On Mar 24, 2021
1. Why does he want to help you?

2. 750k is too much

3. 90k upfront for 750k is too small

4. What type of visa would you be on, visitor's visa I suppose

5. Which type of work?? Very important.
Re: Traveling To South Korea With The Purpose Of Going For A Conference.. by Adebamipe: 3:38pm On Mar 24, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:

2. 750k is too much

He's a travelling agent, he said the 90k will be for the Visa fee, biometric, and also for the conference.. but my main concern is that i dont know if things work like that over there..and the 750k will be for getting me a job and so on
Re: Traveling To South Korea With The Purpose Of Going For A Conference.. by Adebamipe: 3:40pm On Mar 24, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:

2. 750k is too much

3. 90k upfront for 750k is too small

4. What type of visa would you be on, visitor's visa I suppose

5. Which type of work?? Very important.

He didnt specify the type of work, and I guess it will be a visitor Visa
Re: Traveling To South Korea With The Purpose Of Going For A Conference.. by justwise(m): 3:54pm On Mar 24, 2021
Adebamipe:
Good day my fellow NLs, I want you guys to please help me out, some said he's gonna help me with a Visa to South Korea, but it will be on a conference, he said I wont be attending the conference, but on getting there, I will meet with some of his colleague that will assist me with job and every other things that I will need over there, he's demanding for 750k, but I will have to pay 90k upfront.. please has anyone heard of this or experience such before... please help...

You are preparing yourself for modern day slavery journey. If you love yourself look for legitimate thing to do with that money.

2 Likes

Re: Traveling To South Korea With The Purpose Of Going For A Conference.. by DuBLINGreenb(m): 4:41pm On Mar 24, 2021
Adebamipe:

He didnt specify the type of work, and I guess it will be a visitor Visa

My brother you will go there but you will find out that he is doing far less than you think he will do.
You can go all by yourself apply for everything yourself and you'll get there for far less.
The people he said will "help" you are people just like you, he has no special agreement or contract with them, he will just tell them "abeg my boy dey come help am"
Like if you get there and you are managing somehow, the next person he will bring he will tell you "abeg help am"
That help is just a place to put your head and people to chat with nothing more maybe advise and maybe on a very rare occasion a small temporary menial job that's all.
Re: Traveling To South Korea With The Purpose Of Going For A Conference.. by DuBLINGreenb(m): 4:44pm On Mar 24, 2021
justwise:

You are preparing yourself for modern day slavery journey. If you love yourself look for legitimate thing to do with that money.

It's not exactly modern day slavery, this way is Farrrrrr better than Libya way. That one is the one with modern day slavery potentials. This one he will be there but without papers and then if the country is strict with their migrant policy he may have to use someone else's identity to work.
He will stay there and can work but the work will not be all this better big bug work.
Except somehow god helps him he finds his feet either through marriage or some other means.

This way is not very advisable but it's not the same as those slavery stuff
Re: Traveling To South Korea With The Purpose Of Going For A Conference.. by justwise(m): 8:18pm On Mar 24, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:

It's not exactly modern day slavery, this way is Farrrrrr better than Libya way. That one is the one with modern day slavery potentials. This one he will be there but without papers and then if the country is strict with their migrant policy he may have to use someone else's identity to work.
He will stay there and can work but the work will not be all this better big bug work.
Except somehow god helps him he finds his feet either through marriage or some other means.

This way is not very advisable but it's not the same as those slavery stuff

Definitely slavery and very dangerous , the moment his visiting visa expires he is toast, those pple the agent is linking him up with can pretty much turn him to their slave. Over worked and under paid (if he is lucky they help him find illegal job), his freedom will be restricted, everything he does from the time his visa expires is illegal. Coming back to Nigeria will be almost impossible unless he is able to save from pennies they will pay him so as to afford a ticket.
How long will he live under such condition to make it in life?

2 Likes

Re: Traveling To South Korea With The Purpose Of Going For A Conference.. by Elvisu: 12:38am On Mar 25, 2021
Which conference is going on at this COVID period. I will advise you to be very careful.
Re: Traveling To South Korea With The Purpose Of Going For A Conference.. by ednut1(m): 2:15am On Mar 25, 2021
Conference during covid 19 Why una dull like this
Re: Traveling To South Korea With The Purpose Of Going For A Conference.. by Dre183(m): 7:30am On Mar 25, 2021
U better keep your money or comeback here to weep premium tears
Re: Traveling To South Korea With The Purpose Of Going For A Conference.. by AlorJulie(f): 10:34am On Mar 25, 2021
justwise:

You are preparing yourself for the modern-day slavery journey. If you love yourself look for legitimate things to do with that money.

Hello @Justwise, I had sent you a direct message, please can you give me feedback.

I need your opinion.

Thank you.
Re: Traveling To South Korea With The Purpose Of Going For A Conference.. by justwise(m): 10:32pm On Mar 26, 2021
AlorJulie:

Hello @Justwise, I had sent you a direct message, please can you give me feedback.

I need your opinion.

Thank you.

I received no message, you can post the message here or in any thread related to it

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Video: The World Worst Passports For 2021 / DHL Shipping From China / My Trip To Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.