Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Forex, Border Control Soar Prices Of Fairly Used Cars - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Forex, Border Control Soar Prices Of Fairly Used Cars (21056 Views)

The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars / Prices Of Secondhand 'Tokunbo' Vehicles Soar Over Freight, Clearing Charges, FX / Why Are Canadian Used Cars Cheaper Than American Used Cars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forex, Border Control Soar Prices Of Fairly Used Cars by Ghost1994: 6:11pm On Mar 25, 2021
To buy naija used also is very expensive
Re: Forex, Border Control Soar Prices Of Fairly Used Cars by olaboy33(m): 6:11pm On Mar 25, 2021
Re: Forex, Border Control Soar Prices Of Fairly Used Cars by nedekid: 6:12pm On Mar 25, 2021
Meanwhile, talk about buhari and this regime, you will see hundreds of likes.
Who are these people sef? It does not make sense that 30k is the motivation naa.
Do they have seperate fuel stations, markets, fx rates etc for them?
Truely confusing.

2 Likes

Re: Forex, Border Control Soar Prices Of Fairly Used Cars by HeadShot: 6:13pm On Mar 25, 2021
iwaeda:
What is not sky rocketing in this era?

The only way to make Nigeria great again is to vote out APc and PDP...

Buhari administration has placed the South under siege...
Re: Forex, Border Control Soar Prices Of Fairly Used Cars by Tekzyflex(m): 6:14pm On Mar 25, 2021
Scrabs sef is expensive. Just imagine Camry 2008 for 2 to 3 million
Re: Forex, Border Control Soar Prices Of Fairly Used Cars by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:16pm On Mar 25, 2021
It's so unfortunate.
With our decrepit and stress inducing public transport, having a car is almost a necessity in Nigeria.
Yet it's not affordable. Nigerians are screwed!!
Re: Forex, Border Control Soar Prices Of Fairly Used Cars by Terriwaya: 6:26pm On Mar 25, 2021
MostIncredibleDFirst:
This luxury sedan by Mercedes is available for sale.
It's a few months used 2019 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic. - 2.9M only.

Neat. Stylish. Sophisticated. Affordable. Luxurious.
2019? You be thief??

1 Like

Re: Forex, Border Control Soar Prices Of Fairly Used Cars by Lawalemi(m): 6:43pm On Mar 25, 2021
Buhari has rubbished everything
Re: Forex, Border Control Soar Prices Of Fairly Used Cars by pacespot(m): 6:54pm On Mar 25, 2021
I wonder why someone will post camry 2008 second hand and place price tag of 4 million naira on it, but I thought the government said they were going to slash import duties on cars to discourage smuggling through illegal routes. This government sha, saying good things to the media and doing nothing. It always takes ages for them to implement policies that will alleviate the suffering of masses.
Re: Forex, Border Control Soar Prices Of Fairly Used Cars by Nobody: 7:07pm On Mar 25, 2021
Only in the south, am sure places like Jibya and Dala, Maradi don't experience border closure, cars are freighted in from neiboring countries like Niger and Chad.

Imagine a 1995 406 going for 3.2 million in 2021, ridiculous!

But the idiots in the south and west won't complain, they prefer suffering and smiling.

This is economic sabotage at its best, one part of the country must pay duties for another part of the country to enjoy duty free smuggled goods.

Tufia!

1 Like

Re: Forex, Border Control Soar Prices Of Fairly Used Cars by luminouz(m): 7:16pm On Mar 25, 2021
iwaeda:
What is not sky rocketing in this era?
Only oxygen bro....just oxygen

1 Like

Re: Forex, Border Control Soar Prices Of Fairly Used Cars by omoadeleye(m): 7:23pm On Mar 25, 2021
Lavisha:

Last December, I wanted to sell my Honda Accord DC for 650k, the buyer come dey do anyhow, new he's begging for 800k and I ain't selling shit..

Damn
Re: Forex, Border Control Soar Prices Of Fairly Used Cars by Prajonis: 8:39pm On Mar 25, 2021
adonainana:
I feel sorry for poor people currently living in Nigeria atm

Like imagine being on a 40k monthly salary when are you going to save to buy a 2.8 million naira tokunbo car

Tokunbo means foreign used so the cars are not brand new, it’s only recommendable because the roads and maintenance culture of where they were driven was okay

Like fairly used it will take the average Nigerian earner 70 months 5 years and 8 months to buy to save for a car if he saves all of his salary 40k per month

Wow
I feel sorry for poor people in this country called Nigeria so sorry
But you and I know such people will trek their way to their graves except they experience financial breakthrough at some point. I'm a level 8 officer in civil service and any time I go to the office and take a look at my senior colleagues I see how unfulfilled I'd be decades from now if I doom myself to complete dependence on civil service salary. Na wetin dey give me voltage every day to find the hammer wey I go use break the key to success for 9ja grin

1 Like

Re: Forex, Border Control Soar Prices Of Fairly Used Cars by tunashg: 8:59pm On Mar 25, 2021
Quote me if you have a clean nigeria used toyota camry tiny light for sale
Re: Forex, Border Control Soar Prices Of Fairly Used Cars by chronique(m): 1:05am On Mar 26, 2021
tunashg:
Quote me if you have a clean nigeria used toyota camry tiny light for sale

Re: Forex, Border Control Soar Prices Of Fairly Used Cars by jaxxy(m): 2:15am On Mar 26, 2021
Abuja cars and dealers. grin
Re: Forex, Border Control Soar Prices Of Fairly Used Cars by InvertedHammer: 5:48am On Mar 26, 2021
/

Importation into Nigeria is a very risky venture.

/
Re: Forex, Border Control Soar Prices Of Fairly Used Cars by sultaan(m): 8:07am On Mar 27, 2021
iwaeda:

Lalasticlala.

Crying for mummy ba?

Think, what percentage of the NCS, NIS and NPF serve within 100 square kilometers of the Nigerian border in the southwest.

How far can you drive with a bag of rice in you back seat in southwest before arrest and how far with AK 47 in the north befors you see police?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Model Of Car Is Best For Nigerian Roads? / Why Do People Buy Expensive Cars? / How To Get Doctor's Report For Tinted Glass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.