Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,006 members, 7,838,525 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Do Not Repeat The Mistakes Of Your Parents - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Not Repeat The Mistakes Of Your Parents (350 Views)

The Mistakes Of Constantine That Birthed The Trinity Doctrine, Paganism With Chr / The Mistakes Of The Churches Of Thyatira And Pergamum / The Many Mistakes Of Apostle Paul's Teachings: Mistake No. 7 Correction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do Not Repeat The Mistakes Of Your Parents by Rapture4real(m): 12:47pm On Mar 28, 2021
Genesis. 26:1-2[i]“And there famine in the land, besides the first famine that was in the days of Abraham. And Isaac went unto Abimelech king of the Philistines unto Gerar. And the LORD appeared unto him, and said, Go not down into Egypt; dwell in the land which I shall tell thee.”[/i] KJV

It is the wish of every parent that their children would be better than them. God expects that a succeeding generation should surpass the preceding one because in divine calculation, the glory of the latter house should be greater than the former Hag. 2:9. But unfortunately, more often than none, the succeeding generation only repeats the mistakes of the preceding one. As a Christian youth, God expects you to be better than your parents without repeating their mistakes. You must break their records and set a new one in every good aspect of life. For a lady to have a baby out of wedlock as a Secondary school dropout just as her mother did is like repeating the mistakes of the mother. For a young married man to be contemplating marrying another lady because of the bad characters of his wife is like repeating the mistake of his father who is a polygamist. It is often said, history repeats itself. You must reject and pray against any bad history that wants to repeat itself in your life.

Isaac virtually experienced what his father Abraham did. In Gen. 12:10-20. There was famine in the land of Canaan and Abram went down to sojourn in Egypt without seeking God’s will about the situation. The effect of his going down to Egypt was Haggai he brought from there who later gave birth to Ishmael through Abram which was against God’s original design for him. Ishmael became the patriarch of Arab countries through which Islam came to the world. The seeds of the bond woman (Gen.21:10, Gal.4:21-31) are terrorizing the whole world till today. The whole world is still paying for the error of Abram. In Gen. 26:1-2, there was famine in the time of Isaac too but God quickly warned him not to repeat the mistake of his father by going down to Egypt. Isaac obeyed God’s instructions. They both had the same challenge-famine but Isaac did not repeat his father’s mistake in this situation. Whenever you read the biography of each of the kings of Israel and Judah, the Bible always evaluates their lives against their predecessors I Kings 14:21-22; 15:1-3; 15:9-11;15:25-26 etc.

Beloved, the fact that something bad happened to your parents or past generation does not mean you should repeat it as someone who has been redeemed by the Lord Jesus Christ. Eph. 2:1-7. You need to do a spiritual survey and x-ray certain ugly events around your family and sincerely pray against them. God can open your eyes to those areas. You must be conscious of them, pray and guide against them. The foundation you lay for yourself is what your children will meet on ground. If you notice that those mistakes are already there, ask God for mercy and pray that He renew your life and make you whole.

Prayer: Father Lord, help me not to repeat the mistakes of my parents and where it is already manifesting Lord Jesus, bring me out of it in Jesus name. Amen
Source:From God's inspiration by the op.

(1) (Reply)

Vaccinophobia / The Room Filled / Sodom And Gomorrah & End Of The World / Age – Comparisons!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.