Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,635 members, 7,958,906 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:09 AM

I Don't Really Know How To Handle My Little Niece - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Don't Really Know How To Handle My Little Niece (1360 Views)

How Can I Handle My Younger Brother / How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years / My Wife Is Angry With Me Because I Bought Underwears For Her Niece (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Really Know How To Handle My Little Niece by Mile18(m): 8:24am On Mar 25, 2021
Good morning Nairaland, so I decided to create this thread because of my little niece, she's been living with me since jss2 and she's currently in ss1,first of I know kids don't talk to their parents about how they feel.

So I've told her right from when she started living with me to always talk to me,and if she can't she can talk to her mom this i have told her countless times.

On why I created this thread, I bought two phones one for myself, one for my nephew and I gave the old phone hot 5 to her, so she can stop troubling my phone, Immediately she created a fb accont.

After like some days I was just curious so I created another account and i added her up, we started chatting and this is what I found, what's the best way to go about it, tell her mom or talk to her myself.

Re: I Don't Really Know How To Handle My Little Niece by Nobody: 8:29am On Mar 25, 2021
Newton's three laws of motion

In the first law, an object will not change its motion unless a force acts on it. In the second law, the force on an object is equal to its mass times its acceleration. In the third law, when two objects interact, they apply forces to each other of equal magnitude and opposite direction.

You're the force she's the mass in law1&2. In law 3 you're both objects. Now read the laws again

In summary leave her alone. Your actions from the chats might actually be the propellant. She'll come through.

Leave HER

4 Likes

Re: I Don't Really Know How To Handle My Little Niece by Kriss216: 8:29am On Mar 25, 2021
That chat doesn't look like that of a Nigerian girl in SS1.

Same SS1 girl complaining of getting jealous if you have another girlfriend is same girl complaining of her friends talking about boys
Re: I Don't Really Know How To Handle My Little Niece by Hollawayn05(m): 8:31am On Mar 25, 2021
You have time oooo

It's better you sit her down and talk to her,
Try take her putting sometimes so she can be free to talk to you about things bothering her

1 Like

Re: I Don't Really Know How To Handle My Little Niece by SocialJustice: 8:33am On Mar 25, 2021
Since you've created an avenue for her to open up, please keep it that way and assist her the best you can. You need to guide her to start following the smart kids in school and emulate them in academics too as much as she can.

Since she already likes your fb character, use it as an opportunity to keep her away from little boys with no focus.

You've started well, do not mess this up.

7 Likes

Re: I Don't Really Know How To Handle My Little Niece by Romanoff(f): 8:35am On Mar 25, 2021
She needs a positive influence in her life, preferably a female.

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Really Know How To Handle My Little Niece by ValCon888: 8:45am On Mar 25, 2021
At least she knows her friends are negative. The first step towards finding a solution is to admit to yourself you have a problem.

Use your Facebook account to act like a mentor towards her and lead her down the right path.

Act like a friend and not her uncle. If not, she'll start hiding things from you on Facebook the way she's hiding things from you in real life.

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Really Know How To Handle My Little Niece by lilvicky68(m): 8:46am On Mar 25, 2021
That's the normal adolescence behavior..stop bothering yourself..your own is to advice her or call her mom to advice her about sex..

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Really Know How To Handle My Little Niece by donbachi(m): 8:54am On Mar 25, 2021
What u would have done,if she's to be ur own daughter.do it.
Re: I Don't Really Know How To Handle My Little Niece by Mile18(m): 9:21am On Mar 25, 2021
MejiLoyon:

In the first law, an object will not change its motion unless a force acts on it. In the second law, the force on an object is equal to its mass times its acceleration. In the third law, when two objects interact, they apply forces to each other of equal magnitude and opposite direction.

You're the force she's the mass in law1&2. In law 3 you're both objects. Now read the laws again

In summary leave her alone. Your actions from the chats might actually be the propellant. She'll come through.

Leave HER
My guy this your talk no follow, wetin make you feel say no one else go chatt her up

1 Like

Re: I Don't Really Know How To Handle My Little Niece by Mile18(m): 9:22am On Mar 25, 2021
Romanoff:
She needs a positive influence in her life, preferably a female.

Nice talk
Re: I Don't Really Know How To Handle My Little Niece by Mile18(m): 9:23am On Mar 25, 2021
SocialJustice:
Since you've created an avenue for her to open up, please keep it that way and assist her the best you can. You need to guide her to start following the smart kids in school and emulate them in academics too as much as she can.

Since she already likes your fb character, use it as an opportunity to keep her away from little boys with no focus.

You've started well, do not mess this up.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: I Don't Really Know How To Handle My Little Niece by olorunyomi25149: 11:48am On Mar 25, 2021

1 Like

Re: I Don't Really Know How To Handle My Little Niece by Karleb(m): 1:20pm On Mar 25, 2021
Get cane and flog the hell out of her.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Really Know How To Handle My Little Niece by Mile18(m): 1:20pm On Mar 25, 2021
lilvicky68:
That's the normal adolescence behavior..stop bothering yourself..your own is to advice her or call her mom to advice her about sex..

Copied
Re: I Don't Really Know How To Handle My Little Niece by Mile18(m): 1:26pm On Mar 25, 2021
olorunyomi25149:

Whatever action i take she no go rebel cos she knows she's my daughter.
Re: I Don't Really Know How To Handle My Little Niece by ThiagoKid(m): 1:28pm On Mar 25, 2021
You are complicating this issue yourself.
Its just simple arithmetic.

Karleb:
Get cane and flog the hell out of her.

after exploring all options and things ain't working out, i support the above quote.
Re: I Don't Really Know How To Handle My Little Niece by Owiii(m): 1:51pm On Mar 25, 2021
Mile18:
Good morning Nairaland, so I decided to create this thread because of my little niece, she's been living with me since jss2 and she's currently in ss1,first of I know kids don't talk to their parents about how they feel.

So I've told her right from when she started living with me to always talk to me,and if she can't she can talk to her mom this i have told her countless times.

On why I created this thread, I bought two phones one for myself, one for my nephew and I gave the old phone hot 5 to her, so she can stop troubling my phone, Immediately she created a fb accont.

After like some days I was just curious so I created another account and i added her up, we started chatting and this is what I found, what's the best way to go about it, tell her mom or talk to her myself.
Don't disclose your identity to her but start by advising her from the chat and see her she reacts or changes. You are in a better position to advice Bernie since she can't divulge this to you but can tell a total stranger.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Really Know How To Handle My Little Niece by Georgekyrian(m): 1:54pm On Mar 25, 2021
MejiLoyon:

Leave HER

You nailed it Bro, just that OP is jealous of someone else chatting her sister.. OP your formula could be trace to 19th century family of child upbringing. As for this 21st century you work with what you have at hand.

Question of the day: why is it that you find high number of virgins in rich homes than poor homes... Think before you answer
Re: I Don't Really Know How To Handle My Little Niece by The5DME(m): 2:29pm On Mar 25, 2021
I don't know what to say.
Re: I Don't Really Know How To Handle My Little Niece by ImaIma1(f): 3:11pm On Mar 25, 2021
Mile18:

The number one problem is you still seeing her as your "little niece". When I saw the topic, I was expecting a 5 or 6 year old. An SS1 girl is already experiencing puberty and learning new things.

Maybe you should talk to her about relationships appropriate for her age. Let her understand that there will be enough time to have boyfriends. That having them now will affect her studies.

But also, tell her to let you know if she likes any guy or kind of encourage her to tell you when she has a boyfriend so that you can monitor and advise her. Because it is inevitable at this point.

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Really Know How To Handle My Little Niece by Mile18(m): 3:46pm On Mar 25, 2021
ImaIma1:

The number one problem is you still seeing her as your "little niece". When I saw the topic, I was expecting a 5 or 6 year old. An SS1 girl is already experiencing puberty and learning new things.

Maybe you should talk to her about relationships appropriate for her age. Let her understand that there will be enough time to have boyfriends. That having them now will affect her studies.

But also, tell her to let you know if she likes any guy or kind of encourage her to tell you when she has a boyfriend so that you can monitor and advise her. Because it is inevitable at this point.

Wow this is amazing, thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Really Know How To Handle My Little Niece by Mile18(m): 3:52pm On Mar 25, 2021
ImaIma1:

Your husband and kid's must be lucky to have you.
Re: I Don't Really Know How To Handle My Little Niece by mariahAngel(f): 3:52pm On Mar 25, 2021
Mile18:

What you did and are doing is wrong! You're invading her privacy without her permission. You have no right to do that, even if your intentions are good.
Allow her come to you to tell you what she feels comfortable telling you, when she feels comfortable.
If she eventually finds out the Facebook friend, "her confidant" is you, she'll feel betrayed, invaded and stripped by you!
She'll never fully trust you again, and you'll lose her respect.
You'll make her question everything.
There are phases in life we must go through on our own.
Re: I Don't Really Know How To Handle My Little Niece by mutter(f): 3:55pm On Mar 25, 2021
I think you overstepped the boundary by prying into her privacy.
Please have decent conversations with her.
Teenagers need to be able to communicate and thrust someone without fear odf being judged.
And she needs her safe heaven.
.plea2do this in real life and stop the sneaking.
Re: I Don't Really Know How To Handle My Little Niece by Mile18(m): 4:02pm On Mar 25, 2021
There are phases in life we must go through on our own. [/quote][/b][b]

Your points are valid, but again if she's not properly guided, she might be a victim, I believe you know not all mistakes can be corrected, I'm a person that goes to work early and come back late, sometimes I might be away for a week or two, if I don't know what she's up to, how do I help her.
Re: I Don't Really Know How To Handle My Little Niece by Mile18(m): 4:06pm On Mar 25, 2021
mutter:
I think you overstepped the boundary by prying into her privacy.
Please have decent conversations with her.
Teenagers need to be able to communicate and thrust someone without fear odf being judged.
And she needs her safe heaven.
.plea2do this in real life and stop the sneaking.

Sister if you go up a little bit you might see a woman like you commented, @ImaIma1
Re: I Don't Really Know How To Handle My Little Niece by Mile18(m): 4:08pm On Mar 25, 2021
mariahAngel:

What you did and are doing is wrong! You're invading her privacy without her permission. You have no right to do that, even if your intentions are good.
Allow her come to you to tell you what she feels comfortable telling you, when she feels comfortable.
If she eventually finds out the Facebook friend, "her confidant" is you, she'll feel betrayed, invaded and stripped by you!
She'll never fully trust you again, and you'll lose her respect.
You'll make her question everything.
There are phases in life we must go through on our own.

Think before you talk okay
Re: I Don't Really Know How To Handle My Little Niece by mariahAngel(f): 4:23pm On Mar 25, 2021
Mile18:

Think before you talk okay

I haven't said anything out of line.
According to your chat with her, she's beginning to have feelings for you. That's dangerous.
Stop that before it gets out of hand.
You're stealing information she isn't prepared to share with you, and that is the truth.

You have absolute no right to invade her privacy through your Trojan gift!
Re: I Don't Really Know How To Handle My Little Niece by Mile18(m): 4:26pm On Mar 25, 2021
[quote author=SocialJustice post=100192141]Since you've created an avenue for her to open up, please keep it that way and assist her the best you can. You need to guide her to start following the smart kids in school and emulate them in academics too as much as she can.

You've started well, do not mess this up. [/quote

Nice one from you.
Re: I Don't Really Know How To Handle My Little Niece by mariahAngel(f): 4:28pm On Mar 25, 2021
Mile18:
There are phases in life we must go through on our own. [/b][b]

Your points are valid, but again if she's not properly guided, she might be a victim, I believe you know not all mistakes can be corrected, I'm a person that goes to work early and come back late, sometimes I might be away for a week or two, if I don't know what she's up to, how do I help her.

There are honest ways to do that.

She needs a grown up female mentor/friend she can confide in. Who can guide her.
Look for a decent female friend you can trust, and connect them.
Truth is, there are some things we'd rather talk with a trusted friend, than with family.
Re: I Don't Really Know How To Handle My Little Niece by Mile18(m): 4:29pm On Mar 25, 2021
mariahAngel:

I haven't said anything out of line.
According to your chat with her, she's beginning to have feelings for you. That's dangerous.
Stop that before it gets out of hand.
You're stealing information she isn't prepared to share with you, and that is the truth.

You have absolute no right to invade her privacy through your Trojan gift!

(1) (2) (Reply)

SOLD @@@@@@ SOLD @@@@@ SOLD. @@@@@ / Sold HD TV / Should I Leave My Parents House Or Not !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.