Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Who Will Be The Next Senate President? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will Be The Next Senate President? (2200 Views)

'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator / Yerima Tipped To Be The Next Senate Majority Leader / Next Senate President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Will Be The Next Senate President? by recoome(m): 9:23pm On Apr 15, 2011
Following the NASS elections results, the People's democratic party has secured the majority in the Nigerian senate and the next question now is;who becomes the next senate president? The current senate president, david mark(NC),who is the current president believes he should retain the position, but the current PDP zoning arrangement does not favour his zone, but the SW. Although the PDP lost major grounds in the SW, including the proposed SW senate president in person of senator bode olajumoke, who lost the ondo north senatorial seat to prof. Ajayi boroffice of the LP, the PDP managed to get the oyo north senatorial seat through Hosea ayoola agboola, but ayoola hosea is a new entrant and does not have the required experience to become the senate president. The PDP in ekiti is hereby sensitizing the Ekiti people on the need to vote PDP senators so as to give ekiti the chance to clinch the senate presidency, get two ministerial slots and two ambassadors which has never happened in the history of Nigeria. If the Ekiti people eventually buy this idea, Ayo arise is highly favoured for the senate presidency as he has the finesse required in legislative business. The SE is also hoping to clinch the senate presidency, if the zoning arrangement is reviewed to favour the SE for the post, the contenders would be Nkechi Nwaogu(Abia central/PDP)-Nkechi is a flambuoyant female senator who is the current chairman of the senate committee on financial institutions, she has sponsored so many bills and is very experienced, she may be the first female senate president if the PDP is really in tandem with GEJ's 'women participation', ike ekweremadu, the current deputy SP is also favoured for the position due to his experience in legislative business. But i think the PDP will rather keep the Senate presidency in the SW if it hopes to eventually recover in the SW as a senate president has a lot of influence in his home state. What do u think?
Re: Who Will Be The Next Senate President? by unipol(m): 9:25pm On Apr 15, 2011
ngige
Re: Who Will Be The Next Senate President? by gokuu(m): 8:46pm On Apr 17, 2011
Nkechi nwaogu
Re: Who Will Be The Next Senate President? by Nchara: 8:54pm On Apr 17, 2011
The SW is out of the calculation. They have reaffirmed that they do not care about national politics but tribal, sectionalpolitics. Why must they reap where they did not sow?
Re: Who Will Be The Next Senate President? by manuch(m): 9:20pm On Apr 17, 2011
ANDY UBA
Re: Who Will Be The Next Senate President? by kasiem(m): 10:42pm On Apr 17, 2011
Uche chukwumerije
Re: Who Will Be The Next Senate President? by dempeople(m): 10:55pm On Apr 17, 2011
^^^^^

I concur.
Re: Who Will Be The Next Senate President? by EzeUche2(m): 10:57pm On Apr 17, 2011
kasiem:

Uche chukwumerije

This man has been in politics for a very LONG time. Well my people in Abia North love him though.

He should be the next Senate President.

Re: Who Will Be The Next Senate President? by SEFAGO(m): 11:02pm On Apr 17, 2011
Ngige, Uche Chukwu-cannot pronounce the rest and Any Uba?? These are all mediocre people

Why do you guys love mediocrity??
Re: Who Will Be The Next Senate President? by Onlytruth(m): 11:10pm On Apr 17, 2011
Chukwumerije.

FULLSTOP. cool
Re: Who Will Be The Next Senate President? by jason123: 11:12pm On Apr 17, 2011
Some of you guys are really annoying me. Have you forgotten that there is NO ZONING? What sort of double talk is this? NO TO ZONING BUT YES TO MERIT!!! COME 2015 FASHOLA/AMECHI TICKET OR NO NIGERIA
Re: Who Will Be The Next Senate President? by Nchara: 11:19pm On Apr 17, 2011
This is not important now
Re: Who Will Be The Next Senate President? by Onlytruth(m): 11:20pm On Apr 17, 2011
Jason,

My friend sharrap dia osiso!

Who told you we were using zoning?

Who is more qualified than a senator from the zone which gave the president his highest number of votes in the election?

You want to come and reap again, after your people stayed home rather than vote Jonathan.
Keep dreaming.

And don't give me that your "Itshekiri" crrap. angry
Re: Who Will Be The Next Senate President? by opalu: 11:21pm On Apr 17, 2011
SARAKI OR DAVID MARK. IT STILL REMAINS IN THE MIDDLE-BELT REMEMBER?
Re: Who Will Be The Next Senate President? by Nchara: 11:22pm On Apr 17, 2011
jason123:

Some of you guys are really annoying me. Have you forgotten that there is NO ZONING? What sort of double talk is this? NO TO ZONING BUT YES TO MERIT!!! COME 2015 FASHOLA/AMECHI TICKET OR NO NIGERIA

SWners should count themselves lucky that GEJ is not as as vindictive as Obasanjo or Buhari. Otherwise, they will crawl on their knees for federal crumbs
Re: Who Will Be The Next Senate President? by Nchara: 11:23pm On Apr 17, 2011
opalu:

SARAKI OR DAVID MARK. IT STILL REMAINS IN THE MIDDLE-BELT REMEMBER?

It rather remains in the NC than going to selfish people who did not contribute in baking the bread.
Re: Who Will Be The Next Senate President? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Apr 17, 2011
Previous ibo senate presidents we've had in the past were crooks.eg okadigbo,wabara,pious Anyim.so why should chukwumerije be the next senate president ? He looks like a criminal to me !
Re: Who Will Be The Next Senate President? by jason123: 11:27pm On Apr 17, 2011
Onlytruth:

Jason,

My friend sharrap dia osiso!

Who told you we were using zoning?

Who is more qualified than a senator from the zone which gave the president his highest number of votes in the election?

You want to come and reap again, after your people stayed home rather than vote Jonathan.
Keep dreaming.

And don't give me that your "Itshekiri" crrap. angry

You are a real slowpoke. Are you still mentioning "zone"?? You see, me, I stand by the truth, and since we said NO to Zoning in the South, we should not expect anything to be zoned to or from US. You can insult me all you want but it does not change the truth. Speak the truth and the truth shall set you free. In fact, from the SE voting pattern, True Nigerians know who the Bigots are, since his name is Azikwe. Enough said.

Btw, who is "your people"? If you say the Yorubas are my people, then  YES, they are. So are the SSoutherners and the SEasterners. Have you,in your miserable life, met any Yoruba man called Jason?? ODE!!!

NO TO ZONING BUT YES TO MERIT!!! cool
Re: Who Will Be The Next Senate President? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Apr 17, 2011
EzeUche_:

This man has been in politics for a very LONG time. Well my people in Abia North love him though.

He should be the next Senate President.

Who wants a mafia for a senate president ? See what ibo has to offer,nawao
Re: Who Will Be The Next Senate President? by SEFAGO(m): 11:28pm On Apr 17, 2011
He looks like one and he is one

Look at his eyes Ole jati jati oshii
Re: Who Will Be The Next Senate President? by ektbear: 11:29pm On Apr 17, 2011
What does the zoning formula say? I know that zoning is supposedly dead, but what does it say about the top 6 slots?
Re: Who Will Be The Next Senate President? by Nchara: 11:31pm On Apr 17, 2011
Tinubu for Senate President tongue tongue tongue
Re: Who Will Be The Next Senate President? by jason123: 11:32pm On Apr 17, 2011
Nchara:

SWners should count themselves lucky that GEJ is not as as vindictive as Obasanjo or Buhari. Otherwise, they will crawl on their knees for federal crumbs
I am not campagning for any one or group. But we southern should learn to stick to our words. We collectively said No to zoning, now we are say yes to zoning C'mon, is this not the double talking you accused the yorubas of that you are also practicing??
The bible says, "speak the truth and it shall set you free". It also says,"remove the log from your own eyes before you remove that of your friend". You cannot say no to zoning and immediately say yes to zoning, stay in the path of truth for once. Also, you cannot accuse a group of tribalism/religious extremism and double talking when you are actually practicing the exact same thing!!! It is not done like that. It is not right!
Re: Who Will Be The Next Senate President? by Onlytruth(m): 11:34pm On Apr 17, 2011
Jason,

I will ask you again. Do you have a brain at all?
So, you can't fit the fact that zoning is dead with a SE senate president?

Zoning is dead. Period. That means that the president can decide to support ANY candidate for the post.

He cannot be faulted if he decides to reward a zone that helped elect him, while your zone was busy playing the usual hide and seek.

Borrow a brain please!  cool
Re: Who Will Be The Next Senate President? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Apr 17, 2011
Nchara:

Tinubu for Senate President tongue tongue tongue

Sometimes,you can act so stuppid.did tinubu contest for any election ? Fact is chukwumerije is a criminal;a follow follow politician.
Re: Who Will Be The Next Senate President? by Onlytruth(m): 11:36pm On Apr 17, 2011
As a matter of fact, if SE does not get the position, it could be that we never asked, afterall we have other more serious requests to make.
Re: Who Will Be The Next Senate President? by jason123: 11:38pm On Apr 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

What does the zoning formula say? I know that zoning is supposedly dead, but what does it say about the top 6 slots?

Does it have a formula?? It is a contraption coined by PDP to suppress Nigerians through tribalism. What the hell does Zoning mean If an Igbo man or an Isoko man or Kanuri man is better qualified for that position, why should we deny him because of Zoning?? C'mon, Nigerians elected their president, not to appease the elites through zoning but to appease the Nigerian populace.
Re: Who Will Be The Next Senate President? by jason123: 11:40pm On Apr 17, 2011
Onlytruth:

Jason,

I will ask you again. Do you have a brain at all?
So, you can't fit the fact that zoning is dead with a SE senate president?

Zoning is dead. Period. That means that the president can decide to support ANY candidate for the post.

He cannot be faulted if he decides to reward a zone that helped elect him, while your zone was busy playing the usual hide and seek.

Borrow a brain please!  cool

You are STILL daft! Are we now rewarding the zones that voted for the president?? If that was the case, then GEJ would not have won. In fact, GEJ knows better that to play partisan politics at this critical stage of Nigeria's history.
Re: Who Will Be The Next Senate President? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Apr 17, 2011
Onlytruth:

As a matter of fact, if SE does not get the position, it could be that we never asked, afterall we have other more serious requests to make.

I can't remember when Ibos were invited in a presidential jet to Abuja for negotiations afterall during the campaign,jonathan may have paid your elders off.so nothing for y'all cuz your votes just entered voice mail.
Re: Who Will Be The Next Senate President? by Nchara: 11:42pm On Apr 17, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Sometimes,you can act so stuppid.did tinubu contest for any election ? Fact is chukwumerije is a criminal;a follow follow politician.
~Bluetooth link=topic=647732.msg8150700#msg8150700 date=1303079708:

Blue teeth

Tinubu got a ride on presidential plane. He was looking for Senate presidency from GEJ and at the same time looking for VP-ship from Buhari. Tha man is a double dealer. He failed on both attempts.
Re: Who Will Be The Next Senate President? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Apr 17, 2011
Mschew !

Is that all you got ? Mai chara .
Re: Who Will Be The Next Senate President? by ektbear: 11:45pm On Apr 17, 2011
All in all, the crowing and triumphalism by Igbos is definitely premature. Let's wait and see how the next few weeks/months/years shake out.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Return Of Radio Biafra London(11870khz) An End To Nigeria ? / Is It True "My Oga At The Top" Has Been Sacked? / EXCLUSIVE: Jonathan Violates Nigerian Laws, Corners N3billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.