Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years (3262 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Pastor And Wife Welcome Quadruplets After 19 Years Of Marriage (Photo) / Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:51am On Mar 31, 2021
Our people have returned from the market earlier today o! shocked
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by achorladey: 10:57am On Mar 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Our people have returned from the market earlier today o! shocked

That one just want to argue no point in his head that's why i ignored him to continue arguing with himself!

Oga wey dey ignore grin cheesy
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by nnamdiosu(m): 1:54pm On Mar 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
This is what shows how hypocritical those speaking against the Organization are and the lying spirit in them! John 3:19
So individually you enjoy the company of JWs but you heard that the group is a cult group shey? cheesy Matthew 5:11-12
That's exactly what happened to Pharisees and Sadducees in the first century, this people want Jesus who is a lifely person as a friend so they keep inviting him to come and have dinner with them {Luke 7:36-37, 14:1} but his teachings they detests.
So judge for yourself if you've always enjoyed the company of JWs (individually speaking) but having serious issues with our teachings! Matthew 10:22-25
God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

Do calm down. You seems so eagar to prove JE isn't a cult or is acceptable. It's not an issue of hyprotical. Listen.

When I say I enjoy the company of my JW friends , IT DOESNT MEAN I ACCEPT OR THINK THE JW DOCTRINES ARE BETTER OR MORALLY RIGHT ITSELF.

my non JW friends may not be morally as right as them, but they are human and understanding.

1. They don't forbid blood transfusion that was created to save life's

2. They don't claim only them will go to heaven.

3. They don't forbid birthdays. Those who aren't Christian's even wish me happy birthday.

4. They don't restrict marriage to their sect only and cast out those who decide otherwise.
And many more other weird things.

So don't get it twisted.
A cult can have morally good guys by day that don't take alcohol in the day, but drink blood at night. (Just saying)

Please let's stop derailing this thread. Wish you the very best bro
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by Janosky: 1:55pm On Mar 31, 2021
achorladey:

When you call others RELIGIONISTS you revel and smile from cheek to cheek.

When they apply the word CULT to your group, it agitates you so much you will start making numerous comparison in order to look good. People also enjoy company with Muslims, Atheist even traditional worshippers e.t.c and still don't take the fact that those people are Atheist or Muslims or traditionalist

Go and look up what characteristics CULTS have and see how it applies to your group.

1. Opposing critical thinking

2. Isolating members and penalizing them for leaving

3. Emphasizing special doctrines outside scripture

4. Seeking inappropriate loyalty to their leaders

5. Dishonoring the family unit

6. Crossing Biblical boundaries of behavior (versus sexual purity and personal ownership)

7. Separation from the Church

8. Another key aspect of thought control involves training members to block out any information which is critical of the group.

9. A person’s typical defense mechanisms are twisted so they defend the person’s new [religious] identity against his old former identity.

10. The first line of defense includes denial (“What you say isn’t happening at all”),

11. rationalization (“This is happening for a good
reason”),

12. justification (“This is happening because it ought tobe”),

13. and wishful thinking (“I’d like it [the belief] to be true so maybe it really is”).

14 . . . If information transmitted . . . is perceived as an attack on either the leader, the doctrine or the group, a hostile wall goes up.

15. Members are trained to disbelieve any criticism. . . . .

16. Loyalty and devotion are the most highly respected emotions of all. . . .

17. People are not allowed to talk to each other about anything critical of the leader, doctrine, or organization.

18. Members must spy on one another and report improper activities or comments to leaders.

19. Most importantly, people are told to avoid contact with ex-members or critics.
Your no1-no19 GIBBERISH failed the critical thinking process expoused by the holy Scriptures.

* Proverbs 14:15
The simple believes everything, but the prudent gives thought to his steps.

* 2 Timothy 2:7
Think over what I say, for the Lord will give you understanding in everything.

* 1 Thessalonians 5:21
But test everything; hold fast what is good

Your FALSE claims have ZERO connection to Jehovah's Servants or the worship of Jehovah the only true God.

Proverbs 9:10
" The fear of Jehovah is the beginning of wisdom"

1 Corinthians 1:20,25
"Where is the wise man?.... Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?"

"For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom"

Bros, your own Bible says you are not wise.
Please continue WAILING and DECEIVING yourself

grin grin grin
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:23pm On Mar 31, 2021
We are saying the same thing my friend!

Without his teachings the Pharisees love Jesus torítorùn just as you would rate your JW friends above all others but it's just the highlighted that's the bone of contention, shey?

Guy i understood you like my hand, pounded yan and my mouth, those three are great friends and they understood one another Wella Wella! smiley

nnamdiosu:

Do calm down. You seems so eagar to prove JE isn't a cult or is acceptable. It's not an issue of hyprotical. Listen.
When I say I enjoy the company of my JW friends , IT DOESNT MEAN I ACCEPT OR THINK THE JW DOCTRINES ARE BETTER OR MORALLY RIGHT ITSELF.
my non JW friends may not be morally as right as them, but they are human and understanding.
3. They don't forbid birthdays. Those who aren't Christian's even wish me happy birthday.
4. They don't restrict marriage to their sect only and cast out those who decide otherwise.

So don't get it twisted.
A cult can have morally good guys by day that don't take alcohol in the day, but drink blood at night. (Just saying)

The underlined reminds me of a young first century Jewish carpenter in whose company the Pharisees love being yet they're saying "he must be the head of a cult" those who use to drink blood at night (just saying) Matthew 10:25 smiley

3 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by Janosky: 2:50pm On Mar 31, 2021
nnamdiosu:

So don't get it twisted.

1. Blood transfusion kills lives too, according to medical research (Screenshot).
Is a patient who receives Intravenous fluids transfusion,feeding?
Genesis 9:4-5, blood is sacred to God.
Obedience to Jehovah the Source of life @ Acts15:28-29. Acts5:29 is more important to Jehovah's servants,than anything else.
(Monkey no fine, him Papa like am).
Faith in Jehovah's promise of resurrection,is the backbone of Jesus and Abraham's obedience to God.
( Compare Isaiah 25:8 & Hebrews 11:17-19, Hebrews 5:7-cool.

Obedience to God is not always a rosy affair.
Is Revelation 2:10, Hebrews 5:7-8 and Hebrews 11:17-19 missing in your Bible?

2. Matthew 5:3,5. 2Peter3:13 Did Jesus & Peter he taught, teach you everyone will go to heaven?

Jesus did not do annual feasts to celebrate his birth. No Servant of Jehovah did so in Old testament or new testament.
Obedience to 1Corinthians 11:1,Galatians 4:8-11 & Acts5:29 paramount to those who bear Jehovah's name.

1 John 5:3 if you love Jehovah,obey 1 Cor 7:39.
Why did king Solomon go astray from Jehovah's worship?
JWs do not cast out anyone who disobey 1 Cor7:39, but they will face discipline.
Those who reject Jehovah's discipline,na them decide to stop worshipping Jehovah.

Matthew 10:32-39, did Jesus tell you family ties is more important than Jehovah's worship?

You guys who label JWs as cult are subtly making the spurious claim that Jesus Christ is a cult leader.
When your Bible's teaching sounds "weird" to you, Bros examine yourself thoroughly.

Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:18pm On Mar 31, 2021
Is there anyone as ANYONE who truly wants to know the PRACTICAL BENEFITS of SHUNNING as God's word commaded Christians to do towards certain individuals?
I know most of you are scared of knowing cos Maximus will bring out facts that none of you can refute {Isaiah 54:17} so i'm waiting for any of you who truly want to know! smiley
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by achorladey: 5:55pm On Mar 31, 2021
Janosky:

Your no1-no19 GIBBERISH failed the critical thinking process expoused by the holy Scriptures.

* Proverbs 14:15
The simple believes everything, but the prudent gives thought to his steps.

* 2 Timothy 2:7
Think over what I say, for the Lord will give you understanding in everything.

* 1 Thessalonians 5:21
But test everything; hold fast what is good

Your FALSE claims have ZERO connection to Jehovah's Servants or the worship of Jehovah the only true God.

Proverbs 9:10
" The fear of Jehovah is the beginning of wisdom"

1 Corinthians 1:20,25
"Where is the wise man?.... Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?"

"For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom"

Bros, your own Bible says you are not wise.
Please continue WAILING and DECEIVING yourself

grin grin grin

That's the kind of response I expect when I know every nineteen point itemized your organization ticked all grin cheesy
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by achorladey: 5:58pm On Mar 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Is there anyone as ANYONE who truly wants to know the PRACTICAL BENEFITS of SHUNNING as God's word commaded Christians to do towards certain individuals?
I know most of you are scared of knowing cos Maximus will bring out facts that none of you can refute {Isaiah 54:17} so i'm waiting for any of you who truly want to know! smiley

You were so scared that you said you were afraid of commenting on the other thread about the same issue
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:16pm On Mar 31, 2021
What are you willing to know whether the SHUNNING issue or any other point from the OP?
Note that we can only take two at a goal, and for the first time please! please!! please!!!
This is not about sarcasm but issue requesting urgent need so let's chat like question and answer on this.
You will go straight to your question and i will answer based on my PERSONAL understanding of what you ask in line with what i accepted as absolute TRUTH!
So you and i will have to chat like friends asking each other questions like heart to heart discussion, nobody is under any scrutiny since each person is free to choose the type of worship you feel is the truth.
Please no sarcasm!
You may proceed with the first TWO questions the first is about SHUNNING and the second could be any question of your choice! smiley

achorladey:

You were so scared that you said you were afraid of commenting on the other thread about the same issue
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:32pm On Mar 31, 2021
@ achorladey! undecided

MaxInDHouse:
What are you willing to know whether the SHUNNING issue or any other point from the OP?
Note that we can only take two at a goal, and for the first time please! please!! please!!!
This is not about sarcasm but issue requesting urgent need so let's chat like question and answer on this.
You will go straight to your question and i will answer based on my PERSONAL understanding of what you ask in line with what i accepted as absolute TRUTH!
So you and i will have to chat like friends asking each other questions like heart to heart discussion, nobody is under any scrutiny since each person is free to choose the type of worship you feel is the truth.
Please no sarcasm!
You may proceed with the first TWO questions the first is about SHUNNING and the second could be any question of your choice! smiley

Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by achorladey: 7:03pm On Mar 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
@ achorladey! undecided

Where in the scripture was it written to shun those that do not sin?

Think carefully before you respond.
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:07pm On Mar 31, 2021
Please let's start from SHUNNING first before we now define what is sin. You know different religions has what they term as sin!
Thanks!

achorladey:

Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by achorladey: 7:12pm On Mar 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Please let's start from SHUNNING first before we now define what is sin. You know different religions has what they term as sin!
Thanks!

I will repeat, think before responding.
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:38pm On Mar 31, 2021
I wish we carry everyone along including atheists who don't believe in God or sin so we won't just treat one side while leaving the other side unattended to!
So please let's first talk about SHUNNING, did God's word support it?
If God's word support it then we can now go to grouds on which it could be applied!

achorladey:

Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by achorladey: 7:46pm On Mar 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
I wish we carry everyone along including atheists who don't believe in God or sin so we won't just treat one side while leaving the other side unattended to!
So please let's first talk about SHUNNING, did God's word support it?
If God's word support it then we can now go to grouds on which it could be applied!

Where in the scripture was it written to SHUN those that do not sin?

Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:01pm On Mar 31, 2021
The highlighted is obvious you agree shunning is biblical but only for those that sinned.
So back to your question, God's word says we should SHUN sinners not those who never sinned!

Can we proceed now?

achorladey:

Where in the scripture was it written to SHUN those that (do not) sin?
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by achorladey: 8:12pm On Mar 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
The highlighted is obvious you agree shunning is biblical but only for those that sinned.
So back to your question, God's word says we should SHUN sinners not those who never sinned!

Can we proceed now?

Where in the scripture was it written to SHUN those that do not sin?

Answer the question accordingly don't punctate it with answering questions on my behalf because you have to isolate shunning from the scripture in the long run.
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:32pm On Mar 31, 2021
I have answered you achorladey.
If you believe there shouldn't be SHUNNING at all is a different story but now the highlighted shows you agree that God's word support shunning only against those that sinned! smiley

achorladey:

Answer the question accordingly don't punctate it with answering questions on my behalf because you have to isolate shunning from the scripture in the long run.
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by achorladey: 8:42pm On Mar 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
I have answered you achorladey.
If you believe there shouldn't be SHUNNING at all is a different story but now the highlighted shows you agree that God's word support shunning only against those that sinned! smiley

Simple answer don't punctuate your response with answering your own questions on my behalf.
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by Judybash93(m): 5:23am On Apr 01, 2021
Janosky:

Your comparisons is solid evidence you are deluded & confirmed bigot.

Bros, your opinion doesn't count with Jehovah our God, let alone His Servants.

Shalom.

Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:04am On Apr 01, 2021
No where to hide now my friend!

God's word support shunning so if you don't have any other tangible thing to say then case closed!

I know none of you can't refute the TRUTH written in God's word all you can do is argue blindly but now you can't escape because there is nowhere to hide. It's either God's word never said anything regarding SHUNNING or it's only restricted to certain individuals!

For the benefit of all those who truly want to know the logical reason behind the principle of SHUNNING i will explain and i hereby challenge anyone who feels like it's not so to speak up.

Adam and Eve lived in Eden as a couple, God gave them a rule probably from Adam passed onto Eve, they are not to eat of a certain tree in the garden. A powerful spirit used the snake as a puppet to ask Eve whether she'll like to break God's law if there's gain in rebellion, Eve agreed and later introduced the idea to her husband, according to God's word this is what led to all the troubles mankind is experiencing till today!
All of us are blaming Adam today because he was the first person to live in the garden and the one with whom God spoke directly.

Let anyone as in ANYONE refute this claim that if Eve had shunned the serpent (whom she knew very well in the garden but never spoke in that manner) would Mankind be in this mess?
If Adam had shunned Eve that day would Mankind come under this curse?
Let's say Adam has shunned Eve completely along with the serpent would God destroy the puppet (serpent) and Eve?

Of course God's word supports SHUNNING {Romans 16:17; 2John 10-11} and it's the best way of saving yourself and probably the wrongdoer! 1Corinthians 5:5

May you have PEACE! smiley

achorladey:

Simple answer don't punctuate your response with answering your own questions on my behalf.
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by achorladey: 6:12am On Apr 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
No where to hide now my friend!

God's word support shunning so if you don't have any other tangible thing to say then case closed!

I know none of you can't refute the TRUTH written in God's word all you can do is argue blindly but now you can't escape because there is nowhere to hide. It's either God's word never said anything regarding SHUNNING or it's only restricted to certain individuals!

For the benefit of all those who truly want to know the logical reason behind the principle of SHUNNING i will explain and i hereby challenge anyone who feels like it's not so to speak up.

Adam and Eve lived in Eden as a couple, God gave them a rule probably from Adam passed onto Eve, they are not to eat of a certain tree in the garden. A powerful spirit used the snake as a puppet to ask Eve whether she'll like to break God's law if there's gain in rebellion, Eve agreed and later introduced the idea to her husband, according to God's word this is what led to all the troubles mankind is experiencing till today!
All of us are blaming Adam today because he was the first person to live in the garden and the one with whom God spoke directly.

Let anyone as in ANYONE refute this claim that if Eve had shunned the serpent (whom she knew very well in the garden but never spoke in that manner) would Mankind be in this mess?
If Adam had shunned Eve that day would Mankind come under this curse?
Let's say Adam has shunned Eve completely along with the serpent would God destroy the puppet (serpent) and Eve?

Of course God's word supports SHUNNING {Romans 16:17; 2John 10-11} and it's the best way of saving yourself and probably the wrongdoer! 1Corinthians 5:5

May you have PEACE! smiley

Nowhere to hide keh grin grin. The one always ignoring now becomes someone telling others nowhere to hide.

Had I been in a hidden place, how come you have been ignoring something that is hidden. Na sheer consolation be that.

Answer my question without punctuating it. Resulted in this latest post. You set rules, you can't even obey your own rules.

To the bold up there must be the answer you want to hear all day yesterday......

Yet this post is filled with ifs, probably e.t.c. You know what that means, they all come under suppositions, assumptions and speculations and that what you want people to REFUTE. I should refute assumptions, speculations and suppositions grin

If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them. 11 Anyone who welcomes them shares in their wicked work.

"I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them."

Na la cram la dasile you still dey do. Heed those bold and think very well on it. Apply it accordingly to SHUNNING. The clue is there all along.
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:50am On Apr 01, 2021
Guy your conscience is DEAD, that's why i always ignore you. Your purpose of coming into any thread is not for clarification but confusion.
You kept asking the same question that's not in line with the topic of discussion.
The OP has freely expressed himself regarding his displeasure about JWs rules and regulations, the main point of his leaving the group is about SHUNNING of those who oppose the organizational standard!
So to set matters straight and carry all followers of thread along the first thing to iron out is whether God's word supports SHUNNING in anyway?
The second is what ground should SHUNNING come to play it's part in Christianity?
But as usual you want to make everything clumsy and that is what i don't want. It's either God's word supports SHUNNING or not, then we can now talk about the ground on which it should be applied.
I'm not even after Churchgoers in this thread God's word says SHUN rebellious individuals so if anyone feels like arguing it let such a person delete it from his copy of the Bible. My main target are ATHEISTS and AGNOSTICS who don't believe in the sanctity and wisdom found in God's word.
Perhaps any of them can come up with a BETTER idea than SHUNNING if we go logical. But i trust LordReed because he knew Maximus very well for convincing speech that can't be refuted!
Your own case is settled my guy, go and rest! smiley

achorladey:

Nowhere to hide keh grin grin. The one always ignoring now becomes someone telling others nowhere to hide. Had I been in a hidden place, how come you have been ignoring something that is hidden. Na sheer consolation be that.
Answer my question without punctuating it. Resulted in this latest post. You set rules, you can't even obey your own rules. To the bold up there must be the answer you want to hear all day yesterday......Yet this post is filled with ifs, probably e.t.c. You know what that means, they all come under suppositions, assumptions and speculations and that what you want people to REFUTE. I should refute assumptions, speculations and suppositions grin
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:11am On Apr 01, 2021
achorladey:

If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them. 11 Anyone who welcomes them shares in their wicked work.

I told you There's nowhere to hide your rebellious spirit didn't i? cheesy
Now everyone following the thread could see for themselves that SHUNNING is part of Christian principles. The questions you supposed to ask yourself:
Is there any individual or set of people that worth SHUNNING today?
How do i apply this injunction without being one sided? smiley

"I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them."

I love this passage so much that i can't just stop laughing at your rebellious spirit? cheesy

Now let's pick the words one after another:

"I urge you, BROTHERS and SISTERS (people with whom i accepted the same line of thought not just anybody~ Matthew 12:46-49) to watch out for those who cause division and put obstacles in your way that are CONTRARY to the TEACHINGS you have learned, KEEP AWAY FROM THEM"

Abeg achorladey, nah JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES Organization TEACH me o! And nah there all my brothers and sisters (in the faith) dey, so according to what you just quoted I Maximus must SHUN whoever tries to cause a division amongst those sharing the same line of thought regarding what we LEARNED!

Please do you have a better explanation than this? cheesy
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by achorladey: 8:34am On Apr 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Guy your conscience is DEAD, that's why i always ignore you. Your purpose of coming into any thread is not for clarification but confusion.
You kept asking the same question that's not in line with the topic of discussion.
The OP has freely expressed himself regarding his displeasure about JWs rules and regulations, the main point of his leaving the group is about SHUNNING of those who oppose the organizational standard!
So to set matters straight and carry all followers of thread along the first thing to iron out is whether God's word supports SHUNNING in anyway?
The second is what ground should SHUNNING come to play it's part in Christianity?
But as usual you want to make everything clumsy and that is what i don't want. It's either God's word supports SHUNNING or not, then we can now talk about the ground on which it should be applied.
I'm not even after Churchgoers in this thread God's word says SHUN rebellious individuals so if anyone feels like arguing it let such a person delete it from his copy of the Bible. My main target are ATHEISTS and AGNOSTICS who don't believe in the sanctity and wisdom found in God's word.
Perhaps any of them can come up with a BETTER idea than SHUNNING if we go logical. But i trust LordReed because he knew Maximus very well for convincing speech that can't be refuted!
Your own case is settled my guy, go and rest! smiley

1. My conscience is now dead.

2. I create confusion

3. I asked a question not in line with the thread. Here it is again. Where in the scripture was it written to SHUN those that (do not) sin?

4. Who is carried along should be none of your business. The reason we have moderators on the platform. This thread wasn't created by you. Anyone that needs to be carried along can address that appropriately and they get response.

5. As if the thread was about a churchgoer, atheist and agnostic grin grin

The same LordReed I know? You need a reminder

Check the images below

Just close to +/- 1year

Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by achorladey: 9:01am On Apr 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

I told you There's nowhere to hide your rebellious spirit didn't i? cheesy
Now everyone following the thread could see for themselves that SHUNNING is part of Christian principles. The questions you supposed to ask yourself:
Is there any individual or set of people that worth SHUNNING today?
How do i apply this injunction without being one sided? smiley

I love this passage so much that i can't just stop laughing at your rebellious spirit? cheesy

Now let's pick the words one after another:

"I urge you, BROTHERS and SISTERS (people with whom i accepted the same line of thought not just anybody~ Matthew 12:46-49) to watch out for those who cause division and put obstacles in your way that are CONTRARY to the TEACHINGS you have learned, KEEP AWAY FROM THEM"

Abeg achorladey, nah JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES Organization TEACH me o! And nah there all my brothers and sisters (in the faith) dey, so according to what you just quoted I Maximus must SHUN whoever tries to cause a division amongst those sharing the same line of thought regarding what we LEARNED!

Please do you have a better explanation than this? cheesy

This was your last response before this post

Your own case is settled my guy, go and rest!

Obviously you cannot rest and the post shows. You cited a bible verse you cannot quote appropriately to see what it states. I quoted it you l decided to call Pasuma and Osupa to celebrate. grin grin grin

Colour it from now till tomorrow it won't bring what you are expected to see because you don't follow your own rules and you don't listen to people.

Simple question:

1. Where in the scripture was it written to SHUN those that (do not) sin?

Follow up question as a result of the Romans 16:17 and 2 John 10,11

2. How do you know someone is teaching something contrary to the teaching of Jesus and the apostles when you shun them? grin grin

If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching

How do you know someone that is coming to you does not bring this teaching when you shun them?
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:05am On Apr 01, 2021
What do you expect from an atheist who tried everything manly possible to refute something but finds no way to do so? John 10:20 cheesy
So try not to change the subject Sir, your last post exposed the rebellious spirit in you.

According to what you quoted:

SHUNNING is biblical!
It could only work in the midst of those taught and believes the same thing!

So JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES Organization is hereby vindicated! smiley

achorladey:

1. My conscience is now dead.

2. I create confusion

3. I asked a question not in line with the thread. Here it is again. Where in the scripture was it written to SHUN those that (do not) sin?

4. Who is carried along should be none of your business. The reason we have moderators on the platform. This thread wasn't created by you. Anyone that needs to be carried along can address that appropriately and they get response.

5. As if the thread was about a Churchgoer, atheist and agnostic grin grin

The same LordReed I know. You need a reminder

Check the images below
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by achorladey: 9:06am On Apr 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
What do you expect from an atheist who tried everything manly possible to refute something but finds no way to do so? John 10:20 cheesy
So try not to change the subject Sir, your last post exposed the rebellious spirit in you.

According to what you quoted:

SHUNNING is biblical!
It could only work in the midst of those taught and believes the same thing!

So JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES Organization is hereby vindicated! smiley

Do you trust this ATHEIST?

A. Yes

B. No.

Regarding this.....

SHUNNING is biblical! It could only work in the midst of those taught and believes the same thing

More images coming grin
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:14am On Apr 01, 2021
achorladey:

This was your last response before this post

Your own case is settled my guy, go and rest!

Obviously you cannot rest and the post shows. You cited a bible verse you cannot quote appropriately to see what it states. I quoted it you l decided to call Pauma and Osupa to celebrate. grin grin grin

Colour it from now till tomorrow don't bring what you are expected to see because you don't follow your own rules and you don't listen to people.

Simple question:

1. Where in the scripture was it written to SHUN those that (do not) sin?

Follow up question as a result of the Romans 16:17 and 2 John 10,11

2. How do you know someone is teaching something contrary to the teaching of Jesus and the apostles when you shun them? grin grin

If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching

How do you know someone that is coming to you does not bring this teaching when you shun them?

I won't do your homework for you nah! cheesy

Everybody knows that JWs don't SHUN people who don't believe what we believe rather it's those who have vowed to live by the same principle as we do but decided to turn away that we do SHUN.
If we SHUN all those who don't believe what we do then how are we going to preach to them? cheesy
The whole world know JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES as zealous preachers and industrious teachers of God's word, it's only exjws that are crying day and night that we are shunning them! grin

I'm just happy that i belong to the most intelligent group on planet earth! Isaiah 54:17 smiley
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:20am On Apr 01, 2021
The underlined is your way of changing the topic and it's unacceptable! cheesy

Nobody is talking about TRUST here but SHUNNING. If i greet, talk, chat, eat and drink with an atheist, does it makes sense to say i'm shunning them?
But on the other hand i must not greet, talk, chat, eat nor drink with an exjw i hope you're getting the gist now! smiley

So it's not about TRUST but SHUNNING! wink

achorladey:

Do you trust this ATHEIST?
A. Yes
B. No.
Regarding this.....
SHUNNING is biblical! It could only work in the midst of those taught and believes the same thing
More images coming grin
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:31am On Apr 01, 2021
@ achorladey!

The highlighted says it all, if we do SHUN those who don't believe what we do it's impossible for this commentator to say something of this nature about us.

As for the OP, even if i work with him in the same place unknowingly that he's an exjw once i'm told then i must stop greeting him. That's the APPLICATION of what Paul said.

But if you've gotten a BETTER APPLICATION please let's learn from you after all you're in agreement with the scriptures that says "SHUN" but it's the application that's the bone of contention now! cheesy

nnamdiosu:

I feel you bro, honestly I do. And trust me, I can vouch for many of my jw friends to be more honest and moral than my non jw friends.

However, there are so many indices that point out that jw organization is a cult. Like very tight systematic cultures, way of life, beliefs, etc. But it's fine.

But I won't want to argue, judge or critize sir. I relate with a person as according to an individual, not a group or association.
God bless you. Amen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

His Story - God's Story / Atheists Please Tell Me / Cloudgoddess's Spiritual Views (part 1? Idk)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.