Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,552 members, 7,819,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Omonile Wants To Demolish My House - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Omonile Wants To Demolish My House (28384 Views)

Lagos To Demolish More Illegal Structures Across The State / FHA set To Demolish 677 Houses In Festac Over Contravention / Lagos To Demolish Distressed Buildings In Alaba International Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by Mobog(m): 9:03pm On Mar 27, 2021
Moneyboyz:
Nairaland and and partiality, i posted a few days that government wants to demolish my house and they didn't move it to front page, I've spent 1.7million on the structure already. Na roofing remain.
In arigbajo.

Sorry for that!
What happened thereafter...was removed because this looks fake to me.
Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 27, 2021
spider112:
To cut a long story short, I bought the land at Ifo, Ogun State. I have the family receipt, and the deed of assignment. After hustling to build the structure, it now remains roofing and finishing.

However, I heard today from the family representative that a son of the land seller wants to demolish it to build a church. I'm also a christian, but this is quite surprising.

Once again, I only have the land receipt and deed of assignment. Also, I have spent over 2million naira on the structure.

What should I do to be on the safer side?

First, I'll advice you avoid any physically violent confrontations.

Avoid nearby police stations (this is very important). You can ask why if you want to know more but, you should grab by now.

Avoid being all cowardly. Never let your guard down, you act like the one in charge. Don't be afraid of him
There's this popular saying, though I might not put it right *** Once in a battle field, make sure you deal the first blow. And make sure it knocks out your opponent ****

Get the papers ready, make sure they're properly safe guarded and no one else knows where to locate them.

Get a lawyer, if the money is available (like I stated, give the very first and finishing blow).
If he threatens you, make sure you carry around a recorder. Most of which our smart phones have nowadays.

If there isn't money for a lawyer, make use of the police or army. One outside his base.

With as little as 60k, you can get two or more trained military men but, aim for those with higher rank. There's every possibility he might have one or two of their kind as friends.

They act like daredevils but, show them that the gentility of a lion doesn't make it a coward.
They'll respect you gan.

3 Likes

Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by almarthins(m): 9:04pm On Mar 27, 2021
spider112:
To cut a long story short, I bought the land at Ifo, Ogun State. I have the family receipt, and the deed of assignment. After hustling to build the structure, it now remains roofing and finishing.

However, I heard today from the family representative that a son of the land seller wants to demolish it to build a church. I'm also a christian, but this is quite surprising.

Once again, I only have the land receipt and deed of assignment. Also, I have spent over 2million naira on the structure.

Oga take matter higher. He is not a Christian at all.
Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by porthouse7(f): 9:04pm On Mar 27, 2021
go find 100k give army, I will be alright
Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by adonainana: 9:05pm On Mar 27, 2021
Moneyboyz:
Nairaland and and partiality, i posted a few days that government wants to demolish my house and they didn't move it to front page, I've spent 1.7million on the structure already. Na roofing remain.
In arigbajo.

You need whats called an Interim Injunction against the Ogun Stating Housing Corporation

Its a court order that would legally stop the demolition and maintain status quo

Thereafter, you will sue the Ogun State Housing Corporation to court for trespass in a seperate suit

Also, on the side, have some funds in place for thug or police or mopol to help you resist anything on the land should they ignore the court order

if you have a good lawyer whether you are a legal occupier on the land ooo or you are an illegal occupier, the case might take up to 10 years in court before a verdict at the supreme court is made final

This is how land cases are

in that time im sure you would built your structure to the end

So dont be scared, be ready for action
Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by brainhgeek(m): 9:06pm On Mar 27, 2021
Moneyboyz:
In arigbajo.

I know Arigbajo well. I graduated from methodist high school over 20yrs ago. I am sure that place would have developed now. However, you should have done survey on the land. Before buying any land, the first thing to do is a survey to be sure you are not encroaching on someone or governments land. That would have saved you a lot. No one wins the government when it comes to land matters. The land belongs to them. You are just a tenant

4 Likes

Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by Shairghair21: 9:06pm On Mar 27, 2021
First thing you need to do is Survey Plan
Land information
Then combine that with your deed and lodge in for your your c of o
If they like, let them build mansion on your land ,they will pay you compensation for trespassing on your land
Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by tonieguy(m): 9:07pm On Mar 27, 2021
It's simple. The family representative that brought the news to you seems to be part of the deal to make you cough out some more money.

Don't show any apprehension. Just inform him that you are waiting for any untoward action from anyone, then they will know the village you come from.

Meanwhile, make a prior report @ the police station and put them on notice. If you have a top brass police officer, now is the time to make use of the connection and prepare for whatever Gbege wan happen.

2 Likes

Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by Peteromi(m): 9:12pm On Mar 27, 2021
This is bad, Nigeria,this omonile is absolutely nonsense
Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by gfon(m): 9:12pm On Mar 27, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright.....
I don't know why niggarrrrs be acting and behaving like pussy ass niggarrs with no balls
Ogbeni op... this na small matter na....as far say you get receipts...then no wahalar

Pussy ass niggarrs every where....

But I dey wonder why omonile want build church ..
lol..three ways to cash out now-bombing,open a church and be a politician.
Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by joinnow: 9:13pm On Mar 27, 2021
spider112:

call Omonile Lawyer Bar Matt.
check nairaland
Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by lifenija: 9:15pm On Mar 27, 2021
Coproso:
Your village people don carry your matter for head. Go home and settle your village people.

once a while write like person with sense

1 Like

Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by ejiaro: 9:17pm On Mar 27, 2021
[quote author=spider112 post=100261533]To cut a long story short, I bought the land at Ifo, Ogun State. I have the family receipt, and the deed of assignment. After hustling to build the structure, it now remains roofing and finishing.

Once again, I only have the land receipt have spent over 2million naira on the st
What should I do to be on the safer sidey. ]go and do the survey in your name,the land will forever remains yours,even if he has build a super market on it
Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by 080bjaked(m): 9:23pm On Mar 27, 2021
spider112:

No Sir, they don't demolish your house cheesy. They want to get you into this state of mind so you can cough out more money for them. Na regular usual tactic.

My advise, get a lawyer first (I sincerely don't know how you people do these things without lawyers). Making some military connections may also be useful (a captain friend can perform magic in Nigeria grin) and then make an official report at the closest police station (just for reference purpose in the future if una finally go court) but get this straight, if you pay now, expect more wahala in the future. Na so he be. God be with you Sir.

2 Likes

Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by Nobody: 9:24pm On Mar 27, 2021
Omo onile wan build church .e funny us pa

Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by Istanbul8819: 9:26pm On Mar 27, 2021
callthefred:
It's easy. Arrange for some soldiers, 50k will do. Go and pay the family a visit and let the soldiers warn them...otherwise trouble will happen. The man who wants to build a structure won't return to that community ever again. It works!

Spider112 follow this advice. Involve military men in Ogun State. Please follow this advice. It is the best thing you can do. Lawyers are businessmen. The amount you will spend getting a lawyer and numerous appearances in the court, you can channel half of that money and give the military men. You should not be cheated. Military men works!
Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by Istanbul8819: 9:27pm On Mar 27, 2021
Moneyboyz:
In arigbajo.
lalasticlala save a soul
Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by Gbagura: 9:35pm On Mar 27, 2021
spider112:

Go to Oke mosan to sort yourself.
Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by vict505(m): 9:35pm On Mar 27, 2021
This has happened to me before. Please go to the BALE OR THE KING IN THAT AREA TO REPORT as soon as possible.

1 Like

Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by sustainee(m): 9:37pm On Mar 27, 2021
spider112:

Should I report at the police station?
reporting omo onile to police at ifo is a wrong i deal bcoz omo onile av report u to dem already nd dey av pay dem b4 dey demolished d building
Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by calcal: 9:41pm On Mar 27, 2021
tommy589:

You have no problem since you have the family reciept. Don't start to display any apprehension, let the son of the land seller confronts you first. If he makes any direct threat, go to Ifo police area commander office to lodge your complaint,arrest him and the representative that gives you information cos he provides them with your information too. Don't just go to any police station to make arrest

I bet the representative and his clique wants more money from you.

You don't need to waste your money on a lawyer. A lawyer is a business man too

Best answer so far
Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by Malawian(m): 9:46pm On Mar 27, 2021
spider112:

Since it is only one guy that is giving you problem, your own better. Dobe the guy ebe mmadu agaghi afu ya. No time.
Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by emperor863(m): 9:48pm On Mar 27, 2021
Karemarealty288:
You have the family receipt, A Deed of Assignment and Survey...the land is yours any trespass is unlawful.

It goes much more than this mate. How can he prove that those who signed the receipt are authorized by the family to do so?

It is only those who have not experienced land wahala that would make the submission above.

2 Likes

Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by spider112: 9:55pm On Mar 27, 2021
tommy589:

You have no problem since you have the family reciept. Don't start to display any apprehension, let the son of the land seller confronts you first. If he makes any direct threat, go to Ifo police area commander office to lodge your complaint,arrest him and the representative that gives you information cos he provides them with your information too. Don't just go to any police station to make arrest

I bet the representative and his clique wants more money from you.

You don't need to waste your money on a lawyer. A lawyer is a business man too

Thanks, I'll give this a shot.
Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by spider112: 9:56pm On Mar 27, 2021
sapoyoro:

sorry..which side at ifoo

Gudugba side
Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by spider112: 9:57pm On Mar 27, 2021
Kobicove:

Is the person who you bought the land from still alive?

Yes, he's still alive.
Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by spider112: 9:59pm On Mar 27, 2021
Bluffly:

Carry soldier go there go spend one day and put signs everywhere that trespassers should beware, military zone.

I'll have to talk to my soldier friend about getting the military zone permit.
Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by spider112: 10:00pm On Mar 27, 2021
callthefred:
It's easy. Arrange for some soldiers, 50k will do. Go and pay the family a visit and let the soldiers warn them...otherwise trouble will happen. The man who wants to build a structure won't return to that community ever again. It works!

Thanks for the advice.
Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by frozen70(f): 10:06pm On Mar 27, 2021
spider112:

Calm down, go to them, talk politely with them, worst case, they will ask you to add money to the present land so that he can go else where to get another land that's if the entire family will be foolish to allow him have his way that's if its not a family trick

It's cheaper for you that way than to relocate you deeper inside to start afresh with another cost of building

Just settle with them amicably and if you are paying back to them to save your land, py in beats while you continue your project

3 Likes

Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by OlujobaSamuel: 10:08pm On Mar 27, 2021
Moneyboyz:

I'm not the only one, 50 houses were marked plus I didn't know house's have been demolished there in 2015, we went to the housing corporation in Abeokuta they said they are angry that despite the fact they they demolished houses there before that people have reconstructed and also built new houses.

And me I didn't know anything, I just buy dey build.

Is there any hope of winning this case.
Isn't that LUTH land in Ifo?
Biko, nothing can be done about it, people's houses were demolished some years ago, surprised that land is now been sold again.
Re: Omonile Wants To Demolish My House by OlujobaSamuel: 10:13pm On Mar 27, 2021
spider112:

Thanks, I'll give this a shot.
Tommy589 gave you the best advice.
Start from area command not divisional police headquarters o, area command no work, go state, if not, go zonal, I doubt the person will have the connection to influence this 3 offices.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Would Be The Cost Of Building A 4-bedroom Duplex Now In Abuja / Fire Disaster At Rumuokoro In Port Harcourt. Properties Destroyed (Pictures) / N500K Electricity Bill Debt On Newly Purchased House.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.