Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Now no one can Access Your Phone When You're Sleeping - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Now no one can Access Your Phone When You're Sleeping (600 Views)

Why Buy A New Phone When You Can Do This / Where Do You Keep Your Phone When You Sleep? / Swap Your Phone When Tired Of It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Now no one can Access Your Phone When You're Sleeping by Bestchild: 8:20pm On Mar 25, 2021
Ever been in a situation where someone unlocks your device while you are asleep because he/she knows you use a face scanner? Yes, we know that can be frustrating especially if you have confidential stuff on your mobile that you don't want anyone to see.

With the new Face Unlock 2.0, not only is the face unlock faster, it has a closed eye detection mechanism that detects when your eyes are closed, thereby preventing your device from being unlocked. This simply means no one can unlock your device while you are asleep or when your eyes are closed.

Cool right? That's not all!

Also, when you are in a dark room and you want to unlock your device, the screen light automatically illuminates a light on your face so the Face ID can be captured effectively.

So no more restrictions with the new Face Unlock 2.0 on HiOS!

To activate Face Unlock:
Settings>>>Security>>>Face Unlock

Source https://spot.tecno.com/global/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=119999&id=119999

Re: Now no one can Access Your Phone When You're Sleeping by Aeman(m): 10:23pm On Mar 25, 2021
Isoke!!
Re: Now no one can Access Your Phone When You're Sleeping by scarycuteface(m): 9:33pm On Mar 28, 2021
As it should be
Re: Now no one can Access Your Phone When You're Sleeping by Sunkanmiwise(m): 11:44pm On Mar 28, 2021
Thanks for this information, I will try it out on my Camon 15
Re: Now no one can Access Your Phone When You're Sleeping by SavageResponse(m): 12:16am On Mar 29, 2021
Who cares?

I prefer to just use a password to lock my phone
Re: Now no one can Access Your Phone When You're Sleeping by Emeka71(m): 1:55am On Mar 29, 2021
What many men do is to use thier wife finger to unlock when she is sleeping and the thing works well.

2 Likes

Re: Now no one can Access Your Phone When You're Sleeping by Kayconcept2(m): 7:26am On Mar 29, 2021
I mostly prefer my finger in unlocking my phone.
Re: Now no one can Access Your Phone When You're Sleeping by Elxandre(m): 11:50am On Mar 29, 2021
actually, face recognition is not secure with android phones. Don't think any of the android OEMs still uses infrared or 3d scanning since they all started to use a single camera sensor in the small cut out hole now.
A picture would likely unlock an android phone with face unlock.
Re: Now no one can Access Your Phone When You're Sleeping by hoilakes(m): 9:58am On Mar 31, 2021
this face recognition is cool, it saves a lot of stress

Its sensitivity on camon 16 is very cool grin

(1) (Reply)

Use Huawei Y6 Pro 3gb Ram 25k / Help With My infinix Phone Issue / Redmi Note Needed( ABUJA)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.