Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,358 members, 7,815,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years (3254 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Pastor And Wife Welcome Quadruplets After 19 Years Of Marriage (Photo) / Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by achorladey: 10:43pm On Apr 01, 2021
Janosky:

Bros, continue shake your head, LYING and DECEIVING yourself.

These screenshots were your posts at 8:34am, continue to shake your head, Mr LIENUS DECEIVING himself. grin

Who added the brackets? Simple question, Mr educated illiterate.

You have left dubious and contradictory to lying and deceiving.

E go better make you call Muri thunder and Malaika make una celebrate am. Oh my your educated literacy will go down the drain soon grin
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by Janosky: 10:50pm On Apr 01, 2021
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by Janosky: 10:55pm On Apr 01, 2021
achorladey:

The first line is why they will keep SHUNNING those that do not sin.
Bros , place that bracket sign ( ) where you put am before in your previous post grin.
A comma changes the meaning of a sentence,let alone parentheses ( ) or Bracket sign .
Just continue DECEIVING yourself.

Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by achorladey: 10:55pm On Apr 01, 2021
Janosky:

Bros , place that bracket sign ( ) where you put am before in your previous post grin cheesy
Just continue DECEIVING yourself.

Who added the brackets?

Those you call in your previous post will come and see this. You will see real meaning of DUBIOUS when they attend to it.

Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:31am On Apr 02, 2021
The highlighted reminds me of religionists picking up fights with other religionsts whose opinion doesn't rhyme with there own.
The Bible is for everyone my friend, you have your own PERSONAL opinion on issues just as many other religionsts do. So picking up arguments with others simply for the same reason is tantamount to INTOLERANCE!
JWs shun not outsiders but those who vowed and refused to live up to their vows not those who never made any vows with our God! smiley

KNOWMORE56:

Then you guys should stop dragging the Bible into mess...You encourage yourselves that the rapists are going to change during and after Armageddon.Why do you think other people you are shunning are not going to change?
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:35am On Apr 02, 2021
You see the problem now! smiley
Your Jesus differ from mine, what my own Jesus said is contrary to yours so stick to your Jesus while i stick to mine no wahala! smiley

KNOWMORE56:

[b][/b]"....SHUN those that goes contrary to our standard.."[b][/b]Your standards go against God standards in the sense that God wants you to shun anyone who is called a brother but he's a fornicator, a rob, a cheat, busybody, etc*. 1 Corinthians 5:11 "KJV:But now I have written unto you NOT TO KEEP COMPANY, IF ANY MAN THAT IS CALLED A BROTHER BE A FORNICATOR, or COVETOUS, or AN IDOLATOR, or A RAILER, or A DRUNKARD, or AN EXTORTIONER; with such an one no not to eat."No wonder your organization hardly talk about HOLINESS AND RIGHTEOUSNESS...You can see why I said t Word is in your hand and in your head but Watch tower is in your Heart...Your heart is very important...give your heart to Jesus!*. Proverbs 4:4 "KJV:He taught me also, and said unto me, LET THINE HEART RETAIN MY WORDS: keep my commandments, and live."*. Proverbs 4:23 "KJV:Keep THY HEART WITH ALL DILIGENCE; for out of it are the issues of life."Proverbs 23:26 "KJV: MY SON, GIVE ME THINE HEART, and let thine eyes observe my ways."JESUS is calling you saying MY SON, GIVE ME THINE HEART...
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by KNOWMORE56: 9:08pm On Apr 02, 2021
achorladey:

The first line is why they will keep SHUNNING those that do not sin.

You know them inside out. It's now I understand what you mean... lol
[/b]"SHUNNING those that do not sin."[b]

Probably some of these NL GB are enjoying this [i][/i] grin[/color] embarrassed those that sin but shun anyone who does not sin[color=#990000]

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by KNOWMORE56: 9:15pm On Apr 02, 2021
Janosky:

Bros, your claims are very DUBIOUS.

Can you please point out one of the points the Op raised that doesn't exist in the organization.

One of the points that caught my attention: [/b]"You don’t realise you’re in a cult until something in your head clicks..."[b]

At the beginning of 3rd paragraph
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by KNOWMORE56: 9:18pm On Apr 02, 2021
Janosky:

Bros, your claims are very DUBIOUS.

Can you please point out one of the points the Op raised that doesn't exist in the organization.

One of the points that caught my attention: [/b]"You don’t realise you’re in a cult until something in your head clicks..."[b]

[i][/i]
MaxInDHouse:
That's the spirit of deception nah! cheesy

Try to correlate the two statement and ask any intellectual if it's coming from the same spirit sincerely speaking!

"TRUST me, I can VOUCH for MANY of my JW friends to be more honest and moral than my non JW friends" ~ nnamdiosu

"But they (JW friends) can be moral and good by the day, but drink blood at night" ~ nnamdiosu

We can understand because a spirit spoke through Peter and Jesus commended him {Matthew 16:16-19} but after few minutes Jesus said something and ANOTHER spirit spoke through the same Peter! Matthew 16:21-2
So don't worry my guy JWs can understand what happened to our friend (nnamdiosu) smiley

How about the below found at the beginning of the 3rd paragraph:

[/b]"You don’t realise you’re in a cult until something in your head clicks,...."[b]
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by KNOWMORE56: 9:26pm On Apr 02, 2021
achorladey:

Who added the brackets?

Those you call in your previous post will come and see this. You will see real meaning of DUBIOUS when they attend to it.

Lol the game that guy always play is to quickly call others what they should have called him.

For instance, if he deceived himself he'll quickly tell the other person BE DECEIVING YOURSELF, etc

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:38pm On Apr 02, 2021
Majority following Jesus in the first century don't realise what they're into until something in their heads clicks! John 6:61-66 wink
Perhaps any layman could hear Jesus' statement and will not attribute what he was saying to Cultism!
No wonder most religionsts of his time concluded Jesus was the head of a cult therefore any group that truly belongs to him will also be labeled a cult group as well! Matthew 10:25 smiley

KNOWMORE56:
"You don’t realise you’re in a cult until something in your head clicks,...."
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by achorladey: 10:49pm On Apr 02, 2021
KNOWMORE56:

Lol the game that guy always play is to quickly call others what they should have called him.

For instance, if he deceived himself he'll quickly tell the other person BE DECEIVING YOURSELF, etc

I see it as his way of trying to console himself and bring tags, labels, qualifiers that are of no relevance to discussion and I don't think he knows perhaps unconscious to him he is learning how to DEMEAN people. He get those e take am resemble.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by achorladey: 10:52pm On Apr 02, 2021
KNOWMORE56:

You know them inside out. It's now I understand what you mean... lol
[/b]"SHUNNING those that do not sin."[b]

Probably some of these NL GB are enjoying this [i][/i] grin[/color] embarrassed those that sin but shun anyone who does not sin[color=#990000]

They revel in shunning those that do not sin. Yes GB NL branch do enjoy doing it alot.
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by joyandfaith: 7:14am On Apr 03, 2021
BigCabal:
In the beginning, it all seemed pretty normal. Not celebrating birthdays, not associating with people who weren’t Jehovah’s Witnesses (JW). I mean, I was born into it. Everyone we knew was a Witness, and we were discouraged from making friends with non-JWs. We were divine people and anyone who wasn’t one of us was regarded as the spawn of Satan. As a child, it all felt pretty normal. I felt quite special because everything we did was different. We were Jehovah’s people after all.

I loved being a Witness, but I disagreed with some of the doctrines, like the order not to celebrate birthdays. I wished I could celebrate my birthday with my friends, have food and drinks and be the centre of attention, but I never had that. I pegged it up to being persecuted for righteousness’ sake. JWs have a kink where they enjoy being punished for their faith. I was punished every single day in school for not singing the national anthem because we’re not allowed to. I wasn’t mad or upset about it. On Sunday, during field service, all my JW friends would brag to each other about how we stood up to our teachers, how we stayed faithful to Jehovah and never caved.

You don’t realise you’re in a cult until something in your head clicks, and it didn’t click in mine until I was a teenager. The congregation was anti-secular education. There were plenty of publications, articles and letters, talks at the Kingdom Hall discouraging people from going to school. Universities were painted as some kind of corrupt cesspool where members go to lose their faith. We were told about how when God’s Kingdom comes, you were not going to need your degree in medicine or psychology or whatever you wanted to study because God’s Kingdom would be a perfect world, so there was no reason to go to school. Many Nigerian schools, for some bizarre reason, request a reference letter from your place of worship or a civil servant as a condition for admission. My brother, who was the most devout member, needed that letter, but the organisation treated him like a criminal. They had several meetings and tried to discourage my father not to let him go.

Watching him get treated that way lit the fire of doubt inside me. There was no indication that he would go to school and lose his faith, so why should he be treated like that? On the outside, I was still quite the fanatic, but on the inside, my mind was awash with doubt. I thought: if this doctrine is suspect, what else are we being brainwashed with? Why were they scared of enlightenment? If people went to school and lost their faith, then wasn’t the problem the faith and not the school?

This crack of doubt spread when I recalled cases of sexual abuse against JW children. In all of those cases, the matters were covered up and the perpetrator unpunished, thanks to yet another questionable JW doctrine — matters between Jehovah’s Witnesses must always be settled in-house.

Members were not allowed to report crimes or issues between members to the police. When I was young, a devout member sexually abused a child. I remember how it was covered up. Nobody reported to the police. Another time, a man embezzled another Witness’ money in his company. It was a lot of money, but because they were both witnesses, it was never reported, and he never got his money back. I didn’t think much of all this then, but it began to make sense.

My experience with sexism in the organisation also fuelled my doubt. An elder told us that it was impossible for a woman to give a public talk. One time, a woman mentioned that she had attended a remote women-only congregation where the speaker was a woman, the elder was adamant: if there were no men, that congregation should not exist. Women could only speak while sitting and with their hair covered. I thought, “Women dedicate their entire lives to the organisation and get nothing in return, not even the right to speak?” It didn’t make sense to me, but we accepted it because it was a “directive from Jehovah”.

My doubt finally made me search for ex-JWs content on Google to read the experiences of people who had left the organisation. There was this video of a woman who organised a flash mob in a Kingdom Hall in the United States to protest the cover-up of her rape as a child. It hit me. I couldn’t believe the organisation that nurtured me was capable of such evil. I did more digging and found more people who had been treated so poorly by the organisation. I never dug too deep because I always felt guilty reading on the experiences of ex-JW members, I had to do it secretly and even clear my browser history because I didn’t want my parents finding that on my phone.

I got into university in 2016. When I resumed, I discovered that there was a JW congregation in the university. I began to wonder why we were discouraged from going to school when there was a university JW community. Suddenly, it clicked. We were taught from a young age not to question anything. Whatever happens, Jehovah is the answer. If it’s bad, Jehovah let it happen to teach us a lesson. I recollected all the times the organisation covered up scary crimes. For the first time, I was not under the protection of my family, and when I started interacting with other JWs by myself, I started to see how toxic it all really was — the politics, gossip, shaming, misogyny — it just didn’t feel right.

But I still stayed. I had no choice. I was young and dependent on my parents.

All those little things built up incrementally. My classes clashed with meeting times, and I started going from attending meetings regularly to going once or twice a week to once a month. I was treated like scum for missing those meetings. It felt like I was trying to leave a controlling person who was trying so hard to hold on to me. I got calls and messages disguised as feigned concern for me. It was wrapped in, “We’re calling because we love you and care about you,” but I could always feel the passive aggression. I felt even less connected to them and stopped attending meetings completely.

It is rare for someone to actually leave the congregation. In my 18 years in the organisation, I only saw one person denounce the faith and all its doctrine.

Continue: https://www.zikoko.com/life/why-i-stopped-being-a-jehovahs-witness-after-19-years/

Point of correction
1. Women can teach and pray in only female congregation.
2. There is no rule that say don't send your children to universities. University education is allowed.
3. All criminal cases should be reported. Elders would even inform the victims that they can take legal action if they wish.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:32am On Apr 03, 2021
Let them continue deceiving themselves, i almost had a quarrel with my wife last December when she was telling our second son that the young man is not ripe for marriage because his senior brother hasn't gotten married.
She told the young he can't marry until his 25, her plan was to see Akin (her step son) marry first before her own biological son.
Akinwale (son i got out of wedlock) and Fernando had just two years difference but if you're not told you will think they are twins. Akin believe in high paid jobs while Fernando is a die-hard jw, both got baptized even before me because after i knew that JWs have the truth i allowed them to study with my children but i keep running away from studying.
Now Akin (26) still studying for his master degree hear in Nigeria while Fernando has become a big time farmer in Brazil.
Fernando is set to marry a Brazilian while Akin is still battling with his master degree. The two relationships Akin has been into had complaints (he doesn't have his own time) he's always at work since he's on part-time so he works with my friend's firm who promised to promote him after his master degree. So he hardly spend time with people and you know what that could mean for a young female JW searching for a future partner.
Fernando on the other hand had all the time he needed for meetings, field ministry, social gathering with fellow JWs and time for his own personal study. Now Brazilian girls are after my son to hook him up while the mother is saying he must be at least 25 before talking about marriage. Mario (friend who took Fernando to Brazil and trained him for farming Business) is now telling me that the girl my son is about to marry is the daughter of one wealthy brother in Brazil! Fernando sends lots of things home but what about Akin? Well even what i have Akin will collect to support his ever increasing needs.
So between the two who is doing better?
Is it Akin who has had two failed relationships due to his always working working with little or no time for other important things or Fernando whose pictures i've posted several times here on Nairaland with Brazilian brothers. I have posted the pictures of Brazilians which my son congragater with. Trivina (my wife) thought by 2022 when Fernando will be 25 Akin would have settled down, she just want her step son to marry first.
If someone is now arguing because JW Organization advices youths to go for their own business not studying for high paid jobs there is wisdom in such advice.

A research revealed that 80% of suiciders often come from frustrated graduates who were disappointed to find out they've been dreaming after all their master degree they'll end up in church praying for jobs while those who go for their handwork or businesses are already doing fine, they'll have there own time while master degree holders will remain slaves to business owners and that is if they are able to get a good job! undecided

joyandfaith:

Point of correction
1. Women can teach and pray in only female congregation.
2. There is no rule that say don't send your children to universities. University education is allowed.
3. All criminal cases should be reported. Elders would even inform the victims that they can take legal action if they wish.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by Janosky: 1:34pm On Apr 03, 2021
achorladey:

They revel in shunning those that do not sin. Yes GB NL branch do enjoy doing it alot.
Achorladey were you excommunicated from Jehovah's organization & did not sin?

2 Thessalonians 3:6 and Hebrews 12:5-7 is missing in your Bible?

2 Thess 3:6
"Now we command you, believers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and by His authority, that you withdraw and keep away from every brother or sister who leads an undisciplined life and does not live in accordance with the tradition and teaching that you have received from us."
2 Thess 3:6 , Bros, your Bible says Jesus commanded shunning, Achorladey , Emusan & KNOWMORE56 says Jesus is in a cult, shunning is hatred"
These individuals go tell you say them know Jesus grin grin grin grin

Hebrew 12:5-7
"5And you have entirely forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons: “My son, do not belittle the discipline from Jehovah,* nor give up when you are corrected by him; 6 for those whom Jehovah* loves he disciplines, in fact, he scourges* everyone whom he receives as a son.”+
7 You need to endure as part of your discipline.* God is treating you as sons.+ For what son is not disciplined by his father?"

Bros, continue LYING & DECEIVING yourself
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by Janosky: 1:37pm On Apr 03, 2021
V8
KNOWMORE56:

[i][/i]

How about the below found at the beginning of the 3rd paragraph:

[/b]"You don’t realise you’re in a cult until something in your head clicks,...."[b]

According to your bolded, did respondents on zikoko post attest to the OP's DUBIOUS claims?
The evidence is here.
Bros, continue to swallow GIBBERISH

grin cheesy

Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by Janosky: 2:28pm On Apr 03, 2021
KNOWMORE56:

Thanks be to God for your freedom.
They carry fake smile up and down to deceive people....

They won't shun child rapists but will shun the person who demand for justice

Bros your claim is spurious & DUBIOUS.
The Screenshots are proofs.

I challenge you to prove to this forum that your Churchpreneurs protect minors & expose child rapists as the Screenshots confirm the proofs that you are LYING.

Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by KNOWMORE56: 2:44pm On Apr 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Majority following Jesus in the first century don't realise what they're into until something in their heads clicks! John 6:61-66 wink
Perhaps any layman could hear Jesus' statement and will not attribute what he was saying to Cultism!
No wonder most religionsts of his time concluded Jesus was the head of a cult therefore any group that truly belongs to him will also be labeled a cult group as well! Matthew 10:25 smiley

".[/b]..Jesus in the first century...."[b]
Which Jesus are you talking about? The one found in the Word and revealed to the whole world or the one hiding in the watch tower reveal only to the 8 men?

The one in the Word said to His disciples 'don't hate those who are not among us'

While the one hiding in Watch tower is saying that whoever is not a JW is an enemy.

*. Mark 9:38 "KJV:And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and WE FORBAD HIM, BECAUSE HE FOLLOWETH NOT US.
KJV: BUT JESUS SAID, FORBID HIM NOT: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me."

note: the only sin of the man is BECAUSE HE FOLLOWETH NOT US.

The man was able to cast out devil in the name of Jesus ( mark 9:38), which themselves were not able to do (Matthew 17:19)...

Yet they are the ones who are finding fault... not that he committed any known sin but BECAUSE HE FOLLOWETH NOT US.

Max, come out of this organization for your good... no talk sey I no tell you o!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:36pm On Apr 03, 2021
So the only problem you're having with JWs is because we separated ourselves from the rest of you shey? Revelations 18:4 cheesy
Why not try to be consistent with that instead of arguing blindly on scriptures that you can't even substantiate with efficacy? smiley

For your information, the Apostles were jealous of the disciple who is not following them PHYSICALLY but SPIRITUALLY speaking is with them, because that disciple will PREACH and TEACH exactly what Jesus taught which the Apostles also PREACHED and go about TEACHING. That's what Jesus meant by saying the man is with them not against them!

Our preaching and teaching totally contradicts yours, we teach that God's kingdom is coming here {Matthew 6:10} you people are saying God will destroy the earth. Psalms 24:1-2, 104:5; Ecclesiastes 1:4
We teach that immortality is a gift only for the good {Romans 6:23} but you people are saying evildoers will also exist forever (under excruciating pains) for sins they committed within less than 100 years. Jeremiah 7:31, 19:5
We teach that Christians must not carry weapons for any reason whatsoever {Matthew 26:52} but you people believe in settling issues with killing of your enemies! Matthew 5:43-48
We teach that Christians must visit their neighbours to know about their wellbeing and if possible share the message of hope {Matthew 10:11-13} while you people only stand in the corner of the streets and buses disturbing pedestrians with you noise and cursing them that they will be tormented in HellFire for not believing what you believe! Matthew 12:19
We teach that marriage should be between two persons having the same line of thought (belief) {1Corinthians 7:39} you people can marry anything thinking you will change them! Proverbs 3:5-6
We teach that Christians ought to relate as brothers and sisters globally {John 13:34-35} but you people only relate with people you can see even when a person attends the same Church once you're far away there is nothing like love again you can kill your so called brethren in the face of politics and racism! Revelations 6:3-4
We teach that people ought to remain obedient to the authorities {Romans 13:1-2} you people organise protests against the government!

So in what way are you people with us? smiley

KNOWMORE56:

Which Jesus are you talking about? The one found in the Word and revealed to the whole world or the one hiding in the watch tower reveal only to the 8 men?The one in the Word said to His disciples 'don't hate those who are not among us'While the one hiding in Watch tower is saying that whoever is not a JW is an enemy.
*. Mark 9:38 "KJV:And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and WE FORBAD HIM, BECAUSE HE FOLLOWETH NOT US.39KJV: BUT JESUS SAID, FORBID HIM NOT: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me."
note: the only sin of the man is BECAUSE HE FOLLOWETH NOT US.The man was able to cast out devil in the name of Jesus ( mark 9:38), which themselves were not able to do (Matthew 17:19)...Yet they are the ones who are finding fault... not that he committed any known sin but BECAUSE HE FOLLOWETH NOT US.Max, come out of this organization for your good... no talk sey I no tell you o!
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by KNOWMORE56: 3:56pm On Apr 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
So the only problem you're having with JWs is because we separated ourselves from the rest of you shey? Revelations 18:4 cheesy
Why not try to be consistent with that instead of arguing blindly on scriptures that you can't even substantiate with efficacy? smiley

For your information, the Apostles were jealous of the disciple who is not following them PHYSICALLY but SPIRITUALLY speaking is with them, because that disciple will PREACH and TEACH exactly what Jesus taught which the Apostles also PREACHED and go about TEACHING. That's what Jesus meant by saying the man is with them not against them!

Our preaching and teaching totally contradicts yours, we teach that God's kingdom is coming here {Matthew 6:10} you people are saying God will destroy the earth. Psalms 24:1-2, 104:5; Ecclesiastes 1:4
We teach that immortality is a gift only for the good {Romans 6:23} but you people are saying evildoers will also exist forever (under excruciating pains) for sins they committed within less than 100 years. Jeremiah 7:31, 19:5
We teach that Christians must not carry weapons for any reason whatsoever {Matthew 26:52} but you people believe in settling issues with killing of your enemies! Matthew 5:43-48
We teach that Christians must visit their neighbours to know about their wellbeing and if possible share the message of hope {Matthew 10:11-13} while you people only stand in the corner of the streets and buses disturbing pedestrians with you noise and cursing them that they will be tormented in HellFire for not believing what you believe! Matthew 12:19
We teach that marriage should be between two persons having the same line of thought (belief) {1Corinthians 7:39} you people can marry anything thinking you will change them! Proverbs 3:5-6
We teach that Christians ought to relate as brothers and sisters globally {John 13:34-35} but you people only relate with people you can see even when a person attends the same Church once you're far away there is nothing like love again you can kill your so called brethren in the face of politics and racism! Revelations 6:3-4
We teach that people ought to remain obedient to the authorities {Romans 13:1-2} you people organise protests against the government!
So in what way are you people with us? smiley

You don come again o,
You quote the word correctly (i.e the Bible in your head) but interpretation and application is very very wrong...

Example: shunning is in the Bible, it shows what and who to shun...
You then pick up the word SHUN and choose what and who to shun:

The Word says we should shun fornicators, adulterers, drunken men/women but

you say no any person who is demanding for justice for his daughter who was rape should be shunned and those who leave the organization...

Check the Word below:

*. 1 Corinthians 5: 11"
KJV:But now I have written unto you NOT TO KEEP COMPANY, IF ANY MAN THAT IS CALLED A BROTHER BE A FORNICATOR, or COVETOUS, or an IDOLATOR, or a RAILER, or a DRUNKARD, or an EXTORTIONER; with such an one no not to eat."

now you can see what I mean.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by achorladey: 3:57pm On Apr 03, 2021
Janosky:

2 Thessalonians 3:6 and Hebrews 12:5-7 is missing in your Bible?

2 Thess 3:6
"Now we command you, believers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and by His authority, that you withdraw and keep away from every brother or sister who leads an undisciplined life and does not live in accordance with the tradition and teaching that you have received from us."
2 Thess 3:6 , Bros, your Bible says Jesus commanded shunning, Achorladey , Emusan & KNOWMORE56 says Jesus is in a cult, shunning is hatred"
These individuals go tell you say them know Jesus grin grin grin grin

"5And you have entirely forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons: “My son, do not belittle the discipline from Jehovah,* nor give up when you are corrected by him; 6 for those whom Jehovah* loves he disciplines, in fact, he scourges* everyone whom he receives as a son.”+
7 You need to endure as part of your discipline.* God is treating you as sons.+ For what son is not disciplined by his father?"

The question was DUBIOUS and CONTRADICTORY. You remember?

Just dey quote 2 Thessalonians 3:6 as if na verse 6 that verse take end cheesy cheesy.

You keep shouting we are Jehovah's servant, we are Jehovah's servant. You cannot even sit quietly and study how your Jehovah dealt with nations of Israel over the years despite sinning repeatedly as a case study.

Oh my and another person got the question right without explanation. You should do better Mr educated literate cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by achorladey: 4:01pm On Apr 03, 2021
KNOWMORE56:

You don come again o,
You quote the word correctly (i.e the Bible in your head) but interpretation and application is very very wrong...

Example: shunning is in the Bible, it shows what and who to shun...
You then pick up the word SHUN and choose what and who to shun:

The Word says we should shun fornicators, adulterers, drunken men/women but

you say no any person who is demanding for justice for his daughter who was rape should be shunned and those who leave the organization...

Check the Word below:

KJV:But now I have written unto you NOT TO KEEP COMPANY, IF ANY MAN THAT IS CALLED A BROTHER BE A FORNICATOR, or COVETOUS, or an IDOLATOR, or a RAILER, or a DRUNKARD, or an EXTORTIONER; with such an one no not to eat."

now you can see what I mean.

In summary if you don't follow our standard we will SHUN YOU.

Well what do I know, one said the question is dubious and contradictory because he is an educated literate. Me I just dey see and watch him level of literacy.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by achorladey: 4:05pm On Apr 03, 2021
KNOWMORE56:

Which Jesus are you talking about? The one found in the Word and revealed to the whole world or the one hiding in the watch tower reveal only to the 8 men?

The one in the Word said to His disciples 'don't hate those who are not among us'

While the one hiding in Watch tower is saying that whoever is not a JW is an enemy.

*. Mark 9:38 "KJV:And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and WE FORBAD HIM, BECAUSE HE FOLLOWETH NOT US.
KJV: BUT JESUS SAID, FORBID HIM NOT: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me."

note: the only sin of the man is BECAUSE HE FOLLOWETH NOT US.

The man was able to cast out devil in the name of Jesus ( mark 9:38), which themselves were not able to do (Matthew 17:19)...

Yet they are the ones who are finding fault... not that he committed any known sin but BECAUSE HE FOLLOWETH NOT US.

Max, come out of this organization for your good... no talk sey I no tell you o!

Nice usage of Mark 9 and Matthew 17 account.

He will comeback and tell you then that Jesus had not established the Christian congregation. That now the only christian congregation that Jesus support is the one that changed from weeds to wheat in 1914-1919 down to 1935 grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by Emusan(m): 4:22pm On Apr 03, 2021
Janosky:

The funny thing is, the deluded JWs is using a verse where it was boldly written that those God loves He disciplined and HE(JEHOVAH) scourges EVERYONE WHOM HE RECEIVES AS A SON and vs7 says God is TREATING YOU AS SONS!

Ask the deluded JWs, are you a son of God or not?

Watch him as he'll go into silence mode.

Keep deceiving yourself Mr JaNosense the lying liar JWs like your father the devil

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by achorladey: 4:29pm On Apr 03, 2021
Emusan:

The funny thing is, the deluded JWs is using a verse where it was boldly written that those God loves He disciplined and HE(JEHOVAH) scourges EVERYONE WHOM HE RECEIVES AS A SON and vs7 says God is TREATING YOU AS SONS!

Keep deceiving yourself Mr JaNosense the lying liar JWs like your father the devil

Na only 144,000 be sons of God all other great crowd of other sheep are TENANTS.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:30pm On Apr 03, 2021
My friend, i'm not interested in fruitless argument you're trying to raise here, if you know that what we believe totally contradicts yours , then in what way are we (JWs) and you people of the same FAITH? undecided
You can see that we have our own faith and you people have yours, we will never agree with you neither will you agree with us so go ahead with your faith after all the OP has declared he's no more one of JWs {John 6:66} that doesn't mean all other JWs will follow him nah! John 6:67-69
So continue with your faith we'll continue with our own, people do leave one religion for another for reasons best known to them! smiley

KNOWMORE56:

You don come again o,
You quote the word correctly (i.e the Bible in your head) but interpretation and application is very very wrong...Example: shunning is in the Bible, it shows what and who to shun...
You then pick up the word SHUN and choose what and who to shun:The Word says we should shun fornicators, adulterers, drunken men/women but you say no any person who is demanding for justice for his daughter who was rape should be shunned and those who leave the organization...Check the Word below:
KJV:But now I have written unto you NOT TO KEEP COMPANY, IF ANY MAN THAT IS CALLED A BROTHER BE A FORNICATOR, or COVETOUS, or an IDOLATOR, or a RAILER, or a DRUNKARD, or an EXTORTIONER; with such an one no not to eat."now you can see what I mean.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by Emusan(m): 4:39pm On Apr 03, 2021
achorladey:

Na only 144,000 be sons of God all other great crowd of other sheep are TENANTS.

Which means that particular verse is meant for the discipline of the 144,000 not ALL JWS not to even talk about ex-JWs who are considered enemies of Jehovah.

Now imagine using that verse as a support for SHUNNING is what the educated literate man can come up with.

Very pathetic!
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by achorladey: 4:53pm On Apr 03, 2021
Emusan:

Which means that particular verse is meant for the discipline of the 144,000 not ALL JWS not to even talk about ex-JWs who are considered enemies of Jehovah.

Now imagine using that verse as a support for SHUNNING is what the educated literate man can come up with.

Very pathetic!

Wetin we go do than allow the educated literate to type whatever is in his brain and mind.

After all even their Jehovah make it sunshine and rain on his sons and enemies.

Like Max said if you don't follow our standard we will shun you.

I believe they know where their standard is coming from.
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:18pm On Apr 03, 2021
We will never shun anyone who didn't make any vows no matter what whether you're a fornicator, adulterer, smoker, drunkard, gay or any other bad habits. We must love our neighbours as ourselves. But those who makes vows before God and man and decided to decline such vow WE WILL SHUN! Numbers 30:2 wink

achorladey:

Wetin we go do than allow the educated literate to type whatever is in his brain and mind.
Like Max said [s]if you don't follow our standard we will shun you[/s] if you vow to do something and later refuse to fulfil your vow, WE WILL SHUN YOU!
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by Janosky: 8:50pm On Apr 03, 2021
Emusan:

Luke 3:38
"son of Enosh, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God"

Genesis 3:22-24, Jehovah disciplined Adam and drove him out of the Garden of Eden
Mr LIENUS, according to your Bible, is Adam the son of God?
Emusan mumu, deluded LIENUS like him friends,birds of a feather
grin grin grin grin
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by Janosky: 8:59pm On Apr 03, 2021
achorladey:

Like Max said if you don't follow our standard we will shun you.

Your own Bible,2 Thess 3:6 says Jesus Christ gave them the command to shunning unrepentant ones.
Bros , you still have to post GIBBERISH
grin cheesy
achorladey:

Emusan:

Very pathetic!

Bros, You and your friends despise the holy Scriptures , una no even dey shame sef dey do am korokoro.
Kai !!!!! shocked shocked shocked

Achorladey,Emusan & KNOWMORE56,
is Luke 3:38 missing in your Bibles.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why I Took 65-year Old Wife, By Kumuyi / If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? / Even If God Exist, It Can’t Be The Christian God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.