Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Orkar Coup: Major Mukoro Pardoned - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orkar Coup: Major Mukoro Pardoned (3225 Views)

Helen Mukoro Is Presidential Candidate In Spain (Photo) / Major Gideon Orkar Coup Speech In April 1990.has Anything Changed Since Then? / The Niger Delta And The Orkar Coup: By Capt Tolofari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orkar Coup: Major Mukoro Pardoned by Mamajama(m): 5:44pm On Jul 08, 2007
Seventeen years after the Major Gideon Orkar-led coup which attempted to topple the military government of General Ibrahim Babangida, one of the major actors in the coup, Major Saliba Daddy Mukoro has been granted presidential pardon.
Sources hinted that the presidential pardon was signed by former President Olusegun Obasanjo on May 24, five days before he left office on May 29.
Major Mukoro who holds a doctorate degree in criminology from Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, Texas, was military Assistant at Army Headquarters at the time of the coup. He was allegedly to be the major organiser of the failed plot, while Chief Great Ogboru was alleged to be the financier.
Following the failure of the coup, most of the masterminds, including Mukoro, Ogboru and Lt. Col. Gabriel Tony Nyiam, fled Nigeria and went into exile in Britain and the United States (US).

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=83091
Re: Orkar Coup: Major Mukoro Pardoned by Mamajama(m): 3:45am On Jul 09, 2007
I wonder what IBB will think about OBJ with this pardon?
Re: Orkar Coup: Major Mukoro Pardoned by angel101(f): 11:40am On Jul 09, 2007
who cares
Re: Orkar Coup: Major Mukoro Pardoned by Mamajama(m): 2:01pm On Jul 09, 2007
BUSHBOY. if IBB was suck a genius how come he didn't see this people planing their coup? how did they get so close to him remember boy or you wasn't born then IBB lost his ADC in this coup. This guy should be commended for his effort, but if I was him I will not go back to Nigeria,. hire assassins are still out there and major ROGER is on the loose

(1) (Reply)

Court Orders Efcc To Pay N50.8m To Senator / Where Can I Get The Old Famous Movie On Rise And Fall Of Idi Amin? / How Jonathan & Alhaji Bamanga Tukur Foiled Atiku's 2015 Presidential Bid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.