Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC (8528 Views)

Anyone With Honda Civic 04 For Sale? / Major Problem With Honda Pilot / What Is Wrong With Honda Accord 08-11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by deadsea: 7:27pm On Mar 28, 2021
dadabashua1:
Never waste your time trying to prove your point bro,just save yourself that stress,do you know in northern region Toyota is NOT the main car used for transportation,but rather golf and Sharon(which is also a Volkswagen),so by his logic once its used for transport automatically makes it a better car(smh),like I've said before NEVER USE your locality to Generalize,be precise.in fact the Nissan busses presently are gradually taking over from the few hiance Toyota buses used up north,my point is,your locality preferred cars doesn't mean is same with other places,the Peugeot cars some say its a bad brand is widely used in the north also,pls speak for your location and locality DONT generalize it.

Just like someone said earlier, stop wasting your time arguing with that guy. I understand he is a car dealer but am sorry to say he doesn't know cars. His argument is majorly based on resale value, which I think is a poverty mentality. I buy car based on performance and comfortability, and not for second hand value, that is why I love hondas and benz. I have used Honda 2002, 2007 and 2011, and also benz c230. Before u start saying I don't know cars, I have a degree in mechanical engineering with specialization in autos... Cheers

1 Like

Re: My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by nedekid: 8:02pm On Mar 28, 2021
greggng:
I didn't write the below ...I copied it but I totally agree with the write cos he is in touch with reality ...and I expect anyone that cares to read this with understanding ..

Things you should know:
Honda is good for aesthetics but cannot be tasked as hard as Toyota.

If anyone tries to argue about the above ask them why are there no transport operators that uses Honda counterpart models of Toyota for commercial transportation.
Eg.
Sienna vs Odyssey
Camry vs Accord
Corolla vs Civic
Hilux vs Ridgeline
Hiace vs ??

Some will tell you that Honda Ball Joint issue is all about maintenance culture. Ask them why do you have to be conscious of being stranded whereas fake Toyota ball joints of 1,500naira can take you as far 30k kilometers while branded ones can take you more than 150k kilometers.

When the gearbox starts dealing with you don't think anyone is fighting you from the village. It's normal with Honda

It doesn't have a strong resale value like Toyota.
A friend bought direct 2009 Honda Pilot at 4m but it's being priced at 700k after 22months in Nigeria. Compare with resale value of 2009 Highlander or even 2006
Tell you friend I will offer more for the 2009 pilot. Get back to me on this thread.

1 Like

Re: My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by Nobody: 4:18pm On Mar 29, 2021
Not a bad ride, requires regular oil change, the 03 models gear has an inbuilt sump filter, which must be replaced, the only way to get to that filter is to strip the gearbox, to clean the filter screen or replace it.

Only problem with the ride is the auto gear, this has been corrected in later models.

If your CTS , Map sensors and O2 sensors are good the 2.4ltr 4 cyl is fuel efficient for its size.
Re: My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by kuntash: 4:40pm On Mar 29, 2021
Coolgent:

I have been riding various makes of Honda since 2008, I never had an issue with it leg.

I have been driving since 1993, i have never driven a Honda ...

pls how did you manage or demystify that suspension pull nightmare ?
Re: My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by fineboynl(m): 5:10pm On Mar 29, 2021
All the people I know who bought Honda way back 2008 have all sold them.

Only Toyota remaining
Re: My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by 234GT(m): 11:11pm On Mar 29, 2021
My 2002 Honda Accord has served me for 7 years. It has 243k miles on the odometer and the engine keeps wowing me.

It is super smooth. Never had a leg issue. I am getting a 2011 Accord as its younget brother soon.

2 Likes

Re: My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by Coolgent(m): 12:12am On Mar 30, 2021
kuntash:

I have been driving since 1993, i have never driven a Honda ...

pls how did you manage or demystify that suspension pull nightmare ?

Frankly i have never experienced it with all the following vehicles...
1. Civic 1992 for 2 years
2. Civic 1998 3yrs
3. Civic 2000 3yrs
4. Accord 2003 2yrs
5. Accord 2007 3yrs
6. Accord 2012 1yr (i added over 40k kilometers withing 1 year)

Though it usually give early warning i.e atimes steering will be forcibly pulling to one side while driving.

I noticed it only on civic 1992... which i changed the bolt joints immediately.

1 Like

Re: My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by kingreign(m): 7:31am On Apr 25, 2022
greggng:

Honda is like a pig ...no matter how you try to paint the picture , it will still end up in the dirt....you are not wiser than millions of Nigerians who trust Toyota ....you really try but by the time you try Toyota , you will confess like others ....meanwhile , that your car no get second value compare to Toyota ....car dealers know this ...that is why Toyota still remains their father

Who be this one again?

This One wey Dey enter every car sales thread dey ask and disturb all the peace ? You no get Wetin to yarn na opata you dey yarn.

Ogbeni swerve!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

2009 Toyota Raf4 For Sale / Clean Mercedes Benz C220 "1997" (auto) For Sale: Price Reduced! / How Do I Buy A Car From Apapa Wharf Pls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.