Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,635 members, 7,813,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

COVID-19 Vaccine: Makinde Takes Jab As Oyo Begins Rollout - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19 Vaccine: Makinde Takes Jab As Oyo Begins Rollout (16800 Views)

Tambuwal Resigns; Makinde Takes Over As PDP Governors’ Forum Chairman / Rauf Olaniyan Impeached As Oyo Deputy Governor / Seyi Makinde Takes The State Capital To Rural Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine: Makinde Takes Jab As Oyo Begins Rollout by doxijaw: 10:43pm On Mar 24, 2021
This could be a blessing in disguise grin
Re: COVID-19 Vaccine: Makinde Takes Jab As Oyo Begins Rollout by Twochi: 4:33am On Mar 25, 2021
Cooldiipo:
Leading by example! My oyo state people, Let me know if you need powerbank for laptop, over ten hours guaranteed and twenty hours possible. Increase your productivity and work when you like. Don't get mistaken for a Yahoo boy because of your generator noise

How much Bros ?
Re: COVID-19 Vaccine: Makinde Takes Jab As Oyo Begins Rollout by Cooldiipo(m): 6:32am On Mar 25, 2021
Twochi:

How much Bros ?

75k and 50k

Guaranteed to serve you for no less than 18 hrs and 10hrs respectively. Ready to impress!

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine: Makinde Takes Jab As Oyo Begins Rollout by Nobody: 7:26am On Mar 25, 2021
delpee:

There is no need for connection if you fall into Phase 1 category in Lagos State. So many people have been vaccinated without any issues.

Classic FM staff fall into Phase one as journalists. They only need to show up with their ID cards at the Falomo or Ijeh centres in Ikoyi.

They said they went to Ijeh centre and couldn't get it as even foreigners were given VIP treatment
Re: COVID-19 Vaccine: Makinde Takes Jab As Oyo Begins Rollout by adioolayi(m): 7:26am On Mar 25, 2021
My question is....After suffering and recovering from CoVID19, why the need for the vaccine again

Anyone
Re: COVID-19 Vaccine: Makinde Takes Jab As Oyo Begins Rollout by zikter(m): 8:10am On Mar 25, 2021
Jerryherd:
Politicians would finish this damn thing
Is good as they are taking. If they don't take now, we will still accuse them of not being sincere and trying to use us as lab rats
Re: COVID-19 Vaccine: Makinde Takes Jab As Oyo Begins Rollout by igwefivestar(m): 10:07am On Mar 25, 2021

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine: Makinde Takes Jab As Oyo Begins Rollout by customised87: 11:23am On Mar 25, 2021
Cooldiipo:
Leading by example! My oyo state people, Let me know if you need powerbank for laptop, over ten hours guaranteed and twenty hours possible. Increase your productivity and work when you like. Don't get mistaken for a Yahoo boy because of your generator noise

My question has been answered
Re: COVID-19 Vaccine: Makinde Takes Jab As Oyo Begins Rollout by customised87: 11:25am On Mar 25, 2021
adioolayi:
My question is....After suffering and recovering from CoVID19, why the need for the vaccine again

Anyone

So you don’t get re-infected

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Vaccine: Makinde Takes Jab As Oyo Begins Rollout by customised87: 11:28am On Mar 25, 2021
Joefat:
I heard from my gf that. This vaccine were not for everyone. It was only for prominent people.
Because she’s one of their health workers.

You mean she said the vaccine is given according to priorities?
Healthcare worker and security officers are among the first set to get the jabs.
Re: COVID-19 Vaccine: Makinde Takes Jab As Oyo Begins Rollout by Cooldiipo(m): 12:27pm On Mar 25, 2021
[quote author=customised87 post=100196837]

My question has been answered[/]

OK Sir
Re: COVID-19 Vaccine: Makinde Takes Jab As Oyo Begins Rollout by adioolayi(m): 1:28pm On Mar 25, 2021
customised87:

So you don’t get re-infected

If someone that has suffered CoVID19 and recovered, can get re-infected.....Then, vaccination can't stop CoVID19.

Why?...Because if a wild virus cannot confer immunity, how much more a vaccine which is a weak virus?

Except the vaccines are engineered towards various strains of CoVID19
Re: COVID-19 Vaccine: Makinde Takes Jab As Oyo Begins Rollout by customised87: 1:36pm On Mar 25, 2021
adioolayi:

If someone that has suffered CoVID19 and recovered, can get re-infected.....Then, vaccination can't stop CoVID19.

Why?...Because if a wild virus cannot confer immunity, how much more a vaccine which is a weak virus?

Except the vaccines are engineered towards various strains of CoVID19

Like every other vaccine such as measles, chicken box etc, taking a vaccine does not mean you will never be infected. It means that your body will be able to fight it and you will not have complications
Re: COVID-19 Vaccine: Makinde Takes Jab As Oyo Begins Rollout by adioolayi(m): 1:52pm On Mar 25, 2021
customised87:

Like every other vaccine such as measles, chicken box etc, taking a vaccine does not mean you will never be infected. It means that your body will be able to fight it and you will not have complications

I understand...My point is, once you are infected and overcome the infection...Just like Chicken pox you mentioned, if you have chicken pox and recover...you don't need a vaccine anymore.

A Vaccine is an attenuated virus...Meaning , a weak virus.

Whereas, the Virus that attacked an individual that has recovered is stronger than a Vaccine virus..so, for that person to recover, it means the person's has immunity already.

I hope you understand my argument
Re: COVID-19 Vaccine: Makinde Takes Jab As Oyo Begins Rollout by delpee(f): 7:02am On Apr 06, 2021
Iamdemola1:

They said they went to Ijeh centre and couldn't get it as even foreigners were given VIP treatment

I went to Falomo centre as advised and had no issues. You simply queue outside and wait for them to check IDs and give numbers. The foreigners were there but there was no visible VIP treatment especially after the social media brouhaha.

I don't know anyone there by the way. I joined the queue like many others who just took a chance. LASG officials and the Police tried hard to ensure fairness as far as I could see. Only young people who could not be attended to under any of the Phase 1 categories were sent back after due explanation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Army Foils Suicide Attack In Adamawa By Woman With Explosives In Handbag / Air Force Recovers 665 Cows & 141 Rams While On Official Duty In Kaduna / State Governors Are More Powerful Than The President – Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.