Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

What Time Of The Day Do You Work Or Learn Best? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Time Of The Day Do You Work Or Learn Best? (2661 Views)

What Time Is Best To Visit Nairaland? / What Time Of The Day Do You Work Or Learn Best? / The F**** Word, How Often A Day Do You Use It ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Time Of The Day Do You Work Or Learn Best? by Phate07(m): 5:53am On Apr 16, 2011

What Time Of The Day Do You Work Or Learn Best?

Do you work better at certain times of the day and fight sleep at others? Suffer through a post-lunch haze of drowsiness? Get a burst of energy just as the workday is winding down?

Through the course of any given day, we all have natural peaks and troughs in our energy levels that can affect our alertness and ability to concentrate. These fluctuations in cognitive performance may largely be due to the influence of circadian rhythms.
Circadian rhythms are the 24-hour sleep-wake cycles that direct a wide range of biological functions-not just when we go to sleep and wake up, but virtually every element of our physiology. Circadian influences on human physiology have been extensively researched, but scientists
are just beginning to understand their impact on cognitive performance.

Some studies have demonstrated that individual differences in patterns of circadian arousal-the time of day that we are most alert-correlate with performance on a variety of cognitive tasks, and that such performance peaks more or less regularly at a
specific point in the day. For "morning types," performance
generally peaks in early morning
hours, while "evening types" perform better in the late afternoon.

Are you a lark, cheerful and talkative in the morning? Or an owl, coming alive after the sun goes down?

The answer may depend on your age. Older adults tend to be morning types, while younger adults show an opposite pattern. When tested at various points through out the day, both young and older adults show dramatic differences in memory performance. But younger people tend to improve as the day progresses, while older people generally exhibit a decline.

As we age, there appears to be a shift in our circadian arousal patterns toward a morning type, and this shift seems to begin around age 50. Fewer than 2 percent of older adults show a
tendency toward evening arousal, while nearly 80 percent are morning types.

These patterns suggest that morning may be the best time for older adults to undertake challenging cognitive tasks, and that late afternoon or evening may be best for younger people. These are generalizations, not hard-and-fast rules.

By paying close attention to your own fluctuations in energy, alertness, and mental clarity throughout the day, you can learn to recognize your own patterns and adjust your activities accordingly.

Culled from:  http://yourbrainatwork.org/what-time-of-day.html

Saw this from Mr Jaybee and felt like sharing. Enjoy!
Re: What Time Of The Day Do You Work Or Learn Best? by Pweety4me(f): 6:41am On Apr 16, 2011
Don't know, i can learn @ any time but if its not on a topic i am intrested in, or the person talking is non intresting then i would lose focus, but i tend to learn best when i'm in a calm enviroment & you can get involved, i don't just like listening all the time(there is a word for that).

Also, i guess morning studying is good aswell, the stuff goes in, i'm not really fond of late night work or studying just doesn't go well with my mood & natures cause
undecided
Re: What Time Of The Day Do You Work Or Learn Best? by iyatrustee(f): 8:19am On Apr 16, 2011
So wats romantic abt dis write up? Anyway, I learn and listen better after a sizzling round of se.x grin grin grin grin
Re: What Time Of The Day Do You Work Or Learn Best? by Phate07(m): 9:33am On Apr 16, 2011
undecided undecided
Re: What Time Of The Day Do You Work Or Learn Best? by 190: 9:49am On Apr 16, 2011
olodo poster= olodo question undecided
Re: What Time Of The Day Do You Work Or Learn Best? by LordReed(m): 9:59am On Apr 16, 2011
Phate07 can you see yourself? You are posting a very 'unromantic' topic here yet you'll stroke anyone who does so.
Re: What Time Of The Day Do You Work Or Learn Best? by 190: 10:03am On Apr 16, 2011
Lord_Reed:

Phate07 can you see yourself? You are posting a very 'unromantic' topic here yet you'll stroke anyone who does so.

the boy nor get sense ni grin grin grin

saddist 101 en ni jedi jedi
Re: What Time Of The Day Do You Work Or Learn Best? by coded777: 10:36am On Apr 16, 2011
Pweety4me:

Don't know, i can learn @ any time but if its not on a topic i am intrested in, or the person talking is non intresting then i would lose focus, but i tend to learn best when i'm in a calm enviroment & you can get involved, i don't just like listening all the time(there is a word for that).

Also, i guess morning studying is good aswell, the stuff goes in, i'm not really fond of late night work or studying just doesn't go well with my mood & natures cause
undecided

This is i wink
Re: What Time Of The Day Do You Work Or Learn Best? by Phate07(m): 10:59am On Apr 16, 2011
iyatrustee:

So wats romantic abt dis write up? Anyway, I learn and listen better after a sizzling round of se.x grin grin grin grin
190:

olodo poster= olodo question undecided
Lord_Reed:

190:

the boy nor get sense ni grin grin grin

saddist 101 en ni jedi jedi

Am too old for this! undecided undecided

Btw, which other section guarantees you a ready audience? undecided
Re: What Time Of The Day Do You Work Or Learn Best? by iyatrustee(f): 11:14am On Apr 16, 2011
So u mean romance section has the highest no of jobless, prompt to read a thread audience shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Time Of The Day Do You Work Or Learn Best? by Phate07(m): 11:17am On Apr 16, 2011

I didn't lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Time Of The Day Do You Work Or Learn Best? by BABE3: 6:05pm On Apr 16, 2011
***Opens Phate07's mouth by force*** Common open your mouth and talk jo. Wetin? lol

hmmm, I won't necessarily use the word "Jobless", I would use the word "Curious", hehehe, lol

We are curious. grin
Re: What Time Of The Day Do You Work Or Learn Best? by Phate07(m): 2:54am On Apr 17, 2011

grin grin I am just saying that this is the section with the largest traffic on Nl.
Re: What Time Of The Day Do You Work Or Learn Best? by 190: 2:56am On Apr 17, 2011
^^ saddist u go club!! grin grin
Re: What Time Of The Day Do You Work Or Learn Best? by Phate07(m): 3:12am On Apr 17, 2011

^^How far, psyche!! undecided
Re: What Time Of The Day Do You Work Or Learn Best? by 190: 3:15am On Apr 17, 2011
^^ cretin u go club, undecided
Re: What Time Of The Day Do You Work Or Learn Best? by iice(f): 3:22am On Apr 17, 2011
I'm nocturnal, so i'm more alert at night.
Re: What Time Of The Day Do You Work Or Learn Best? by Phate07(m): 3:28am On Apr 17, 2011
190:

^^ cretin u go club, undecided

Why are you asking, want to go with me next time? undecided

And mind your your words young man. undecided
Re: What Time Of The Day Do You Work Or Learn Best? by aminalib(f): 3:29am On Apr 17, 2011
i'm more alert in the morning, i usually will tend to study early mornings.
Re: What Time Of The Day Do You Work Or Learn Best? by Phate07(m): 3:30am On Apr 17, 2011
iice:

I'm nocturnal, so i'm more alert at night.  

I can see that. .

(1) (Reply)

What Should Be The Right Response For "Hi" / See Photos of This Underwater Bedroom Where Guests Are Surrounded By Live Sharks / We Supply Quality Electrical And Wiring Materials At The Best Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.