Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,925 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal (32357 Views)

₦4.2 Trillion Debt Service: Economy Is In Real Crisis, FG Admits / FG Admits Revenues Crashing, Says Nigeria Faces Hard Times / BREAKING: Atiku’s Witness Admits Paying N10,000 To Soldiers During Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by seyz91(m): 12:04am On Mar 27, 2021
you no lie about the revolution thing
Agbegbaorogboye:
Lol.It's obvious the govt is more confused about this subsidy stuff than the govt it replaced.
The underlining fact is that all of them have no interest of the masses at heart.
They're only after their own interests which is why they get in position and start carrying out the same thing.
The truth is this country needs a revolution of some sort
Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by Sonoyom(m): 12:08am On Mar 27, 2021
Buhari and his gang of 40 thieves at it again. Stealing, maiming, lying and propaganda has been the hallmark of this administration.
Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by xeju: 12:08am On Mar 27, 2021
Baselm:

If landing price is #162 and I tell you pump price is #162 of course there is no subsidy, it doesn't mean that when landing cost becomes #200 and are still paying #162 there is still no subsidy as a matter of fact If the landing cost becomes #148 and you are paying #162 then I am cheating you.

Bottom line is, pump prices should be reviewed every other day if we want true removal of subsidy, but are Nigerians ready for that??
the point isn't just about pump price blah blah blah but the deceitful govt made Nigerians to believe there was nothing like subsidy and it's fraud. that's the bottom line. seeing some of you trying to be economist to a deceitful govt is baffling.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by globalresource: 12:25am On Mar 27, 2021
Subsidybad21:
I'm going to tell a honest truth...here

The thing is, in my time discussing subsidy removal here, one thing I have noticed is that most Nigerians, despite the corruption and lying around oil subsidy at the end of the day don't want it to go.

For folks like me who see how damaging it is to our economy, how it chops money that could have been used for other things, and how it prevents the creation of more refinereis to compete with Dangote refinery, and by extension more jobs, for someone like me who felt like screaming in 2012 when people were opposing a for once good initiative by the then government because politics....well it is sad.

Subsidy has created a lot of problems for Nigeria. We lose billions to smuggling of fuel, lose billions to people making false claims on the PEF, and amount improted or bought, and we lose lots of opportunities to have new refinereis because who wants to come and refine at a loss...and we lose out on jobs.

Well, as for me, subsidy has to go. It has nothing to do with supporting Buhari or GEJ for me. It has nothing to do with 2015, 2019, or 2012. It has nothing to do with whether I want you to suffer or don't have regard for your revenue, or whatever. It has everything to do with our economy growing into somehting stronger, and there being more jobs.

So let's end the lies, and the stealing, and the corruption and end this subsidy. We cannot continue like this any longer.

Good evening.

P.S: If you abuse me or call me names, or curse me, I will most certainly report you to the mods. I HAVE NOT INSULTED OR ABUSED ANYONE IN MAKING THIS COMMENT. If you can't be mature in your disagreement with me, like some have been thank God...then you better pay the price.

PS.2:

I won't abuse you. But your likes is the reason Nigeria is backward. Channel your grievances to Buhari the leader of nigeria and not blames the masses who has no power over the NNPC
Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by timefarm(m): 12:43am On Mar 27, 2021
It is sad.
We can now see how much previous government was paying on subsidy when barrel of oil was close to 100 follars.. And this stupid government was claiming there is nothing called subsidy then.

1 Like

Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by seunayantokun(m): 12:44am On Mar 27, 2021
saaron:
That's why Nigeria is where it is today. The country is ruled by an illitrate terrorist.
It is always all the way a fraud.

One Nigeria? Even UK, France etc don't shout demonic oneness which is is a platform for inhumanity.

1 Like

Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by timefarm(m): 12:44am On Mar 27, 2021
, How far, we no see you here,
what do you have to say to defend your darling daddy?
We are waiting please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by ZooOga: 12:45am On Mar 27, 2021
which outrage? pay or bike or walk. grin
Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by Brushstrokes20: 12:56am On Mar 27, 2021
Buhari and cohorts are common THIEVES!

Very pathetic bunch of irredeemable kleptomaniacs!

The shithole is on a cliff edge.
Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by Brushstrokes20: 12:57am On Mar 27, 2021
Buhari and cohorts are common THIEVES!

Very pathetic bunch of irredeemable kleptomaniacs!

The shithole is on a cliff edge!
Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by adecz: 12:59am On Mar 27, 2021
angry sad sad angry angry

➡➡What do we expect from the
Government of Fulani & Qanuri;
The etthnik groups that make up the
deadly herdsmen & boko haram.⬅⬅

❌❌❌❌❌❌❌
Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by Yankee101: 1:06am On Mar 27, 2021
Thieves

If Nigeria will develop, it will come through private companies, PPP and startups

The government itself is a liability to development
Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by Lagoon0: 1:22am On Mar 27, 2021
All this kind of thread simplyoe data don finish
Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by calcal: 1:34am On Mar 27, 2021
Den dey fear?
Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by Jack005(m): 1:36am On Mar 27, 2021
These idiots promised to fix our refineries, if only they fulfilled their promises... Another set of idiots and deceivers will promise same thing come 2023 and most Nigerians will believe their lies..
Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by Cj4charles(m): 1:47am On Mar 27, 2021
BigSarah:
Paid agents are missing here.
They went to Grill some cattle for their darling daddy
Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by AdeniyiA(m): 2:22am On Mar 27, 2021
Meanwhile Mr integrity is the Petroleum Minister o undecided
Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by olmoRoc: 2:36am On Mar 27, 2021
They just pocketed the funds! After all, a snake and an elephant swallowed huge sums, and the funds were never recovered.
Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by zynzyn(m): 2:59am On Mar 27, 2021
Racoon:

https://www.independent.ng/outrage-as-fg-admits-paying-fuel-subsidy-after-removal/

No sentiments. This subsidy issues still lingers but not to my surprise! cool

The issue is not subsidy, it is R E F I N E R I E S!! Can't Nigerians think??
Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by GPAdams(m): 3:26am On Mar 27, 2021
Curse is the day I was born as a Nigerian. How can our Leaders be this wicked.
Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by LikeAking: 3:42am On Mar 27, 2021
Scament.
Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by vineyardfarms: 3:42am On Mar 27, 2021
Racoon:

https://www.independent.ng/outrage-as-fg-admits-paying-fuel-subsidy-after-removal/

ln a sane country the president would have been impeached for lieing under oath. The senate, rep are all hand pick and rubber stamp. What is left now is to put the country out for sale. Where are those miscrants who protested during GEJ Regime?
Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by Latvin: 3:48am On Mar 27, 2021
Reading through the thread, it is obvious many Nigerians do not understand the subject. First of all, it was wrong to have opposed subsidy removal in 2012 when GEJ proposed it. We would have adjusted to it by now and be the better for it. So PMB and others should apologise.

That said, Kyari clearly said it was in September 2020 when crude oil price started climbing back up that landing cost of our 100% imported fuel became higher than the pump price. It is not rocket science that when that happens, someone (in this case NNPC on behalf of FG) will bear the loss. Meaning before Sep2020, there was no subsidy. When pump price was reduced earlier in 2020 due to crude price fall, a lot just waived it away saying it was the usual Govt gimmick of fooling the citizens and preparing them for an increase later. This is without thinking that a caveat was inserted then that full deregulation and subsidy removal will affect prices whether up or down depending on input factors such as crude price, thereby allowing the market to dictate prices as it should be.

That FG didn't allow the price rise since Sep2020 means they were cognizant of the impact on citizens at a very difficult time when covid was ravaging the whole world. FG continued to negotiate with Labour, being transparent by putting all the cards on the table. It was only when conditions are met with Labour on behalf of the people that FG could go ahead. Part of those conditions were to fix our refineries, ensure workers are not sacked, implement new minimum wage and cushion impact by intensifying FG's social investment such that it reaches the most vulnerable people. I disagree with Labour though on fixing our refineries and keeping all jobs as that is self serving. I prefer we sell off the refineries, and if it leads to laying off staff, so be it. The market is the best efficiency tool. In any case, FG ensured no worker was sacked, embarked on the rehabilitation of PHC refinery, continued with its social programs (though it is unclear if it is reaching the poor) and have started paying minimum wage at federal level.

Therefore, FG is taking these steps however painful now, so that foundation for future progress can be made. This is the reason why I support the courageous FG in this painful but necessary step. It will be vilified and abused but it shouldn't be deterred. Future govts will recognise the sacrifice of this present govt and its long suffering people.

FG clearly didn't budget for subsidies hence it is now crying out because that matter will be raised by NASS who are waiting to ask why NNPC is not remitting monies to the federation account as expected. They should be interested in current discussions and take appropriate notes.

Overall, we should get our refineries to workbut in private hands. Dangote's refinery is almost complete, the small modular refineries are starting to come on stream, BUA and others are building new refineries, FG is rehabilitating existing refineries (though i don't support that). So my advice to us Nigerians is to chill and in some months to a year or two, we would have sorted out most of the issues with fuel and the downstream sector of our economy in general.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by TemmyT002(m): 4:05am On Mar 27, 2021
Racoon:

https://opinion.premiumtimesng.com/2020/09/10/from-apcs-promise-of-change-to-buharis-change-of-promise-by-majeed-dahiru/
The same government informed this nation about 3 months ago that subsidy has been removed hence fuel is to sell @ #165.Of course it was another lie and scam.The same subsidy they vehemently denounced as a fraud from the beginning thereby gaslighting the gullible masses?

DPR cant tell how many barrels of crude oil Nigeria produce or sold daily.Now @ what exchange rate do we sell crude oil and buy fuel? What about the by-products.
All these are happening under Mr president & minister of petroleum-Buhari who overhyped himself Mr integrity.

A single lie destroys a whole reputation built over the years.This government have really taken Nigerians for granted.He who lives by lies and propaganda will also die by lies and propaganda.

Their lies started from before they got into power.
Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by witworth(m): 4:16am On Mar 27, 2021
Politics don overtake religion and ethnicity for causes of blindness among blind followers and supporters of political leaders and parties, the worst part of this is that these suffering and smiling followers don't even know their rights anymore so they can't fight for it because shackles are on their ankles and handcuffs on their wrists.
Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by Owologbo(m): 5:21am On Mar 27, 2021
Subsidybad21:

The thing is, in my time discussing subsidy removal here, one thing I have noticed is that most Nigerians, despite the corruption and lying around oil subsidy at the end of the day don't want it to go.

For folks like me who see how damaging it is to our economy, how it chops money that could have been used for other things, and how it prevents the creation of more refinereis to compete with Dangote refinery, and by extension more jobs, for someone like me who felt like screaming in 2012 when people were opposing a for once good initiative by the then government because politics....well it is sad.

Subsidy has created a lot of problems for Nigeria. We lose billions to smuggling of fuel, lose billions to people making false claims on the PEF, and amount improted or bought, and we lose lots of opportunities to have new refinereis because who wants to come and refine at a loss...and we lose out on jobs.

Well, as for me, subsidy has to go. It has nothing to do with supporting Buhari or GEJ for me. It has nothing to do with 2015, 2019, or 2012. It has nothing to do with whether I want you to suffer or don't have regard for your revenue, or whatever. It has everything to do with our economy growing into somehting stronger, and there being more jobs.

So let's end the lies, and the stealing, and the corruption and end this subsidy. We cannot continue like this any longer.

Good evening.

P.S: If you abuse me or call me names, or curse me, I will most certainly report you to the mods. I HAVE NOT INSULTED OR ABUSED ANYONE IN MAKING THIS COMMENT. If you can't be mature in your disagreement with me, like some have been thank God...then you better pay the price.

PS.2:

how many times have subsidy been removed under this government?
please, start from the time of Ibe Kachwuku (don't mind the spelling).
Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by alphaNomega: 5:41am On Mar 27, 2021
vineyardfarms:

ln a sane country the president would have been impeached for lieing under oath. The senate, rep are all hand pick and rubber stamp. What is left now is to put the country out for sale. Where are those miscrants who protested during GEJ Regime?
haha, grin they're in power now
Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by Nobody: 5:55am On Mar 27, 2021
Owologbo:

how many times have subsidy been removed under this government?
please, start from the time of Ibe Kachwuku (don't mind the spelling).

Subsidy haa always been partially removed since 1973 even.

So long as government controls the price of fuel there is a subsidy
Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by themanderon: 6:40am On Mar 27, 2021
If only people knew.
Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by shadeyinka(m): 6:42am On Mar 27, 2021
Racoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmG_dYY7YRA
"There is no such thing as subsidy.It is corruption that they are calling subsidy. Anyone that tells you he is paying subsidy is not telling the truth.Subsidy is a scam...."

Yet the sanctimonious hypocrite has never apologized for insulting the sensibility of a nation. Let's see how the zombies will defend this again.
over to you?
Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by Duplexxx: 6:45am On Mar 27, 2021
grin grin grin grin
Re: Outrage As FG Admits Paying Fuel Subsidy After Removal by wonder233: 6:58am On Mar 27, 2021
Relax, nobody wants to insult you. All people are simply pointing out is that in arriving at the current price of ₦162, the government said it was ending subsidy. Prior to that in arriving at ₦145, it said the same thing. Now, we are being told that the subsidy that was ended is still being "re-ended" to get to ₦234. The question is when will this cycle end?
Subsidybad21:

Good evening.

PS.2:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Buhari Meets With Portuguese President Marcelo (Photos) / Labour Party Zonal Rally In Nsukka (pictures) / Moment Peter Obi Was Announced At PFN Summit In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.