Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,819 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

Re: I Was Scammed By FAKE Zenith Bank Twitter Handle And Paystack Collabo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Re: I Was Scammed By FAKE Zenith Bank Twitter Handle And Paystack Collabo (574 Views)

5 Young Men Lured By Fake Job Offer Brutally Murdered By Mexican Drug Cartel / How I Was Just Scammed By Fake Zenith Bank Twitter Account / 14 Boys Raped By Fake Pastor In DR Congo - Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Scammed By FAKE Zenith Bank Twitter Handle And Paystack Collabo by AgreatMan: 11:42am On Mar 27, 2021
Following the complain on this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/6478788/just-been-scammed#100240701

I also contacted zenith bank on twitter to give me their Sort Code and Swift Code so I can receive some FX into my account.

How a bank like Zenith bank does not have an official list of their sort n swift code anywhere on their website beats my imagination.

A twitter user posing as Zenith bank also asked for my details. I felt it was d bank and gave out my account number. They said they wanted to confirm if it belongs to me and asked for my DOB. Later they say they will now confirm my number and will send me a code. I gave them, n 20k was removed. They would have removed more sef. They used paystack to pull off d scam.

What is my point? I was distracted calling my sis, and even sleepy while this WhatsApp convo was going on. But I still blame myself

But there are questions:

1. Why would Zenith Bank allow Paystack access to my data when the only people who should have access was mastercard? Did I sign up for paystack? Maybe somebody needs to educate me?

2. How come Paystack doesn't even have a means to report fraud? No place on their web for fraud report and email I sent kept bouncing.

3. What is a Bank's responsibility in tidying up their twitter account? All banks inclusive.

This could be you too when u r not looks closely, don't think you are too smart.

And something needs to be done about this whole mobile money mess.

Xilsbridalhouse

AdaNri1
Ladycewhy
seborrhic

OAM4J
Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Re: I Was Scammed By FAKE Zenith Bank Twitter Handle And Paystack Collabo by chatinent: 11:47am On Mar 27, 2021
It wasn't Zenith bank.

You guys have to be careful with Bank handlers on social media.

Once you Tweet a complaint or make a request, there are standby scammers who also designed their handlers like the original who will send you a direct message faking trying to respond to your request.

You never not even notice it!

They bear the same name, and retweet everything the original does.

If only you clicked on the name, you'd discover they are unverified.

That's how you and the former person got scammed.

Everyone needs to take precaution.
Re: Re: I Was Scammed By FAKE Zenith Bank Twitter Handle And Paystack Collabo by AgreatMan: 11:52am On Mar 27, 2021
chatinent:
It wasn't Zenith bank.

You guys have to be careful with Bank handlers on social media.

Once you Tweet a complaint or make a request, there are standby scammer who also designed their handlers like the original who will send you a direct message faking trying to respond to your request.

You never not even notice it!

They bear the same name, and retweet everything the original does.

If only you clicked on the name, you'd discover they are unverified.

That's how you got scammed.

Sure, I knew it wasn't Zenith Bank n I made it clear in d heading.
I like Zenith bank sef anyways, they don't stress u.

All banks have a job in cleaning this mess.

No need to receive customer complaints on social media if u can't control things like this.
Re: Re: I Was Scammed By FAKE Zenith Bank Twitter Handle And Paystack Collabo by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 27, 2021
This scammer is one of the guys you see out there claiming to be yahoo boy.
Re: Re: I Was Scammed By FAKE Zenith Bank Twitter Handle And Paystack Collabo by SUPERPACK: 12:30pm On Mar 27, 2021
AgreatMan:

I also contacted zenith bank on twitter to give me their Sort Code and Swift Code so I can receive some FX into my account.

How a bank like Zenith bank does not have an official list of their sort n swift code anywhere on their website beats my imagination.

A twitter user posing as Zenith bank also asked for my details. I felt it was d bank and gave out my account number. They said they wanted to confirm if it belongs to me and asked for my DOB. Later they say they will now confirm my number and will send me a code. I gave them, n 20k was removed. They would have removed more sef. They used paystack to pull off d scam.

What is my point? I was distracted calling my sis, and even sleepy while this WhatsApp convo was going on. But I still blame myself

But there are questions:

1. Why would Zenith Bank allow Paystack access to my data when the only people who should have access was mastercard? Did I sign up for paystack? Maybe somebody needs to educate me?

2. How come Paystack doesn't even have a means to report fraud? No place on their web for fraud report and email I sent kept bouncing.

3. What is a Bank's responsibility in tidying up their twitter account? All banks inclusive.

This could be you too when u r not looks closely, don't think you are too smart.

Xilsbridalhouse

AdaNri1
Ladycewhy
seborrhic

OAM4J
Mynd44
Your bank account was used to fund a sportybet account via PAYSTACK PAY WITH BANK GATEWAY. This funding method only needs an account number, a bvn/DOB and an OTP will be sent to your registered bank phone number to authenticate the transaction. Giving out the OTP sent to you was your main mistake. Many people are unaware of this Payment gateway and that's why it is easy to pull-off. I warned about this method January this year on another thread.

1 Like

Re: Re: I Was Scammed By FAKE Zenith Bank Twitter Handle And Paystack Collabo by Ladycewhy(f): 2:08pm On Mar 27, 2021
AgreatMan:

But there are questions:

Xilsbridalhouse

AdaNri1
Ladycewhy
seborrhic

OAM4J
Mynd44
You sent them a code sent to your phone. Any way the deed has been done . I just hope people reading will learn.

1 Like

Re: Re: I Was Scammed By FAKE Zenith Bank Twitter Handle And Paystack Collabo by LadySarah: 5:54pm On Mar 27, 2021
Zenith bank always issue warning that they aren't on whatsapp. Even when o laid complaints on facebook, several zenith bank handles replied me immediately. I took my time to waste their time very well by leading them on.

Only message the one with a blue tick meaning it's verified or go to their bank.

(1) (Reply)

IPOB Is A Terrorist Organisation(pics) / Hanging Up On Scammers: How To Protect Yourself From Phishing Phone Calls. / B-I-Z-A-R-R-E Confession: We Turn Lizards, Cats, Cows, Eat Human Flesh, 3 Kid-su

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.