Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC (8351 Views)

Anyone With Honda Civic 04 For Sale? / Major Problem With Honda Pilot / What Is Wrong With Honda Accord 08-11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by Odekina15(m): 1:11am On Mar 25, 2021
Omo, Honda na car o. Forget wetin dem dey talk, I dey use DC , if I sell am, I go buy anoda DC again. It doesn't consume fuel at all (without indomie) . The engine silent die and strong. 8K fuel took me from Lagos to Kogi State. with heavy luggages o, it was flying on the road, wetin be Toyota for highway with Honda, at some point self, I started thinking the engine must be bigger than sienna ( second to the latest) , because e pass them (over take) plenty for road. As for the legs, let me tell you what you mechanic won't, next Time e remove, tell your mechanic make he carry am go Agbede, 10 years assurance. I entered one deep pot hole on my way back , deep like well, when I say deep, be like bohole , I taught the leg was gonna remove with my engine, but na so the car bounce come out like say nothing happen, that was 2 months ago and I am still using it , no complain. This is personal experience info, not beer parlour information. Take the leg to Agbede and enjoy your car, remember Honda engine no dey spoil. I for like tell you one wonderful interesting experience with the engine when make me like the car well, but I go leave an for another day.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by greggng: 1:26am On Mar 25, 2021
Odekina15:
Omo, Honda na car o. Forget wetin dem dey talk, I dey use DC , if I sell am, I go buy anoda DC again. It doesn't consume fuel at all (without indomie) . The engine silent die and strong. 8K fuel took me from Lagos to Kogi State. with heavy luggages o, it was flying on the road, wetin be Toyota for highway with Honda, at some point self, I started thinking the engine must be bigger than sienna ( second to the latest) , because e pass them (over take) plenty for road. As for the legs, let me tell you what you mechanic won't, next Time e remove, tell your mechanic make he carry am go Agbede, 10 years assurance. I entered one deep pot hole on my way back , deep like well, when I say deep, be like bohole , I taught the leg was gonna remove with my engine, but na so the car bounce come out like say nothing happen, that was 2 months ago and I am still using it , no complain. This is personal experience info, not beer parlour information. Take the leg to Agbede and enjoy your car, remember Honda engine no dey spoil. I for like tell you one wonderful interesting experience with the engine when make me like the car well, but I go leave an for another day.

Honda is like a pig ...no matter how you try to paint the picture , it will still end up in the dirt....you are not wiser than millions of Nigerians who trust Toyota ....you really try but by the time you try Toyota , you will confess like others ....meanwhile , that your car no get second value compare to Toyota ....car dealers know this ...that is why Toyota still remains their father

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by samso247(m): 2:16am On Mar 25, 2021
where is agbede?
Re: My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by fastseo: 2:26am On Mar 25, 2021
greggng:

Honda is like a pig ...no matter how you try to paint the picture , it will still end up in the dirt....you are not wiser than millions of Nigerians who trust Toyota ....you really try but by the time you try Toyota , you will confess like others ....meanwhile , that your car no get second value compare to Toyota ....car dealers know this ...that is why Toyota still remains their father
Are you buying a car for "second hand value" or for your comfort and durability?

He just stated the obvious truth. Op enjoy your ride

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by dicksonadams(m): 3:38am On Mar 25, 2021
Where is Agbede
Re: My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by princejones(m): 4:51am On Mar 25, 2021
Honda na strong car, l have experience few models before l change to ford

24 Likes

Re: My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by Jazzman01: 6:27am On Mar 25, 2021
Odekina15:

But this picture you attached wasn't taken in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by Princedevoe(m): 6:39am On Mar 25, 2021
Honda is a good brand no doubt, but it is still a second fiddle to Toyota any day in durability and quality.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by dadabashua1(m): 6:55am On Mar 25, 2021
fastseo:

Are you buying a car for "second hand value" or for your comfort and durability?

He just stated the obvious truth. Op enjoy your ride
you are 100% right...OP enjoy your ride.

4 Likes

Re: My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by symbianDON(m): 6:59am On Mar 25, 2021
greggng:

greggng u fall hand with this post! I can't believe you wrote it! I have used both toyota (camry, corolla) and honda (accord, civic) for a while and they both great brands each with their pros and cons. one thing people ought to know is that you CAN'T say, as a blanket statement, that either of toyota or honda is the better of the two unless you are comparing particular makes and model years in terms of aesthetics, durability, functionality, fuel economy, build quality etc.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by dadabashua1(m): 7:42am On Mar 25, 2021
symbianDON:
greggng u fall hand with this post! I can't believe you wrote it! I have used both toyota (camry, corolla) and honda (accord, civic) for a while and they both great brands each with their pros and cons. one thing people ought to know is that you CAN'T say, as a blanket statement, that either of toyota or honda is the better of the two unless you are comparing particular makes and model years in terms of aesthetics, durability, functionality, fuel economy, build quality etc.
thats how professional talks,when ever I see statements like Toyota is better than Honda,Benz etc,I laugh,NO CAR is better than other cars in EVERY ASPECT,yes you can say Toyota is better in this aspect and that aspect,and Honda is better in this aspect and that aspect,and they always forget that people buy cars for different reasons,so that thing they think is the reason why a certain car is better might be something a potential car buyer isn't interested in,but calling one of the BEST car brand in the world a dirty pig,from a so called car dealer is shocking,and when ever I see Honda don't move market I see ignorance because Honda doesn't sell in southern Nigeria does not mean is same everywhere,always remember Nigeria does not start and ends in your location or locality, bro I'm as shock as you were seeing a dealer that also sells Honda typing something like that,and he expects people to patronize what he believes is not good? Kaiiii people de Nigeria,forget hahahahah.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by aumusa: 7:49am On Mar 25, 2021
hmmm
Re: My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by oluwabukola87028: 8:12am On Mar 25, 2021
:Are you buying a car for "second hand value" or for your comfort and durability?He just stated the obvious truth. Op enjoy your ride you are 100% right...OP enjoy your ride.

5 Likes

Re: My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by Aaaaarghmed(m): 8:37am On Mar 25, 2021
Who cares about second hand value,honda for life.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by femi4: 8:49am On Mar 25, 2021
samso247:
where is agbede?
Blacksmith

Blacksmith working on lower ball joint is bull shit. It ll compromise the vehicle's integrity

1 Like

Re: My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by femi4: 8:53am On Mar 25, 2021
Odekina15:
Having use both, Toyota reliability is second to none when it comes to suspension
Re: My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by 2shaw: 9:36am On Mar 25, 2021
Honda na rugged car,make I no lie,from honda budget,to honda bullet,honda Adidas,end and dc all na bomb tho when I fired v6 for honda,omo I could tell the diff from 4plugs. I no just like sedan again since I drove 4runner for 9months. Men SUV with great ground clearance na him win am o. Cos potholes if u never see any,e mean say u no dey live naija. Sedan cars dey suffer for whr pothole dey o,unless u ift your suspension

1 Share

Re: My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by Resurrection212: 9:43am On Mar 25, 2021
Honda eod I used them I will never forget in hurry that car almost kill me with elect problems.
Re: My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by sharpwriter(m): 10:33am On Mar 25, 2021
Odekina15:

I don't know much about cars and that leg wey dey pull. But which place gan gan make we tell Agbede to weld together?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by Aaaaarghmed(m): 11:29am On Mar 25, 2021
I can never forget wetin 2.2 Camry do my cousin,he buy shocks tire for back and change timing belt reach 15times. grin

5 Likes

Re: My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by greggng: 7:10pm On Mar 25, 2021
I didn't write the below ...I copied it but I totally agree with the write cos he is in touch with reality ...and I expect anyone that cares to read this with understanding ..

Things you should know:
Honda is good for aesthetics but cannot be tasked as hard as Toyota.

If anyone tries to argue about the above ask them why are there no transport operators that uses Honda counterpart models of Toyota for commercial transportation.
Eg.
Sienna vs Odyssey
Camry vs Accord
Corolla vs Civic
Hilux vs Ridgeline
Hiace vs ??

Some will tell you that Honda Ball Joint issue is all about maintenance culture. Ask them why do you have to be conscious of being stranded whereas fake Toyota ball joints of 1,500naira can take you as far 30k kilometers while branded ones can take you more than 150k kilometers.

When the gearbox starts dealing with you don't think anyone is fighting you from the village. It's normal with Honda

It doesn't have a strong resale value like Toyota.
A friend bought direct 2009 Honda Pilot at 4m but it's being priced at 700k after 22months in Nigeria. Compare with resale value of 2009 Highlander or even 2006

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by Jestin: 7:24pm On Mar 25, 2021
I have been using my EOD 2005 model for over 4 yrs with no single fault. Even if I want to travel to Lagos from Benin now , it is just to start the ignition and off i go. I am planning to upgrade to Lexus RX 350 2010 model soon but I go miss my Honda die. I will share tears the day I will sell that car but upgrade in life is imminent. The future buyer will be lucky when I finally decide to sell that car.

7 Likes

Re: My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by uniquetechng: 7:36pm On Mar 25, 2021
greggng:
I didn't write the below ...I copied it but I totally agree with the write cos he is in touch with reality ...and I expect anyone that cares to read this with understanding ..

Things you should know:
Honda is good for aesthetics but cannot be tasked as hard as Toyota.

If anyone tries to argue about the above ask them why are there no transport operators that uses Honda counterpart models of Toyota for commercial transportation.
Eg.
Sienna vs Odyssey
Camry vs Accord
Corolla vs Civic
Hilux vs Ridgeline
Hiace vs ??

Some will tell you that Honda Ball Joint issue is all about maintenance culture. Ask them why do you have to be conscious of being stranded whereas fake Toyota ball joints of 1,500naira can take you as far 30k kilometers while branded ones can take you more than 150k kilometers.

When the gearbox starts dealing with you don't think anyone is fighting you from the village. It's normal with Honda

It doesn't have a strong resale value like Toyota.
A friend bought direct 2009 Honda Pilot at 4m but it's being priced at 700k after 22months in Nigeria. Compare with resale value of 2009 Highlander or even 2006
Going by your logic Siena is better than Benz V class simply because the Siena is used for transportation in Nigeria.

Nobody will offer 700k for a sound 2006 Honda Pilot let alone a 2009 Tech package Pilot, it's either you fabricated this tale or your so called friend lied to you.

Every car has their pros and cons, Toyota recalls millions of cars annually due to defects from factory, Toyota's reliability and durability is criminally hyped because a Toyota Corolla will take you to the mechanic workshop more often than a Civic especially Corollas suspension.

Both Toyota and Honda have same reliability rating, Honda's engines are smoother . Honda also has better built quality.

With that said, both are great cars in their own right.

12 Likes

Re: My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by dadabashua1(m): 7:58pm On Mar 25, 2021
uniquetechng:
Going by your logic Siena is better than Benz V class simply because the Siena is used for transportation in Nigeria.

Nobody will offer 700k for a sound 2006 Honda Pilot let alone a 2009 Tech package Pilot, it's either you fabricated this tale or your so called friend lied to you.

Every car has their pros and cons, Toyota recalls millions of cars annually due to defects from factory, Toyota's reliability and durability is criminally hyped because a Toyota Corolla will take you to the mechanic workshop more often than a Civic especially Corollas suspension.

Both Toyota and Honda have same reliability rating, Honda's engines are smoother . Honda also has better built quality.

With that said, both are great cars in their own right.
Never waste your time trying to prove your point bro,just save yourself that stress,do you know in northern region Toyota is NOT the main car used for transportation,but rather golf and Sharon(which is also a Volkswagen),so by his logic once its used for transport automatically makes it a better car(smh),like I've said before NEVER USE your locality to Generalize,be precise.in fact the Nissan busses presently are gradually taking over from the few hiance Toyota buses used up north,my point is,your locality preferred cars doesn't mean is same with other places,the Peugeot cars some say its a bad brand is widely used in the north also,pls speak for your location and locality DONT generalize it.

10 Likes

Re: My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by dadabashua1(m): 8:05pm On Mar 25, 2021
The way corolla is widely use for uber,now take a look at abuja for instance most of the cars use for taxi is mostly Mazda,does that automatically makes it better than that corolla? It is common with Nigerians most especially those that don't travel across the length and breadth of the country,they think what ever is widely used in their locality is the Same every where in the country...if you are careful enough you will easily identify them from their comments..lol

7 Likes

Re: My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by Aaaaarghmed(m): 8:19pm On Mar 25, 2021
dadabashua1:
The way corolla is widely use for uber,now take a look at abuja for instance most of the cars use for taxi is mostly Mazda,does that automatically makes it better than that corolla? It is common with Nigerians most especially those that don't travel across the length and breath of the country,they think what ever is widely used in their locality is the Same every where in the country...if you are careful enough you will easily identify them from their comments..lol
what do you expect ,dem never travel well na..lol..it's like they are blind that they don't see volswagen golf 3 and it's wagon especially in Kogi state which has bad roads and also that Sharan abi volswagen Sharon.but dem go dey mention corolla everytime like say na d ultimate.

2 Likes

Re: My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by Cashalhaji: 8:23pm On Mar 25, 2021
Enjoy ur ride

1 Like

Re: My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by Coolgent(m): 8:24pm On Mar 25, 2021
Odekina15:
I have been riding various makes of Honda since 2008, I never had an issue with it leg.

3 Likes

Re: My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by dadabashua1(m): 8:25pm On Mar 25, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
what do you expect ,dem never travel well na..lol..it's like they are blind that they don't see volswagen golf 3 and it's wagon especially in Kogi state which has bad roads and also that Sharan abi volswagen Sharon.but dem go dey mention corolla everytime like say na d ultimate.
my brother,if you go to the borders you see how they raise the suspension of those Sharon used for smuggling ehhh,I doubt any sienna can withstand what those Sharon and golf cars pass through,very rugged vehicles I must confess,one wonder they are the kings of road and transportation in the north.

2 Likes

Re: My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by slimanyd: 7:58am On Mar 27, 2021
dadabashua1:
The way corolla is widely use for uber,now take a look at abuja for instance most of the cars use for taxi is mostly Mazda,does that automatically makes it better than that corolla? It is common with Nigerians most especially those that don't travel across the length and breath of the country,they think what ever is widely used in their locality is the Same every where in the country...if you are careful enough you will easily identify them from their comments..lol

Boss. What's the state of Mazda fuel consumption?
Re: My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by dadabashua1(m): 1:05pm On Mar 27, 2021
slimanyd:

Boss. What's the state of Mazda fuel consumption?
personally I've not used a Mazda before honestly ,but a friend that uses Mazda 3 said its fuel efficient.
Re: My Personal Experience With HONDA ACCORD EOD/DC by lagusboyyy(m): 7:10pm On Mar 28, 2021
dadabashua1:
The way corolla is widely use for uber,now take a look at abuja for instance most of the cars use for taxi is mostly Mazda,does that automatically makes it better than that corolla? It is common with Nigerians most especially those that don't travel across the length and breadth of the country,they think what ever is widely used in their locality is the Same every where in the country...if you are careful enough you will easily identify them from their comments..lol
I agree with you on this.

Just like how Honda and Peugeot is widely used in Northern Nigeria.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bright Lexus Rx350 AWD selling for #2.630m - Full option, First Body / Brand New 2008 Toyota Prado Gx 4 Sale,price:n5.9m, See Pictures:+229-99748098 / Carmart.ng FREE Ad Listing Is Back, Learn How To Sell Your Cars Faster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.