Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Oyedepo Commissions Construction Of The Ark (pictures) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo Commissions Construction Of The Ark (pictures) (74835 Views)

Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion / Bishop Oyedepo Commissions Stadium As Covenant University Clocks 16 / Bishop David Oyedepo Commissions Pst David Ibiyeomie Chokhman Academy Igwuruta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo Commissions Construction Of The Ark (pictures) by Ronzy1990(m): 3:34am On Mar 26, 2021
ProphetAjasco:
I see, I saw..... I see dragging and fighting, Oyedepo and some church members dragging for ownership of this building. I see them abandoning God and resorting to juju in this battle, I see them afflicting one another with hunchback, bow leg and kwashiorkor. Oh what a terrible sight ......

So I have seen and So shall it be.
Please don't allow thunder to fire you. Leper!
Re: Oyedepo Commissions Construction Of The Ark (pictures) by CodeTemplar: 3:35am On Mar 26, 2021
Emperor88:
on the long run, how does this benefit the economy.... An 100,000 capacity Hospital(subsidised), School(free), Factory(employment) is what people who practice the love Christ taught not this useless God forsaken building.
You must be one of those shrine agents. 100,000 capacity hospital that's subsidized by what? By seeds paid towards actualization of a ministry.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Commissions Construction Of The Ark (pictures) by codemaniacs: 3:36am On Mar 26, 2021
Subsidybad21:

Nope. Serious nations have a wide enough tax base. As for exports....what matters is who controls the price. We are in debt because we don't control the price of our exports. Yes, we don't control the price of oil, and before that, our agro and mineral products.

Industrial nations are not in debt like us, because they can set the price of the manufactured goods they export...and thus earn enough cash.

And they produce more oil than we do. That's why they are rich

A family of 15 on a monthly income of N200000 would appear poorer than a family of three on the same income.

Actually, that's not true.

Most developed and developing countries get a large chunk of budget funding from taxes.

France for example can afford free educaiton because it has a tax to gdp ratio of 43%, while Nigeria can't because we have a tax to gdp ratio of 6.1%

we are in debt because we don't invest in infrastructure.

we are in debt because we buy from developed countries and not from ourselves ( fellow Nigerians ).

most developed and other countries spend a large chunk of their budget on salaries. france can afford free education because it sucks revenue from at least 15 african countries.
Re: Oyedepo Commissions Construction Of The Ark (pictures) by MightySparrow: 3:39am On Mar 26, 2021
Muyiwaipere:

You just shot yourself in the leg....Abeg use style enter our branch for Benin and see for yourself

grin grin ;laughing in your language

Re: Oyedepo Commissions Construction Of The Ark (pictures) by MightySparrow: 4:11am On Mar 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Well i'll stick to how the work was commissioned by Jesus himself going in pairs to preach and teach people in their homes! Mark 6:7
So you stick to whatever arrangement you see in your neighbourhood, i beleive only those following his footsteps are doing his work not those building mega Churches to house worshipers who aren't going to preach and teach their neighbours as instructed by the founder of Christianity Jesus Christ of Nazareth! Matthew 7:21-23 smiley

And he called unto him
really? 7 And he called unto him the twelve, and began to send them forth by two and two; and gave them power over unclean spirits; 8 And commanded them that they should take nothing for their journey, save a staff only; no scrip, no bread, no money in their purse: 9 But be shod with sandals; and not put on two coats. 10 And he said unto them, In what place soever ye enter into an house, there abide till ye depart from that place. 11 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city. 12 And they went out, and preached that men should repent. 13 And they cast out many devils, and anointed with oil many that were sick, and healed them.
Mark 6: 7 - ,13. You just choose what suits you, incomplete obedience. They preached, healed, cast out devil's. Can you read that? Oh, I remember your organisation saying devil's have more power than Jehovah on earth today. grin grin grin
Re: Oyedepo Commissions Construction Of The Ark (pictures) by bezimo(m): 4:13am On Mar 26, 2021
[quote author=Abbamasta post=100211438][/quote]

Na you or your papa resources..if not.. shut up and get out.
Re: Oyedepo Commissions Construction Of The Ark (pictures) by ayenale1(m): 4:26am On Mar 26, 2021
These are people we need as leaders...and the one that sweet me is that the designs are done from the department of architecture from covenant not inviting Chinese as our government executives do all the time...our country is like this cos we neglect our own resources...
Re: Oyedepo Commissions Construction Of The Ark (pictures) by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:51am On Mar 26, 2021
Highlighted is your concern shey?

Continue deceiving yourself!

The highlighted said "he (Jesus) GAVE HIS DISCIPLES POWER" that very day meaning that's not the work he expected them to do but PREACH and TEACH to make more disciples who will in turn do the same! Revelations 22:17

Covid19 is real o! get your miracle performing prophets to go out there and cure it after all they're more than JWs so how many Covid19 demons are out there that they can't squash within just one month? cheesy

MightySparrow:

And he called unto him
really? 7 And he called unto him the twelve, and began to send them forth by two and two; and gave them power over unclean spirits 8 And commanded them that they should take nothing for their journey, save a staff only; no scrip, no bread, no money in their purse: 9 But be shod with sandals; and not put on two coats. 10 And he said unto them, In what place soever ye enter into an house, there abide till ye depart from that place. 11 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city. 12 And they went out, and preached that men should repent. 13 And they cast out many devils, and anointed with oil many that were sick, and healed them.
Mark 6: 7 - ,13. You just choose what suits you, incomplete obedience. They preached, healed, cast out devil's. Can you read that? Oh, I remember your organisation saying devil's have more power than Jehovah on earth today. grin grin grin
Re: Oyedepo Commissions Construction Of The Ark (pictures) by Nobody: 5:29am On Mar 26, 2021
codemaniacs:

we are in debt because we don't invest in infrastructure.

we are in debt because we buy from developed countries and not from ourselves ( fellow Nigerians ).

most developed and other countries spend a large chunk of their budget on salaries. france can afford free education because it sucks revenue from at least 15 african countries.

1. You need money to invest in infrastructure .Taxation comes in there

2.We are in debt because the price of oil is too low for a nation our size

Google breakeven oil price

3. True about France. But countries like Denmark and Finland also have similar high tax to gdp ratios and i don't recall them exploiting african countries

Re: Oyedepo Commissions Construction Of The Ark (pictures) by MrgudK(m): 5:40am On Mar 26, 2021
HigherEd:
History Behind The Project

The money for the Ark was fully raised in 2016 after the church raised money from her members and non members across the globe specifically for the project. The project was initially christened Faith Theatre and was intended to be built on 1000 acres of land behind Covenant University.

The project couldn't take off as Bishop Oyedepo said God had not permitted him to proceed with the project.
The money remained with the church.

However, Bishop Oyedepo says he now has conviction and direction to go ahead with the project. Consequently, Faith academy was demolished alongside the church's Institute and camp house. The name of the facility now christened "The Ark" instead of Faith Theatre.

Faith academy was then relocated behind Covenant university giving room for the new construction.

The stadium like facility was designed by Covenant University Department Of Architecture and would be built by a Nigerian engineering firm - Laralek Engineering.

The commissioning for the project happened in the early hours of today and construction has commenced this afternoon.

Pictures Of Oyedepo Commissioning.

https://m./1974867082839290/permalink/3052371855088802/

Lalasticlala

Great God.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Commissions Construction Of The Ark (pictures) by mrkia(m): 5:58am On Mar 26, 2021
Just a Food for the mighty rapture...
Re: Oyedepo Commissions Construction Of The Ark (pictures) by BLoomfrancs(m): 6:14am On Mar 26, 2021
CodeTemplar:
Oyedepo has the mandate to preach the gospel and has openly declared that. Anyone donating towards his ministry is aware of that and therefore accepts his moves a long as the seeds kept flowing towards the ministry. Go to where people raise seed funds for business and ask people called into industry to pitch their ideas there. Stop converting pastors to industrialists or researcher and scientists.
And the church he is building is what? Anyways, you are African, never expected anything sensible to come from you.
Re: Oyedepo Commissions Construction Of The Ark (pictures) by ehissi(m): 6:19am On Mar 26, 2021
This
Re: Oyedepo Commissions Construction Of The Ark (pictures) by Gbemini(m): 6:51am On Mar 26, 2021
doxijaw:
More donations loading tongue
if they are using it for good things like this then it cool with us ...
Re: Oyedepo Commissions Construction Of The Ark (pictures) by Nodogragra4me(m): 7:26am On Mar 26, 2021
MATEX30:
It was indeed a great day, we thank God for the success of the ground breaking service for the 100,000 seater capacity church auditorium, The Ark,

Litedhill.com was there alive and you can see many pictures from the event here --.

https://litedhill.com/picture-highlights-from-the-ark-groundbreaking-service/

Thank you for that site of yours. It is now on my safari speed dial.
Re: Oyedepo Commissions Construction Of The Ark (pictures) by lastempero: 7:28am On Mar 26, 2021
Righteousness2:
Whatever is Done to advance and Propagate the Gospel of JESUS Christ is Not too much..

Stop deceiving yourself, na so jesus take advance his own.
Re: Oyedepo Commissions Construction Of The Ark (pictures) by Nodogragra4me(m): 7:32am On Mar 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The highlighted said "he (Jesus) GAVE HIS DISCIPLES POWER" that very day meaning that's not the work he expected them to do but PREACH and TEACH to make more disciples who will in turn do the same! Revelations 22:17

Covid19 is real o! get your miracle performing prophets to go out there and cure it after all they're more than JWs so how many Covid19 demons are out there that they can't squash within just one month? cheesy

I have mentioned you before that your so called house to house preaching doesn't have proof of support from heaven hence the smallness of your church.... Only a church where devil has a large stake celebrates mediocrity.

what you even gave as your evidence doesn't even relate to your argument here it is

"17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely." (KJPCE+, Rev 22:17)

say they made disciples not disciple..... Many

Why then has your church exited for generations or ages and still don't have any tangible influence in any nation of the earth?

God doesn't bless your opinion of his word...he watches his word to perform it

Look at the pictures from the event, did you see anyone with mask there?

Winners don't perform “miracle” they preach deliverance from ignorance
Re: Oyedepo Commissions Construction Of The Ark (pictures) by lastempero: 7:36am On Mar 26, 2021
Church members are dying of hunger and they are busy building mega buildings even when God doesn't dwell in them.
Re: Oyedepo Commissions Construction Of The Ark (pictures) by RedSquid: 7:40am On Mar 26, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

Ogombo!! Never ever! Not crossing LBS! cheesy

Oya na. LBS is fine

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Commissions Construction Of The Ark (pictures) by codemaniacs: 7:45am On Mar 26, 2021
Subsidybad21:

1. You need money to invest in infrastructure .Taxation comes in there

2.We are in debt because the price of oil is too low for a nation our size

Google breakeven oil price

3. True about France. But countries like Denmark and Finland also have similar high tax to gdp ratios and i don't recall them exploiting african countries

you're that tax to gdp guy ( Godarz PhiliptheArab ) are your other monikers..

the point is not just only taxation can give the money to invest... but you're focusing on taxation..
Re: Oyedepo Commissions Construction Of The Ark (pictures) by RedSquid: 7:45am On Mar 26, 2021
generationz:
So how do they intend to curtail holdup at that area with 156 thousand people coming and going at once? undecided

Make una enjoy church premises. I'll watch from my house.

Smh vigorously. You will watch from your house. Fear fear woman. I think day trucking business go Don make you strong. You no even get mind atall undecided
Re: Oyedepo Commissions Construction Of The Ark (pictures) by Jackmj(m): 7:46am On Mar 26, 2021
HigherEd:

So the church can start competing with her members that own businesses?

There are too many people who already have companies. Has your govt made it easy for them to run those businesses.
Let's start by asking govt to create conducive environment for business. Only then would companies thrive.
Oga keep quiet what's wrong with you.
Just listen to yourself. Competition is never a bad thing
Re: Oyedepo Commissions Construction Of The Ark (pictures) by RedSquid: 7:47am On Mar 26, 2021
Yankee101:
Let Muslims contribute like this and better themselves and stop putting eye on Christian assets, schools, development and growth

All the Christian states are more developed, better universities, secondary schools etc

Even Sanusi Lamido Sanusi went to a missionary school in Kaduna

I agree
Re: Oyedepo Commissions Construction Of The Ark (pictures) by Nodogragra4me(m): 7:50am On Mar 26, 2021
BLoomfrancs:

You don't need to have in-depth knowledge of how something works before you can venture into it. All you need is just the blueprint. Get the people with the know how and leave the work for them. The prince of UAE wanted to convert Dubai into a first rate mega city. He needed not to study town planning or estate management to make that happen.
All he did was get a team of people with the know how and let them do their thing.

As much as you see it, to me, building this Ark will only triple the problem people are facing. God who gave us brain is not stupid. Africans need a thorough reorientation to understand that all this praying, speaking in tongues, binding and casting,etc doesn't solve anything. The advancement of the world was made possible because the whites utilize their thinking faculties; that is something that will make God proud in heaven, seeing what his children are doing. Not this garbage holima sunda bra ku shuka rabata rabato sunde rababab kata sherima – blah blah blah grin

Africans should stop bothering God to help them. It is just like telling me to catch a fish for you when I have already taken you to the river, have taught you how to fish, have giving you fishing nets. I mean what do they want God to do? Send manner from heaven? C'mon! undecided angry

What I consider the proof of foolishness is when somebody begins to pontificate on another man mission and aissgment. Oyedepo doesn't have more man hour than any other person on earth including yourself and he has not acquired a tenth of the land mass of ogun state.

He didn't start out as the Oyedpo you are now trying to teach what to do... He started out as a nobody in ministry and through diligence attained the level... Go out and pursued your version of his dream... Stop telling another what you know... It is not a proof of sound reasoning but joblessnes

America and Europe are products of Christianity in different variants... America remind the capital of Pentecostalismand Europe, the orthodox branch...... That is where the birth if today's developed world came from...divine enablemnent....

Oyedepo is leading the CHRISTIAN community in Africa through that path and at any rate just know that whether you will continue to enjoy the liberty to come online and write nonsense is dependent on this country remaining a secular one and this man with this church and that of dunamis and salvation ministry has helped the Christian community with their strongest argument against Islamization agenda of the Muslim fanatics... You cannot give a sound argument to turn Nigeria into an Islamic Republic in any guise when it is home to the three largest churches on earth

Face you front.... Leave the man alone... Start what you believe in. Don't push it to Papa Oyedepo

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Commissions Construction Of The Ark (pictures) by Nobody: 7:52am On Mar 26, 2021
codemaniacs:

you're that tax to gdp guy ( Godarz PhiliptheArab ) are your other monikers..

the point is not just only taxation can give the money to invest... but you're focusing on taxation..

Because we have to be realistic.

Oil is not sufficient for our needs. Plus we don't control its price.

Also, our tax to gdp is very low. Ghana , SOuth Africa and even Niger have higher tax to gdp ratio than we do. At some point, we have to expand the tax base to everyone, not just some people paying for the rest.
Re: Oyedepo Commissions Construction Of The Ark (pictures) by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:16am On Mar 26, 2021
Nodogragra4me:

I have mentioned you before that your so called house to house preaching doesn't have proof of support from heaven hence the smallness of your church.... Only a church where devil has a large stake celebrates mediocrity.
what you even gave as your evidence doesn't even relate to your argument here it is
"17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely." (KJPCE+, Rev 22:17)
Thanks for your concern!
@ Revelations 20:17 Jesus himself revealed what the spirit KEEP ON SAYING so it's not about miracles as my friend suggested but making disciples {Matthew 4:19} who in turn are also making disciples as they continue to preach and teach! Matthew 28:19-20 smiley

say they made disciples not disciple..... Many
Why then has your church exited for generations or ages and still don't have any tangible influence in any nation of the earth?
I love this your question!
So i'll tell you what i saw, heard and believed.
As a soldier we were sent to make peace between two tribes fighting and killing one another, one day we caught sight of a young man hiding in the bushes so we tracked him down but to my surprise he's unharmed unlike all the other youths we've come across. So i asked him why are you without any weapons or don't you know you could get killed if youths of the other tribes finds you? but he was so scared that he couldn't utter a word. While i was trying to make him feel relax one of my boys got angry walked right to him and gave him a dirty slap on the face for not answering me, the young man fell face down then a copy of Awake magazine was found in his back pocket.
One of the boys picked up the magazine and asked him "are you one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES?" and to my surprise the young man spoke this time "YES!" the soldier laughed so hard and said "oga, this group is the most stupid religion i've ever known, with that magazine he feels safe even better than those with AK47" so i asked him "is that true? what can this paper do to save you" then i got the greatest shock of my life. He responded "i don't have any enemies amongst those people fighting, it's the devil that's using them, we grew together in the same neighbourhood so why must i pick up weapons to kill my childhood friends?" I was dumbfounded, then the other soldier said "oga, didn't i tell you they're the most stupid? THEY DON'T BELIEVE IN FIGHTING TALKLESS KILLING THOSE AFTER THEIR LIVES"
Ever since then i kept wondering, what type of faith is this? As a Muslim it's justified if i kill anyone after my life! undecided
That's why i began asking them questions whenever or wherever i find JWs until i was made to believe that i've found Jesus' true followers! Matthew 26:52 compare to Micah 4:3 smiley

God doesn't bless your opinion of his word...he watches his word to perform it
Look at the pictures from the event, did you see anyone with mask there?
Winners don't perform “miracle” they preach deliverance from ignorance
I didn't come here to condemn what the man (Oyedepo) is doing, it's the other guy who called my attention perhaps to know if Oyedepo's works are anything worth celebrating. That's why i voiced out otherwise the man is just doing his business!
Please i'll appreciate if can you chat without insults! smiley
Re: Oyedepo Commissions Construction Of The Ark (pictures) by Blackdisciple(m): 8:16am On Mar 26, 2021
Nice one.

At least people will get jobs to do from the foundation to when the facility will become fully functional .
Re: Oyedepo Commissions Construction Of The Ark (pictures) by MightySparrow: 8:18am On Mar 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

You means you make more disciples than LFC? You are only parochial in your thinking and organisation. Their present church of 50,000 has been holding programmes five times every Sunday for more than a decade not to talk of Nigeria. Your entire organisation cannot boast of their congregations in Nigeria alone. Your delusion is abysmal. grin grin grin

P.s. you have a way of defending spiritual laziness. Jesus gave commandment to go in twos heal, the sick, cleanse the leper.... You pick only preaching and claim the other is not important. I remember an argument with Janosky in which he claimed that the statement made by the man healed at the pool was not valid because he (a son of Abraham) was an unbeliever. Is Jesus now wrong whose commandment you claim you follow or the the disciples whose write up you take as secondary?
You people are not only myopic but dishonest.
Re: Oyedepo Commissions Construction Of The Ark (pictures) by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:23am On Mar 26, 2021
Covid19 is ravaging people's lives out there, so go and heal them after all you're also a Christian, aren't you? cheesy

MightySparrow:

You means you make more disciples than LFC? You are only parochial in your thinking and organisation. Their present church of 50,000 has been holding programmes five times every Sunday for more than a decade not to talk of Nigeria. Your entire organisation cannot boast of their congregations in Nigeria alone. Your delusion is abysmal. grin grin grin

P.s. you have a way of defending spiritual laziness. Jesus gave commandment to go in twos heal, the sick, cleanse the leper.... You pick only preaching and claim the other is not important. I remember an argument with Janosky in which he claimed that the statement made by the man healed at the pool was not valid because he (a son of Abraham) was an unbeliever. Is Jesus now wrong whose commandment you claim you follow or the the disciples whose write up you take as secondary?
You people are not only myopic but dishonest.

Re: Oyedepo Commissions Construction Of The Ark (pictures) by codemaniacs: 8:26am On Mar 26, 2021
Subsidybad21:

Because we have to be realistic.

Oil is not sufficient for our needs. Plus we don't control its price.

Also, our tax to gdp is very low. Ghana , SOuth Africa and even Niger have higher tax to gdp ratio than we do. At some point, we have to expand the tax base to everyone, not just some people paying for the rest.

you have to be realistic...

those countries you mentioned have smaller population than Nigeria... so most of our ratios will be low...

the tax to gdp in the SW, SS and SE are not low... so you have to be realistic not we.
Re: Oyedepo Commissions Construction Of The Ark (pictures) by MightySparrow: 8:36am On Mar 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Covid19 is ravaging people's lives out there, so go and heal them after all you're also a Christian, aren't you? cheesy

Have you been able to make everybody your disciple? So, leaving an aspect undone doesn't bring any reasonable argument. You are simply deluded in your conceit.

Most of boasting are not scriptural you just ported from Islamic confusion to JWs'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Prophet Joshua Iginla Married Stella Zimasa Ndamase, Pregnant With 2nd Child / Leke Adeboye Gets A Clean Shave In Honor Of His Brother, Dare / Lady Shares Her Experience As Churches Reopen In Lagos Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.