Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,330 members, 7,836,398 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Access Bank Receives Approvals In respect Of Its Proposed Acquisition Of Grobank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Bank Receives Approvals In respect Of Its Proposed Acquisition Of Grobank (449 Views)

Jack Dorsey Hails Elon Musk's Acquisition Of Twitter / Access Bank Acquires Grobank, South African Bank / Access Bank Acquisition Of Diamond Bank: Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Access Bank Receives Approvals In respect Of Its Proposed Acquisition Of Grobank by Cromartie: 11:37am On Mar 26, 2021
Access Bank Announces Receipt Of Regulatory Approvals In Respect Of Its Proposed Acquisition Of Grobank Limited

Lagos, Nigeria March 26, 2021 - Sequel to its earlier announcement on September 29, 2020, Access Bank Plc announces today that it has received the approvals of the South African and Nigerian regulatory authorities to its proposed acquisition of the South African-based Grobank Limited (Grobank).

These approvals constitute a significant milestone in the transaction which is expected to be completed in the second quarter of 2021 subject to completion of other conditions precedent.

Speaking on the development, Mr. Herbert Wigwe, the GMD/CEO of Access Bank, said:

Access Bank Announces Receipt Of Regulatory Approvals In Respect Of Its Proposed Acquisition Of Grobank Limited 

"Today's announcement represents significant progress in delivering on our strategic intent of becoming Africa's Gateway to the World in pursuit of our vision to be the World's Most Respected African Bank.

Our presence in South Africa will no doubt accelerate the attainment of our goal of delivering our More than Banking promise to 100 million unique customers across the continent. It will also build on our existing foundation and deliver enhanced value to our shareholders, employees and other stakeholders."

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2021/03/26/access-bank-announces-receipt-of-regulatory-approvals-in-respect-of-its-proposed-acquisition-of-grobank-limited/

Re: Access Bank Receives Approvals In respect Of Its Proposed Acquisition Of Grobank by ThreeEyedRaven: 11:44am On Mar 26, 2021
Mr. Herbert keeps swallowing other banks like a great whale cool
Re: Access Bank Receives Approvals In respect Of Its Proposed Acquisition Of Grobank by MajesticKris: 11:45am On Mar 26, 2021
Access Amaka!!
Re: Access Bank Receives Approvals In respect Of Its Proposed Acquisition Of Grobank by SmartPolician: 11:48am On Mar 26, 2021
Access Bank wants to acquire all the banks.
I just hope they have the wherewithal to manage this alarming expansion.
If growth is not properly managed, it can lead to a total collapse. Yes, that's what they teach in business school.
It takes a lot to run a successful banking institution in Nigeria.
So, congratulations to Access Bank.
Re: Access Bank Receives Approvals In respect Of Its Proposed Acquisition Of Grobank by Mokason288(m): 11:55am On Mar 26, 2021
Nice one

But I detest anything SouthAfrica
Re: Access Bank Receives Approvals In respect Of Its Proposed Acquisition Of Grobank by Lonewolf98: 6:38pm On Mar 26, 2021
Good for them..

HELLO NAIRALANDERS, I DESIGN BEAUTIFUL FLYERS FOR JUST 2000. PLEASE IM BROKE AND I NEED MOBEY BUT I CANT BEG. PLEASE PATRONIZE ME DONT LET ME DIE OF HUNGER

(1) (Reply)

Air Pod Business / Can I Take A Loan From Loan App To Boost My Business? I Need Advice! / How To Create Unlimited Gmail Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.