Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,927 members, 7,821,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal (32372 Views)

₦4.2 Trillion Debt Service: Economy Is In Real Crisis, FG Admits / FG Admits Revenues Crashing, Says Nigeria Faces Hard Times / BREAKING: Atiku’s Witness Admits Paying N10,000 To Soldiers During Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by wonder233: 1:54pm On Mar 27, 2021
That's what I'm saying: the government said they were fully deregulating when the prices shot up to ₦162, that no more subsidy that the price was determined by market forces. So which subsidy are we talking about again? Same rhetoric "we are totally deregulating henceforth, market prices will determine prices" tomorrow, same announcement with another increase in pump price.
Latvin:

What you should be checking is the landing cost of fuel. Once that is higher than pump price or at a level that after adding other margins, it will be higher than pump price, then subsidy creeps in again. Best is to fully deregulate and allow market forces determine the price. Having refineries will help but will not take the issue away completely as those refineries need to operate with profitability in mind as they won't get crude for free or at a much reduced price
Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by Latvin: 3:06pm On Mar 27, 2021
wonder233:
That's what I'm saying: the government said they were fully deregulating when the prices shot up to ₦162, that no more subsidy that the price was determined by market forces. So which subsidy are we talking about again? Same rhetoric "we are totally deregulating henceforth, market prices will determine prices" tomorrow, same announcement with another increase in pump price.

Nope. They were challenged by Labour and reached an understanding that they will suspend full deregulation until some certain things were in place. Labour asked that FG repairs refineries, guarantee no job losses, cushion impact through social investments and increase minimum wage.

They were still in that discussion with Labour hence FG's position that no increase will happen in February and March. FG is now saying, look we have met your demands, the latest being the plan to rehabilitate the PHC refinery. A lot of people will not know that those moribund refineries were planned to be sold to raise cash that will part finance the budget. As that will lead to job losses, Labour selfishly kicked against it.

It is easy to sit and criticise govt but there are no easy solutions when managing a complex and diverse country like Nigeria. To solve our issues, we need to be less negative and collaborate more to find solutions. Otherwise, you push people to maintain their hardline positions which does no one any good. So far, govt is listening and dialoguing with Labour hence the feeble resistance. Let us understand the issues and make less disparaging remarks which helps no one

1 Like

Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by drmuchin: 3:33pm On Mar 27, 2021
Karlovych:
grin grin From all of us at vulturebbqrillz we thank you our darling daddy for this great news, we know that your integrity and honesty cannot compare to anyone on the entire face of the earth. Continue with your good work, we the Nigerian Society of BMC Zombies are 100 percent behind you.

CALL HIM BY HIS NAME
NL CHIEF PROPAGANDIST
Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by VictorUSA(m): 3:35pm On Mar 27, 2021
The time has reached that every volture will start crying for its dear life.
Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by kaludestiny10(m): 4:41pm On Mar 27, 2021
Your outburst just shows your low level of upbringing and your intolerance towards people's humble opinion.
Anyway thanks for your opinion because you are entitled to it.
But learn to pass a message across to others with polite words.
Tekrify:
Please take that statement back...

Fuel is a product that is rice and fall influence almost everything you will ever buy....are u that daft ..so I think if they removed subsidies and the price jumbs to N300 or so..u still expecting to buy rice , pepper and other commodities at the same price?...
Even the price of condom will increase...it like u don't know how fuel and dollar influence the price of commodities in Nigeria...so just take that useless statement back
Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by wonder233: 6:12pm On Mar 27, 2021
You're still deliberately sidestepping the singular point I raised: let me repeat it in case you missed it: The federal Government announced full deregulation of the downstream oil industry and mandated the PPPRA to ensure Nigerians are not ripped off by the marketers by pegging pump price in line with landing costs. That was what led to ₦162 from ₦145. If the landing costs have increased to warrant an increase in price to ₦234, the PPPRA should say so and give reasons why this is so, instead of the govt coming out to say it is still paying the subsidy it said it has removed.
Latvin:

Nope. They were challenged by Labour and reached an understanding that they will suspend full deregulation until some certain things were in place. Labour asked that FG repairs refineries, guarantee no job losses, cushion impact through social investments and increase minimum wage.

They were still in that discussion with Labour hence FG's position that no increase will happen in February and March. FG is now saying, look we have met your demands, the latest being the plan to rehabilitate the PHC refinery. A lot of people will not know that those moribund refineries were planned to be sold to raise cash that will part finance the budget. As that will lead to job losses, Labour selfishly kicked against it.

It is easy to sit and criticise govt but there are no easy solutions when managing a complex and diverse country like Nigeria. To solve our issues, we need to be less negative and collaborate more to find solutions. Otherwise, you push people to maintain their hardline positions which does no one any good. So far, govt is listening and dialoguing with Labour hence the feeble resistance. Let us understand the issues and make less disparaging remarks which helps no one
Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by Staro: 6:39pm On Mar 27, 2021
Useless president
Shameless supporters
Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 28, 2021
When all is said and done, Nigerians don't want subsidy to go at all, whether pro or anti Bubu

They accept it is a forum for looting and stealing but they still don't want it to go.
Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by PHijo(m): 10:00am On Mar 28, 2021
wonder233:
You're still deliberately sidestepping the singular point I raised: let me repeat it in case you missed it: The federal Government announced full deregulation of the downstream oil industry and mandated the PPPRA to ensure Nigerians are not ripped off by the marketers by pegging pump price in line with landing costs. That was what led to ₦162 from ₦145. If the landing costs have increased to warrant an increase in price to ₦234, the PPPRA should say so and give reasons why this is so, instead of the govt coming out to say it is still paying the subsidy it said it has removed.

Prices being pegged in not full deregulation. They simply claimed they have stopped paying subsidy which we have found out they lied.

1 Like

Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by wonder233: 10:28am On Mar 28, 2021
Exactly
PHijo:

Prices being pegged in not full deregulation. They simply claimed they have stopped paying subsidy which we have found out they lied.
Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by Tekrify(m): 1:17am On Mar 29, 2021
Am not consigned about their lies....am telling u fact that...if they left the market to be free from subsidies.. ordinary Nigerians will not be able to afford it...a barrel of oil has risen...it makes sense for government to return subsidies or expect fuel to reach N200...have u ignoramus tried finding out the landing cost of fuel in Nigeria..and see the reason government have to subsidize it or else..those in the business won't make profit...please do if u haven't...

And yeah maybe government should have kept quiet the first place...but it wasn't a lie ..that what some people don't understand and they are not confused...they probably didn't predict an appreciation in oil prices which will automatically push the price up....
Get ur self educated..
If any of my spelling is wrong..it probably my keyboard or me making mistake cuz am typing fast...
Peace
fitzmayowa:

When they told you to learn comprehension in school you thought your teachers were saying it for saying it sake now go through the post again and apply your comprehension skills...

If only you took comprehension very seriously you would have deciphered that if the government says it has completely removed subsidy it has no business paying such huge amount on subsidy again, I'm very sure you were one of those that went to ojota back then to dance the dance of shame against subsidy removal....

Is it not confusion that will make the clueless government say they completely removed subsidy only for them to come back again and say they are wasting billions every month on the same subsidy?

Some of you will just buy 10mb and start yarning anyhow here....whew!!!
Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by Tekrify(m): 1:20am On Mar 29, 2021
Maybe I should not have used impolite words....
But with all ur years of living in Nigeria...u never knew Once fuel increase every fucking thing including transportation increases...
Inshort fuel increase has more effect on the economy than dollar increase cuz Every individual both educated and daft will inflate their prices immediately..

Abeg so comments just demands impolite words sometimes
kaludestiny10:
Your outburst just shows your low level of upbringing and your intolerance towards people's humble opinion.
Anyway thanks for your opinion because you are entitled to it.
But learn to pass a message across to others with polite words.
Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by fitzmayowa: 4:56am On Mar 30, 2021
Tekrify:
Am not consigned about their lies....am telling u fact that...if they left the market to be free from subsidies.. ordinary Nigerians will not be able to afford it...a barrel of oil has risen...it makes sense for government to return subsidies or expect fuel to reach N200...have u ignoramus tried finding out the landing cost of fuel in Nigeria..and see the reason government have to subsidize it or else..those in the business won't make profit...please do if u haven't...

And yeah maybe government should have kept quiet the first place...but it wasn't a lie ..that what some people don't understand and they are not confused...they probably didn't predict an appreciation in oil prices which will automatically push the price up....
Get ur self educated..
If any of my spelling is wrong..it probably my keyboard or me making mistake cuz am typing fast...
Peace

You should be the one getting the education I can't waste my precious time educating you, government have no business in subsidy when the subsidy in diesel and kerosine was completely removed what happened?

The problem with you is you think you know but you don't and you keep dishing out your ignorance here, like I said you lack comprehension skill and you should take classes for better understanding, when subsidy goes market forces determines the price of comodity (I hope you won't start asking what's market forces)....

To you its wise that the government earns revenue and in turn waste it on paying huge subsidy? I'm done trying to educate you please go and read up on this things for understanding....
Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by Tekrify(m): 10:45am On Mar 31, 2021
Kerosene is useless as LNG is the most used now..only a minute fraction of cars uses diesel...

For gov to remove subsidies on kerosene and diesels but leave petro should teach u something...

Nigerians can't afford to have demand and supply determine fuel cost...it like Ur ready to buy a litre for N250...that y ur soliciting for subsidy removal...the time fuel increase from 97 to 143..what did Nigerians do... hypocrite.. if there was enough money government could have just paid more money to maintain 97 naira...
But here u are with subsidies till being paid it 164.. imagine if it is removed..

Take note the price will never ever drop if subsidies are removed....u act like Nigerians especially the 87 million living below the poverty line will happily accept it....
Please go back to school
fitzmayowa:

You should be the one getting the education I can't waste my precious time educating you, government have no business in subsidy when the subsidy in diesel and kerosine was completely removed what happened?

The problem with you is you think you know but you don't and you keep dishing out your ignorance here, like I said you lack comprehension skill and you should take classes for better understanding, when subsidy goes market forces determines the price of comodity (I hope you won't start asking what's market forces)....

To you its wise that the government earns revenue and in turn waste it on paying huge subsidy? I'm done trying to educate you please go and read up on this things for understanding....
Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by vikrahtv: 11:07am On Apr 02, 2021
i make new cartoon animation video using Plotagon Studio to see how visit my YouTube channel Appsoft Teach

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Don't Know Who Can Challenge Us In 2027 – Wike / Tinubu To Undergo Orthopedic Surgery / PDP SW Congress: Fayose Escapes Attack As Over 150 Armed Thugs Invade Hotel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.