Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,407 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Omonile Wants To Demolish My House - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Omonile Wants To Demolish My House (28377 Views)

Lagos To Demolish More Illegal Structures Across The State / FHA set To Demolish 677 Houses In Festac Over Contravention / Lagos To Demolish Distressed Buildings In Alaba International Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by TemmyT002(m): 8:31pm On Mar 27, 2021
Get a lawyer.
Report in the police station.
If your statement has a panel for land grabbing, apply there too.
That means they duped you. You either arrest the person who sold the land to you or arrest any idiot who wants to disturb you.
Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by mmsen: 8:32pm On Mar 27, 2021
Typical naija nonsense.

It's not his land to sell.
Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by tutudesz: 8:32pm On Mar 27, 2021
spider112:

Should I report at the police station?
Police work with this guys most of the time, I will guess you speak to a lawyer 1st.
Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by Massdamm(m): 8:32pm On Mar 27, 2021
make them con try this here in ilorin, e go shit tired sheybi na person wey get alafia dy claim omoinile...

2 Likes

Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by Bluffly: 8:32pm On Mar 27, 2021
spider112:
To cut a long story short, I bought the land at Ifo, Ogun State. I have the family receipt, and the deed of assignment. After hustling to build the structure, it now remains roofing and finishing.

However, I heard today from the family representative that a son of the land seller wants to demolish it to build a church. I'm also a christian, but this is quite surprising.

Once again, I only have the land receipt and deed of assignment. Also, I have spent over 2million naira on the structure.

What should I do to be on the safer side?
Carry soldier go there go spend one day and put signs everywhere that trespassers should beware, military zone.

1 Like

Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by OmoOshodi(m): 8:32pm On Mar 27, 2021
M
Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by mmsen: 8:33pm On Mar 27, 2021
transfer101:
Omonile wants to build a church grin

Why not, scam is scam. And church is the best scam there is in naija.

1 Like

Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by callthefred: 8:33pm On Mar 27, 2021
It's easy. Arrange for some soldiers, 50k will do. Go and pay the family a visit and let the soldiers warn them...otherwise trouble will happen. The man who wants to build a structure won't return to that community ever again. It works!

13 Likes

Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by ngadaAwo: 8:35pm On Mar 27, 2021
useless jobless avonjaa
bastard criminals
bunch of agberos and Tinubu urchins

Simplyleo come here now!
Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by Refinedbeing(m): 8:38pm On Mar 27, 2021
What is all this omonile of a thing self.
Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by okpas01: 8:40pm On Mar 27, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright.....
I don't know why niggarrrrs be acting and behaving like pussy ass niggarrs with no balls
Ogbeni op... this na small matter na....as far say you get receipts...then no wahalar

Pussy ass niggarrs every where....

But I dey wonder why omonile want build church ..
At the end of the day no advice was given. He has the receipt and asked what he should do. Real Niggarrrs scold and profer solution at the same time.

2 Likes

Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by BarrElChapo(m): 8:40pm On Mar 27, 2021
Get a lawyer to get an interim injunction against the proposed demolition.

spider112:
To cut a long story short, I bought the land at Ifo, Ogun State. I have the family receipt, and the deed of assignment. After hustling to build the structure, it now remains roofing and finishing.

However, I heard today from the family representative that a son of the land seller wants to demolish it to build a church. I'm also a christian, but this is quite surprising.

Once again, I only have the land receipt and deed of assignment. Also, I have spent over 2million naira on the structure.

Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by denvers: 8:43pm On Mar 27, 2021
okpas01:
At the end of the day no advice was given. He has the receipt and asked what he should do. Real Niggarrrs scold and profer solution at the same time.
You also didn't profer any solution, Antagonist.
OP, involve the police and get a lawyer.

1 Like

Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by BarrElChapo(m): 8:44pm On Mar 27, 2021
Moneyboyz:
Nairaland and and partiality, i posted a few days that government wants to demolish my house and they didn't move it to front page, I've spent 1.7million on the structure already. Na roofing remain.
In arigbajo.

You're being unnecessarily bitter. Get a lawyer to get an interim injunction against the proposed demolition
Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by Karemarealty288(m): 8:44pm On Mar 27, 2021
You have the family receipt, A Deed of Assignment and Survey...the land is yours any trespass is unlawful.

2 Likes

Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by greggng: 8:48pm On Mar 27, 2021
Moneyboyz:
Nairaland and and partiality, i posted a few days that government wants to demolish my house and they didn't move it to front page, I've spent 1.7million on the structure already. Na roofing remain.
In arigbajo.

Sometime we do what is called due diligence before buying any land . Some of you are greedy ...you don't wanna spend on a lawyer to go site your land with the ministry in charge ....Every state has got such department ...they will tell you if that land has government acquisition ...you don't just buy land ...proper due deligence has to be conducted ...

5 Likes

Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by Moneyboyz: 8:49pm On Mar 27, 2021
BarrElChapo:

You're being unnecessarily bitter. Get a lawyer to get an interim injunction against the proposed demolition

I'm not the only one, 50 houses were marked plus I didn't know house's have been demolished there in 2015, we went to the housing corporation in Abeokuta they said they are angry that despite the fact they they demolished houses there before that people have reconstructed and also built new houses.

And me I didn't know anything, I just buy dey build.

Is there any hope of winning this case.
Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by tiredoflife(m): 8:52pm On Mar 27, 2021
Yorubas can never sell land to you and leave the land
Smh
Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by VICARYREALT0RS: 8:53pm On Mar 27, 2021
spider112:

Take a legal action with your lawyer(get one asap). And visit Ogun state secretariat under land ministry. You obviously have the appropriate documentation on the land
Receipt
Deed of Assignment which states the transfer of ownership and all. Ma fo.

Also please pray oo. Pray before going to your land/property from now till its sorted and after sef. smiley

1 CENT:
Once you're cleared, process your cofo immediately o
Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by Duplexxx: 8:54pm On Mar 27, 2021
Go to your lawer why reporting here
Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by greggng: 8:57pm On Mar 27, 2021
Moneyboyz:

I'm not the only one, 50 houses were marked plus I didn't know house's have been demolished there in 2015, we went to the housing corporation in Abeokuta they said they are angry that despite the fact they they demolished houses there before that people have reconstructed and also built new houses.

And me I didn't know anything, I just buy dey build.

Is there any hope of winning this case.

There is no hope for you ....ignorant of the law is not a defense. You ought to 've gotten a good lawyer to go site the land for you before you even pay...you cannot build on government land and expect it to stand . Go back to who's ever that sold the land to you and ask for your refund ...it is illegal and criminal act to sell government land . Unfortunately , your house will be demolished

8 Likes

Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by adonainana: 8:57pm On Mar 27, 2021
demolish your house without a court order

Surely if his grievance of coming to demoslish the house is because you didnt settle him. Surely he should have gone to the family you paid for the land

And its up to them

Under the law even FG or any state government cannot retrospectively demolish a piece of your property without proper recourse to the law vis a vis revoking your C of O ( State Govt ) or a gazeette

But i doubt the son is just an agbero aka omo onile

So my advice too is to return fire for fire

Get some small change and hire thugs and provide transport for them

Get a local nightwatch too to be on the look out when they are coming

They give you sugar you give them salt
Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by Ashirioluwa: 8:58pm On Mar 27, 2021
spider112:

Sell the uncompleted building to him or the pastor who wants to build the church
Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by adesegun121(m): 8:59pm On Mar 27, 2021
Ok
Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by brainhgeek(m): 8:59pm On Mar 27, 2021
Did you do survey? If you did not do that, your matter choke o. If you have done the survey and fully paid, no idiot can encroach. If they do, take them to court, they will smell their foot

3 Likes

Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by excanny: 9:00pm On Mar 27, 2021
spider112:

Should I report at the police station?

Yes
Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by Justusidika46(m): 9:00pm On Mar 27, 2021
what God can do ,he needs No assistant

1 Share

Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by Shairghair21: 9:03pm On Mar 27, 2021
First thing you need to do is Survey Plan
Land information
Then combine that with your deed and lodge in for your your c of o
If they like, let them build mansion on your land ,they will pay you compensation for trespassing on your land

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Would Be The Cost Of Building A 4-bedroom Duplex Now In Abuja / N500K Electricity Bill Debt On Newly Purchased House. / Fire Disaster At Rumuokoro In Port Harcourt. Properties Destroyed (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.