Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,160 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night (67186 Views)

Woman Dies After Her Phone Exploded While She Was Sleeping (pictures) / Why You Should Avoid Buying The Foldable Phones In 2019 / How To Check Your MTN, Glo, Airtel & 9mobile Phone Number On Your Mobile Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by electhnd(m): 6:12am On Mar 31, 2021
the funniest thing, some people will just wake up and carry their phone......... have you checked whether u can TALK ........... ... JUST SAY THANK U LORD first
Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by electhnd(m): 6:16am On Mar 31, 2021
temitayo315:
For most people, the last thing you do before going to sleep is to scroll & chat and the first thing upon wakening up is to check through your phone again. If you see yourself in this category of people that always keep their mobile phone next to their bed at night, then take note of this.

What is the health implication? How might this impact your ability to sleep? All these scenarios are what is common to most mobile users.

I have heard people say “I couldn’t sleep” or “I slept late” or “sleep no gree come (Nigeria pidgin)”. Why? This is basically because mobile phones are believed to give off Blue Light- a type that studies have suggested that it can affect the production of the sleep-inducing hormone melatonin and disrupt our circadian rhythms. Circadian rhythms may mean difficulties falling asleep or staying awake at the appropriate time.

Generally, keeping your phone near you during sleep hours (at night) may prompt a continuous desire to continue refreshing, checking, responding, scrolling, clicking, posting, or playing games which exposes your eyes to blue light causing a reduction in sleep or Insomnia- Difficulty/trouble falling asleep.

Studies have revealed that mobile phone gives off electromagnetic radiation (EMR) which is a combination of electrical and magnetic energy that travels through space at the speed of light.

This radiation when it is high, it has a thermal effect; that is, it raises the body temperature and there are also concerns that it can cause headaches or brain tumors and body pain.

when it is close to your head while sleeping, you might wake up with a headache, body pain, or body weakness.

Mobile devices are designed to enhance our lives and not disrupt it.

What you should do?

Always reduce screen brightness, get an alarm clock if necessary. You should put your phone to charge in another room. Better still, you can switch it off.

So I hope this helps.

Source: https://teetaryo.com/why-you-should-avoid-keeping-your-mobile-phone-near-you-while-sleeping-at-night/

the funniest thing, some people will just wake up and carry their phone......... have you checked whether u can TALK ........... ... JUST SAY THANK U LORD first
Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by lilvicky68(m): 6:20am On Mar 31, 2021
Lekmanz87:

Be like the op no dey stay naija...lol
No mind am

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by ugunna(f): 7:40am On Mar 31, 2021
thanks for the tips, but my tecno phone has an eye care feature, so at night the bright ness doesn't give any issues
Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by cmecproblem(m): 7:44am On Mar 31, 2021
Not practical in Nigeria.
Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by ohosi4real(m): 10:09am On Mar 31, 2021
At times science can lie.
Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by Oyindaberry(f): 10:40am On Mar 31, 2021
lilvicky68:
We should keep our phone to charge in another room?lol.. if person follow window thief the phone or high current blow our charger how we go know..

Those kain thieves wey go tie dustpan to long thick come from window steal the phone ��
Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by Lionelbhass(m): 12:16pm On Mar 31, 2021
This is actually true, I sleep with my phone close to my pillow.
It's either I have sleepless nights or headache, I guess I've learnt my lesson the hard way. lol
Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by lilvicky68(m): 12:18pm On Mar 31, 2021
Oyindaberry:

Those kain thieves wey go tie dustpan to long thick come from window steal the phone ��
Or them go use stick hook the charger draw the phone comot

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by Oyindaberry(f): 1:34pm On Mar 31, 2021
lilvicky68:

Or them go use stick hook the charger draw the phone comot

Ayiiiii�����

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by payloader(m): 1:35pm On Mar 31, 2021
I usually reduce my screen brightness to the barest minimum before browsing at night. I don't have issues with sleeping, so this is not for me. Those who suffer most from mobile phone induced insomnia usually have insomnia.
Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by SavageResponse(m): 4:15pm On Mar 31, 2021
I hate switching of my phones cos I always like being reachable
Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by mikuz(m): 5:31pm On Mar 31, 2021
Nice info
Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by Cashify: 6:15pm On Mar 31, 2021
Really
Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by wizygreat2000(m): 7:14pm On Mar 31, 2021
That advice is for only those living in Nigeria ��death place as for us that is in Europe nothing like that else oo even correct for here no dey shock self shocked sad
Re: Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night by EngrchidiG25(m): 10:18pm On Mar 31, 2021
For those living in one room just keep it with your landlord in his room this advice make me look somehow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Official Discussion Thread / GLO New Cheap Data Plans & Prices (2GB For N1,000) / Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.