Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night (67144 Views)

Woman Dies After Her Phone Exploded While She Was Sleeping (pictures) / Why You Should Avoid Buying The Foldable Phones In 2019 / How To Check Your MTN, Glo, Airtel & 9mobile Phone Number On Your Mobile Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by virtuousheart: 9:53pm On Mar 30, 2021
Ok
Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 30, 2021
something must kill a man.... all of you reading this must die someday and something must kill u.

if you like eat balance diet or eat healthy... stray bullet may miss road and hit u on the centre of your chest.

if you like carry 1 million soldiers to secure u and chain your home with security gadget... your gas cooker may explode on u when u turn it on or your electric kettle will shock you to death.

if you like do regular exercise and see your doctor 24/7 for check-up, u may die ontop dick or pussy during sex.grin

if na die... that one sure for all man !!!

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by Hydronium(m): 9:56pm On Mar 30, 2021
Yawn

I have trumped this.

Next?
Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by phr0nesis(m): 9:58pm On Mar 30, 2021
I have set my phone to automatically go off by 12 midnight and come back on by 5am
Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by adesegun121(m): 9:59pm On Mar 30, 2021
Ok
Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by Hydronium(m): 9:59pm On Mar 30, 2021
Hydronium:
Yawn

I have trumped this.

Next?

My blue light filter kicks in at 7 every evening. Turns off by 8am.

I reduce my backlight to 5% at nights. Also that of my lamps and bulbs.

I plan to use my eyes for a very long time.
Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by PAWG(m): 9:59pm On Mar 30, 2021
If EMR from your mobile phone wanted to kill you, it'll have finished you during the day when your phone is actively in use and possibly in your pocket.\

Please stop misleading people, the fact that something appears 'logical' to you doesn't mean it's correct. \

OP you sound like Pastor Chris during the 5G saga.
Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by akinwale701(m): 10:00pm On Mar 30, 2021
temitayo315:
For most people, the last thing you do before going to sleep is to scroll & chat and the first thing upon wakening up is to check through your phone again. If you see yourself in this category of people that always keep their mobile phone next to their bed at night, then take note of this.

What is the health implication? How might this impact your ability to sleep? All these scenarios are what is common to most mobile users.

I have heard people say “I couldn’t sleep” or “I slept late” or “sleep no gree come (Nigeria pidgin)”. Why? This is basically because mobile phones are believed to give off Blue Light- a type that studies have suggested that it can affect the production of the sleep-inducing hormone melatonin and disrupt our circadian rhythms. Circadian rhythms may mean difficulties falling asleep or staying awake at the appropriate time.

Generally, keeping your phone near you during sleep hours (at night) may prompt a continuous desire to continue refreshing, checking, responding, scrolling, clicking, posting, or playing games which exposes your eyes to blue light causing a reduction in sleep or Insomnia- Difficulty/trouble falling asleep.

Studies have revealed that mobile phone gives off electromagnetic radiation (EMR) which is a combination of electrical and magnetic energy that travels through space at the speed of light.

This radiation when it is high, it has a thermal effect; that is, it raises the body temperature and there are also concerns that it can cause headaches or brain tumors and body pain.

when it is close to your head while sleeping, you might wake up with a headache, body pain, or body weakness.

Mobile devices are designed to enhance our lives and not disrupt it.

What you should do?

Always reduce screen brightness, get an alarm clock if necessary. You should put your phone to charge in another room. Better still, you can switch it off.

So I hope this helps.

Source: https://teetaryo.com/why-you-should-avoid-keeping-your-mobile-phone-near-you-while-sleeping-at-night/

How niggas wan take bomb for night with this? Forget jare.
Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:00pm On Mar 30, 2021
Screen brightness always at zero. My eyes will start watering if I dare look at it directly even at 5% brightness.

My phone has a blue light filter, too. So I sleep peacefully. cheesy
Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by Hydronium(m): 10:01pm On Mar 30, 2021
Hydronium:

My blue light filter kicks in at 7 every evening. Turns off by 8am.

I reduce my backlight to 5% at nights. Also that of my lamps and bulbs.

I plan to use my eyes for a very long time.

Finding these days that white 'energy saving' bulbs are actually blue light culprits. So you sometimes find it hard to sleep after exposure to them.
In such cases, filament lamps (though energy consuming) are often better.
Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by Peace081: 10:01pm On Mar 30, 2021
phr0nesis:
I have set my phone to automatically go off by 12 midnight and come back on by 5am
How do you do it?
Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by Hotzone(m): 10:01pm On Mar 30, 2021
That’s for kpalasa phone users, not iPhone users
Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by Peace081: 10:03pm On Mar 30, 2021
BadRadio:
something must kill a man.... all of you reading this must die someday and something must kill u.

if you like eat balance diet or eat healthy... stray bullet may miss road and hit u on the centre of your chest.

if you like carry 1 million soldiers to secure u and chain your home with security gadget... your gas cooker may explode on u when u turn it on or your electric kettle will shock you to death.

if you like do regular exercise and see your doctor 24/7 for check-up, u may die ontop dick or pussy during sex.grin

if na die... that one sure for all man !!!

And how is this post related to the topic?
O boy get sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by Hydronium(m): 10:03pm On Mar 30, 2021
Hydronium:

Finding these days that white 'energy saving' bulbs are actually blue light culprits. So you sometimes find it hard to sleep after exposure to them.
In such cases, filament lamps (though energy consuming) are often better.

Blue light is actually dangerous to health. It's a long term cumulative culprit.

Better to heed now.
Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 10:03pm On Mar 30, 2021
I have been sleeping with my phone.
I always find it under me, when I wake up.

I'm addicted
Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by Nobody: 10:04pm On Mar 30, 2021
Peace081:
And how is this post related to the topic? O boy get sense

Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by ChereCC77(m): 10:05pm On Mar 30, 2021
Thank you for the information. It is not easy for me. Someone help
Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by ChereCC77(m): 10:06pm On Mar 30, 2021
Peace081:

And how is this post related to the topic?
O boy get sense
how please
Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by shadeyinka(m): 10:09pm On Mar 30, 2021
temitayo315:
For most people, the last thing you do before going to sleep is to scroll & chat and the first thing upon wakening up is to check through your phone again. If you see yourself in this category of people that always keep their mobile phone next to their bed at night, then take note of this.

What is the health implication? How might this impact your ability to sleep? All these scenarios are what is common to most mobile users.

I have heard people say “I couldn’t sleep” or “I slept late” or “sleep no gree come (Nigeria pidgin)”. Why? This is basically because mobile phones are believed to give off Blue Light- a type that studies have suggested that it can affect the production of the sleep-inducing hormone melatonin and disrupt our circadian rhythms. Circadian rhythms may mean difficulties falling asleep or staying awake at the appropriate time.

Generally, keeping your phone near you during sleep hours (at night) may prompt a continuous desire to continue refreshing, checking, responding, scrolling, clicking, posting, or playing games which exposes your eyes to blue light causing a reduction in sleep or Insomnia- Difficulty/trouble falling asleep.

Studies have revealed that mobile phone gives off electromagnetic radiation (EMR) which is a combination of electrical and magnetic energy that travels through space at the speed of light.

This radiation when it is high, it has a thermal effect; that is, it raises the body temperature and there are also concerns that it can cause headaches or brain tumors and body pain.

when it is close to your head while sleeping, you might wake up with a headache, body pain, or body weakness.

Mobile devices are designed to enhance our lives and not disrupt it.

What you should do?

Always reduce screen brightness, get an alarm clock if necessary. You should put your phone to charge in another room. Better still, you can switch it off.

So I hope this helps.

Source: https://teetaryo.com/why-you-should-avoid-keeping-your-mobile-phone-near-you-while-sleeping-at-night/
Half knowledge destroys faster than the hurricane!
1. Blue Light: Is the blue light from the phone screen? Or that from the Light emitting diode ( an indicator light)?
Then it must be visible and harmless just like any blue light (that is if the blue light even exist)
2. The sun rays are electromagnetic waves but they dont cook humans who work in the sun. All radio and TV waves are electromagnetic radiations but they dont kill because the intensity and energy content is too low to even harm a cell.

It's just like saying that "It has been discovered that common salt can dessicate meat, therefore not good for injestion"!

Is this not a ridiculous conclusion
Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by TheGift: 10:12pm On Mar 30, 2021
Whats funny? There was a time when the one Phone used by the entire family was usually in the living room. And we survived just fine. It only seems strange now because we have become so addicted to mobile phones, its like an extension of our hands.
lilvicky68:
We should keep our phone to charge in another room?lol
Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by 2shaw: 10:13pm On Mar 30, 2021
Fake replicas[color=#000099][/color]1
Jodha:
Be like yhu want them to thief my phone..
Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by phr0nesis(m): 10:14pm On Mar 30, 2021
Peace081:

How do you do it?
Settings/Battery & performance/Schedule power off and on

Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by Tonymegabush1(m): 10:16pm On Mar 30, 2021
Very guilty of these
Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by emmyN(m): 10:18pm On Mar 30, 2021
AsherAmari:
Since 2004 I started using phone, it has always been on my bed sleeping and waking up with me, nothing has happened and nothing will happen in Jesus name.

The only thing I knew was bad that I had to stop, was using my phone while its charging on the socket. That thing can give small small shocks on the earlobe eh? ..

Thanks for the info anyways.
We'll try and adjust.

Change your charger
Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by Nobody: 10:26pm On Mar 30, 2021
My phone is my girlfriend, always beside me and nothing has ever happened. If I wan sleep, I just close my eyes and sleep, my phone no dey stop me.
Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by geemd434: 10:28pm On Mar 30, 2021
What I understand about this platform is that. When a Yoruba make a tribal comment if you are able to counter it they will block you. But if you allow them they will not block you. If I mean these Yoruba scums in this platform, I will be blocked but then I don't give a fork because there are other platform. So Fork you all. ���������
Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by frozen70(f): 10:30pm On Mar 30, 2021
I put mine besides my pillow but it must be in flight mode
Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by Guyman93: 10:43pm On Mar 30, 2021
Stop using cheap tecno and infinix buy good phone dey have feature that help u against this issue
Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by Franckelv230: 10:47pm On Mar 30, 2021
lilvicky68:
We should keep our phone to charge in another room?lol.. if person follow window thief the phone or high current blow our charger how we go know..

Mad man

Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by Chirowman(m): 10:48pm On Mar 30, 2021
Okay good information

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Official Discussion Thread / Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. / SONY Xperia Phones Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.