Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,726 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:10 AM

Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? (14914 Views)

Can A Genuine Christian Guy Plait His Hair? / Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? / Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by Kobojunkie: 12:24am On Mar 30, 2021
DEMZEE:
Politics is amoral, logical and emotional
Religion is pure emotional and moral
Interesting take on it! undecided
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by Kobojunkie: 12:25am On Mar 30, 2021
pepetua:
The answer is A CAPITAL "NO"because you said in Nigeria but in the western world the answer is "YES"
This is because here in Nigeria even if you make up your mind to be honest and upright,they will boldly tell you that its not the system unless you want to be assassinated because you are going to block their view unless the majority of the players in the system has the same ideology with you otherwise corruption has eating deep the bone marrow of many Nigerians that we see evil as part of the system.
Look in the western world, how many genuine Christian politicians do you really know of, and I mean you be willing to look behind the facade at the truth behind these men? undecided
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by stanliwise(m): 1:03am On Mar 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
When you read God's word as cited by someone, what exactly comes to your mind?
Are we to disregard not minding what it mean or we deliberate on its PRACTICAL APPLICATION?
Jesus said "my kingdom is not of this source" {John 18:36} he was accused, arrested, arraigned, prosecuted, convicted, judged, sentenced and executed by the government of this world!
And ever since then his disciples have become the target of Satan's agents {Ephesians 6:12} and Jesus ordered us not to fight back but to flee (RUN) away from them {Matthew 10:23} now you're hearing for the first time in your life that a certain group of people are STRICTLY in submission to all these sayings and all you are thinking is about mentality, shey? undecided
Well for your information, even Jesus' own contemporaries never thought of him as mentally balanced after hearing his admonitions! {John 10:20} and his own relatives also sad he (Jesus) was MAD! Mark 3:21
So are you willing to learn or you just want to see his true followers today the same way people view Jesus back then? Matthew 10:22-25; John 15:19 smiley

Infact I am completely disappointed that a Christian brother would speak of this manner, very awkward and so out of line.

But you and I know that when government build road or provide electricity, you and I would enjoy it. It is so sad. You needs reorientation. I am sure you’re among the people who looked away in anything concerning government and decide to take no action due to some unfound doctrine not anywhere in the Bible but rather due to long term of misinterpretation and lack of critical thought So sad

Well your children and mine would live to see the country we created for them. Our excuse would be that, as Christians we are commanded to not interfere in Government matter.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:44am On Mar 30, 2021
Point of correction Sir, you are my neighbour not my brother, only those that heed the WONDERFUL counsel of that young first century Jewish carpenter are my brothers! Matthew 12:46-49
Obviously you're not ready to OBEY our King, his counsel never sound palatable to the people of his time {John 10:20 compare Mark 3:21} but only those who pay rapt attention to his counsel and exercising faith in him {Matthew 7:24-27} he promised to save when this wicked world and it's governmental system is DESTROYED! Daniel 2:44 compare to 1John 2:15-17
So we are exerting ourselves to live by his word and we know ourselves as brothers and sisters globally praying for his kingdom to come {Matthew 6:9-10} whatever this present authority demand of us we will do but we will never support any side we must remain NEUTRAL {John 17:14-16} because we are no part of them!

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

stanliwise:

Infact I am completely disappointed that a Christian brother neighbour would speak of this manner, very awkward and so out of line.

But you and I know that when government build road or provide electricity, you and I would enjoy it. It is so sad. You needs reorientation. I am sure you’re among the people who looked away in anything concerning government and decide to take no action due to some unfound doctrine not anywhere in the Bible but rather due to long term of misinterpretation and lack of critical thought So sad

Well your children and mine would live to see the country we created for them. Our excuse would be that, as Christians we are commanded to not interfere in Government matter.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by EvilPOTATO(m): 4:48am On Mar 30, 2021
mrnelsono:

you answered well and also impacted knowledge to over religious people
yes sir. happy Easter in advance

1 Like

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by Tobechuckwu(m): 7:15am On Mar 30, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Try to pay attention, regardless of what is written for you in the book of Proverbs by men who were in authority at the time, the fact is God is Law as far as His people and Kingdom is concerned. I made it clear that regardless of what you have read of in the Old Testament, the New Covenant, Jesus Christ decreed it a sin to occupy such positions , as one of His followers. undecided

So unless you are suggesting we throw away the commandments of Jesus Christ, and the Gospels as a whole, because some where in the book of proverbs , some king suggested that the people are happier when the righteous men rule, I say you get your mind together as far as who it is that rules over you. undecided

Jesus Christ never said that. I don't know which of the Bible u are quoting.
God is d God of Abraham ,David ,Daniel nd still d father of my Lord Jesus Christ, if those in d old testament could serve d people righteously nd still serve God wholeheartedly, we Christian can.
Dont let Ur Pastor deceive u with old fables nd with traditions .
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by DEMZEE(m): 7:18am On Mar 30, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Interesting take on it! undecided

Pure facts though
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by stanliwise(m): 9:22am On Mar 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Point of correction Sir, you are my neighbour not my brother, only those that heed the WONDERFUL counsel of that young first century Jewish carpenter are my brothers! Matthew 12:46-49
Obviously you're not ready to OBEY our King, his counsel never sound palatable to the people of his time {John 10:20 compare Mark 3:21} but only those who pay rapt attention to his counsel and exercising faith in him {Matthew 7:24-27} he promised to save when this wicked world and it's governmental system is DESTROYED! Daniel 2:44 compare to 1John 2:15-17
So we are exerting ourselves to live by his word and we know ourselves as brothers and sisters globally praying for his kingdom to come {Matthew 6:9-10} whatever this present authority demand of us we will do but we will never support any side we must remain NEUTRAL {John 17:14-16} because we are no part of them!

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

You may call Christ, speak in tongues and read the bible, yet your thinking and reasoning is far away from his principles and commandment.
This is mental slavery, Christ cannot be mocked and the holy spirit is and will never be an author of confusion. Back in the days, there was no such thing as democracy and there was not a place anywhere in the bible where democracy or people electing their leaders were condemned, There were kings, and despite that many great kings who submit themselves to God were used to move great things, Solomon and his father(The psalmist) David was one to always think about.

bad government bring misery, poverty and torment on the people only and only if we as a people allow, them and God forever being truthful would and has and would not be the author of such thought, Like I said, our children would judge our actions just like we are judging our parent actions. A boy who could not go to good school nor get educated and can neither read nor write correctly nor put food in his stomach, let see how easy it will be for the word of God to reach him.

Selah
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:07am On Mar 30, 2021
Perhaps i should let you know that i'm one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, we value education than anything else because we can't worship our God without READING and STUDYING!

But throughout the earth we don't interfere in Politics {John 17:14-16} neither do we join in any type of protest against those in the authorities {Romans 13:1} and we are the most peaceful and peaceloving people on the surface of this planet {Micah 4:1-3} though 99% of earth's inhabitants hate us due to our way of life {Luke 21:17} but we are prepared to endure whatever they do to us till his kingdom come! Matthew 10:22

Please if my reasoning doesn't sound good to you it's OK Sir, i can understand! 1Peter 3:15 smiley

stanliwise:

You may call Christ, speak in tongues and read the bible, yet your thinking and reasoning is far away from his principles and commandment.
This is mental slavery, Christ cannot be mocked and the holy spirit is and will never be an author of confusion. Back in the days, there was no such thing as democracy and there was not a place anywhere in the bible where democracy or people electing their leaders were condemned, There were kings, and despite that many great kings who submit themselves to God were used to move great things, Solomon and his father(The psalmist) David was one to always think about.

bad government bring misery, poverty and torment on the people only and only if we as a people allow, them and God forever being truthful would and has and would not be the author of such thought, Like I said, our children would judge our actions just like we are judging our parent actions. A boy who could not go to good school nor get educated and can neither read nor write correctly nor put food in his stomach, let see how easy it will be for the word of God to reach him.

Selah
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by stanliwise(m): 10:30am On Mar 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Perhaps i should let you know that i'm one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, we value education than anything else because we can't worship our God without READING and STUDYING!

But throughout the earth we don't interfere in Politics {John 17:14-16} neither do we join in any type of protest against those in the authorities {Romans 13:1} and we are the most peaceful and peaceloving people on the surface of this planet {Micah 4:1-3} though 99% of earth's inhabitants hate us due to our way of life {Luke 21:17} but we are prepared to endure whatever they do to us till his kingdom come! Matthew 10:22

Please if my reasoning doesn't sound good to you it's OK Sir, i can understand! 1Peter 3:15 smiley

Our children will see the Nigeria we kept for them.
Only men with a sense of responsibility will understand what it means to build a better future for our future generation, if for nothing, we owe them a good country and a good planet. Just taking a look at the rate of insecurity and chaos in the country alone is enough to send shiver down the spine of a young adult. How do you even sleep at night? do you take time out to sometime understand the situation of the current country? do you even feel safe at night? can you confidently travel or walk safe at night in this country? I fear person wey nor fear your kind of person.

Child: "Papa, Mama who are this people, why are they doing this?"
Parent: Look away boy, it is not our business.

Fold your arms while the demons wreck havoc in the land our young would grow. Someday I pray this fire on the mountain we don't want to pay attention to never comes for us and even if we avoid it, never comes for our children.

Thank you

Modified: For your info, I don't care what kind of church you attend, I believe the truth has no owner
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:50am On Mar 30, 2021
This is not the beginning of the journey Sir, God's faithful servants started this long journey right from the time of John the baptist.
Jesus declared "No prophet is greater than John the baptist but the least in the kingdom of heaven (Christians) are greater than him, but from the day of John the baptist the kingdom of heaven became the goal men are pressing and those pressing harder are getting it" Matthew 11:11-12

Before John the baptist an average Israelite is expected to pray, serve, pledge and fight for the nation to protect God's Temple and the place where his name is mentioned (Jerusalem) but after John the baptist that's no more the goal of God's servants, rather they're to pray, serve, pledge and fight for pure worship not Jerusalem any more!

So the Jews in the first century hated Jesus with passion because this man has the power but is not ready to support Israel! smiley

stanliwise:

Our children will see the Nigeria we kept for them.
Only men with a sense of responsibility will understand what it means to build a better future for our future generation, if for nothing, we owe them a good country and a good planet. Just taking a look at the rate of insecurity and chaos in the country alone is enough to send shiver down the spine of young adult.
Child: "Papa, Mama who are this people, why are they doing this?"
Parent: Look away boy, it is not our business.
Fold your arms while the demons wreck havoc in the land our young would grow. Someday I pray this fire on the mountain we don't want to pay attention to never comes for us and even if we avoid it, never comes for our children.
Thank you
Modified: For your info, I don't care what kind of church you attend, I believe the truth has no owner
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by Anakazo22: 11:02am On Mar 30, 2021
Kobojunkie:
David, Nehemiah and Daniel were not Christians and as such not the examples Christians are instructed to model their lives after. Jesus Christ is the one Christians are called to emulate and become as.
Haha, you are very funny, even Jesus made reference of the old testament, that means we should not make reference to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob because they were old testament, Moses, Elijah and so on. Read Romans 15:4 and see what Paul said before you start reading Bible upside down
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by stanliwise(m): 11:03am On Mar 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
This is not the beginning of the journey Sir, God's faithful servants started this long journey right from the time of John the baptist.
Jesus declared "No prophet is greater than John the baptist but the least in the kingdom of heaven (Christians) are greater than him, but from the day of John the baptist the kingdom of heaven became the goal men are pressing and those pressing harder are getting it" Matthew 11:11-12

Before John the baptist an average Israelite is expected to pray, serve, pledge and fight for the nation to protect God's Temple and the place where his name is mentioned (Jerusalem) but after John the baptist that's no more the goal of God's servants, rather they're to pray, serve, pledge and fight for pure worship not Jerusalem any more!

So the Jews in the first century hated Jesus with passion because this man has the power but is not ready to support Israel! smiley

In other words You have no plan for posterity here on earth.
Our future generation may read this later, thank you for documenting sir.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:44am On Mar 30, 2021
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, i really appreciate but we are praying for God's Kingdom this system is finished! smiley

stanliwise:

In other words You have no plan for posterity here on earth. Our future generation may read this later, thank you for documenting sir.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by Kobojunkie: 1:32pm On Mar 30, 2021
Tobechuckwu:

Jesus Christ never said that. I don't know which of the Bible u are quoting.
God is d God of Abraham ,David ,Daniel nd still d father of my Lord Jesus Christ, if those in d old testament could serve d people righteously nd still serve God wholeheartedly, we Christian can.
Dont let Ur Pastor deceive u with old fables nd with traditions .
Who among those of the old testament "served the people" righteously? undecided
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by Kobojunkie: 1:50pm On Mar 30, 2021
Anakazo22:

Haha, you are very funny, even Jesus made reference of the old testament, that means we should not make reference to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob because they were old testament, Moses, Elijah and so on. Read Romans 15:4 and see what Paul said before you start reading Bible upside down
Try to Pay attention to the topic being discussed here. You are asked of Christian's of whom there were none in the Old Testament. undecided

Abraham you mention was a mercenary of sorts... He was not a king but he had an army of men who worked for him.

Moses, Elijah, and many others you lot keep mentioning were just prophets and not political leaders of any kind . They were servants of God whose one and only duty was to do the Will of God no matter what. They led God's people and to/in God's land, Canaan.

Daniel was a prophet thrust into politics, and we are not told much of his accomplishments as far as the people of the time are concerned, and we are not told much of the way he ruled over those he was placed in charge.

As for the kings of israel, I believe only nehemiah stood out and even then, his story centered around what he was able to do on behalf of God and not on how well he ruled over then people.

In this world, politics does not center around God and His Willl but around the will of the people - not the Will of God. The politics of this world is centered around the serving of the people, setting the people up as Master in every decision one makes. Power is the name of the game as far as world politics is concerned. Why is it so hard for many of you to realize what Jesus Christ said of this? undecided
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by Anakazo22: 2:52pm On Mar 30, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Try to Pay attention to the topic being discussed here. You are asked of Christian's of whom there were none in the Old Testament. undecided

Abraham you mention was a mercenary of sorts... He was not a king but he had an army of men who worked for him.

Moses, Elijah, and many others you lot keep mentioning were just prophets and not political leaders of any kind . They were servants of God whose one and only duty was to do the Will of God no matter what. They led God's people and to/in God's land, Canaan.

Daniel was a prophet thrust into politics, and we are not told much of his accomplishments as far as the people of the time are concerned, and we are not told much of the way he ruled over those he was placed in charge.

As for the kings of israel, I believe only nehemiah stood out and even then, his story centered around what he was able to do on behalf of God and not on how well he ruled over then people.

In this world, politics does not center around God and His Willl but around the will of the people - not the Will of God. The politics of this world is centered around the serving of the people, setting the people up as Master in every decision one makes. Power is the name of the game as far as world politics is concerned. Why is it so hard for many of you to realize what Jesus Christ said of this? undecided
I don't want to argue with you pls,I believe there are genuine Christian today in Nigeria politics although they may be few that's why their voices are not heard and I believe hundred percent that a genuine Christian can be a good politician in Nigeria.
And secondly there is nothing wrong if a Christian want to join politics provided it's not for selfish interest.

1 Like

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by Kobojunkie: 3:00pm On Mar 30, 2021
Anakazo22:

I don't want to argue with you pls,I believe there are genuine Christian today in Nigeria politics although they may be few that's why their voices are not heard and I believe hundred percent that a genuine Christian can be a good politician in Nigeria.
And secondly there is nothing wrong if a Christian want to join politics provided it's not for selfish interest.
Let's try to visit reality a lot more here. Where are the genuine Christian's in Nigerian or world politics? undecided
Where are those who are able to serve two masters and still remain children of God, as you claim? undecided
Where are these gods who are able to both serve the will of God and men at the same time ? undecided
What are there names? undecided
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by Tobechuckwu(m): 3:55pm On Mar 30, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Who among those of the old testament "served the people" righteously? undecided

Daniel did nd Joseph did also!
That's just few to mention
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by Kobojunkie: 4:33pm On Mar 30, 2021
Tobechuckwu:

Daniel did nd Joseph did also!
That's just few to mention
Provide scriptural evidence of this claim you make please.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by Kobojunkie: 6:53pm On Mar 30, 2021
labofa1:
A genuine Christian can be a politician but in Nigeria it is not possible. Because you have to bow to the powers that be and join the oat taking forms and actually take the oat of allegiance and non disclosure of secrets. And the spirit of lies possess you immidiately so you will never tell the truth again. And the spirit of stealing takes over you and you start to steal. You can not serve God and money. Those early years, some people did politics and were clean. People like Sam mbakwe, Alhaji Jakande who just passed on. But this days, the devil himself is in charge of politics in Nigeria. So no genuine Christian can do politics in Nigeria without soiling your hands.
Do politicians everywhere else not have to bow to the powers that be, be it corrupt men in power of the people whose will they are elected to serve? So how can your genuine Christian serve both God's Will and the will of the people at the same time, while maintaining his status where God is concerned. or did you not read that you are not to serve two masters? undecided
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by Kobojunkie: 6:56pm On Mar 30, 2021
Goalnaldo:
Yes it's very possible. Take a look at the borno State governor Zulum Babagana. I'm not saying he's a saint but his works is extremely commendable.
What works are those? undecided
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by Kobojunkie: 7:06pm On Mar 30, 2021
efeteb:
The answer to this is simple.
Is Pastor Yemi Osinbajo still a genuine Christian? If your answer is Yes, then it is possible. But what I see now is Osinbajo is now SINbajo
Jesus Christ said you cannot serve two masters and it is important to keep this in mind when analyzing the work of your so-called Christian politicians.
If we are to assume that your example there in office is right now serving the will of the people, then according to God, Osinbajo has abandoned God, he was not a genuine Christian since he chose to bow to the will of men over the Will of God. undecided

If we instead assume that Osinbajo was a genuine Christian to begin with, then he would not have applied to a position requiring him to submit to the will of men(have men as masters over his decision making) in the first place and hence would never have attempted politics. tongue

1 Like

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by Kobojunkie: 7:07pm On Mar 30, 2021
Magmata:
The question should be; ”Can I has a Christian get involved in politics without being smeared?

The answer now depends on individual interpretation of what Christianity is; the same reason we have many church denominations using the same Bible, but different approach.

Well, if Christianity is to be centered on the character Jesus and his teachings ONLY, Politics has no space for Christians.

Your presence in any political platform is a declaration that you support their ideology, and whatever the party does has your approval even if your stand is different.

For instance, every lies told by APC government has Osinbajo's approval, if not, he would have resigned or 'soro soke' ( but that depends on his approach to christianiy). Or..., maybe APC never lied

I'm not disputing the presence of good people (or the need of them) in politics, but I doubt if any 'sensitive' Christian will be comfortable with political gospels at the core of it.

The bottom line is, we don't need Christians or Muslims in politics, what we need are sefless people with ideas to lead (not to rule) and I think such traits has nothing to do with religion.

Even if the platform is dirty, individual true intention shall be the judge of his/her involvement.
indeed!
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by Kobojunkie: 7:09pm On Mar 30, 2021
Atlas9:

Nowhere in the bible supports your spurious claims.
You should read the Gospels where everything Jesus Christ taught you not only leads to that conclusion , and He also tells you this directly in Matthew 20 bs 20 -28.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by Kobojunkie: 7:11pm On Mar 30, 2021
Emperorlanky:

Read Daniel 2:44 please ASAP
Good reference there to the Kingdom of God. undecided

1 Like

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by Kobojunkie: 7:14pm On Mar 30, 2021
Baba1234:
And he was ten times better than his peers...how can u be ten times better if you are not in the hem of affairs to make it happen. When a christian is called to service, why not? We are christians, we raise the standard in everything. It is even better if a "genuine christian" rule because he rules with the fear of God... You cannot tell me also that there are no genuine christian in the military force.. they are everywhere in every sphere of life...And when they rule, u see d difference..
As someone already tried to point out to you, a genuine Christian can't even defend himself during an attack, let alone join the army. You know the story of Stephen?lipsrsealed

Most of you commenting don't even understand what it means to be a Christian, let alone what it entails to be genuine in your followership of the person of Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by Kobojunkie: 7:18pm On Mar 30, 2021
Emperorlanky:

You people certainly don't understand what the word 'Christian' mean. Christian in the military? When CHRIST from where we got Christian reprimanded Peter for defending him with a sword. Ok ooooo!
Exactly! undecided
The story of Stephen presented in the book of Acts of the apostles gives a quick look at what it means to obey Jesus Christ's teaching on loving your enemy and turning the other cheek. How can anyone who is a genuine Christian, who lives by that commandment that Jesus Christ gave, even attempt a career in the military. undecided

1 Like

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by Kobojunkie: 7:20pm On Mar 30, 2021
MozB:

Please dont mislead people, and before saying a very Big NO, have portions of the bible to back your point up.
Proverbs 29:2(NIV) says "When the righteous are in authority and become great, the people rejoice; but when the wicked man rules, the people groan and sigh.... These clearly shows you that it is the righteos that is expected to rule. Christians have washed their hands off leadership and you wonder how we are suppose to advance the kingdom when we are not in relevant positions.
Look at OP putting up Osibanjo's photo as if only that man who is a light in a midst of gross darkness can change a thing. Note that proverbs said "When the righteous are in authority"
I think the question OP should ask is "Is it possible to be a christian in politics and not be corrupt?" because this is where the challenge really lies. But even with that, one with grace and self discipline can pull through it.
May God open our eyes to understand him even better.
Please learn to put aside your personal biases when reading the bible. It will help you better understand and accept the teachings of Jesus Christ, the one many of you claim to believe in, yet do not obey for reasons known to you. undecided
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by Kobojunkie: 7:22pm On Mar 30, 2021
MistarT:
Proverbs 29:2 WHEN THE RIGHTEOUS ARE IN AUTHORITY, THE PEOPLE REJOICE: but WHEN THE WICKED beareth RULE, THE PEOPLE MOURN.

God is changing things in Nigeria, watch out! He is about to put His true children in choice positions. Get ready for THEOCRACY .GOD WILL RULE THROUGH HIS CHOSEN.
Some of us have been "watching out" for many decades now..and I am afraid the news hasn't been very good since too many have muddled it all up with their religion. undecided
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by Kobojunkie: 7:47pm On Mar 30, 2021
Zoe99:
This is what I've discovered in this religion section.Everyone comes here with their own unnegotiable opinion determined to defend it to the last.It's just like being in a discussion with someone and you're quiet not because you're listening to the person but cos you're deliberating on what you'll say once he's done.People basically come here to argue and those who are actually seeking the truth are just floating in the air.Besides,it seems this thread has been hijacked by the Jehovah's witnesses.
Well, many of those arguing are themselves seeking truth in their own way. undecided
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? by MozB: 7:56pm On Mar 30, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Please learn to put aside your personal biases when reading the bible. It will help you better understand and accept the teachings of Jesus Christ, the one many of you claim to believe in, yet do not obey for reasons known to you. undecided

i advice you same. God bless you

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How You Can Lengthen Your Days - Adeboye (Open Heavens) / Family Tithing In The Diaspora / COZA Port Harcourt OutReach Programme To The Less Privileged (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.